Planning, game awareness and fielding. How many times will it cost us?????

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, May 31, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I've had enough of this frankly. Cricket is a game where good tactics can win you a match. Game awareness is my first point. Say if I'm an outfielder. My aim will be to stay in the game by stopping a four or two but then I also need to remain in a catching position. looking at the game you analyse the batsman's style of play and then adjust accordingly and then inbetween balls you anticipate events. This is only possible if you enjoy fielding. Ijaz Ahmed was good at this. Good game awareness is also the ability to think into the future where you are able to anticipate events and so play accordingly to reach a certain phase, for example if you need to chase ten an over you need to have good game awareness to know what a certain bowler will bowl, which batsman is best suited to the strike and how you are going to run inbetween wickets. Come onto planning, you plan tactics, field placings, you plan events, you plan strategy for batting and bowling but the planning process is separated into two parts, you can plan in training or the dressing room but the need to plan on the ground is more important because events change and you are either in a better position then you planned for in the dressing room or worse, so planning on the spot is also important. Today Wahab bowled just bouncers, where is the full yorker?? These small things add up. Little things add up. Fielding is massive and not just catching. Ground fielding is big these days. An Australian fielder covers more ground in the field and so saves more runs, saving runs not just on the boundary but he stands in a position that makes a batsman think twice about playing the cut for example. Effectively you have taken out a scoring area out of the game and so your bowlers have more margin. Taking your catches is also important. It gives the bowler confidence. 9/10 times a team would go onto score less if you take a catch . Bowlers lose heart when they see miss field after miss field and then drop catches. Pakistan fielders don't dive and they hardly ever win races with the ball to the fence, you watch the best teams and you will see apart from the lazy fast bowler they will win 8 times out of ten because they know how to dive and stop the ball without touching the rope.

Pakistan players should have planned at the crease. The moment we saw extra bounce the pitch was no longer 300 so then you should have got together and planned for 270, the bowlers should have planned for a yorker, bumper strategy. Anticipation again taking the bounce into consideration the fielders should have adjusted knowing the cut, pull and slash will be hot. Little things do add up. I've said it before everyone makes mistakes but if you keep on making a mistake you are in fault and deserve to be called out.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Fielding has regressed, bowling has regressed, batting was doing well but that also had a shocker.

Don’t know what the coaches are doing with the team if they continue to make the same mistakes.

3. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Batting was never good... Fielding has been getting worse and worse. Our only saving grace used to be our bowling and now that's gone down the crapper too.

4. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I understand what you guys are saying but analysing the previous series results these three things have let us down. Not bowling or batting. When was the last time a Pakistani fielder took a great catch or got a run out?? There was a stat that Pakistan get lots of run out but against good teams where are these run out?? Forget about good catches learn how to take dollies first. These guys are like children. They are so rough, they fail and fail and fail some more. They are decent players with bat and ball as they have shown during various stages of their career. They're not planning at all. Which idiot keeps bowling bouncer without the follow up yorker??? It's something kids would do, you are representing a nation of 210 million people. Get your act together.

5. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Very good opening post. I agree completely. Cricket is more about planning and then executing those plans.

6. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    While our local 'expert' team comprising of Mohsin Khan, Rashid and Shoaib repeated the same old rhetoric of no planning etc, etc, Lance made a superb point at his PTV review show.

He said that coaching team always makes the plans to which the players agree. But Pakistani players do not execute the plans.

What could be the reason behind that? Panic, timidness, stage fright, skill? That is why basic education is important in all forms of life.

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    All of it.

8. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Good point - and the amazing thing is. They’ve had so many opportunities to get things right.

The 5 match series vs Aus

The 5 match series vs England

After all that, they just scrapped everything and completely changed the team.

They should have played a 80% full strength team against Aussies and tried the odd player, but no - complete change l

Then they played what they thought their wc squad was against England and then completely changed that. What justification was there to drop Asif Ali? Yes wahab and Amir give some dimension to the attack, but you should have figured that out before.

Something seriously wrong

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    There is a formula 1 race going on and we have sent a donkey cart to compete. And now we want to win the race.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    They're at it again. Fielding is in your hands

11. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    At it again.......

Shaheen could have bowled full instead of short, would have kept the pressure on, infact all bowlers should have bowled fuller. Catch should have been taken, fielders could have been positioned better and could have put more pressure.

Aussies could have been 75-2.

LITTLE THINGS ADD UP!

12. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Pak fielding has been drastic in this WC. Can't win the WC with this level of fielding.

13. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    In the game against Australia, Finch was changing the field a couple of balls earlier. Babar didn’t even look around to see the field placement. I wasn’t even surprised he got dismissed like that, It was the same with Fakhar.

I was there and I genuinely believe sometimes these guys think their so good or they are doing so well that nothings going to stop them and they don’t need to keep themselves constantly aware of everything around them. It’s amateur stuff! You’re practically taught that as a child if you’re a batsman that before you put that bat down at the crease and get into your stance make sure to check where all the fielders are!

14. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It's lack of game awareness. I was shocked after what Mir Hamza did in the PSL a few years ago and this guy has played cricket for Pakistan. Lots of people say Pakistan people are chalak but where is that on field? maybe Hassan and few bowlers like Wahab, Amir have that but most of the guys lack game awareness. Babar was playing unnecessary fast. The media is scum honestly. One batsman we have found and they want to destroy him. Once Babar gets that breakthrough innings he will score quicker but until then be patient. He's a shareef lad. Maybe too much criticism can hurt him. He literally locks himself up in the room refusing to speak to anyone after he gets out and few days he won't speak to anyone.