1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

PM Imran Khan approves new domestic cricket structure

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 3, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Prime Minister approved the recommendations of the task force for the new structure of domestic cricket in the country as the Chief Patron of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

The Task Force on cricket had forwarded its recommendation to the prime minister for reforms in domestic cricket structure.

According to the new domestic structure only six teams will be eligible to play the First Class Cricket in the country, two from Punjab and one each from Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces and the federal territory.

The new cricket structure will focus on steps to strengthen and encourage cricket at grassroots level.

Under the new structure curtains fall on departmental cricket that has played a pivotal role for promotion of the sport in the country for last 45 years.

Prime Minister Imran Khan while granting his approval to the new cricket structure has advised the departments to extend cooperation to Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) regarding the new cricket system in the country.

The departments should sponsor the teams instead of their own teams in the old structure of the sport, the PM reportedly advised them.

https://arynews.tv/en/pm-imran-khan-approves-new-domestic-cricket-structure/

2. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Hopefully this will work.

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I'm a big supporter of this.

I've done some hwk on domestic cricket and I'll just put some averages foward.

Between 40 and 50 we have 17 FC batsman who average in between this range however only Misbah Ul Haq, Saad Ali and Usman Salahuddin average above 45 and Fawad Alam the lone ranger is on 56!

Between 30-40 We have 60 batsman in this range however 15 guys are over the age of 35 and so effectively have no future for Pakistan although they are solid FC batsman. About 35 out of the total 60 are over the age of 30. Also I've noticed mostly guys rather average around 33 instead of high 30s. It might look good when I say 45 guys average between 30-40 but reality is they are much rather to average 31 then 39 and also as I mentioned we have very few guys younger than age of 30 that average in the 30s so that's a massive problem.

Overall 77 guys average between 30-50. Fawad Alam is an anomaly. 17 of them are over 35 and the guys over or are aged 35 have good averages, they will most likely average 35-37 however they don't have a future for Pakistan.

Coming back to this domestic structure. There needs to be a mix of good players who are experienced and youngsters. I belive the senior players uphold the standard of cricket and can give youngsters advice but I don't want it to become a TTF home. Young players on the other hand gave talent and time but some have atrocious averages but I belive if they have talent they should play. I'm talking about Saif Badar, Ali Imran, Jahid Ali, Zeeshan Malik, Umair Masood, Saim Ayub, Taha, Nihal Mansoor and other promising players.

This domestic structure is just perfect. Have 15 guys that average between 40-50, include 45 guys that have average in 30s with mainly players who are below age of 35. Finally there should be 20 batsman from last 3 batches of under 19.

Remaining spots left are 40 and they should be filled with a variety of spinners, fast bowlers and All rounders.

Pakistan desperately needs a strong domestic structure. I would not care about our cricket that much but now India seriously has a good team. They are number one Test team, have a chance of winning this world cup and most probably will win next world cup. It will hurt if India has won 4 and Pakistan has won only one. It's not nice where in every world cup we are cheering for other teams to defeat India. Sometimes it might happen but India is getting stronger by the day and other teams might not be able to stop them. Instead Pakistan need to improve its cricket and try and catch up. Jobs come and go. Money comes and goes. I don't care if a random guy will lose his job if this new system is implemented. If he's mediocre that's not my problem. I want Pakistan to win trophies. Pakistan cricket is not a charity.

4. Sajj007

Sajj007 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 19, 2019
    Agree with the structure, just like I ke the Australia domestic structure, to think a country of 23 million and not over a billion population produces so many good players is unblievable

5. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    This will be the end of Test Cricket in Pakistan

When there are only 6 teams, its going to be the same Khurram Manzoors, Sohail Khans, Kamran Akmals and Zulfiqar Babars playing in all those teams. People with no future in international cricket.

No room for new upcoming stars. Just the same old TTFs who perform in First Class cricket every year.

Unless there is a rule that 8 or 9 of the members in the XI are under 30.

6. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    totally disagree.

with only six teams theres nowhere to hide under performers. it increases scrutiny on every selection, because theres fewer of them and we can see them, rather than losing focus on the best players among loads of them. whichever team selects the best talent will be easily visible.

now, if teams 1-5 choose ttf's, and team 6 picks newer better players, teams 1-5 will have to follow suit or lose.

if your complaint is that we should be developing players who dont succeed in fc, over players that do - erm not sure what anyone can say in order to engage that level of argument.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Also with a fewer team system it eases out everything. I can get my 12 best umpires umpiring instead if 32 umpires. You can chose the same amount of venues, because you have fewer games on it gives groundsmen time to prepare so that solves the problem of under prepared pitches.

8. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    that would make sense if internationally failed cricketer would also fail at domestic level

guys like khurram manzoor, kamran akmal and shahzaib hasan average 45+ every season

what i am asking for is players who succeed at fc level who have not been tried at international level - unfortunately with 6 teams you wont find that at all because guys like manzoor, kamran zulfiqar, irfan, rahat etc all will continue playing for their teams