[PICTURES] Inzamam ul Haq in nets with Babar Azam

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Omar, Jul 11, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010

Any captions you'd like to give on each picture then go ahead and do so!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Beta, yeh dab cheez aise karte hai?

3. godzilla

godzilla Cricistani

May 12, 2016
    good to see. lets hope it has some positive effect!

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Inzamam showers praise on Pakistan’s emerging superstar

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief selector Inzamam ul Haq, has showered praise on Pakistan middle order batsman Babar Azam.

Azam, who made a name for himself in the limited overs, after hitting three back to back centuries against the West Indies, has cemented his place in the Pakistan squad for long term.

“This kid is such a talent, mA. Want him to see top the world's batsmen list. Guide such kids with love. They are future. They are Pakistan,” said Inzamam in a post on social media.

“Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali and Rumman Raees are all stars of the future, but Babar Azam would soon become a world class batsman,” said Inzamam, quoted local media.

http://www.brecorder.com/2017/07/11/358626/inzimam-showers-praise-on-pakistans-emerging-superstar/

5. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Good attitude from both. Inzi wants to teach and Babar is willing to learn it seems.

6. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Cricistani

May 4, 2010
    Good to see a former legend spending time with players and shining the light on them instead of being on a talk show to get attention himself.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    He's the chief selector. It's not in his own time, he's getting paid to do it.

8. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    Paid to be a "Selector" not a coach or mentor. Give credit where it is due, it will make you sound wiser.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm a big fan of Inzamam but we need to get out of this mindset of praising and worshipping celebrity just because they are a known name.

Selectors should be at camps and training sessions to see who is working hard and how well tjey are performing. Selectors jobs shouldn't just be to write down a list of names and forget about it. Nothing wise in having that expectation.

This is just a selector doing a selectors job.

If Inzi had gone out of his way to meet and guide Babar in his own time that's worth talking about. Or even God forbid had he gone to spend time with someone like Hammad or Sohaib which wouldnt make headlines then that's something worth talking about.

10. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Cricistani

May 4, 2010
    He is a selector, not a coach. He is doing this out of his own choice, let's not diminish what he is doing. When was the last time anyways when another of our selectors personally worked with a youngster.

11. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Cricistani

Jul 20, 2012
    He's a selector, yet it's not like he attends many domestic games either.

But perhaps some people will find some excuses for that too.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I think this shows how low our expectations are when we make a big deal out of a selector turing up to a selection camp.

13. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    @Mercenary: worshiping someone other than Allah is not my cup of tea, i can't talk about our views on it.

It is wrong to praise someone? Really we are that kind of miser; who have no good thoughts or words for others who are doing their job?

Appreciation of even the smallest thing is an attribute that one must always have in his/her character, so Allah may also appreciate our smallest of thing.

You may think I am off the topic here but when you make blanket statement about everyone of us then you must be reminded that you are no God to pass a judgement on us.

Coming to the topic; He is selector suppose watch & analysis players, his job description don't ask him to roll-up is sleeve & coach those player too. Appreciate the fact & you will inshaallah find peace.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    If I'm a Chief Selector or a selector, I have to ask myself why I have been given a high paying and prestigious job like that. In Inzamam's case it's because he was one of the best batsman of his era.

If he had just been Inzamam from Multan who never played cricket then he wouldn't have that job. So when carrying out his duties as a selector he should be utilising the reason he was picked as a selector.

What next?

Are we going to have pics of Shadab bowling spin and saying Masha Allah look Shadab is bowling spin how kind of him. Or Masha Allah look Fakhar just hit a boundary,he didnt need to do that. Or Masha Allah look Captain Sarfaraz just made a change to the field, he's actually doing his job.

Praise people when they go out of their way to do something but we should expect people to do their job and to do it whilst using the skills for which they got that job in the first place. I bet you would be praising Inzi if you saw him turn up to a domestic match to scout some talent. He should be attending lots of domestic games but I doubt he does and if he does it will be the minimum required.

15. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    If i want to appreciate someone for simply doing his/her job in a country like Pakistan where it will be an exceptional thing to do, then I deserve/reserve that right of mine.

Why Inzi was give that Job is not the point of discussion here; what I am saying is simple if only you try to understand the value of Job description.

His job is to select player to represent Pakistan at all level of cricket, He is not asked/made to select only batsmen because he was a god/great Batman for Pakistan. His JoD doesn't ask him to coach/mentor the selected or upcoming players.

Inzi can very easily take the path other past great/good & say that I am willing to teach but those who want to learn must approach me first. He is going out of his way to help someone who he believes will serve his team for year & you must acknowledge it.

It is not like a shadab is bowling spin, it more like shadab is turning the the ball on a glass!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    This is the problem with Pakistan, people are obsessed by celebrity. Many people think Nawaz Sharif is 'doing' his job too.

17. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    @Mercenary; Funny that a person who keep tracking & interviewing celebs is calling other people obsessed with those same celeb.

Great Joke, will laugh for a while now.

18. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I haven't done an interview in half a decade or so even though I could (and may) start doing interviews again today.

There's been pressure on me from site users and some mods to do interviews again but it's precisely because I dont care about celebrity that I dont. I'm not constantly on the phone on a daily basis and reporting that player A scratched his chin and player B took a selfie with player C and so on.

19. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    @Mercenary : I simply said tracking & interviewing; rest are your state of mind not my words. My point was that you can't label other to be obsess with celeb when u do what you do/did.

20. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    But when I haven't done an interview in half a decade then what does that show about the point you made?

I've never been about celebrity, I follow the Pakistan team not individuals. I don't needlessly praise even those that I support. For example I've always been a fan of Inzi but I don't feel the need to praise him like he's doing something extraordinary when he's just doing his job.

If Inzi had turned up to a camp (with no connection to the PCB or job with the PCB at that time) and started spending time with players then I would be the first to praise him. I'd be saying how great it is to see ex players going out of their way to help youngsters.

In the context of this thread, seeing the chief of selectors hanging around the biggest batting talent in Pakistan and probably our next top batsman is not a surprise. I dont see Inzi hunting out guys who are struggling and not even on the radar to spend time with. He is hanging around with the guy who will get him headlines. He's hanging out with the next Inzi, Miandad, etc and no doubt media will use this pic when Babar hits a rich vein of form praising Inzi's intervention.

You're free to praise him for doing that.

21. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    @Mercenary : Past is part of life can't exclude it for your present.

We all support THE team otherwise I would have no reason to take interest in this site.

Regards to this thread, you are entitle to your views as much as I am entitle to appreciate Inzi for going out of his way to groom future player for Pakistan.

P.S: I hope that you will be this strict on receiving praise for yourself too or it will be hypocritical stand to take.

22. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Context is always an important factor in anything. The most commented thing about the interviews I did was that I didn't pander to the person being interviewed. I didn't treat them like a celebrity or ask the easy questions. So once again the facts don't fit in with the narrative you're trying to create.

23. isaacking

isaacking Cricistani

Jul 16, 2010
    @Mercenary : Context to the narrative is that you "interviewed the Celeb", rest about how you did is useless text in to the context.

No need to be ashamed or feel low about interviewing celeb, but if you want to feel sad for your double speak than surely you should feel sad for calling others obsessed with celeb.

24. Shaz130

Shaz130 Cricistani

Dec 29, 2016
    Hopefully Inzimam shows him how to play his tummy shots.

25. Shaz130

Shaz130 Cricistani

Dec 29, 2016
    I don't think its wrong to like someone or want to know someone more who have played a game we love as a profession. Stars are needed in every walk of life cause there stories have potiential to motivate millions.

I think as a admin you should show more passion about them than dispelling them as just normal people. Which they are you are correct. But there is a difference in what they do and what we do. And thats to have experience of playing for there nation.

Had you done one interview it could have inspired a kid on this forum to become a cricketer. Isn't that more timeless than disregarding cricketers and saying they are shit?

26. Double Agent

Double Agent Member

Jun 27, 2017
    lmao dis threads heatin up