Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Construction of 500,000 houses in 'Punjab to kick off this year'

Punjab Minister for Housing, Physical Planning and Urban Development Mian Mehmudur Rasheed said on Friday that construction of 500,000 houses will commence during current year under Naya Pakistan Housing Programme.

He said the government was making efforts for the construction of 5 million houses as per the announcement made by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

Speaking to reporters, the provincial minister said that Chiniot district had been included in second phase of Naya Pakistan Housing Program and 54 acre land had been acquired at a prime location near the city for the construction of 2,500 houses.

He said the first phase was being started in Punjab from Renala Khurd, Okara, Chishtian District Bahawalnagar and Lodhran, where 6,000 houses will be constructed under the scheme. Prime Minister Imran will perform groundbreaking of these projects this month, he said.

The minister said the development authorities of Punjab’s major cities had been assigned the target of constructing 100,000 houses and work will commence from next June. He revealed that the scope of Naya Pakistan Housing Programme would also be extended to the rural areas and 50 houses would be constructed adjacent to every village in case of availability of state land and these houses would be provided to homeless families at affordable prices of Rs500,000 each house.

Read more at: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1901944/1/

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    ^^^ now armchair experts will be vanished and wouldn't say a word on this.

3. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    So 6000 houses in phase one and 2500 in phase 2? How many phases will it take to reach the 5 million (50 lakh) mark then?

Anyone with a few working gray cells can see this is announced only to make the awaam happy and no effort will go towards completion of this project. Who has the time to follow up on this?

Is there any estimate given of by when this will actually get done?

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Let at least get these materialized and then worry about the remaining, shall we?

Name me one PM who is past had taken any such initiative?

And you are once again jumping guns on the total number, with conveniently ignoring the affordability -
    Rs500,000 each house.

With the approach of criticism for the sake of criticism will take you nowhere.

5. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Exactly. Has anyone asked him how this is going to be funded? 5 million houses @ 5 lakhs per house is a huge sum. If he has that kind of money then why does he have to beg overseas Pakistanis to donate to the dam fund? Why is he not getting started on building the dams first instead of parking all that money on a housing project? Anyone with half working brain can see what is higher priority.

6. maddgenius

maddgenius Whispering Death

Oct 6, 2014
  7. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    here's somethig which I will question the PTI government on, how the hell does Nawaz Sharif manage to get a VIP room in the hospital for his multiple 'health' checks?

do other prisoners who complain about health get sent to a hospital for test? why is there special treatment for him? why is he being allowed food from home?

its an utter disgrace.

8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    A hoax , so far , unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

9. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    What I heard is that money will come from the private sector (mortgage lending by commercial banks) and the scheme will be for those only with an income of Pakistani rupees 100, 000 or less.

Whats the role of Gov? It will provide the land, which cost's the most btw.

On one hand you will not only get cheap houses build, but it should also help the economy, because thirty five to forty ancillary industries like steel, cement, labour, fabric (for curtains) will take off.

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    PM Imran announces Sehat Sahulat Programme

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday launched a health insurance programme for the poor and the underprivileged strata of the society.

In an attempt to alleviate poverty in low socioeconomic groups, citizens shall be issued health cards, the premier addressed. “This will bring massive improvement in the state of healthcare for people in tribal areas and Punjab,” PM Imran said while addressing the launching ceremony in Islamabad.

During the address, the prime minister said that “no nation prospers without investing in its people”. The PTI government is inviting investors to the country, thereby enabling Pakistan to achieve maximum potential and becoming a welfare state.

PM Imran maintained that the government shall appoint a counsel for a common man to dispense speedy justice.

Speaking to the participants, Minister for Health Aamir Mehmoud Kiani said under this scheme, each deserving family will be able to obtain medical care worth Rs720,000 annually, Radio Pakistan reported.

“It will cover all costs except transplants,” he said.

Read more at: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1903518/1-pm-imran-announces-health-card-programme/

12. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
  13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Number of taxpayers increasing in FY19: FBR
    • As many as 1.63m tax returns filed in the first seven months of FY19 as compared to 1.17m tax returns in the same period last year
    ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has informed that the number of taxpayers in the country has increased significantly from the last fiscal year.

In a press release issued on Tuesday, FBR authorities informed that as many as 1.179 million tax returns were submitted to the tax collecting body in the first seven months of the fiscal year 2017-2018, while the body collected 1.630 million tax returns in the first seven months of the current fiscal year 2018-2019.

“However, the number of taxpayers as compared to the population of the country is very low,” the board maintained, adding that the department has been taking concrete measures to increase the number of taxpayers in the country.

The authorities stated that the number of taxpayers would increase further by the end of the current fiscal year.

https://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/02/05/number-of-taxpayers-increasing-in-fy19-fbr/

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  15. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    APS , Model Town , Rao Anwar , Maulana Sami ul Haq, Tahir Dawar, Ali Raza Abidi, Sahiwal Massacre etc , all cases are unresolved till date. Nawaz getting VIP treatment in jail. Malik Riaz , despite on ECL, was allowed to go abroad. Zardari is roaming free. And shockingly Shahbaz Sharif was made PAC chairman. The PM hasnt taken PTM into confidence till date, despite giving them assurances before election. Nothing regarding the US War on Terror status, as the PM would say we have to come out of this war as its not our war, despite the statements he hasnt till date announced to come out of this war on terror. PM always condemned military operations, despite that the military is still there in Waziristan, we still dont know the statuses of these never ending military operations. Nothing practical regarding solving grievances of Baluchistan people.

If you wanna gauge his performance, check the statuses of the above mentioned things. When you have peace and justice, economy will naturally improve. So far he has been a colossal failure. He seems no different than his predecessors. He seems to be a drawing room PM tied in chains. Did he struggle for 22 years just to become a drawing room PM? Did he fool us? I am so frustrated with him. He is not even 50% of what he used to be before election. What a tragedy so far. No sure how can he even sleep peacefully at night? He has backtracked on his revolutionary claims (before election), so far.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

16. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    as a direct result of the credibility that IK has created, the crackdown on corruption and the focus on developing human capital. Astounding achievement within five months.

And the PMLN supporters and PPP supporters were screaming about how "political stability" aka allowing the corrupt to keep all the wealth they have stolen Scott free was necessary for FDI. where are those arguments from those liars now??

odds are this is just the beginning...

https://arynews.tv/en/record-foreign-investment-five-months/

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday was briefed that the country attracted over $1bn in foreign direct investments (FDI) within first five months of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government, ARY News reported.

The report, prepared by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) was presented in a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

According to SBP report, investment ratio during the same corresponding period of the previous government’s tenure was $426 million.

17. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    This is great news.

Now that they are rolling in cash, let us see how much they allocate to the educaton and health sectors come the budget.

Cannot wait.

18. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    who said they are rolling in cash? Its heart warming to see how our brothers from the other side of the border are so concerned fro our well being though. I often spend time with baited breath wondering how modi will spend the billions and billions he is rolling in on toilets for the poor Indian awam who have to make do in the streets. perhaps once he has finished burning muslims to death, he might have time.

can't wait.

ps about seven posts up you will be delighted to read some of the things they are doing with health. no need to wait any more!

19. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Your wait is over too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...et-building-spree-narendra-modi-a8512026.html

Time to rejoice :)

20. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    So basically you agree that inspite of all these "record investments" in Pakistan, the awaam will stay jaahil and continue to come to dushman mulk India for their medical treatments. Nice.

What is the point then of boasting about these record breaking amounts of cash flowing?

21. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    Sadly not because it seems his awaam are jahil too.

It seems we agree that the Indian people will stay jaahil and continue their hate for their neighbours because that’s the way they are.

India's trouble with toilets: Government sanitation drives fail to sway those who believe going outdoors is more wholesome

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ailed-to-sway-those-who-believe-10466041.html

22. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Sure mate, whatever helps you sleep.

Go search a few more examples of "Hindustan ka Daraa hua Musalmaan" LOL.

23. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    I don’t see any Pakistanis on these forums continually undermining India in the way you consistently demonstrate some kind of deep seated hate for Pakistan and wish for its destruction. The dushmany is pretty much obvious for everyone to see - and it’s your hate for Pakistan and Pakistanis.

All I’ve done is hold up a mirror which seems to make you squirm. Not sure whether that’s the comments or the toilet thing though.

Where is there a boast of record amounts of cash flowing?

The article said record investment. Those arent the same thing as you know. As you also know the country is on the verge of bankruptcy thanks to governments that you support only because they didn’t have time to finish the job.

As someone who pretends to support progress in Pakistan, of course you would know that these investments are a precursor to an improving investment atmosphere and possible alleviation of debt service - not free cash flow. But that doesn’t support your perverted interpretation of the news as anti Pakistani.

For a guy who refuses to criticise his own leadership for his role in genocide, and in fact supports him wholeheartedly, not sure who you suspect here feels your compassion for the people of Pakistan is genuine.

24. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    @godzilla

If I hated Pakistanis then I won't be on this forum. And look at yourself before pointing fingers at others. You of all people calling someone else a hater is ironic to the core.

25. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    ‘Sure mate, whatever helps you sleep’

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    So sorry Mohan but I concur what godzilla has said. Unfortunately what he said seems true, maybe not 10 our of 10 but at least more than half of the time.

Time to time you gibe at PTI and Khan, who actually took the initiative to improve relationships with your country. Look how your people & country treated Sidhu after his visits of Pakistan.

You even had problems with Khan when he was asking support from overseas Pakistanis to build dam. Check your tone in post #565 and you will realize what I am trying to say here. At least he is not asking other countries for help. Pakistan's economic situation is hopeless, deficit is touching the sky. So you tell me, from where money will come?

I believe you also jumped your guns when Khan went to KSA, UAE, China and Malaysia and said, look he is out again for bagging. However, you utterly failed to understand the fundamental concepts. He is not running out to beg but trying to improving relationships with Muslim countries that had soured over the years, specially under PML-N regime. He is doing business deals with Arab countries which is infuriating those who wanted him to go running to the IMF. Similarly he has signed more new contracts as part of CPEC, which is an ongoing project.

You always have supported almost every action of Nawaz and his Gov. Whole country knows their level of corruption, which is getting exposed every day.

Last but not the least, you hate for Pakistan Army and ISI is well documented on this forum.

So again, what godzilla said maybe be 100% true, but there is a lot to agree with if anybody will read your posting patterns.

No offense man. I only said what I have observed.

27. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    @Del

Regarding me supporting or being a fan of Nawaz Sharif - I would appreciate if you don't level utterly false accusations like these on me. Being anti Imran does not mean I am pro Nawaz, just like I believe you being anti Modi does not mean you are pro Gandhis. Please point me to one post of mine where I supported Nawaz's corruption. I have only appreciated his efforts of reconciliation with India.

It's sad that you didn't see (or are pretending not to see) godzilla's blatant hate for Indians when he called me names like a blood drinking genocider. He generalized all Indians with the term "murderers". If that is not hate then what is? I don't care about his childish "toilet" talks, but those were some hate filled posts.

Just like you and him think Modi is a Muslim killer, I think Imran is an Army puppet. I don't agree with your definition of a "freedom fighter". I don't agree that Islam is the religion of peace. But this is what makes a forum beautiful and difference of opinions amongst people is a very common thing. Maybe my choice of words have not been always correct, so if the tone of some post has upset you then I am sorry about it (by the way, there is no point quoting the post number to me, I cannot see that. I think I had shared a screenshot of that with you as well a few weeks ago).

Coming to your Army - yes I hate them, and I believe every Pakistani should hate them as well. They are the single biggest reason your nation has not progressed at all.

Coming to Imran - Yes he might be significantly better than Nawaz. But I believe he is power hungry too and I don't think he is absolutely non corrupt. I have posted videos of him agreeing to forming offshore companies long back, and I am sure you had seen those. I have lost count the number of times he has U-turned.

Last but not the least, I have never seen people like Mohsin, Godzilla and Yourself post anything negative about Imran at all. If I do that then it adds some variety, right? :)

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    OK, these days I literally dont have time to do the digging, but if time permits then I will try to find some of your old posts to share your sentiments about Nawaz. There is a reason why I said what I said - I have seen your support for Nawaz, maybe your intentions weren't wrong, you might be supporting him because he wanted to normalize relationship in between India and Pakistan, but then by that notion Imran should be on top of your list now, based on efforts he has made in past few months as PM.

Modi might have done good work for you folks, but his hate towards Muslims in general is not hidden from anybody. Its ok if you dont want to acknowledge this but it would change the fact.

As for Army and ISI, you really have no idea how much people support them. And I dont believe this notion as well Pakistan hasnt progressed due to them. Pakistan's best years where country made progress were under General Yahya khan (checkout Pakistan's progress in 60's) & Pervez Musharraf. Civilian Gov's were mostly have been indulged in looting the country. Here is the recent corruption came to fore. Does Army or ISI forced them to do it?

As for Imran's video, yes, I remember you shared his video about his off-shore companies, and this topic was discussed thoroughly in media. He was question about it and he provided all the details. Yet there is not even a single corruption charge on him. However, you're entitle of your option. Feel free to believe what you want to.

As for me godzilla, Mohsin and even Passionate Pakistani not posting anything negative about Imran is concern, I cant comment about them, but I dont support every action of Khan. I was puzzled when he appointed Usman Buzdar CM of Punjab. I also disliked his decision when he made Shahbaz as the Public Accounts Committee chairman.

In the end, coming on godzilla's comments earlier, those were found inappropriate, therefore were removed. So I hope no more issues there. And why you cant see the post #, its because your're not using full version of the side and perhaps on mobile version :).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Punjab to establish 6-8 new industrial zones

The Punjab government is striving to extend maximum facilities to promote local industry and provide all services under one roof to steer the ease of doing business in the province.

“I will be visiting all chambers of commerce of Punjab to get feedback and recommendations on tariffs, taxation and reforms,” said Punjab Board of Investment (BOI) Chairman Sardar Tanveer Ilyas during his visit to the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI).

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1905758/2-punjab-establish-6-8-new-industrial-zones/

30. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Good job enlightening everyone about the mess you are in. The question is what you will do to come out of it.

31. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Khan saab doing very well on foreign trips. His performance at home ground is well below par atm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    PM Imran launches 'Sehat Insaf Cards' for patients from tribal areas

PESHAWAR: Prime Minister Imran Khan here Friday launched gigantic ‘Sehat Insaf Cards (SIC)’ program to provide free treatment facilities to patients of merged tribal districts of erstwhile Fata in any top paneled Govt and private hospitals of the country.

The Prime Minister distributed Sehat Insaf Cards (SIC) among poor tribesmen including widows, orphans, persons with disabilities and senior citizens during a special ceremony here at Governor House.

Read more: https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/4...-free-treatment-to-patients-from-tribal-areas

33. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
  34. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    who? how? proof>?

35. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Took no action against JeM

They are trained in Bahawalpur

36. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Who, how, PROOFS

37. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Imran and his Government are doing very well on Foreign Policy front. They deserves appreciation for this and I appreciate it. See @Del I am appreciating PTI Government.

38. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And we all in agreement that his Gov is not doing good job in domestic related issues(apart from few good initiatives). I have said it before, and acknowledging it again.

39. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Secured the release of over 2000 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi. They love this guy.

40. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    The guy is trolling. Don’t bother giving him any attention.