Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I will try to explain.

There are many who are beneficiary of PML-N and PPP being at helm.

For instance, why you think number of people come in support of Saad Rafiq? Some fool will say its because NS and PML-N has civilian power, hogwash. Saad Rafiq told people that vote me and and when I become minister, then will make sure all those who voted me will get employment. Thus there are thousands of employees Railway has who never show up at work but collect salary at every month. Naturally, when Saad and his brother was thrown behind bar then all these employees will have problem, because they were also beneficiary of his corruption, therefore, they came to protest.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Only in iZaman's world bro, lol.

3. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    On the other hand IK just delivered another masterminded love QandA in front of policy makers and a live audience, fielding some of the most controversial questions around and he DESTROYED IT.

this part is so far ahead of the others, it’s no wonder the rate are squealing - the decks are about to sanitised. Can’t wait to see things unfold over the next two years or so - we’ll see whether Pakistan wins or the enemies of Pakistan use their opposition lotas to destabilise the country.

4. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks for that. So it seems then that the mindset of the people needs changing before Pakistan can progress. This can be achieved through long term planning in regards to education. I am assuming the past governments weren't too concerned with educating the public ?, after all an uneducated public is easier to fool.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Exactly, I am sorry to say but many Pakistani's are corrupt themselves.

Recently (I am not sure if you heard or not), but Retailors group is doing strike against Gov, even though Retailor's body president didnt vouch for it, I believe. They are on strike only because, current Gov wants to regularize retailors group. They want to document how much they do business with vendors, so that they can give tax to Gov accordingly, because currently this process is not documented and Retailors group doesnt even give tax. Now you tell me, who's at the fault here?

PML-N has 10 years of Gov in Pubjab, PPP has been ruling Sindh since forever, but what have they done to provide basic necessities of life to civilian? Absolute zilch, why they didnt heed towards education? Its because the idea was to keep people busy with their day to day issues, so that they can't question the actions of these so called 'leaders' and this way, they'll get more leeway to do their corruption.

And as you said, its easier to fool uneducated compared to literate folks. Corruption from Pakistan wouldnt eradicated in a blink of an eye, after all these are the fruits of hardwork of PML-N & PPP, how they've ruined the country. Will take years to rectify this mess.

And then we have people here defending these crook and leaches to no extend, which is a massive shame.

6. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    None of what you are claiming has been proven. If it was, Pakistan would've recovered the 100b rupees like Murad Saaed stated they would.

Unfortunately. All you guys have is a case built on a compromised judges judgment.

NS has done corruption, OK? But so are PTI still doing. Accountability is not fair and as long as it isn't fair, I don't give a damn about whatever they claim.

7. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Funny that you are still talking about education. Do you know PTI has reduced the education budget by about 40b?

HEC removed all of their scholarship. Programs.

8. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Peshawar Brt which was supposed to be built in six months and in 8 Arab Rupees is still under construction with the cost of the project exceeding 100b.

Any idea whose pocket this has gone into?

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A) There was no treaty in between Pakistan and other countries to bring back looted money.
    B) Even after above is done, money has been distributed into further investments, which means its near impossible to retrieve it back. The only way to bring it back is that the one who did money laundering will bring it back. Hence they're given this option that give Pakistan's money back and you can go to hell, we dont care about it - but patwari's will never say it.

PTI is doing corruption, maybe, but first bring concrete evidences.

Accountability is touching nerves of Noora's and their supports and this process will continue, no matter how much noise they will create.

10. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Is there any more glaring evidence than the peshawar brt? Your own cm admitted it

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Again you're shooting from the back side and only telling half truth, which is norm of NS supporters.

Budget is reduced because they are hardly any money to pay interest of the loan taken by previous Gov's.

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Nobody is defending BRT but why in the same sentence you talk about orange line and metro line? As I said, you and other like you only tells half truth, which supports your agenda.

13. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Lol. Once again deflecting. Where did I say that orange line was all clean?

We're talking about ptis corruption which you don't want to admit.

14. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    If pti survives five years. At the end of the term, pti will come up with the slogan that the previous five years was all because of the Ns era so give us another chance..

Classic deflection technique. Modi did the same.

BTW that reminds me. Trump, Modi, Borris Johnson, Emmanuel, Saudi Boss, Imran Khan are all cut from the same cloth. All radicalized and close to being fascists.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Do you have comprehension issues? Read my post again, I said nobody is defending if there is corruption in BRT. But why dont you raise you voice on Merto line and Orange line corruption? Should I bring in more facts and data to further embarrass you and this is enough for you tonight?

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    This is very typical of people like you and other PML-N supporters. Point figures at other and never admit your own fault. Laga raho, sabash.

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Come and whine as much as you want after 5 years. We will give you a medal of honor for it.

18. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

So you admit PTI is corrupt?

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    @Pakistanalltheway - dont go any further, the corruption I elaborated is well documented in this thread and why @iZaman is trying his level best to support and hide it.

For him BRT corruption is corruption, but his biased glasses dont let him see massive corruption and kickbacks taken in Merto line and Orange line projects. Typical Noora's support for you.

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Are you even literate?

What did I say?

But no, you are bent upon trying to save sorry a$$ of phony like NS & others and trying to prove PTI and Khan corrupt.

Like as I said, lagga raho.

21. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    just look at the level of deflection, deceit, dishonesty or worst case, stupidity amongst the supporters of the PMLN/PPP coalition of thieves.

30 years of dynastic rules with no accountability, foreign empires built mysteriously without money trails, bankrupting a sovereign state, with corruption cases/prison for 90% of the cabinets

all that versus:

12m of a federal government with one term in a provincial government.

and the cry is why isn't the same accountability being applied to both, as if they were comparable, as if the devastating election the Pakistani people was equivalent.

absolutely disgraceful dishonesty. there will be a priority of cases, and even then PTI lawmakers have had to go through exactly the same process as the leaders of the other parties, including their leader, even though the seriousness and scale of crime is huge multiples worse in the case of the opposition parties.

but for the blind non stop full federal terms = one provincial term for the first time. thats the level of intellect here.

22. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    no comments at all about the performance of the fantastic Imran versus the childish idiocy of nawaz and zardari when they met Obama? one stands up, wears national dress proudly, stands for the country and principles, in front of a racist, right wing president, against an interview on the most right wing news channel I the world, against a press conference full of policy makers driven by anti-eastern ideologies, whether left wing liberalism, or right wing imperialism, and IK comes out to thunderous applause after a 30 ball century. the others cut pathetic whimpering impotent idiots, concerned only with their family wealth an the protections the their foreign property empires built on wealth stolen from poor Pakistani people.

no comments on PTIs performance - which is what this thread is about - on the global stage, rallying the Russians, Chinese, khaleejis, Iranians, Americans, europeans, all to compete for the potential business in pakistan?? a state that was about to default into bankruptcy, a banana republic ruled by a gang of mafiosa, now transformed into a progressive, clean, focal state of extreme strategic importance?

astonishing, amazing, incredible performance by the PTI and by Imran Khan.

Instead we hear bullshit about the BRT, about illegal protests run by an illegally appointed convict in a disintegrating party who's leaders are all up for massive corruption charges, if not already convicted, and about the media control of outlets on the payroll of corrupt sources backed by foreign enemies. its like complaining about a dirty window on a house that is burning to the ground, thats how dishonest and foolish it is.

this is the state of Pakistanis, and why the country is in the state it is in.

23. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    The 24 channel banner has it blocked here on YouTube, but here it was:

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  24. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  25. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
  26. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
  27. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
  28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Now when Noora's nothing to say they bring up such nonsense.

If you are against army & bark against your own institute, give whatever Kahsmir you have to India and live as their lap dog only then can be you real PM and you have balls?

On contrary, Imran he has zilch issue(s) with ISI and COAS Bajwa accompanying . He trust his institutions and his institutions trusts him and this is how we develop, but to all the patwari's he is establishment's puppet. However, if he start spitting venom like NS and Maryam then will become a 'leader' - LOL.

Inline is the understanding of Patwari's and their definition of Puppet vs. Independent party within Pakistan.

If a Pakistan political party(on its own will) is in harmony with army and vice versa, it will be called an army's puppet/ establishment party.

If a political party thrashes Pakistan army at every local and international forum, and using this cover of being pro democracy/anti army, attain western approval, this the only definition of being an independent political party.

29. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Do you even understand what you are saying?
    Supporting your army doesn't mean you have to report to them for your financial issues. Army has its own domain which is on the border and the only person they should be in touch with is the defense minister.

Tax collection and Army? Lmao.. BTW. Just FYI, General Bajwa was given protocol to pentagon and PM IK wasn't there. He also chose to go on a separate chartered plane and was received officially by American authorities.

Whose governing again?

30. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
  31. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    It's because Faujis are now understanding how hard it is to collect money from the public without using illegal measures (i.e selling your citizens to the US and bowing down to every demand of them}

BTW.. This is another interesting article

https://www.dawn.com/news/1495735/a...HHTMFVtw_6rBIK0wGkdoXcyWV3f8u3G5Qb14YYS_qUgR4

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I always do my due diligence before posting anything.

Army is getting involved becs they're also the stakeholder. With current hopeless economic situation its nearly impossible to buy new and modern weapons, which is a must when your neighbour is India, who consistently try to intimidate you.

More to the point, let me repeat what I asked and you conveniently ignored it. Therefore, I will try one more time. What is the reason of this severe economic crisis & financial deficit?

Why Pakistan's loan has grown substantially since 2010?

Million and million were borrowed in the name of loan but where that money has been spent?

Why Pakistan is facing balance of payment crisis and onus goes to who?

Now dont run away again and answer these questions, I will really appreciate it.

BTW: next time you address me, either quote me or reply to my post, otherwise I wouldnt come to know that you're talking to me. What you did is like muttering.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  33. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    It's a common-sense, that for any current government, it should not be very difficult to find as to where the loans were spent. Every spending should be in the books and should have been made public by now. Unfortunately for the government, there is nothing fishy to share however they still want to prolong the qarza rhetoric. Current account deficit was a problem which was not properly addressed by the previous regime but that does not prove that the entire billions of dollars borrowed were stolen by previous government through corruption. The current government should be easily able to share how much was really spent on infrastructure and how much was wired out of the country into accounts of these politicians. Unless the government shares and proves these numbers in courts, this qarza rhetoric should be dumped into the trash bin.

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  35. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

Correct. It's just an old rhetoric which Pti fans have memorized. Had there really been so much corruption, it wouldn't have been such a big issue to jail NS. These people simply don't have evidences which can be proven in court (except the receipts.. Lol. Does anybody know how Imran cleared his Bani Gala? He himself has two contradictory claims on how he got Bani Gala)

Anyway, making a commission to find out corruption is an evidence that things haven't been white and black like IK and Murad suggested (100B recovery in 100 days)

Ps. Pakistan has already taken 16b of loans in this year which is the highest we've ever taken in a year. I'm not sure where exactly it is being spent. (except returning further loans.. NS also returned 38b loans as admitted by PTI in the Parliament)

36. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    In a not so surprising turn of events, we are told that the Chief of Army Staff along with his team is still in the US while our Captain has already returned to Pakistan after winning the World Cup.

They must've missed their flight to Pakistan.

37. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    We know that the General and ISI chief went along aswell. But you clearly see how they are not eager, or even trying to get into the limelight. Which was not the case previously, from Ayub khan to Zia to Musharraf, each one of them craved for the limelight. They wanted to proclaim authority in public, dismissing the civilian incharge.

For many saying the strings are pulled by them, it is to understand that this is still a perception. The PM still addresses the nation, more frequently than usual, with authority and clarity, not the general. The PM still fires the ministers in cabinet, hires them aswell. This IS change.

Certainly, one MAY call Imran as Selected, although i believe since Mush left, every govt. had been selected. But you cannot call him a puppet for sure.

38. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    There was not much for Imran to do that there either. The visit was all about Americans getting out of Afghanistan, that is all, which is not Imran's or Trump's domain. That's between GHQ and Pentagon. Nobody is pointing out in america why trumps isnt involved in these meeting. Also i did a quick search and i found no international media coverage for Bajwa except pakistan media reporting him one on one meeting with his counterpart in america, and meeting with pompeo (excluding trump). The other media reporting on bajwa is ofcourse our arch rivals who are not ready to accept Imran as our elected leader.

39. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    To keep a balance, i would like to point out here the following:

- With the difficulty in arresting the key politicians under the current govt., it can be rightly said, that the claims of billions of billions dollars of corruption was quite exaggerated.

- The difficulty in arrests of key culprits also suggest that the corruption that is and was done, included not just the politicians, but the bureaucracy, judiciary, and of course the military elements, combined together which we call the establishment.

- It is although evident that the state of financial condition of Pakistan is indeed due to Corruption which also resulted in mis-management. And the leaders of two biggest political houses of Pakistan, Sharif's and Bhutto's were the major monetary beneficiaries nonetheless.

- The criticizers of the Army must understand that they may have the larger control of the country then compared to other countries. But they also have huge and powerful enemies not just within, but out side. One could find many instances reported by international media of their mismanagement and miscalculations, but you wouldnt find many instances of monetary corruption when compared to the civilian/political leaders. Panama leaks, wiki leaks and similar leaks which were presented by the international media is a great example.

- When noting the situation from a partial lense i would conclude that Pakistan is in a mess because the political (and judicial) civil servants are extremely corrupt and compromised meanwhile the armed forces are overly ambitious.

- Imran khan is an experiment worth taking. Although there have been non-corrupt PM's before. But they were never as popular. We need to wait and see how things unfold. There is a lot of hue and cry over incompetency from the opposition, but Pakistan have seen such times before. All that is happening has happened before, the only difference is Imran khan, his persona, and commitment.

40. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

You probably haven't seen the protocol video of Bajwa. And BTW, the army has learnt by now that staying away from the spotlight is the best way to avoid getting unwanted attention and Bajwa has always been a person who has kept himself away from spotlight. He has learnt how to pull the strings properly.

There has been complete media blackout on every protest including the JUI/PPP/PMLn Jalsas. So much so for democracy and rights which they cried for 126 days. Hypocrisy at its best.