PIA Plane Crash near Havelian

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mohsin, Dec 7, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    My childhood just went away. Still remember dil dil Pakistan being played for the first time on independence day at my school and I literally fell in love with it. I wanted to know who the singer was and when I can back, immediately asked my mother the question. Been a fan of him since. What a voice he had and what an affluent personality.

The entire family is gone. Just imagine how the surviving members must be feeling.
    Sad, really sad.

2. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    How can one do that man? That level of ignorance is literally sadistic.
    And the worst part is that it will be swept under the carpet.

3. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    I think only him and his wife died. children werent travelling with him

4. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    Yes, I stand corrected. i think it was his second wife and not Aisha; the mother of his three sons.

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Wait he had another wife? was the first one divorced?

6. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    nope, she was not divorced.

7. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes he had two wives. His first Wife is Ayesha who had Children and she is safe. This was his second wife who died with him and I think she had no children.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Actually this was his third wife

[​IMG]

9. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    Extremely sad news. Hoping a proper investigation is launched into this and we find what the real cause of the crash was. If PIA is in any way responsible for the crash due to maintenance negligence, then they should be taken to task for it.

May the souls of those that departed in this crash rest in peace.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    First time i have seen Khan Saab so sad

@SAMAATV: Imran Khan shed a tear for Junaid Jamshed's tragic death

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I heard about this yesterday. Whilst it's sad to lose Junaid, let's not forget all the others who passed away too. Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioun

12. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    It is sad everyone has focused on Junaid Jamshed. Other innocent people died too and I unfortunately saw a video footage of inside the flight and people were praying and crying. Depressed me

JJ the singer was amazing and a big part of my childhood but people focusing on just him not the other poor people highlights the sorry state of our country.

PIA should never be allowed to enter the skies again if that story about signals being ignored are true. You do not play with lives like this for material gains you corrupt ****

13. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Video / audio footages are fake.
    But yeah really tragic incident.

14. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    This is the kind of general mentality amongst us because of which accountability is non existent in countries like Pakistan.

When we lose our near and dear ones, we write it off as "Allah ki Marzi" so apparently it cannot be questioned.

When was the last time a stampede did not occur during Haj? It happens every year yet nothing is done to prevent it. Why? Because it is believed to be a privilege to die there (please correct me if I am wrong because that is what I have heard from some folks).

This stupidity needs to end. The PIA official who ignored the warning signs needs to be made an example of.

Depressing incident though, and Junaid Jamshed is a huge loss. Dil Dil Pakistan was his creation IIRC.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I never said the incident shouldn't be investigated but my point was mourning too much over death of someone.

I dont know how it is for you but being muslims, it is our belief that we all have fixed time of death. Our life span are already decided and everyone has to go when his time is over.. Junaid jamshed time was over and would have died some other way if not for this incident. This is one of our very basic belief.

Having said that, the case should be investigated and people should be punished if found guilty.

16. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    \\

During this year's Hajj because Iranis were not allowed to perform Hajj this year. They were the culprits in last year's stampede and in the past also they were the one's responsible for killings during the Hajj.

17. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    I don't want to question your beliefs or start a debate on this sad thread so let us leave it at that.

18. Markhor

Markhor Talented

May 9, 2010
    RIP, my sympathies to all those affected. A few thoughts on this. Firstly, not many Pakistanis need be told that their state institutions have become decayed and corrupt. But if they needed a tragic reminder, this is one of them.

PIA is an organisation that needs reform from top to bottom. For years its gotten away with lax safety standards that endanger lives and many passengers, perhaps including members of this forum may have experiences of poor service and unprofessional staff with PIA. PIA infact had 35 of its fleet of 42 aircraft placed on an EU blacklist not too long ago for safety concerns. One indicator of how dangerous an airline is are the number of near misses. As you can see, PIA is a major outlier:

[​IMG]

Secondly, I'm firmly against religious fundamentalism but religious countries don't have a monopoly on industrial accidents so don't agree this is due to a "God will look after us" mindset. More than a hundred people have died in coal mine accidents in China since October.

In developing countries, corners are cut and institutions are prone to corruption and not stringent enough in enforcing regulations. And when then these incidents occur there's no accountability.

In the UK if this sort of incident happened - not only would the Transport Secretary have handed in their resignation by now but the Prime Minister would be yanked in front of Parliament to face hours of questioning.

19. Markhor

Markhor Talented

May 9, 2010
    Well, one head has rolled today. PIA Chairman resigns.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1302072/pia-chairman-azam-saigol-resigns

20. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Imran Tahir pays tribute to Junaid Jamshed

According to reports, Proteas cricketers Imran Tahir and Hashim Amla were close friends with Junaid Jamshed. They came closer to each other when Jamshed used to visit the country a lot.

21. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    I always dream doing something similar with Salman Taseer saabs face printed on my shirt

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @ASLI-PATHAN

23. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    upload_2017-1-23_21-26-14.jpeg

Though now you mention it, i dream of doing the same thing with Mumtaz Qadri's face...and someone pissing on it.

24. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    +1

25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    damn you guys, this is the thread Major had to bump. I though there was another PIA plane crash *ALLAH na kare*

26. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Our Prophet (PBUH) said never speak bad against a person who is dead. His affairs in this World are ended and he is in a court where nothing remains hidden. Very poor post. No matter what you think of Qadri but you never use such words for a dead person.

I am also not a fan of Taseer but I will never fall to this level to curse a dead person.