Predict the next Pakistani Politician/Leader in Jail

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, Dec 19, 2018.

1. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    My point was that there are people out there who believe a controlled economy is the solution. The rest of the points are not relevant to our discussion. I thought you were intelligent enough to realize that.

2. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    That was your point? By posting something that disproves virtually every rank speculation you were claiming as fact? An article whose 90% of suggestions are identical to what this government is already doing, but it’s ‘out of the box’ and ‘controlled’ only because it’s written by a PML-N sympathiser, but if the same things are done by this government it’s ‘chaotic’ and ‘doomed’?

Goodness me. I think you are right, there’s no way I can compete with this level of intelligence. How do you sleep at night?

#epicfail

3. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012

If you really believe the government is doing what the article suggests then I think you need to take another look at our economic policies.

Ps. Hammad Azhar, one of the competent people in PTI government was just removed from revenue ministry he had just gotten thanks to invisible powers. Any comments?

4. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    apart from currency stabilisation, what are they not doing in that article? bearing in mind he is talking of post IMF (yes - as opposed to your great stabilisation plan, your hero here is advocating IMF deals) restructuring of debt, which the present government has not yet been able to do since the deal has only just been signed. very obviously.

oh you're right, I take it all back. there's been a change of personnel at the finance level. obviously this must because of the army and the whole economic policy consequently is proven to be a house of cards. because of a change of personnel. the key world wide indicator of economic success and failure. if only dar could come back and save us. hopefully the IHC and LHC who - mysteriously - are bereft of army influence will discard all cases against him, and he can continue the economic stabilisation policy that he so successfully adopted before, and all the PMLN friends can re start their kick back livelihoods whilst building property portfolios abroad, seeking medical treatment abroad, and educating their children abroad.

im presuming this is the kind of comment you were looking for?

5. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    When did I propose Dar as a savior? He was definitely not fit for the job but who has been fit since God knows when? Even Hafeez Sheikh has been a tried and tested failure. The only fault Dar had was that he challenged the defense budget.

There's a very good saying in Urdu but to understand my point of view, it is necessary:
    Hubb e Ali sy Ziada Bughze Muawiyah. Even though I don't agree with this statement but right now, I'm going to stand with anyone who is anti establishement. The real reason Pakistan isn't developing is establishment and their meddling with Pakistani judiciary, politics and finances. Bas. That's all.

6. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  7. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  8. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Noon Accountability Beaurue.

These are old games. Just wait and watch for Karma.

9. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    karma? That's exactly what we are already watching with these thieves, murderers and drug dealers all going to jail.

sorry it hurts some people to see this.

10. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    noon accountability bureau in full affect, b because they are thieving bastards:

please explain this, if its political victimisation:

from 25mins - 32 mins in particular. these cases began under the previous government, so how exactly is it political victimisation?

and of course from another thread on the LNG issue:

11. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    That's a dangerous line to follow as you dont remain unbiased.
    What i feel is we need to see things always from unbiased spectacles.

12. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012

I'm being completely unbiased. Army has nothing to do with our internal affairs. We've seen how they 'reinvest' in Pakistan in the 35/70 years of their rule.

13. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
  14. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    It's shameful but I have given up on civilian supremacy in Pakistan. PTI government is trying to govern using a pragmatic approach. Pakistan's military and its political control is an open reality. IK doesn't want to end up in jail like Nawaz Shareef. Now some of you might say that IK is clean and noncorrupt and he will never be in a compromising situation but the reality is that his file may have already been in place.

15. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I believe there should be public supremacy. I don't want a supreme bilawal to govern me who visits us only in summers. Give me an alternative as uncompromised as Imran and I will vote for him.

16. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I do not disagree with you on the Army. Their blunders have cost us hugely. They are extremely over ambitious. But they have only filled a void the civilian rulers left for them. They left them the whole country.

I think you are underestimating the power of civilian popular leaders aswell. Remember they had to hang Bhutto who was the last most popular leader. They still couldn't counter bhuttoism. He was so popular that even his daughter and son in law enjoyed power due to his legacy. Like it or not, Nawaz Sharif is nowhere near that. Like it or not, Imran is close to that.

17. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    sugar mills case is heating up too:

https://arynews.tv/en/chaudhry-sugar-mills-used-for-money-laundering-claims-pm-aide/

ISLAMABAD: Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Accountability Shahzad Akbar says another telegraphic transfer (TT) has been traced during a probe into money laundering charges against the Sharif family.

Addressing a press conference, he said he has acquired an important document from Nasir Lotha, who was shown to have shares in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills.

Upon being contacted, Lotha said neither does he own shares in the mill nor in any other company in the country, he added.

A $15 million loan was taken on the pretext to set up the mill despite the fact that it had already been established before the loan was acquired, the special assistant claimed.

He added the loan was never transferred to Pakistan as shown by record of the State Bank of Pakistan.

Shahzad Akbar said they had evidence to substantiate charges of money laundering against members of the Sharif family.

He said the Chaudhry Sugar Mills remained a hub of money laundering.

He said more than Rs7 million worth of shares were transferred to PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz in 2008, which were later transferred to Yousaf Abbas Sharif in 2010.

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  20. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    looks like its a race to the bottom:

KARACHI: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday unearth assets worth more than Rs.500billion belonging to the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) senior leader Khursheed Shah, ARY News reported.

As per details, the accountability watchdog has acquired important documents, which shows assets of more than 500billion rupees of the PPP leader registered under his alleged frontmen.

“Shah has opened as many as 105 banks accounts under his and family members name in Karachi, Sukkur and other cities”, the NAB sources said.

The properties were made in Sukkur, Rohri and Karachi, according to the document and it further reveals that Glamour Bungalow, Junejo Flour Mills, Mukesh Flour Mills including 83 other properties were made under Shah’s frontman, Pehlaj Rai.

More 11 properties were registered under his another frontman Lado Mall and 10 properties were made under name of Hussain Soomro, another frontman of the PPP leader, the document said.

According to the documents available with the NAB, a person namely Umar Jan, also played a vital role for Khursheed Shah. The house and a bombproof car, being used by the PPP leader, are also registered under his name.

It may be noted that last week, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had given approval for inquiry against Pakistan Peoples Party’s Khursheed Shah.

https://arynews.tv/en/nab-khursheed-shahs-assets-rs500bn/

21. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Maryam Nawaz arrested after she put up a show in Punjab.

Scared.. Lol

22. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Also an easy distraction technique for diverting attention from Kashmir issue

23. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    [​IMG]

She was asked o appear before 3:00pm but she was arrested at 1:00pm..Guess the corrupt and womanizer NAB chief forgets he is supposed to follow the law instead of "calls".

24. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LAHORE: Maryam Nawaz, daughter of former premier Nawaz Sharif, has been arrested by National Accountability Bureau with regards to her involvement in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case, ARY News reported on Thursday.

As per details, the bureau had summoned the vice president of Pakistan Muslim League on Thursday (today) to probe into the corruption case. However, Maryam excused from appearing before the bureau.

A team of NAB officials took Maryam into custody when she arrived at Kot Lakpath jail today to meet his incarcerated father. The PML-N leader has been shifted to the bureau’s headquarter.

Sources informed ARY News that NAB officials had attained the arrest warrants for Maryam Nawaz following her no-show before the investigation team.

Yousaf Abbas, a cousin of Maryam Nawaz Sharif, has also been detained by NAB in the very case.

Reliable sources said a questionnaire was also sent to the PML-N leader seeking details in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case regarding how and where the shares were divided since the inception of the mill in 1985.

In the last appearance before the accountability body, Maryam had failed to satisfy the National Accountability Bureau and tried to lead the inquiry officials astray with unneeded information and no clarity in the answers she provided, sources revealed.

Chaudhry Sugar Mills case:
    In a press conference, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Accountability Shahzad Akbar said the Sharif Family had used Chaudhry Sugar Mills for money-laundering and illegal transfer of its shares.

During the probe, it was revealed that a $15 million loan was taken on the pretext to set up the mill despite the fact that it had already been established before the loan was acquired, the special assistant claimed.

He added that the loan was never transferred to Pakistan as shown by the record of the State Bank of Pakistan.

“Chaudhry Sugar Mills remained a hub of money laundering,” Akbar said.

He said more than Rs7 million worth of shares were transferred to PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz in 2008 through mill’s shares, which were later transferred to Yousaf Abbas Sharif in 2010.

https://arynews.tv/en/nab-arrests-maryam-nawaz/

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, establishment is so scared, lol. Conspiracy theories one after another.

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  27. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
  28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  29. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
  30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Oops, busted !!!

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And FYI, she was asked to appear at NAB office, but she decides to go visit daddy instead. NAB were waiting outside the jail. Whats wrong with it?

33. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]
    The PML-N VP was visiting her father at Kot Lakhpat Jail. — APP/File
    PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz was detained on Thursday while she was visiting her father Nawaz Sharif at the Kot Lakhpat Jail, DawnNewsTV reported.

Maryam had been given a questionnaire based on six questions in the Chaudhry Suqar Mills case, which she was due to answer by 3pm today. However, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) officials reached Kot Lakhpat jail and detained the PML-N vice president there.

This is a developing story that is being updated as the situation evolves. Initial reports in the media can sometimes be inaccurate. We will strive to ensure timeliness and accuracy by relying on credible sources such as concerned, qualified authorities and our staff reporters.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1498786/m...nab-in-chaudhry-sugar-mills-reference-reports

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016

Now cry a river !!!

35. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Why are you speaking to me? I'm a Maryam paid agent.

Anyway, I would love to see some Ihtisab of PTI leaders like the PMLn.

36. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Not talking to you, just tearing apart your propaganda.

And yes, your posting habits and style is very similar to her paid cell, so you cant blame me. Whatever the notion they have and we see on TV, you repeat same words here. So what else am I supposed to say or believe?

In a nutshell, you're free to criticize PTI / IK without towing the PMLN narrative. However, if one supports PMLN, Nawaz, Maryam, Zardai and Billo rani, then you are corrupt by nature.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  37. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    And your posts are similar to Fawad Panda and his fans. Should I also blame you for receiving Panda money?

38. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    brilliant summary for anyone unbiased based on the facts of the case. her theft, lying and corruption doesnt have anything to do with visiting her criminal father, or Kashmir. interesting to see not one comment from the supporters of her talk about the actual reason she has been arrested. that pretty much sums up their whole position.

39. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Calling the spade a spade, asking to throw crooks like Nawaz, Zardari and Co behind the bars, start and speeding up accountability process and above all no anti-establishment narrative I support. Sure, if this is what 'Fawad Panda' does, then by all means.

Speaking of money, let me check if I have received it yet or not. Last time it was delayed and in retaliation I had to say 'Maryam Zindabad'.

40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    In all seriousness these corruption cases have nothing to do with Kashmir. Maryam should've been arrested long time ago but today she didn't appear in NAB thus arrested.