Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    yes i know i am trolling him too.
    he disappear once you start trolling him.

2. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
  3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Khan Destroyed the small man again.

Asked to share evidence and we will act and can do their investigation from an independent organisation as well.
    In case of Attack, we will reply forcefully.

Maybe truthseer need to share his evidence with IK.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan Infrastructure Bank expected to become operational this year

ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Asad Umar chaired a high-level meeting on Monday to discuss matters pertaining to the operationalisation of Pakistan Infrastructure Bank (PIB) and Public-Private Partnership Authority (PPPA).

Both these institutions aim to play a vital role in enhancing Investment-to-GDP ratio and spur overall economic growth.

According to details, Pakistan Infrastructure Bank is expected to be operational sometime this year. It will provide a facility for long-term investment to commercially viable projects. It will also provide support to social sector projects besides helping in creating a long-term debt market. International Finance Corporation (IFC) is partnering with the Government of Pakistan for the establishment of the bank.

The meeting on the occasion called for early finalisation of rules and procedures for the functioning of PPPA. Asia Development Bank is providing technical and professional support for the operations of PPPA, which aims to forge government-private sector cooperation for long-term development projects.

The meeting also gave a nod of approval to initiate procedures for hiring top level officials for both the institutions.

https://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk...ank-expected-to-become-operational-this-year/

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    FBR recovered Rs 6.6bn during money laundering probe, PM told

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday chaired a key meeting to review measures for curbing money laundering and reiterated those involved in the illegal practice did not deserve any concession, ARY News reported.

Finance Minister Asad Umar, PM’s special assistant Shehzad Akbar, Iftikhar Durrani, Governor State Bank Tariq Bajwa, secretary interior, director general Federal Investigation Authority (FIA), chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and other officials attended the meeting.

SBP governor briefed PM Khan that about 247 million rupees fine had been imposed on different banks due to fake accounts while investigation against 109 officers was in progress in the same matter.

The PM was informed that 8,707 suspicious transactions were detected last year whereas the FBR conducted a probe of more than 500 cases and recovered Rs 6.6 billion.

Customs officials informed that the department from July 2018 to January 2019 recovered illegal foreign currency worth Rs. 439 million.

The prime minister at this occasion said that money laundering was an evil which caused an irreparable loss to the country economy.

The Prime Minister was informed that memoranda of understanding are being signed with UK, Australia, UAE, and Qatar to enhance information in financial intelligence sharing.

Prime Minister Imran Khan while addressing the meeting said that the elements involved in money laundering do not deserve any concession and their reality should be exposed before the nation.

He directed to activate financial monitoring units across the country further.

https://arynews.tv/en/pm-money-laundering-directives/

6. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Khan has removed an incompetent prime minister in Pakistan.

InshAllah through his actions over the past few days he will ensure that Indians remove the murderer Modi!

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @Mohan i need you to tell me something because i'm struggling to understand this. Just pretend im not from pakistan ok

how on earth are you guys labeling the returned pilot a hero in india.

i really want to understand the mindset you guys have right now because my brain gives up every time I try to think about it

I've seen tweets from kohli, sachin hailing him as a hero.. I dont get it..are they doing this for political purposes only ? because he got shot down, was getting beat up by the public in pakistan then got saved by pakistan army

how is that anything near to heroism ? please help me understand. I'm not trolling

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    this is something I cannot support this government in, the favouritism given to Nawaz Sharif is utterly contemptuous, and the reasons are total bullshit. they are doing it to avoid criticism, and yet are facing criticism. follow the law. that's what the whole movement is about. this VIP culture is precisely what they were supposed to be agains. lock him up, throw away the key.

9. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    a superb programme today from Muqabil, with some detailed information on the extent of the sharifs medical fraud on their charity hospitals.

if I were in power I would mandate his treatment was done at his own hospitals that he built and embezzled money from. if he admits that he embezzled money, then he could get the same treatment all inmates receive.

what a filthy dog.

10. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    8th month in progress. Where is the money that was to be saved on daily basis by curbing corruption. Where are the tax collection that were suppose to be doubled. Fantasies created by PTI are now falling on face. Does Asad Umar have any clue on how to handle the economic challenges.

11. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
  12. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Also add where is the money which was supposed to be back from the looters.
    why are the looters still roaming around like kings.
    baray to baray, chotay looters bhi nahi andar kar parahay. isnt it a big slap on the face of establishment, the courts and the tabdeeli brigade that they cant even catch and hold onto chotay looters either.

13. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    if they catch them, its politicised courts. if they dont catch them, its no justice. make up your minds.

14. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    no if they catch one, and keep other out, and then leave one and catch the other one. that means in politicised courts.

15. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    It’s an independent judiciary. They don’t appoint the cj. That’s why their own politicians are being investigated and suspended. It’s not rocket science to see that multi billion rupee frauds aren’t going to be stuffed under the mattress at home and that the investigative institutions are under resourced.

‘Theyre’ not Catching or leaving anyone, the judiciary and nab are. Khosa has let Maryam off and has allowed Nawaz out, not Imran.

Why is this so incredibly difficult to understand?

16. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    i am not targeting imran here, even the most anti imran people accept imran would have sent each of them in jail at the same time. but he doesnt hold all the power. it is the establishment who doesnt have the balls to catch these thieves and do justice. the supposed 'miltablishment' is too hyped up by the politicians. or they are just playing games. either that or the establishment is playing games. remember zardari and kayani had a great partnership, and with kayani's brother under fire for corruption and wrong doings, zardari must have a card up his sleeve that is why he is not in jail till now. they are trying to catch him way before nawaz.

17. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    My apologies i misunderstood you, by ‘they’ I thought you were referring to the incumbent government as opposed to the army.

I don’t buy the thesis that the army/establishment call all the shots. There’s no evidence that I’ve seen of that. I think there has been credible argument that they have influence but i would be surprised if they micro manage institutions.

I think the issue is more in the quality of institutions, their capacity and competence. After decades of being bought off by sharifs and zardaris, there is no culture of competence and that’s pretty visible even to the layman reading judgements that judges put out on what are thought to be complex cases.

For a Chief Justice to let of Maryam for example, because she’s a woman and so qualifies for compassionate grounds, and then talks about how a good lawyer should read Shakespeare is to me indicative of a small minded antiquated guy who should not be a Chief Justice. It doesn’t seem to me to be the army instructing him to let Maryam go - what exactly does that achieve for them?

In any case, that’s the rough and the smooth of democracy - you have to take the good guys and the bad with equal measure.

With Zardari, I’ve seen some of the files from fifteen years ago that were compiled about him, just general data, not any investigative work, it’s so complex it takes ages. Add into that mix the fact that the institutions have only really been feee tonoperate for a year or so - it’s goig to take time even if there is no conspiracy issue.

In the states it just took two years of mueller investigation to exonerate trump and that’s with limitless finances and professional resource and for an issue that was essentially a domestic investigation over a period of time where records were well kept.

18. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    well, heres something for the PTI haters to enjoy - straight from the mouth of the independent third party World Bank:

"ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan’s public debt would jump to 17 years highest level of 82.3 per cent of the size of its economy and budget deficit is projected to be over Rs2.6 trillion by the end of the current fiscal year, says a new report of the World Bank.

The projected levels of the budget deficit – gap between expenditures and revenues – and public debt to Gross Domestic Product ratio for the fiscal year 2018-19 are higher than the levels of the last year of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government.

The report also underlined that the risk for sovereign debt default by Pakistan has again increased from last month.

The projections that the WB has made in its report ‘South Asia Economic Focus – Exports Wanted’, released on Sunday, are more alarming than the estimates of the Asian Development Bank.

The report also predicted an economic growth rate of just 3.4pc for the current fiscal year – the lowest in eight years. Also, it has claimed that the average inflation in this fiscal year would jump to 7.1pc and will hit a dangerous level of 13.5pc in the next fiscal year due to further currency devaluation and hike in utility prices.

World Bank team to arrive in Pakistan to assess impact of reforms

“The pace of poverty reduction is expected to continue to slowdown in the current as well as in the next fiscal year, following the projected growth deceleration and higher inflation rates.”

According to independent economists, 13.5pc inflation would mean that the State Bank which has committed to keep real interest rates positive will have to raise the policy rate to over 15pc.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1945493/2-pakistans-gdp-growth-may-slow-3-4-world-bank/

19. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    (not really, immediately after the doom and gloom, it says: "
    “The current macroeconomic challenges in Pakistan are primarily the result of past policy choices,” said the WB, throwing the responsibility on the last PML-N government.

The report noted that Pakistan has made some adjustments over the past year. “However, further adjustments will be needed”.")

20. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    whatever, imran and his team is now in govt. the policy indicators must now show progress. this blame game should end at some point.

21. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    no. that's not how economics works.

the blame game should end at some point, absolutely, but it ends at a time determined by economic realities not political convenience.

22. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    He is yet to punish the culprits involved in Sahiwal Case (about which he had tweeted), not sure ‘kis mun se Quetta attack se mutasir logon ko face karega’. This shows IK is a colossal failure, which is frustrating and heartbreaking to see. I am not sure how can pre election PTI supporters support the current IK, its beyond me. Has he lost moral consciousness after enjoying the perks of being a PM? I think so.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

23. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Asad Umar removed as finance minister - that’s never a good sign. I wonder what the reason was. If it’s currency and the stick market, it’s an extremely bad decision, if it’s something else, what?

24. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Well all tajziay leads down to IMF. Not sure if it's because of the decision to go to the IMF, or to go too late, or he has agreed to reveal the secrets of the state's to the IMF or he hasn't. Conflicting stories. Some say he was closer to the establishment and Imran sensed it, some say establishment didn't agree for the recommendations he suggested going to the IMF. It is clear that we HAVE to go IMF and Americans have shown us baba ji ka thullu this time and IMF is asking us to reveal CPEC contracts among other things to release the money. Whatever the case Asad umar is only a scapegoat and we can only hope that the military and Imran khan are on the same page on this. Imran khan is leaving for an urgent visit to China. He will be begging again for more money so that we don't have to compromise on our state secrets. I think the military is not ready to stop supporting the terrorist groups, hence we saw they released aswj workers recently, soon after hazara attack, and yesterday or today, people stopped a bus in balochistan coastal area and opened fire, randomly. Khan is reluctant, and atleast looks like reluctant and want to crack down on these groups, which have been used by the military outside Pakistan borders to fight their agenda. Hmm.

25. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    I dont believe any of that. there are no secrets in terms of the CPEC contracts, and yes he has to go begging because the country is generating no money whilst the debts outstanding need to be paid off. there are no established links with the establishment, its all speculation.

what I think is more likely is that influential people in the cabinet and party, who are ignorant of economics and business cycles, have persuaded the pm that the near term economic headwinds are too great. I think thats a massive mistake if thats the case, but given the choice in pakistani politics is mostly between the corrupt and the inept, with the few competent honest people forced to work with a selection of these others, its the people who have to suffer.

26. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Hows the Medina's state going guys? I heard all the peeps now sleep with full tummies these days and there is peace everywhere, crimes have disappeared, corruption evaporated, justice prevailing, merit implementing, economy booming and kids have stopped dying with hunger and malnourishment?

Oh sorry, may be its too early......

27. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    i understand the anger and sarcasm but, it is somewhat early yes.

28. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Asad umar was one of the most influential people. both immy and asad were under pressure from the establishment.

29. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Says who? References?

30. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    References could be given of quite a few people but then u won't believe them since those people usually are anti imran.
    You have said yourself 'influential' people within the party have convinced imran to fire asad umar. Who are these, Jahangir tareen? Understand how establishment works?

But we need to see it from an unbiased perspective. You change one or two minister at once, but they have changed and reshuffled the whole cabinet. This does not happen often. Watch asad umar's interview with kashif Abbasi after resigning, he himself says IMF could be the reason why I resigned/fired. If u have been following asad umar since few years, he was dead sure going to the IMF is never the solution. That is the reason why they tried their best to get loans from friendly countries without any baggage then going to the IMF. It didn't work, we still needed money. We had to finally give in to the IMF, this time, America bahadur didn't help us to make IMF go soft on us. It's not out yet what have we taken and given, but either Asad resigned because he didn't agree to going to the IMF, or the establishment didn't. In either case it is not Imran's or Asad's fault.

Imran have changed his team, who had different than usual view of managing Pakistan. That team have been changed. Now you are seeing team E, plan E. We will go back to the IMF, Americans. Personally I have a feeling this is the last time imran will go to China. It is a make or break for him. Then we will go back to America is our daddy route.

31. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I thought you said you will never tag me ever again, so why change of heart ...

I realize all these months must very difficult for you, because all of your exceptions need years to show some progress and you started chest beating not even after 100 days, therefore, I am not amaze even a bit at your typical post.

Everybody, everybody has said and agreed that PTI's gov has not performed as they should've, Khan has made many mistakes since he's at the helm, but only a fool will expect crimes to disappear, end of corruption, justice prevailing and economic issues resolved.

Why you and others always, always forget a rudimentary question, where was Pakistan's eight months before? Has Imran or PTI deteriorated everything in all these months? Or its Asad Umar's fault and Pakistan was very close to bankrupt? PPP and PML-N money laundering is inflicting tons of damage to Pakistan's economy, who's fault is it?

As for justice, nothing will prevail as long as LHC is operating, why dont you say even a word on it? Is it PTI's fault that all judges of LHC is on payroll on Nawaz and PML-N or it is also PTI's fault? Who's fault is it if PTI or IK is unable to approve even a single bill from this rotten parliament?

Also, how could you be so naive that you dont no how bureaucracy is not working with Imran?

Last but not the least, I dont think this rotten democratic system of Pakistan will allow a person like Khan to work, because everybody excluding him and a handful of people aren't corrupt. I dont think this can be called democracy.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  33. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Have to admit, these are very depressing times for PTI and IK supporters. He needs to show some achievements now otherwise things will get even tougher.

34. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    the removal of asad umar and replacing him with a previous govt. economic chief is a huge set back for the people who supported IK for change of vision. it doesnt matter to me if irrelevant ministries are given to lota's within the party. although, asad umar and imran khan are to be blamed equally, they knew this is the toughest spot and everyone would be up against them with knives. To be honest i dont think asad umar was given ample amount of air time to explain himself, maybe he should have hired a spokesperson. also, as some people had predicted, his hands maybe tied since he was leading a pack of previous govts. experience technocrats. his party people didnt help either.

35. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    theres no doubt that its been disappointing, and frustrating, but I wouldn't characterise it as tough for IK or the PTI, its far more serious for Pakistan. despite these amateur problems and idiotic decisions, the fact is that they are still light years ahead of. the alternatives which is why the real issue os the quality and number of competent lawmakers in pakistan. half of the previous government are in jail for massive corruption, with the others hanging by a thread to freedom on bizarre *bought?* judicial commentary (women should be treated leniently???) and legal loop holes (has Nawaz even been admitted to hospital yet, or is that going to happen at the end of his 6 week bail for emergency health reasons, shabaz is living it up and jogging into restaurants in London, but is claiming sciatic problems as the reason he failed to attend NAB summons). and of course, the whole of the PPP infrastructure is about to collapse on one of the largest most pervasive robberies from poor people in the history of the country.

so yes, its bad and worrying news, but for pakistan, not for the PTI or their supporters. IK could start worshiping the spaghetti monster, sack all his cabinet and appoint cartoon characters in their place and it would still be a vast improvement on previous governments, and still would be the right thing to support the PTI.

the issue of Asad Umar is really strange, given how comfortable he is with things, and how close this was to a bail out, it smells like theres something else afoot. of course it doesnt helps when a country is on the brink of bankruptcy that the opposition and media are focussed on headline bs - inflation is a direct result of the balance of payments crisis, not economic policy for example - but this is what the opposition is expected to do, so the blame if this resulted in pressure that crsytalised in a reshuffle is with the government and its ineptitude in explaining its policies.

its all too strange and irrational. im wondering whether a change of personal to an economic yes man was a condition of the bail out, which at least would make sense. or whether that deplorable woman Firdous Awan and the new economic advisor were put in place to better defend against the attacks of the opposition. perhaps choosing shamelsss, crooked POSs to debate shameless, crooked POSs is an effective policy.

I added another tranche to my investment in pakistan yesterday, but I suspect I'll get better prices soon, and am starting to worry that it may have been a mistake to invest at all in this country and its massive collection of idiots.

36. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Small man, big office.

37. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    no surprises that the people most avowed to hating pakistan, hate IK. they understand how he represents the only chance that it emerges as a world force. just a shame that so many Pakistanis are too stupid to see it.

38. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I knew that there are Pakistani's who are not well-wisher of their own country, but man, I am astonished to see the numbers ...

39. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    well a couple of new rumours doing the rounds today - Asad Umar will be coming back in a far more powerful role than finance minister. sounds like an excuse to me, but also sounds like it would be a good move. let see.

the other rumour abound is that Maulana diesel is preparing his robo-molvis to spread the word that the PTI government is acting against the dictates of islam, in order to disrupt governance, just as the noose appears to be tightening all the closer around the collective necks of the ppp, pmln and jui leaderships. this sounds like a credible rumour to me, which if true could be a massive disaster for the country. foreign investment would be paused, all the deals signed would be paused, there would be widespread unrest and violence, attention will shift away from the courts and the PPP/PMLN leadership, and of course, the Indians and Israelis and PMLN/PP supporters - all enemies of pakistan - would be overjoyed.

40. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    molana has been trying since the election result to come on streets. its nawaz and zardari who doesnt want it. shehbaz is in establishment's pocket so he wont ever go against them. nawaz just got a breather so for him it is not worth it, he will wait for the next election. the activities of bilawal is to threaten not imran but establishment, so that zardari to get relief of what he is facing currently. all these guys are well tied up to not make much impact.

the establishment want imran for the next 10-15 years. and that is how they will keep it. imran believes they all should not but tied up but jailed, to get the monies out of them. establishment is playing it old game, imran wants a new strategy. let's see who wins. so far regarding the economy, establishment wants to go back to the old policy of appeasing and blackmailing the USA.