Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Lets record how he does during his term.

Starts off well insisting to serve only chai, biscuit aur paani to guests for his oath taking ceremony

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Close enough lol

Imran-Khan-will-take-oath-of-prime-minister-1-708x405.jpg Dk282I7W4AAv2cX.jpg

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Even better by appointing azam khan as principal secretary to PM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Give him time, lots of people want him to solve all problems before tonight, I hope he takes time to build the foundations because with a strong foundation he builds a solid platform to build upon.

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    9 out of 15 Ministers were part of Musharraf Cabinet. What is Naya about this?

7. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Naya Pakistan doesn't mean everything is going to be nayi about it. Its still a pretty decent cabinet tbf

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Not sure whats special about this Usman Buzdar guy... the guy can't even speak that well in front of media

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Who should be part of the Cabinet, since I reckon you know the most and all.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    According to many Pervaiz Elahi could've been better choice, but then his issue is upcoming NAB reference and cases like many others.

11. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    What a moment

Attached Files:

12. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
  13. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
    Another burnol moment, these things will hurt patwaris everyday

14. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    The dude in sunglasses & suit look fishy

@Munna @Del

15. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    rofl reminds me of this

18950.jpg

16. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
    Might be Jahangir Khan Tareen man :)

17. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    IK's inaugural speech...no comments??

18. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
    This Is the reason why i support Imran Khan, every Pakistani who are sincere with Country will appreciate him for others i will not say anything bura maan jaay gay

19. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Leader is naya. Mindset is naya.

20. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    He has been doing this for few years now. He has been given first time to perform, let's wait for his performance.

21. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He has been given a chance, I’m sure he will build up the foundations for which can then be built upon.

22. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  23. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    superb speech.

ad libbing from the heart rather than robotic reading like the retards before him. he did an excellent job of explaining just what these people before have doing, which a few here were so keen to defend. an excellent job of describing the problems and talking to each individual listening. very different, and very impressive.

his critics should hang their heads in shame, they are an absolute disgrace.

24. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
  25. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Fawad Chaudhry's press conference today:

• The Prime Minister does not intend to make any foreign tours over the next three months unless there is a pressing matter in need to be addressed.
    • Only Foreign Minister SMQ will go on foreign tours
    • Foreign tours of the ministers on expense of the national exchequer have been restricted.
    • Employees of PM house will not lose their employments
    • It has been decided that the process of accountability will begin with the Prime Minister and his cabinet.
    • The assets which have already been declared by the Prime Minister and the cabinet will be made public and we will face legal and public accountability ourselves.
    • It has been decided that no minister will be allowed to avail health facilities overseas on national exchequer.
    • In accordance with the austerity drive, the additional cars in use of the Prime Minister House will be auctioned. The Principal Secretary will announce the date, conditions & other details for the auction.
    • Arrangements will be made to ensure Hassan, Hussain and Ishaq Dar are brought back to the country
    • Nawaz and Maryam's names will be put under ECL
    • Avenfield is the property of Pakistan, will contact British govt for our property
    • PTV will get the same rights as given to any private channel
    • We will not have individual foreign policies like Nawaz-Modi, we will have India-Pakistan foreign policy. Foreign policies will be state-based and not individual-based.

26. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  27. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Railway Minister Sheikh Rashid's press conference:

Will make the railway department better
    Will not tolerate corruption in railways
    Will improve online ticketing
    32 railway stations will be upgraded
    CPEC based projects will be given priority
    Will improve the quality of railway hospitals
    Will double the railway track from Rawalpindi to Lahore
    Will plant trees around the railway track from Karachi to Khyber

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    He also mentioned that he'll bring to fore all details of the loans previous Pakistani governments have taken and where that money went (in pocket of whom?). I can't image what his critics will do then? Maybe will take a leave from CS for a while as usual.

29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    The best part I liked about his speech is when he announced that he'll keep interior ministry with himself and elaborated he reason. Because corrupt lot would be buying tickets to run abroad as we speak because soon all of their names will on ECL. This means, more fun is on its way.

31. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  33. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    He may look shady, but state wouldn't compromise on IK's security I reckon.

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Wondering whats would be going on in Nawaz's mind, if he had seen this, lol.

35. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
    Same what is going on in patwaris mind

36. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Law minister bans foreign visits of ministry officers

ISLAMABAD: Minister for Law and Justice Barrister Farogh Naseem on Monday imposed a ban on officers of the ministry from all foreign tours.

The newly-appointed federal minister assumed charge and was warmly welcomed by senior officers of the ministry. He stated that the slow pace of work at the ministry would not be tolerated.

Law Secretary Justice (retd) Abdul Shakoor Paracha briefed the minister on the affairs of the ministry and the challenges on the national and international legal front.

The federal minister said that the ministry would observe austerity in line with the instructions on Prime Minister Imran Khan, and ultimately barred all officers from any foreign visits.

He also reviewed the appointment of law officers at various courts and directed to fill all vacant posts. He said that the first priority is the elimination of corruption, and will not tolerate any hindrances or slow pace of work within the ministry.

https://arynews.tv/en/law-minister-bans-foreign-visits/

37. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  38. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    There is also alot of misuse being done of government properties allocated for educational and medical and religious purposes. Most of it is being used as shadi halls and money is being generated out of it. There was a crackdown recently on that but I hope PTI government take much better action against it. Also, they must separate and reorganize residential and commercial areas. It is a mess here is karachi except for DHA and malir cantt areas. You find educational institutes, shadi halls, petrol pumps and shops within residential area's which creates a lot of mess and also a reason for unreasonable traffic jams. It is almost unbearable to live in the city especially in the older areas of Sadder, garden, clifton, gulshan, nazimabad etc and reasonably newer area of gulistan e johar has been made a mess due to overpopulation of the so called apartments .

39. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    won't that be the regional government's responsibility? if the people vote for the PPP, what they will get is the PPP.

40. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    @Del

A very good speech indeed, he connected to the people, talked with passion and looked genuine.

Now..

I really do not want to burst the bubble of euphoria and optimism, but the very speeches all the people are raving about in praise, just make me wonder how stupid we have become.

I would have been much more happier if he came on TV and confessed many of the things he said he will do after becoming the PM will take lot longer than expected as he later realised they were way too difficult to implement when looking at all the practicalities, logistics and ground realities especially in the given timeframe. His speech was basically what any common Pakistani's dil ki mairaaj, but will all those promises will fulfil? only Allah knows and we will find out in due time.

In other news, on his very first day he used the government helicopter for a ten minute journey from Bani Gala to PM House, ordered his bed to be replaced on same day, and spent lakhs on an 'eshaiya' (dinner) he gave to 250 PTI members and new elected PTI MNAs in PM house. He was also reportedly upset when he asked for a full record of PM house expenses incurred by PML (N) and in return was told Khaqan Abbasi never lived in PM house (he lived in his Islamabad house) and NS actually paid cheques to government exchequer for the expenses incurred by him and his family whilst living at PM house (and for God sake do not think I am NS supporter, he was corrupt and he did spent govt money lavishly on himself, i am merely stating a fact).

So let see how the new PM who talks big on Qanoon n Insaaf and then appoints ppl like Babar Awaan and Musharraf's lawyer Farogh Naseem as his cabinet Law men, will implement the qanoon n insaaf he talks about. Lets see how the new PM who talks big on equality and rule of law goes on and appoints a multi murder convict who got away after paying blood money to victims families as chief minister of punjab, will upheld rule of law and punish murderers, we will see, we will see.

May be he is right, may be he means what he says, and may be he will walk the talk but my very little ordinary intelligence that helped me get three Royal College Fellowships is not convinced (or made fool of if I am being honest)

Wallah Alam Bis Sawaab.