Players that need to be dropped from Test team

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Jan 5, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    1- Fakhar Zaman

Useless overseas. CT was a fluke. Mainle because bowlers didn’t know where to bowl to him. He’s exposed now and should be shown the door asap

2- Asad Shafiq

Drop him simple. No explanation needed.

3- Sarfraz

Should be strapped of the captaincy and dropped from Test squad. Have no mentality for Test. And for those who think anyone can captain in Test and captaincy don’t matter. Sarfraz is the best example of how much it is otherwise

4- Haris Sohail

Was never fit. Never passed fitness test. Coward ran away from this tour to save face. Don’t select him ever. Overhyped Overrated

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Start with Sarfraz

I am not sure how he warrants a team in the place.

3. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    omg omg sack them all, and bury them in a dungeon and and and start a dharna and never ever select anyone give up cricket and start concentrating on kabaddi and oh no and :(

4. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    imam, keeps getting out same way, which is a massive red flag for a test opener.

if pak have no openers so be it, make azhar open with shan.

hain ji? either he was unfit and sent back, or fit and wussed out, pretending to be injured. you cant have it both ways.

5. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Or start picking people with good domestic stats instead?

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Persist with same bunch of idiots next game. Just get Faheem instead of Yasir.
    They all have batted ok for 1 innings at least. Just need a team effort now.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I’d keep the same team.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Sarfaraz should be dropped for sure along with his yaar Asad Feeqa.

Fakhar also I would like to drop but if we can give 8 years to Feeqa then why not 2 years to Fakhar. I am sure he will come good. Changing his position was a bad decision by Mickey Mouse and Sarfaraz. It gives wrong signals to the player and can hurt his confidence.

Imam should not play Tests.

9. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    you have to keep in mind that this is their job like office job. They only care about themselves and want to be on the safe side. Unfortunately this is their mentality

10. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    he shouldn't be opening, Azhar being demoted after MisYo was a retarded decision. You best players should open

I wouldnt mind Imam at 3 and Azhar/Fakhar opening since they have good chemistry btw them

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    When is pak’s Next test series after this? I think after the WC so they have plenty of time to make big changes in test cricket.

Nothing will change unless the captain is changed first so sarfraz hopefully retires after this tour or is dropped/stripped off captaincy.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    In October 2019 - 2 Tests against SL at home

In Nov 2019 - 2 Tests against Australia away.

In Jan 2020 - 2 Tests against Bangla Boys at home.

In July 2020 - 3 Tests away against Goras.

13. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    9 tests across 4 series is pretty sht, aus series shd be 3 tests, given how rubbish australias bowling has become since they've been puzzled about why the old ball ain't swinging anymore think itll be a competitive series.

14. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    The question should be, who do we keep? My team for the next test series, considering it's in UAE, would be:

Shan Masood
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Azhar Ali
    Haris Sohail
    Babar Azam
    Saad Ali/Saud Shakeel
    Muhammad Rizwan
    Yasir Shah
    Zafar Gohar/Irfan Jr/some other spinner
    Hassan Ali
    Muhammad Abbas

15. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    I know this is a troll thread, but I’ll bite.

First to be dropped for good should be Azhar.

16. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It’s a good thing, Pakistan players have a weak mindset, they see a two match series the chance of them playing the perfect game in one Test increases, three match series are to long for them.

17. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Problem with Pakistan is all the good FC batsman bat at four, all of them do so none of them are able to play at six.

18. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Imam, Zaman, Azhar, Asad, and Sarfraz. These guys have to go and be replaced with the top performers from domestic cricket. We won't lose any worse with the new guys.

19. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Keep mostly the same team for now. Yasir could sit out for a pacer. Sarfraz should be dropped theoretically but being captain, may as well let him finish the test series.

20. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Why? he atleast performed on UAE
    The first to be dropped forever should be harris, as he did not had the courage to play in SA.
    Sarf should be dropped at most point from test team after the WC.
    Asad and Azhar are under performing, untill we get good replacement, we should persist with them.Atleast one of them in Azhar should remain part of the team.

21. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Performed in the UAE? What in one innings? He’s a joke.

I don’t know if haris’ injury is not genuine so I’m not gonna base his selection on conjecture.

Why do you want one of Azhar and Asad in the team? For experience? That so called “experience” has done Jack for us.

Newbies cannot do much worse than these two and at least they’ll learn something in the process.

22. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    how do you see this thread troll related ?

23. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    fakhar is one of the top performers in domestic - theyve tried him a total of 3 tests. you cant drop someone after that small number of chances, particularly when he was dropped after scoring in his first test. contrast with imam who has been give 8 tests (I think) and even then probably won't get dropped, and hasn't performed any better.

24. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Forget everything and just get these two legends into coaching roles and watch Pakistan becoming world beaters. Fantastic and to the point analysis of all the current problems.

25. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Asad, Azhar and Sarfraz.

Imam wont probably have a long career but hangs on by the skin of his teeth.

Fakhars batting was LOL but he should be given more time.

26. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Harris always get injured before difficult tours, if he indeed wasn't faking injury, even then he should be discarded forever as he is the most unfit player to have represented Pak in last decade.

You do need one senior batter to be around the team for some time, Azhar has performed well in Eng and other places too, if we have an outstanding talent then do replace him right away, otherwise its better to get rid of seniors gradually.

27. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    I would agree with you if those senior batters were at the level of younis, yousuf, inzi, Saeed Anwar etc, but these guys are not anywhere near that quality. The “experience” they bring is useless.

It was this “experienced” pair that were at the crease during that schoolboy runout in the UAE.

It’s one of these “senior”, “experienced” players who has such a shoddy catching technique that he can’t get his hands under the ball, goes from the sides! Once you can forgive, twice?

It’s one of these “experienced” players that got in to such a tangle in centurion from a short ball where the inexperienced player at the other end was playing it perfectly.

It’s one of these “experienced” players that went for a waft outside off stump without any feet movement the ball after getting a drs reprieve at centurion!

The list can go on and on....

Who needs this kind of “experience”?

You make a fair point about Haris though, makes sense

28. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    Yes, we are frustrated and yes we are disappointed, but frankly speaking, we never had a chance.

This is probably the best team we have with a few minor and debatable replacements.

Sabotaging and make whole sale changes, and chopping and cropping will perhaps hurt more than giving any major benefits.

I say keep working with a pool of 25 odd players inclusive of this entire team, and do the best you can.

We will need to face the ground realities and bitter facts - we simply don’t have those eyes of Imran Khan who could identify the diamond in the dust - while our team of selectors and our domestic level cricket is not good enough to produce top class players on consistent basis.

It is what it is.
    Sending this team to SA for a test series was like throwing the chickens in the middle of an ocean and expecting them to dodge the sharks and swim back safely to the shore.

29. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Stopped reading at Ahmed Shehzad lol, guy is finished

30. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Great analysis agreed.

What gets to me more is what is Mickey doing? He should know SA wickets and the appropriate strategy in those conditions like the back of his hand

31. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    He demoted Fakhar down the order after 3 innings, kept playing Yasir in two matches, is playing the best batter at no 6, and all this in SA.Sorry to say but the guy has been a major dissapointment.