Places to visit in Islamabad/Pindi/Peshawar

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by SOPL, Mar 10, 2020.

1. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Salaam guys,

Insha'Allah I will be visiting PK after a long time since childhood (15 years). Will be there for 15 or so days, with a few free days for exploring.

Will hopefully be going to hotspots like Charsi Tikka etc but would like anything else I should consider off the beaten path. Any non-food attractions too would be appreciated.

2. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    I’m visiting Pakistan atm too and went to Islamabad for a day trip. Best thing was to drive another two hours up to Murree, beautiful scenes there. Avoid Mall Road though it’s just packed with vulture like people looking to exploit tourists lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    In Islamabad , the main attraction is the road to The MOnal and upwards. You can stop your car and take photos on the way.

Rawalpindi saddar is quite popular.

Namak Mandi food in Peshawar is good, visit Nisar Charsi Tikka there. Other than this, you can visit Peshawar Zoo. You can drive around in Hayatabad, probably the only residential area in Peshawar which can compete with the likes of Bahria Towns. You can also visit Peshawar city, which is quite historical. One of the main attractions in Peshawar is that Qila Bala Hisar (Fort), but unfortunately it has been occupied by FC, they have made it at their HQ, which is ridiculous to see. You can talk to them for a short trip inside it, it is historical.

Overall, other than food, I don't think there are international quality attractions in such cities yet. The government really needs to work on it. It should not be just about food.

4. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Despite many short comings, the best thing about Pakistan is the social life. It is really good. Try to interact with as many people there, you will just love it.

5. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Do not forget to pack bucket full of Imodium to take, just saying.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Avoid street food or you will spend all your holidays in bed.. especially if you have a weak stomach.

Peshawar is not that great if you are with family.. i mean with wife etc. But great if youre with your male friends or cousins.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Yes it is true we are more immune to germs than the foreigners. First rule is to drink only bottled mineral water of a reputable company, buy it from a reputable store or from the hotels. Then first try the desi roghan home cooked food, if all goes well couple of nights, start dining out at a reputable restaurant. Check how it goes for a couple of nights. At last if you feel you have the same immune system as ours, check out the street food.
    Keep the qty of food low, you are only to taste it not to fill your body with the food. Stop eating if your stomach feels uneasy at any level.
    If you come from deep freezer countries like canada, try to keep yourself air conditioned at all times.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List