Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Nope. He should be criticized for things that doesn't seem to be for the benefit of the people or what he promised, and he should be criticized for his performance if something doesn't go right.

There is nothing wrong with criticism as long it's not blind hate or for little irrelevant things, or if you're a hypocrite and criticize him for one thing while you go on to support other parties or political leaders that do the same, or worse.

We don't want this blind fanboyism you lot display either. It's cringeworthy. IK is not a Messiah, he cannot turn Pakistan into a paradise in 5 years either. It will take way more time than that which should be expected.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I haven't heard any such news (about helicopter ride) but if he had, then its plain wrong and I will never support him it.

Coming on the news of NS paid cheques to government exchequer for the expenses incurred by him and his family whilst living at PM house, do you know how much budget him and his family burned? Does anybody know or have seen how many "cheques" are paid? Any log or money trail about these details? I have heart in a few talk shows that he spent about '30 Arab Pakistani rupees'. Can NS provide money trail of these expenses? Did he also paid for the gas/petrol money for the cars he used? Can NS also provide money trail of all his pleasure trips he went on? I don't look too much into this hogwash that NS used to pay for PM house expensive, because if money trail is asked then he will be humiliated more.

Also speaking of 'eshaiya' (dinner) Khan gave to 250 PTI members and new elected PTI MNAs in PM house, I am not sure about the source of this news (neither I am certain if its true), but do you know how many guests were invited on his oath ceremony? 1,250 out of which, Mamnoon Sahab's guest were 1000 and remaining were PTI's. I still didn't like it because as per some reports Khan wanted to keep it to 100 max. but there were many who couldn't be left so number reached to 250. Furthermore, it was a very first time, based on Khan's insistence, menu of 9 dishes was canceled and they only served water, tea and biscuits. I reckon we all should appreciate it, and therefore, I am not sure about how true this new is that Khan spent lakhs on an 'eshaiya' (dinner) he gave to 250 PTI members, MNAs and friends in PM house. I will hold my judgement until I see some concrete evidences.

I know he made tall claims before he became PM, specially his 100 days agenda. I don't know if he'll be able to accomplish all what he said, but one should consider himself naive if he would believe that it could've been doable in the first place. I will be dancing on cloud number 9, if Khan accomplishes even 20% of what he pledged to do. If I see a direction and rational in his decisions then I will wait patiently. Also, not sure if you heard or not, but auction of highly expensive bulletproof 80 cars is taking place. Not to mention cost of each car is about about 50 million rupees (refer is provided below). I hope you and others will appreciate this initial step towards cost cutting, of course this money will go in state treasury.

https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/pm-decides-auction-pm-house-cars/

That said, as per many reports, beware cus PPP and PML-N are going to support each other to elect president, which will support them and will create tons of hurdles for Khan and his cabinet. Because they don't want him to do his job freely and make every possible effort to derail his gov.

Last but not the least, as for his appointments for people Babar Awaan and Farogh Naseem, I don't like it either, but I doubt that he will try to support and shield them if a probe starts against them for their wrongdoings.

3. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    not expecting the requisite intelligence to contextualise a quote from "you lot" to be honest, but for the sake of completeness: the rest of my quote you decided to redact was with reference to the exposing of the massive underlying problems previous governments have left, and how deplorably malintended pre-polling criticism has been. personal attacks, hiding massive extravagance, leaving the country on the precipice of bankruptcy - this was a disgrace.

my comment had nothing whatsoever to do with holding him to account now he is I power, which every PTI supporter I have read has agreed wholeheartedly with.

you can take your crystal ball and put it back where you got it. your prediction of 5+ years for 'paradise' is as open to the same judgement you are making of their ambitions. its clear to anyone with two braincells or more that political ambition carries by far and away most significance in its trajectory, given the variables that are unpredictable in execution. mayb they will achieve what they want in their intended time line, maybe they wont. what the hell is the point in focussing on the precise time line when youve just had most of the previous government thrown into dungeons, with many more of the previous government likely to follow?

context sadly does require a degree of common sense.

4. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I never said Nawaz Sharif wrote cheques for all his expenses, I am stating the fact he wrote cheques. Just as you could argue Imran Khan only offered pani to invitees, Nawaz's supporters could also say he paid millions from his own pocket. The only way to find out if all expenses are published, Imran is encouraged to do so, PMLN supporters on social media have asked for disclosure of cheques Nawaz Sharif paid, I think Imran Khan should publish those to make very clear who paid what for how much.

I am not happy he still maintains his tall promises, especially the first 100 days agenda which to me seems ridiculous. And listen, I dont care if he buys himself a plane as grand as lavish as US president's Airforce One, as long as he genuinely does something to improve the lives of common Pakistani man, i dont care if he has a 12 course menu in his state dinner, as long as he is able to feed each and every hungry stomach in this country.

And I am sorry but his repeated mention of Medina's state as an example to follow and grand promises of turning Pakistan into something similar would have been laughable had they not been so serious. He is not the 1st PM in history to make such claims, he is not the 1st one who mentioned Medina, and I can tell you he wont be the last.

Please pull yourself out of this personality worshiping, fanboyism, romanticism and unwarranted populism, just wait and see. Like you say, even if he manages to accomplish 5% of what he said he will do, then I will be relived. But keep lying (either intentionally or out of naivety) stroking the hopes and expectations of millions of people is not going to benefit anyone in this equation.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    You do know that when Imran wants to do something he has a 100% record in achieving it, lol.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sorry but I disagree with this "fact" that NS wrote cheques for all his expenses. Something becomes fact when its proven, like the case of Khan who only offered pani to his guests. For NS and his supporters to make it fact that he wrote cheques this has to be proven, either by them or by Khan to make things utterly transparent (as you mentioned), until its established I will only take it as a pinch of salt, because atm its just a statement and nothing more.

As for Medina's state as an example, its his vision which will certainly not going to happen in a snap of a fingers. Like as I said before, even if this Gov achieve only 10/15% of claims which he made before becoming PM, I will be happy.

Last but not the least, I am not IK's fanboy and its well documented that if some isn't right, I don't support it. Which I even did in my previous post in the beginning. I am not a beneficiary who will get perks to support IK or PTI. You, me and others we all want life of civilians in Pakistan to improve, level of corruption to come down and support anybody or any Gov who will work for betterment of people. Be it Nawaz, Zardari or Khan.

BTW: Eid Mubarrak to you and yours.

7. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    given what the previous government has been found out to have done, and how many of the have been thrown into dungeons, its shocking to see people still supporting the same sources of their defence that have already been proved to be so bad with regards to these expenses.

until we see evidence, why on earth would anyone with any intelligence at all take their word for it after what we have seen? these are the blind fanboys, and are worse - devoid of any common sense.

https://videos.92newshd.tv/videogal...uring-prime-minister-21-august-2018-92newshd/

this discusses what looks to be a total crock of bs on the payment of expenses by the sharifs. the servants, the staff, the cars, the protocols, the trips - who in their right mind would even consider making cheques for expenses an issue?

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Govt sticks to 5-day working week, bans discretionary funds of president, PM, MNAs

The newly-formed government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Friday decided that working hours will be changed to 9am to 5pm and Saturday’s holiday will not be abolished.

It has also placed a ban on discretionary funds of the president, prime minister and member of national assemblies (MNAs), Radio Pakistan reported.

The federal cabinet discussed seven-point agenda including abolition of discretionary funds, overseas visits, load-shedding, audit of mass transport projects, tree plantation, country-wide cleanliness drive and proposal of six working days for government offices.

Briefing the media following the meeting, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said this decision was taken because it was an insult to tax payers.

‘From now on, development projects will be discussed in parliament and their approval will be given after a detailed review,’ he said, adding that discretionary powers of all ministers to grant funds have also been revoked.

‘Funds worth 21 billion rupees were spent by the previous government apart from 30 billion rupees that were allocated to MNAs for development projects,’ Chaudhry added.

He said the previous governments used the national exchequer like their own property.

“The prime minister will not use his special plane for foreign visits. Instead he will travel in an ordinary passenger plane and use the club class,” Chaudhry relayed.

The information minister said the aforementioned decision applies to the president, chief justice and other senior officials as well.

“Forensic auditing of Multan Metro bus project, Lahore Orange Train and Peshawar Metro Bus will take place. If needed, FIA will conduct investigation,” Chaudhry further said.

The cabinet has also decided to begin urban tree plantation projects in Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Lahore.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/178701...k-bans-discretionary-funds-president-pm-mnas/

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    There will be no compromise on issues of national interest, said Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The premier visited the foreign office on Friday and spoke to officials of the ministry. We need to project a positive image of Pakistan abroad, he said.

He was briefed by officials of the ministry. The prime minister said the country’s foreign policy must prioritise the country’s interests.

Imran Khan said the performance of Pakistan’s embassies must also be improved.

Keep in contact with our ambassadors and Pakistanis living abroad, he told officials of the ministry. He also urged them to make better use of political resources.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2018/08/t...on-issues-of-national-interest-pm-imran-khan/

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Imran Khan sheds hundreds of servants and says Pakistan's elite must pay tax

Pakistan is to auction off a fleet of 88 luxury vehicles from the prime ministerial protocol after the new prime minister, former cricket star Imran Khan, declared he would live “a simple life” in office.

On Monday, all 21 members of Mr Khan’s cabinet were sworn in in Islamabad, mostly political veterans to counterbalance the relative inexperience of the new prime minister himself who – at 65 years old – has never previously held office.

In his first speech as prime minister, Mr Khan announced he would pursue a policy of austerity, seeking to wean the country off its huge debts.

The former captain of Pakistan’s cricket team and playboy associate of the stars has remodelled himself as a pious figure in recent years – and he indicated that the country’s new path of austerity would begin with himself.

In addition to foregoing the scores of bulletproof vehicles that have protected his predecessors from the threat of militant attacks, Mr Khan said he would take only a small security detail and two domestic servants in place of the 524-strong staff reserved for a sitting premier.

Criticising what he called the colonial-era mindset and lifestyles of Pakistan’s ruling elite, the prime minister also said on Sunday that he would live in a small three-bedroom house instead of the palatial official residence to which he is entitled.

“I want to tell my people, I will live a simple life, I will save your money,” he said.

Mr Khan’s appointments on Monday suggested there was change coming too in the sphere of foreign policy, though he did not mention any specifics in his speech.

The new foreign minister, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, said there were challenges ahead in the way Pakistan deals with its neighbours, allies and foes overseas and that revisions to foreign policy would be made “in the interest of Pakistan”.

He welcomed a congratulatory message from the Indian prime minister, Narendra Modi, that expressed a desire for open and frank talks.

And he said he hoped to visit Kabul soon to deliver a message of solidarity to the Afghan government. “Pakistan needs a peaceful and stabilised Afghanistan,” he said. “Our future is linked to peace in Afghanistan.”

It was the new information minister, Fawad Chaudhry, who announced on Monday that prime ministerial vehicles would be auctioned soon.

And he also revealed the government is placing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz on a travel ban list. They are appealing sentences of 10 and seven years respectively on corruption charges relating to the Panama Papers leak.

The appointments of both Mr Qureshi – a former foreign minister with the PPP party, and Mr Chaudhry – a former spokesman for two different parties – highlight how Mr Khan has been forced to draw on figures for his cabinet with political backgrounds outside his own PTI party.

Dawn, the country’s leading independent newspaper, cautioned that Mr Khan might struggle to drive forwards with his agenda when so many important positions are held by coalition partners.

And it questioned whether meaningful reforms could be achieved when the cabinet is dominated by old hands who, in the main, represent the political status quo.

The other key tenet of Mr Khan’s first prime ministerial speech was an appeal to overseas Pakistanis to invest in the country and for the wealthy to start paying taxes. Tax avoidance is a perennial problem in a nation where less than 1 per cent of the population files income tax.

“It is your responsibility to pay taxes,” said Mr Khan. “Think of this as a jihad [struggle or battle], that you need to pay tax for the betterment of your country.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...er-servants-cabinet-swearing-in-a8499591.html

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    PTI bans use of discretionary funds by PM, President, ministers

No first class travel for Pakistan’s executives and top officers, announces Info minister

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government has put a ban on discretionary funds of the Prime Minister, President and Ministers as part of austerity measures announced by Imran Khan, who has just started his maiden term after 22 years of political struggle.

“The prime minister will not use his special charter for visits,” Information minister Fawad Chaudhry told the media on Friday. In fact, the minister added, all the executives and officers including PM Imran, NA Speaker, Foreign Minister, and CJP will travel in Club Class instead of First Class.

Fawad’s presser followed a cabinet meeting that was chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan

Taking on the former government for using national kitty like their “personal property”, the minister disclosed that the ousted PM Nawaz Sharif used Rs51 billion of discretionary funds in one year while President Mamnoon Rs80 to 90 millions.

“Last year, Nawaz Sharif used Rs21 billion discretionary funds,” Fawad added.

He further announced that the PTI government has approved the dissolution of useless Capital Administration and Development Division (CADD) ministry.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/hea...iscretionary-funds-by-president-pm-ministers/

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Now how about Khan and PTI's critics appreciate some of the initiative they've taken so far and give them due credit.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Foreign office wants ‘incorrect’ US statement on Imran Khan-Pompeo call to be corrected

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo telephoned Prime Minister Imran Khan recently to congratulate him on his appointment as the country’s premier. However, what they spoke about is being disputed and Pakistan wants the US statement to be corrected.

The US State Department’s version of events is different from that of Pakistan’s foreign office version.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said that there was no mention of terrorism within Pakistan during the call. He has asked the State Department to correct their statement and called it ‘factually incorrect’ in a tweet.

During their call, PM Imran Khan and Pompeo said that peace in Afghanistan would be beneficial to both countries.

However, a statement issued by the US State Department said that the two leaders also discussed the existence of terrorists within Pakistan.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2018/08/f...nt-on-imran-khan-pompeo-call-to-be-corrected/

14. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    This whole US Foriegn Secretary episode is pathetic and embarrassing on part of PTI government.

Why the hell did IK has to speak to him in first place ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    because you cant close the door on anyone for negotiations, friends or foe - for two reasons:

firstly, never underestimate your adversary - morsi cut out all the ex politicians from the Mubarak against advice from one seasoned diplomat source that told me about it, had he sat them at the table, he is close to knowing what is going on, and also he is able to give them some aspiration to motivate them to still contribute - the alternative is what eventually happened: sisi came about out of the left field, financed by the US and Saudi and their gang. morsi and freedom wont be coming back to egypt probably in our lifetimes now the new puppets have seen their weaknesses and wont allow an opposition to flourish again.

secondly, PPP/PMLN have left pakistan as an economic force on its knees and about to collapse into the dust. look at what the US has just done to Turkey which was in a substantial stronger position. that doesnt mean you do a nawaz and climb into Obama's shalwar, but at the same time, you have to play the sabre rattling/velvet glove game like everyone else does, particularly to buy time to fix your house if possible. theres a time to be aggressive, and theres a time to be dovish.

you have to remember that no matter how distasteful it is, the western powers have lost solid puppets in government of a nuclear state in a strategically crucial position next china, Iran and russia, the new world's axis of evil. they do not have an incentive to see IK survive and they will try to break his government for their interests. people like nawazardari and their cronies will happily play the sisi role. if IK beats his chest at this point, thats a green light for foreign attacks, economic, social and military. diplomacy keeps the possibility that our adversaries may still have their interests served without the risks of pushing pakistan into a failed state.

its definitely in Pakistans best interests to talk to them.

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    No you didnt get my point bro.

We need to have positive relations with all countries including US but Khan Saab should be speaking to people of same posts not some secretary.. let our secretary or shah mehmood speak to him.

If it was a congratulatory message, it could have been sent in media as well or through our FM.

17. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    I beg your pardon, I see the point now, and agree totally.

18. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I don't care what US or Indian or xyz foreign office says, it is not important for my people.

He did some press conference today on reforms in medressahs getting angry on its opposition by noon league. What reforms are being Done? I agree with him that there should be 1 schooling system for all.

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Im waiting to see what he does about zardari gang now when he has all the power. If Zardari survived under his tenure, then my support for Khan will not be of the same level. There is no bigger theif than zardari.

20. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    he wont be able to do anything directly, otherwise it will undermine the whole concept of the impartiality of the judiciary, which will then be a reason for support for nawaz. the only thing he can do is strengthen the judiciary and have the government legislate to expand capacity to clear the backlog of cases.

it will be dependent on who the next CJP will be - I heard it was the guy who ruled against nawaz from the bench in one of his cases perhaps?

the only other thing I have heard from inside sources is that there are extensive files ready on Zardari - but I heard that a few months ago first hand: not from within the PTI government, from independent sources.

21. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    You wouldn't have seen nawaz in adiala if panama papers wouldn't have leaked.

It's nearly impossible to catch our big shots. They couldn't even bring back Altaf Hussain, they have been trying to catch Zardari since ages, even before fhey started on ganju brothers but not yet. Younger Sharif is still roaming freely, and countless others. There is evidence but not enough, our media is extremely inefficient and corrupt. Bus baatein karwalo or kuch naheen!

22. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Oh that's impossible.

23. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

I see excuses are already in line. Nice

24. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    PTI fines MPA Imran Shah Rs0.5m for slapping citizen

KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf slapped a fine of Rs0.5million on its Sindh MPA Imran Ali Shah for beating up a motorist in broad daylight, said the party's provincial leader Firdaus Shamim Naqvi.

Naqvi, while addressing a press conference on Saturday, said that the party has a no-tolerance policy on violence.

A video went viral on social and mainstream media showing Shah, the PTI leader, violently slapping a citizen near Karachi's National Stadium Road.

Following the incident, Shah maintained that he had beaten the motorist for trying to cross his vehicle. In the video, however, it is clearly visible that the MPA's guards also abused the citizen.

[​IMG]

The PTI member, who was elected from the metropolis' North Nazimabad area, reasoned that he "shoved" the citizen as the latter was verbally abusing him.

Shah was subsequently suspended by the party for a month for the physical assault.

"The inquiry was conducted by Rana Zaki and MPA Imran Shah admitted his fault. The disciplinary committee took the decision after taking into account all facts," the PTI leader said.

Naqvi said that the party has directed the provincial lawmaker to pay for the medical treatment of as many as 20 elderly patients residing in Edhi center.

"Imran can be dismissed from the party if we receive complaints against him in future," the PTI leader added.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/208591-pti-fines-mpa-imran-shah-rs05mn-for-slapping-citizen

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Eagerly waiting to hear what Khan's critics have to say after his above shared Senate speech.

27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    @Del I will appreciate the good steps taken by PTI Government even though I am not their supporter. The austerity drive is very good step taken by the Government to reduce unnecessary expenses and waste of public funds. They should continue this in the long run and don't use this just an advertisement stunt. Speeches are nothing unless proven by actions.

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    PTI regime to follow the Swedish governance model

LAHORE: Premier Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is reportedly going to follow the transparent governance model of Sweden, which has the lowest levels of national debt, low and stable inflation and a relatively healthy banking system among the European Union states, research conducted by the "Jang Group and Geo Television Network" shows.

Few vital demographic and economic facts about Sweden: At 450,295 square kilometres, Sweden is the third-largest country in the European Union by area. Sweden has a total population of 10.2 million, of which 2.4 million has a foreign background. According to the Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) definition, only 30.7% of Swedes live in urban areas The total nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Sweden is over $601 billion, twice that of Pakistan!

The nominal Swedish Per Capita GDP is $58,345. Sweden is the 32nd largest export economy in the world. In 2016, Sweden exported commodities totaling $133 billion and imported goods worth $131 billion, resulting in a positive trade balance of $2.39 billion. In 2016, Sweden had a tax-to-GDP ratio of 44.1% compared with the 36-member OECD's average of 34.3% and compared to Pakistan's dismal 12.5 %. The enviable Swedish road to success:

According to Swedish government's official websites, the country's economy used to suffer from low growth and high inflation, and the Swedish krona was repeatedly devalued. Sweden was also hit by a deep financial crisis in the early 1990s. Banks became unstable and two were nationalized, unemployment rose rapidly, government spending got out of control, and so did Sweden’s national debt.

The road back to stability and success was not easy for Sweden. But by pursuing inventive and courageous reforms and sticking to them, Sweden has transformed its economy and stayed strong in the face of the new global recession. Since the crisis of the 1990s, successive Swedish governments have been balancing the budget for over a decade, and have continued to do so even in the wake of the 2007–2008 global financial crises. Sweden reinvented its economic governance with a series of innovative regulations.

First, in 1996 a ceiling for government expenditures was introduced. This was accompanied by the addition of the ‘surplus goal’ for the government budget. These reforms have met with broad support from across the political spectrum in Sweden. They help ensure that high debt doesn’t accumulate and that debt isn’t passed on to future generations.

Additionally, in 2007 the Swedish Fiscal Policy Council was established. This committee of experts audits the government’s policy decisions regarding public finances and aims to ensure that they remain consistent with the goals of growth, employment and long-term financial sustainability. The Swedish government’s credible management of the public finances has meant that Sweden remains in the top league of fiscally responsible countries in Europe. While governments with large budget deficits carry out austerity measures by increasing taxes and cutting public spending, Sweden has avoided these difficulties.

In fact, taxes in Sweden have actually been lowered since the crisis began. Sweden has also continued to invest in areas like healthcare, education and research, instead of having to cut heavily in these areas like in some countries. Research shows that the parliamentary democracy of Sweden has three levels of government: national, regional and local. Approximately seven million people in the country entitled to vote in this Scandinavian nation with thousands of coastal islands and inland lakes, along with vast boreal forests and glaciated mountains. At parliamentary, municipal and county council elections held every four years, voters elect those who are to decide how Sweden is governed and administered.

National level: At the national level, the Swedish people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative powers. Proposals for new laws are presented by the Government which also implements decisions taken by the Riksdag. The Government is assisted in its work by the Government Offices, comprising a number of ministries, and some 400 central government agencies and public administrations. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments. There are many ways of influencing Swedish politics, for example by taking part in referendums, joining a political party or sending in your comments on reports presented by the Government.

Regional level: Sweden is divided into 21 counties. Political tasks at this level are undertaken on the one hand by the county councils, whose decision-makers are directly elected by the people of the county and, on the other, by the county administrative boards which are government bodies in the counties. Some public authorities also operate at regional and local levels, for example through county boards.

Local level: Sweden has 290 municipalities. Each municipality has an elected assembly, the municipal council, which takes decisions on municipal matters. The municipal council appoints the municipal executive board, which leads and coordinates municipality work.

The Constitution: Basic provisions defining how Sweden shall be governed are enshrined in the Constitution. In these fundamental laws the relationship between decision-making and executive power is set out and also the freedoms and rights enjoyed by citizens. Among other things, the Instrument of Government guarantees citizens the right to freely procure information, hold demonstrations, form political parties and practice their religion.

The Freedom of the Press Act: In another of the fundamental laws, the Freedom of the Press Act, the principle of public access to official documents is set out in order to guarantee an open society with access to information about the work of the Riksdag, the Government and public agencies. This openness entitles the Swedish people to study official documents. Anyone may avail him/herself of this possibility whenever they wish.

Division of responsibility between levels of government: The Swedish Constitution contains provisions defining the relationship between decision-making and executive power. The 1992 Swedish Local Government Act regulates division into municipalities and the organization and powers of the municipalities and county councils. It also contains rules for elected representatives, municipal councils, executive boards and committees.

The division of tasks between central government and municipalities has changed over the years. Activities have chiefly been transferred from central government to municipal bodies, inter alia for democratic reasons. In municipalities it is easier to maintain continuous contact between decision-makers and the private individual The Government has appointed a parliamentary committee, the Committee on Public Sector Responsibilities, which has been instructed to look into the division of responsibility between different levels of government In addition, there is the European level which has acquired increasing importance following Sweden's entry into the European Union.

The European level: On entering the EU in 1995, Sweden acquired a further level of government: the European level. As a member of the Union, Sweden takes part in the decision-making process when new common rules are drafted and approved. Sweden is represented by the Government in the European Council of Ministers, which is the EU's principal decision-making body.

https://timesofislamabad.com/27-Aug-2018/pti-regime-to-follow-the-swedish-governance-model

29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    This is an excellent news, because we can learn a lot from Sweden and I really hope that Khan himself will go to Sweden or will send his team to learn from Swedish experience. We can certainly take a leaf out of Sweden's book, specially in education, because their universities are among top universities in the world. If I am not mistaken there is a Pakistan Swedish institute of tech in Karachi - we need to have many more like this.

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    As per Dunya Newspaper, soon Intelligence Bureau Chief will be appointed which could be current serving Army Officer or a former one. Also Punjab Police to go through massive changes from officers getting thrown out to new and hard working officers being given senior and strong positions with full freedom to do the work as they deem best.

32. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Some other news:

PTI 5 years ago in 2013 on forming the KPK government promised to eradicate funds allocated to MPAs, exactly the same promise they have made this time round to MNAs after forming the federal government.

Now important thing is to see if PTI fulfilled their promise (which was part of their manifesto as well) after having ruled in KPK for five years? the answer is No. It did not happen despite all the fanfare and publicity. It makes it difficult to believe the current promises will be fulfilled.

https://jang.com.pk/news/541098

33. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
  34. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    And our own Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, the Railway minister is continuing with his typical bazari language and angry outbursts in the Railway meetings. Funny thing when Minister sahab was given a factual information that the Railway revenue increased last year compared to previous years, he went ballistic, ordering his officers never to praise any past minister in his presence and don't narrate to him Razia Butt's novel stories lol

35. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    A brilliant speech yesterday by PM in the senate

I wish he stayed after finishing his speech and listen to other senators as well, which was the right and moral thing to do but bhalla ho Fawad Choudhary ki, as usual kaptaan sahab ke kaan bharne aur ghalat advice dene mein sabse pehle.....

https://jang.com.pk/news/541088

36. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
  37. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    So IB will turn into another MI.

38. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  39. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    This is utter hogwash and I could never ever support it. This matter related to Khan directly and he should look into this to sort it out.