Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
  2. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Are you illiterate or stupid? It tells you exactly why, HOWEVER I think you being a complete imbecile will draw comparisons between Indian oppression in kashmir and the annual sectarian shitshow in Pakistan.

Heres the ultimate distinction, one has as its primary purpose to save lives while the other is a cynical attempt to keep Kashmiris in the dark.

3. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Breaking: After the rampant videos of barbaric and out of control inhumane police actions have been going viral for the past few days, the police has decided to ban mobile phones from being taken inside a Thana.

Remember IK promised police reforms after Sialkot incident. #justptithings

4. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
  5. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    There is no denying the attitude of police and other law enforcement agencies has become even more barbaric and fearless after PTI came to power. And then some idiots like me expected the police and co. to become more professional and accountable in the new Medina State.

Yaar loag ab bhi kehte hain thora aur intezaar, par kahan jaye yeh dukho ki maari awaam lol.

The relationship between this government and dukhi awaam is so beautifully summarised by chacha Ghalib!

Aah Ko Chahea Ek Umer Asar Hone Tak.......Kon Jeta Hai Teri Zulf K Sar Hone Tak?

Hum Ne Mana Keh Tagafil Na Karo Gay Lekin....... Khaak Ho Jain Gay Hum Tum Ko Khabar Hone Tak!!!!

:(:(:(

6. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Good news.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...ices-restored-in-restive-waziristan-1.2216789

Islamabad: Residents of Pakistan’s tribal South Waziristan region will now have access to communication services like internet and mobile phones as cellular services would be restored after at least six years of suspension.

“Within the next 10 to 12 days, cellular services will be restored in the area,” the political administration officials said on Saturday.

The decision to relaunch services was declared after an improvement in the law and order situation in the region.

7. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Regarding police brutality and other similar recent incidents, watch below video. Junaid explains what could be actually wrong. This isn't a PTI govt issue, but what are they doing to resolve this problem?

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    @Del look at this religious scholar once again exposing his hypocrisy and agenda by sharing part of news to mislead others and prove his agenda. I dont know how these guys give sermons on religious issues and then indulged in such sins.

For a starter, the rule is for police officers not someone visiting police station.

And second IG also said that there wont be any physical harrassment in Jail.

But he will present only what suits his pov despite reading all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Once again, instead of actually talking about the obvious attempt to hiding the brutalities, Insafians are pointing fingers on how the person who is talking about this issue is the real issue.. Not much better than the IG and the police.

https://blog.siasat.pk/custodial-de...si8eQrHOp7W1mDKq0yHWG_RjB25jWEXQNrZSSIHgrzY5E

10. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    And a huge LOL at thinking that "there won't be any physical harassment in jails" means everything's gonna end now.

Love really makes people blind. The love of PTI and IK..

11. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Lmao! who told you this? what happened to your intelligence? why on earth police will ban their own from making video footage and allow general public? such a nonsensical thing to say! loves makes you blind....as well as stupid

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Only SHO or whoever is the head of police station is allowed to keep camera or mobile camera not these lower level police guys.

I dont know about you but it is same as in UK.

Next thing they need to do is to install cctvs in all police stations.

Anyways back to the point, this ban is on police guys not common people. Go and read notification of IG again.

13. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    And yeah i prefer to be blind and expecting a guy to deliver in his 5 year term rather than driven by hate/agenda and then give sermons in other threads.

14. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015

The letter asserted that it was “strictly forbidden” to make a video of police officers on duty or upload a video of police officers performing their duty and any violation will result in “severe departmental action” against the police personnel involved as well as their supervisory officer.

15. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I am happy for PTI to stay in power for 5 years, it does not mean I become blind, deaf and senseless.

16. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

Except that the same party didn't let a democratically elected government work in peace.
    126 days of fahashi and badmashi.

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Neither am i. I have called them out whenver necessary.

Besides you must be naive that this happening only now ? This used to happen on daily basis before. Who can forget model town ? Shown live on TV and nothing happened.

This issues are raised now because people expect pti to deliver and rightly bashed for their incompetence regarding police reforms. I havent turned a blind eye towards them but some are behaving that it was all good before and this is because of IK.

18. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I bashed Nawaz for five years, I bashed Zardari for five years, everybody was happy then, now when I criticize the PTI legitimately, I get categorized as a hater, Nawaz/zardari supporter, why is that?

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    My post about hate wasnt about you. I genuinely believe your aim is same as most insafians which is betterment of Pakistan. You dont get anything out of it personally whether he fails or suceeds.

20. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Insafians..using the word Insaf for youthiyas is an injustice to the word justice.

21. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I will be livid if he fails, he is the only hope remaining, but you know it hurts when it slowly dawns onto you the only hope you had was just an illusions, a farce, an empty promise.

At least, at least, at the bare minimum, at the barest minimum, Imran could come out once in a while and say a thing or two about such atrocities, but alas, hope is losing hope now.

22. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

According to Bhatti, the favorite PTI anchor, IK is still adamant that Buzdar is the best choice for Punjab.

Bechara Bhatti is face-palming now.

23. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    c'mon yaar, even Saqib Nisar commanded more respect for picking up issues concerning ordinary citizens. IK used to raise voice for injustices inflicted on common men when he was in opposition, now as a PM, where did his empathy go?

You guys keep saying PTI should not be criticized for such incidents as these have ingrained in our culture for a long time and nothing new, and I agree, but then what is the difference? where is the change? I just cant see any signs of any improvement in lives of common men. There is an old saying 'Its not the number of years in your life that is important, but the years themselves'. A single year could have been sufficient to at least give some indication of intent, motivation and direction, but sadly things are even regressing.

Anyways I should just stop bothering.

24. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

Respect for you. Hats off for calling a spade a spade.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I must say, frequency of such unfortunate incidents are on the rise, which is troublesome. I dont understand why Police reforms are taking too long? Whats the hurdle?

And as for this shit Buzdar, I am not sure for how long Khan will tolerate him more. Not sure what are his accomplishments to this date.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    That is not entirely true, because current Govt has started programs like Sehat Sahulat Program, Ehsas Program, Shelter Homes for homeless & pilot project Naya Pakistan housing program has kicked off as well.

At least give credit when its due.

27. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Speaking of performance, wondering what our experts will have to say on this report issued by Asian Development Bank.

@godzilla @Passionate Pakistani - you guys may wanna check this out...

ADB has issued its report on last three years of Pakistan previous govt economic failure. According to which, from 2015 to 2018 economic situation was deteriorated and unemployment increased.

ADB revealed last three years performance of PML-N Govt in its report. From 2015 - 2018, unemployment raised, export were down and dollar was strengthen.

As per the report, Pakistan's labor force was reduced from 45.2 to 44.2. Women employment went down from 22 to 20.1 per cent. In 2018 country's total debt reached 6.5, which were 5.8 in 2017.

Also, unemployment rate was risen from 5.8 to 5.9.

Moreover, dollar rate was increased from 110 to 121.8. Foreign exchange reserves dropped 9 billion in 2018, which were 20 billion in 2015 (difference of 11 billion dollars).

http://urdu.dunyanews.tv/index.php/ur/Business/508784/

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Govt finalises plan to increase power generation capacity by three times

The IGCEP envisages addition of about 98,100MW to national grid by 2040 including 16,000MW through renewable sources — wind, solar, baggasse etc.
    ISLAMABAD: The government plans to increase the country’s power generation capacity by almost 300 per cent in next 20 years to 111,000 megawatts and phase out almost all of the existing thermal power plants to meet rising energy demand at affordable costs.

The move is part of the Indicative Generation Capacity Expansion Plan (IGCEP) 2018-40 finalised by the National Transmission and Despatch Company in consultation with all the federal and provincial agencies and private sector consultants to ensure low-cost development of future projects and to comply with regulator’s Grid Code obligations.

The IGCEP 2018-40 represents the first complete iteration of an integrated planning exercise for the power sector of the country and will be revised every year on the basis of ground realities including growth trajectory, consumption patterns and completion or delays in projects to ensure regulatory compliance.

The plan puts current total capacity at about 29,000MW even though total installed capacity stands at about 33,500MW including about 3,000MW of coal-based plants, 9,700MW of hydropower plants, 20,000MW of thermal plants besides 1,345MW of nuclear and 1,900MW of renewables. As such, 61pc contribution comes from all thermal sources, 29pc hydro, 6pc from renewables and 4pc nuclear. Power generation goes up to 153,000 Gigawatt Hour (GWh ) at present.

Thermal plants will be phased out in 20 years

The plan has been firmed up on basis of three different economic growth scenarios until 2040. At 4.5pc GDP growth rate, the government will have to increase its generation capacity to 65,100MW to generate 370,500GWh. In case of 5.5pc GDP growth rate, the capacity would need to be expanded to 80,500MW to generate 458,000GWh. In high growth rate of 7pc, the capacity will be increased to 111,000MW to make available about 630,500 GWh.

Under the plan, the government has firm plans for capacity addition of about 17,300MW by 2025 including 6,000MW in public sector and 11,300MW in the private sector. By the year 2030, another 8,600MW would be added to the system.

The IGCEP is targeting a total capacity addition of about 98,100MW by 2040. This would include about 29,000MW of hydropower plants followed by 20,000MW through local coal-based plants, mostly in Thar. The nuclear power generation capacity would go beyond 4,300MW as a series of large plants of 1,100MW each are completed. The plan envisages decreasing the capacity of Liquiefied Natural Gas-based plants while a total of about 9,000MW current oil-based plants would be phased out by 2040.

On the other hand, about 16,000MW capacity addition has been planned through renewable sources — wind, solar, baggasse etc — while imported coal-based generation capacity would increase to 5,000MW.

The plan is also based on existing policy limitations and system constraints. For example, 66pc energy for Regassified Liquid Natural (RLNG) projects is on ‘take or pay basis’. Although cheaper plants are available for dispatch but their generation has been curtailed to account for RLNG contractual obligations. There is a need to ponder, ascertain and establish how the fuel contracts will be negotiated in the renewal phase of these projects with respect to minimum take-or-pay fuel requirements, the plan advocates.

All strategic projects have been considered for the plan. In the long term, the policy will continue to focus on least cost generation options and on harnessing indigenous resources, particularly Thar coal and renewable in south and hydro potential in the north.

In this regard, a project is considered as committed provided the project is already under construction or has achieved financial close or has strategic importance i.e. China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Project or Public Sector Committed Projects. It also takes into account the commercial operation dates for committed and candidate power projects conveyed by project executing agencies and further rationalised by the Prime Minister’s Task Force for Energy Reforms.

Wind and solar power would be developed in the blocks of 500MW and and 400MW respectively, from the year 2021-22 and onward. Due to high-annualised cost, projects like Chiniot, Kaigah, Tungas, Yalbo and Basho have not been included for this report. Likewise, 1,320 MW Oracle Thar-Based plant, though being a CPEC project, has not been considered as a committed one because of its changing characteristics and completion timelines.

From year 2019, the gap between nominal capacity and the demand is steadily widening, and the same starts surpassing the peak load of the system. In the year 2032, the cumulative nominal capacity is estimated at 62,979MW whereas the peak load is projected at 50,306MW, thus a wide disparity of around 13,000MW exists between the two parameters and the capacity is in surplus as compared to demand.

In 2040, the last projected year for the IGCEP, the total nominal capacity in the system stands at 98,091MW against a peak load projected as 80,425MW. Therefore, a significant surplus of around 17,600MW has been estimated between the projected demand and the installed capacity, as a spinning reserve.

With the current costs of renewable energy, as well as the increase in costs for imported fuels and currency devaluation, the least cost generation plan utilises large quantities of hydro capacity, Thar Coal-based generation and renewable energy which is in line with the general policy view to reduce dependence on imported fuels from the perspective of energy security, sustainability and affordability ultimately yielding significant reduction in foreign reserve requirements pertaining to imported fuels.

The plan did not take into account the impact of demand side management and net-metering because of non-existent or ineffective policy direction.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1504502/g...ease-power-generation-capacity-by-three-times

29. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Cost of 10MW plant is about a $1 Billion

10,000MW = $1000 billion

Assuming things are cheaper in Subcontinent and cost is half, it will be a $500B for the plants alone. Now add, distribution infrastructure.

Big bill coming for Pak govt.

30. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Contrarian viewpoint.

https://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/...worry-about-his-own-country-and-then-kashmir/

While Pakistan has tried to raise the Kashmir issue on the global stage, Prime Minister Imran Khan has to realise that that is really all he can do. The Foreign Office and Shah Mahmood Qureshi will now continue to raise a voice for the people of Indian-occupied Kashmir (IoK) on the international platform, and Imran should now focus on the domestic issues in Pakistan. After all, that’s what he was elected to do. But this seems unlikely.

Here are a few things that Imran should focus his attention towards instead.

Economic turmoil

The current budget deficit has soared to Rs3.45 trillion, which has only broken the back of an already struggling economy. For any government, the first priority must always be the betterment of the economic conditions in the nation in order to attract investors and capital. The devaluation of the rupee has not only resulted in rising external debts, but it has almost brought to a standstill the circulation of capital in the economy because of reluctant investors.

Imran’s narrative of shifting the blame of all the economic failures onto previous regimes is also losing steam since it has been more than a year since he has been at the helm of affairs. The automobile industry in particular is suffering, and both Indus and Honda have cut their production because inflation and price hikes have decreased the demand for their cars. A similar fate has befallen the real estate sector and the finance advisor to Imran, Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, has already said that the road towards an economic revival will be a difficult one.

Perhaps Imran should be paying slightly closer attention towards Pakistan’s crumbling economy.

Health sector

Ever since the devaluation of the currency, the masses have been left at the mercy of pharmaceutical companies because medicine prices have skyrocketed. As a result, the fees charged by government hospitals are now continuing to spike up. ‘The Holy Family Hospital’ in Rawalpindi is currently charging around Rs1200 for the Dengue fever test. This is happening at a time when the prices of life-saving drugs are rising every month and dengue fever in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad is spreading at an alarming rate. The hue and cry which erupted due to the Medical Teaching Institutions (MTI) Act will only further convolute our public healthcare system and hospital buildings, which are already in a pitiful state. If Imran were to visit some government hospitals, he would come to know that they are short of medicines and basic life-saving drugs.

Police reforms

The recent killing of Salahuddin Ayubi while he was in police custody has shocked the country. From the Sahiwal massacre to the Ayubi case, there have been numerous instances of police brutality, making it all the more apparent that the police sector needs to be reformed immediately. However, other than tall claims of taking immediate action and saying that justice will be provided to the aggrieved families, it is evident that nothing will change in the long-run.

Currently, the police seem to be acting on their own whim since they know that no one will be held accountable and the few suspensions or judicial inquiries will ultimately change nothing. If Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) cannot protect its own citizens from extrajudicial killings by the police department, then one wonders why the party claims that it is more concerned with the common man’s well-being than other political parties.

A flooded country

Pakistan is currently experiencing monsoon season and as a result major cities are drowning due to urban flooding. People are dying due to electrocution, roads are flooded, Karachi is turning into a dump city rather than a metropolitan city, and not much is being done about it except for a few empty promises of short-term policies.

An inefficient cabinet

The PTI cabinet seems unaware of the economic and political turmoil in the country. Most of the ministers like to spend time on Twitter or talk shows, accusing their political opponents of the current woes faced by the country. While this may give them some ratings and acceptability among the die-hard PTI voters, it does not address the problems of their relevant ministries.

Let’s take the Pakistan railways as an example. Like it or not, during Khawaja Saad Rafique’s in tenure as railway minister, at least it was a reliable source of transportation and logistics. However, since Sheikh Rasheed has taken charge, the railway sector has been on a constant decline and ultimately, this will only further the financial losses in the sector. Instead of threatening India with the use of nuclear arms, Rasheed should put his head down and get to work on Pakistan’s railways.

Similarly, the likes of Shireen Mazari and Fawad Chaudhry continue to meddle in affairs which simply do not concern them. Perhaps Imran should work a little harder on trying to delegate responsibilities to his cabinet.

Imran and his cabinet can devote as much time as they like for the Kashmir cause, but they need to fix Pakistan’s domestic issues on a priority basis, otherwise they will find themselves in a situation where public opinion at large will start to turn against them. Wasting time on symbolic acts like joining Defence Day and Independence Day with Kashmir Solidarity Day will benefit no one. The crisis in Kashmir should not take away from the issues plaguing Pakistan.

PM Imran needs to put Pakistan first. He can’t be shouting for help for his neighbour while his own house is on fire.

31. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    You are really trying hard, really!

32. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

‏PTI کا نظریہ عمران خان کا تھا، ووٹ انکو پڑا ہے۔ بزدار صاحب کو وزیراعلی بنانے کا فیصلہ انہوں نے کیا ہے اگر کسی کو پسند نہیں PTI چھوڑ دے۔ بزدار صاحب کے بال یا بولنے کا لہجہ اچھا نہیں لگتا میں کچھ نہیں کرسکتا اور آپ بھی کچھ نہیں کرسکتے کیونکہ PM نے انہیں 5 سال کیلئے وزیراعلی کہا ہے۔ https://t.co/zRJPLnGEaB‎

Salman Gill gives you the advice to leave PTI if you don't like Buzdar

33. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    So you cherry picked one of my post and conveniently ignored the others - nice, carry on.

34. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    And people here had problems with IPL having cheerleaders. But belly dancing aside, begging from Azerbaijan should be considered a new low even by Pak standards.

35. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Not really, just expected better from you! but in case if you wanted to be lumped up with others then its fine...

36. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    So Del, did you happen to check on the numbers I posted? Are these plans for real? If so where is Pak going to to find $500B in capital investments? or are they PR puff pieces like Microsofts vaporware?

37. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am not part of current cabinet so time will tell if plans are real or unreal. Why dont you do all of us a favor, since you're online almost 24/7. Why dont you tweet and raise this excellent point and also keep all us in loop?

38. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I believe I do and you know it too. I don't hesitate acknowledge wrong doings of PTI Govt, just like I did in #945.

Now on contrary, I never saw any acknowledgment from you or others critics on post #10 of the following and this is why I call people have double standards.

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/t...ns-and-non-pti-supporters.51389/#post-1430011

39. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    The problem is that my friend, the type of reports and 'achievements' you work hard to dig out and post here can also be presented by the supporters of others if you crawl through the internet. Year to year things go up and down in a macro-analysis and many of these are natural fluctuations in different parameters concerning a country's economy e.g The Amnesty International gives year-on-year statistics to show the corruption had dropped and was infact at its lowest levels since the 90s in Nawaz era, now it does not mean it reflects reality and you can also not doubt the intentions of Amnesty International etc yet Nawaz and Zardari both were utterly corrupt.

When real change comes, it is visible, palpable, and can be sensed, you wouldn't need to search for and copy-paste info from the internet. You don't really have to do it, nobody gives a hoot to what you post about this govt's achievements, neither does anyone care about the negative posts being posted on this thread. You just ask a common man (not a PTI supporter) and ask them how they feel about this govt's progress and you will get your answer. All those achievements and milestones mean nothing if don't make any difference in the life of ordinary citizens. And the irony is that, PTI supporters will accuse any common citizen of being a patwari or a jayala if they criticise the PTI govt, its like you guys rank people only as if they were only with you or against you.

40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And this is why precisely emphasis on those projects, which are directly effecting life's of civilian i.e. Sehat Sahulat Program, Ehsas Program & Shelter Homes for homeless. I have seen many programs (you can search them too) and you will find people praising efforts of sitting Gov. Now can I dare of ask, A) when such initiatives or pilot programs were launched in past? B) You said such milestones dont make any difference towards the life of civilians, may I ask what make you say this? Because I know you dont live in Pakistan, so there must be something upon which you said it.

That said, I will also like to see this Govt make more efforts and take initiatives which will make life easier for civilians, for instance, Police reforms, spend money on education, build new Gov hospitals and generate employment opportunities. And thats why I want to give them a full term.

Last but not the least, and this is a open question for all.

I know many dont like and want Khan and PTI Govt and have declared it failed. Hypothetically speaking, if you are to pick another option, than what that option will be? PML-N or PPP (because there is no 4th option)?