Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Neither, have said before will never accept the two old crooks anywhere near the PM house.

And I did not say this govt. has failed, my point being this govt. has not shown much evidence it will succeed. If I had a choice, I'd rather take Murad Saeed, Sheerin Mazari or Shafqat Mehmood as PM. They all are PTI personnel but believe me I have reached a stage I trust them people more than someone who takes pride in taking swallowing his own spitted saliva (aka U-turn).

We all want the change, well all want it desperately, IK was the only change we could have, and then we became romantically obsessed with him becoming our saviour, do you ever, ever, in your heart, feel he was the man who, despite his good intentions, was primarily driven by personal ambition and glory? did we make a mistake?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Good answer :) and this is where I second you, yes they havent done as much as they shouldve and thats why I am keep repeating it that I am willing to give them 4 more years.

3. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Ok. But he must speak up more on the nearly daily atrocities being inflicted on common men by police and law enforcing agencies.

He should take personal interest in assessing the performance of all the ministers and advisors.

He should first start by either fulfilling all(or atleast some of) the promises he made e.g weekly Q&A sessions in the parliament, Job creations, turning PM house into a university etc etc or if is unable to do so by whatever reasons, then man up and admit he promised things he could not deliver.

Unless you accept and admit your mistakes, you cannot work on rectifying them, you have to come out of your ego, think beyond personal ambition and glory, and pleaseeee! stop labelling pakistan as the most corrupt country in the world on foreign tours, and there is no need to mention Fazlu, Nawaz, Zardari, NRO etc etc in each and every speech you make in or out of the country. Talk about your own achievements if you have any, or atleast talk about your plans and ambitions, dont stoop yourself to same level as your opponents.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Again, I second you and also I am waiting to hear on another big promise he made, formation of South Punjab Province.

As for weekly Q&A sessions in the parliament, I think he has tried, but opposition never allows him to talk and start mud slinging all the time.

5. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    You are an intelligent guy, I'd give you that knowing you from your posts. If you carefully and with an open neutral mind look at IK over last few years, you will notice as he struggled through the years, he slowly and very subtly gradually moved from an extremely principled person to someone who will make promises, break promises, make friends, discard friends, make allays, make enemies, use every opportunity at disposal to attack his opponents for things and events that he himself will go on to allow under his watch, and the more you look at it, the more skeptical you get. Anyways.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you Doctor sahab, since we are talking issues, what I personally want from Khan and PTI is that they should heed towards Karachi a bit. The city has given them votes and in return I expect them to put their foot down and resolve, waste management, sewerage and clean drinkable water issues. Otherwise, Karachiites might not vote them next time.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    PIA witnesses record rise in revenue; up to 45 per cent this year

According to the ARY News representative, PIA witnessed 45 per cent rise in revenue within the last six month of the current fiscal year which generated income of Rs63 billion. The state-owned entity had managed to get Rs43 billion revenue in the six of the previous year.

The milestone was achieved by the major cut on unnecessary expenditures up to Rs3 billion which is now reduced to Rs1.70 billion by the administration of the current PIA chief executive officer Air Marshal Arshad Malik.

Sources said that the income was increased up to 43 pc over per kilometre, whereas, PIA’s earning in the current year hiked up to 84 pc in SAT factor.

It is pertinent to mention here that the SAT factor of PIA had been recorded up to 77 per cent but the national flag-carrier retained its lead in IATA’s [International Air Transport Association] SAT factor this year.

https://arynews.tv/en/pia-record-revenue-2019/

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan To Export Engineering Goods To African Countries

Prime Minister’s Adviser for Trade Abdul Razzaq Dawood says Pakistan’s engineering goods have begun to go to African countries. A contract to supply 5,000 tractors to Angola has been signed says, PM’s Advisor. Moreover, the export of home appliances to Europe is also in progress.

Briefing the Senate Standing Committee on Trade and Textiles, chaired by Senator Mirza Mohammad Afridi, Advisor Trade said that Pakistan’s engineering products are exported to African countries. Furthermore, soon Pakistan will export 10,000 water dispensers to Europe. It is a good initiative that Europe has started to import goods form Pakistan.

He further stated that in November a delegation of Pakistani engineering companies would participate in the exhibition in China. Our textile exports have a tendency to increase. On the other hand, Yarn exports declined by 18% and gray cloth exports by 22%.

https://blog.siasat.pk/pakistan-to-export-engineering-goods-to-african-countries/

9. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Thanks for clarifying that you are not part of the current cabinet. But I figured you might have some common sense to recognize cost of proposed plans and how realistic they are and would be willing to express you evaluation of the plans. Anyway, Carry on.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "Carry on", huh, I should be the one telling you to carry on man, jeez (when I never get answers of my question than why would I evaluate anything for you?). Go get some life.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  11. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    one of the things i like about Khan is he at least on picture makes a great statesman, his confidence, body language, command at English, and overall knowledge of the West and their way of life really helps when he meets head of states of other nations. His meeting with Trump was a prime example.

I like the fact he has gotten closer to Trump, people who are egoistic self-centered bastards are easy to please and manipulate into your favor, and Khan read it precisely, just like Netanyahu, MBS, Marcon and Putin did.

12. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    A lot of uturns coming up and a lot of people who the youthiyas used to defend will be forced to resign.. Becharay youthiyas will now praise IKs decision making and uturns.

Salman Gill resigns..

13. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    PMIK suggests that 1.2B musims will resort to extremism becos of Kashmir.

Are brit muslims going to resort to extremism?

Have they done that on behalf of palestinians? I mean Zia-ul-haq helped kill Palestinians in Jordan. saudis are busy kiiling Yemenis. chinese are abusing uighurs. that hasn;t given rise to extremism in ummah, but Kashmir issue will?

Is PMIK really that deluded? or is he making up for his lack of options with a lot of noise?

14. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

[​IMG]

I hope you can read Urdu. Waiting for your apology on your slander.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I can read and i hope you can also read english where there was no such mention in IG order. And yeah i dont owe anything to anyone especially to hypocrites.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    by implying global extremism among muslims over Kashmir, is PMIK fanning the flames of islamophobia?

17. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    You still not getting it. The notification does not specify the mobile phone restriction is for police only, and it also says 'no video recording of police personnel on duty is allowed'. The statement is deliberately made ambiguous but its blatantly clear what its true motive is.

18. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    As in most things in life, the more important message is not what is being conveyed, but what which was is not.

19. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

The picture I posted above is of a Thana which says Welcome, Dear visitors, please submit your mobiles here. From SHO.

It's honestly clear as daylight but Summum Bukmum Umyun...

20. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    So you get the nuances there but you fail to see them anywhere else?
    Since you concerned with the spread of islamophobia, maybe you can tell us why hate crimes have significantly increased under modi's watch.

21. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    so you do agree that PMIK is providing justification for islamophobia and linking to islam to terrorism.

22. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    How did you come to that conclusion? :D I need to read or see what Khan said.. Because tbh your judgement is questionable.

23. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Religion of Peace.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2057158/1-mob-runs-riot-ghotki-hindu-teacher-booked-alleged-blasphemy/

GHOTKI:

Law enforcers are on alert in Sindh’s District Ghotki as reports emerge of rioting and violence by a mob after a Hindu school teacher was booked on charges of blasphemy.

The mob attacked a school – Sindh Public School – and desecrated a temple in the area over accusations of blasphemy against the school principal, who is from the Hindu community.

Reports suggest houses of Hindu families have also been attacked and the mob has blocked off roads in the area.

[​IMG]
    PHOTO: TWITTER

The rioting comes after a student accused the Hindu teacher of allegedly passing blasphemous remarks.

Blasphemy allegations: Ghotki on edge as mob demands ‘justice’

[​IMG]

An FIR registered against the accused teacher on behalf of the student’s father includes Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code, which pertains to the use of derogatory remarks against the Holy Prophet (PBUH).

[​IMG]

Activists and journalists used Twitter to share videos and images of the rioting in Ghotki, and appealed to the Sindh government and law enforcement agencies to protect the vulnerable Hindu community.

Sukkur Additional IGP Dr Jamil Ahmed confirmed the worrying developments in a tweet, saying that police were “trying to deal with a serious situation”.

The rioters allegedly include supporters of notorious religious leader Pir Abdul Haq alias Mian Mithu, who is widely accused of involvement in forced conversion of Hindu women in Sindh.

Facebook Conversations

24. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    How didnyou come to that conclusion? :D

I was merely commenting on your concern. For me to say anything about khan's comments I need to see them. I don't trust Indian sources and I sure as hell can't trust you. You see stuff that isn't there...

25. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    http://saudigazette.com.sa/article/577195

MUZAFFARABAD, Pakistan — India's crackdown on protests and dissent in Kashmir will drive more of the world's Muslims into extremism, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said during a fiery speech on Friday, in the part of the disputed territory administered by Pakistan.

India revoked the special status of its portion of Kashmir, known as Jammu and Kashmir, on Aug. 5 and moved to quell unrest by clamping down on communications and freedom of movement. Authorities in Indian Kashmir have arrested nearly 4,000 people since then, government data seen by Reuters showed.

"When atrocities get to their peak, people would prefer that death is better than this insulting life," Khan said at a rally of several thousand people in Muzaffarabad, the capital of Azad Kashmir.

"I want to tell India that, by detaining thousands of people, you are pushing people into extremism," he said.

"People will rise against India, and it is not just about Indian Muslims, there are 1.25 billion Muslims around the world. They all are watching this."

Khan said he would attend the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week to defend Kashmiris' cause.

He urged people in Azad Kashmir not to approach the Line of Control that separates it from Indian-controlled Kashmir, but to wait for him to press their case in New York.

On Tuesday, Pakistan's foreign minister told the United Nations human rights forum that India's military presence in Kashmir raised the specter of genocide.

The Delhi government has said its abolition of Kashmir's special status, which had allowed it to write many of its own laws, is meant to help to combat terrorism and to boost the region's economic development.

About two-thirds of the population of Jammu and Kashmir is Muslim, while India has an overall Hindu majority.

India rules the heavily populated Kashmir Valley and the Hindu-dominated region around Jammu city, while Pakistan controls a wedge of territory in the west. China holds a thinly populated high-altitude area in the north. — Reuters

26. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Ahhh there it's!! The moron talks about islamophobia and in the first sentence states openly 'religion of peace'

Thank you for proving my point. Ladies and gentleman of the jury, this is why I call him a moron and village idiot.
    He can't even put together a coherent argument. :D

27. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    "People will rise against India, and it is not just about Indian Muslims, there are 1.25 billion Muslims around the world. They all are watching this."
    The imbecile took this as a call to jihad... This is the morons ignorance in full display

28. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Saudi gazette seems to think so. here is title of the article

India's crackdown on Kashmir will spur global Muslim extremism: Pakistani PM

29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    People are rising against India, every respectable news outlet sees Indias actions for what they are.
    Yes there are 1.25 billion Muslims and the only option you think they have is violence you moron?
    Wow so all 1.25 billion of us are going extreme? No one told me.
    That headline is editorialised. And where exactly is Ik encouraging global extremism?
    You pick and chose what you want to believe.. When other outlets banded about talk of suppression and dissent you whined about an anti Indian biase.
    So basically it's 'if anything can even mildly support an Indian stance yaaay its a good source... If not its biased'

Lol I have to say the idiot talked about islamophobia and on the other hand used an anti Muslim jibe... Dumbass. This is why I call village idiot Intellectually and morally dishonest.

30. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    But heeey since @pat has deemed the Saudi gazette a reputable source let's see what else they say...
    http://saudigazette.com.sa/article/574192/Kashmir-is-under-attack
    THE current Indian government has acted swiftly and against all international norms, beginning with the use of cluster bombs against the civilian population of Kashmir, and has followed it by an invasion of 10,000 more troops to bolster the existing ones there.

To protect itself from censure and prevent ground realities from escaping the killing zones, it has cut off all internet and other means of communication in the region. It has also unilaterally abrogated decades-long agreements that were in place to ensure that the Kashmiris would one day have their say on self-determination.

31. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    We all know what is saudi stance on islamic terrorism. May be there using to promote more violence against kafirs.

32. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Its amazing how you addressed the continued violence against non-muslims in Pak, the islamic republic of peace

33. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Man I admire your ability to flip flop... When you can spin something that suits your bigotry its a case of 'yaaay for the Saudi gazette' when it accuses India of crimes and breaching norms it 'Saudis baaad' :D
    Your arguments have fallen flat. In fact I suggest you hush.

34. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Lol I love how you suddenly change arguments to something completely different. You should continue to play victim.

35. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Children rape, murder case: Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan sacks senior police officers in Kasur

[​IMG]

Dubai: Following reports of rape and murder of three children, all senior police officers in Kasur district where the heinous crime happened, have been removed.

Imran says that strict action would be taken against police officials who are responsible for negligence in Kasur incident.

“On the Kasur incident: There will be accountability for all. Those who do not perform in the interest of the common man will be taken to task. Following actions have so far been taken by the Punjab police and the provincial government,”
    Imran Khan tweeted on Wednesday after the report of murder after alleged rape made the headlines

He said District Police Officer (DPO) Kasur is being removed, Superintendent of Police (SP) Investigation Kasur has surrendered, charge sheeted and being proceeded against. He said that Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) and Station House Officer (SHO) who is in charge of the police station concerned have also been suspended.

On the Kasur incident: There will be accountability for all. Those who do not perform in the interest of the common man will be taken to task. Following actions have so far been taken by the Punjab police & the provincial govt:

1) DPO Kasur being removed.

— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) September 18, 2019

Prime Minister Imran said major overhaul in Kasur local police is also on the cards and a formal probe is ordered under Additional Inspector General of police.

2) SP investigation Kasur surrendered, charge sheeted and being proceeded against.

3) DSP and SHO suspended.

4) Major overhaul in Kasur local police on the cards.

5) Formal probe ordered under Addl IG.

— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) September 18, 2019

The incident happened in Kasur district located some 52km south of Lahore in Punjab province of Pakistan. The murders and rape of these children are an uneasy reminder of the horrific rape and murder of six-year-old girl Zainab Ansari case, which lead to widespread outrage and protests across the country. Zainab’s body was found in a trash heap in Kasur in January 2018.

The rape and murder of three minor children in Kasur has sparked protests across the city. Protesters have shut down shops and transport in some areas.

The trade association of the city and the local bar association had called for a strike after the decomposed bodies of the three children who were missing for weeks, were discovered by authorities yesterday.

Nine people have been arrested in relation to the case, the district police officer told the media on Wednesday.

The protesters also targeted a police station and pelted it with stones as anger over the incident spills over into different parts of the Chunian locality.

Three children raped and murdered, protests in Punjab’s Kasur district. Where is rule of law..? Who is responsible? #قصور_کے_اصل_مجرم_محفوظ#TeamAntiMafiapic.twitter.com/vwZ8HzLrmr

— Faisal Shahzad (@FaisalShahid142) September 19, 2019

The remains of at least three of the four children who went missing from Kasur over the past 75 days were found, police said, confirming that all three were brutally raped before being buried underground.

According to the police, 12-year-old Imran of Rana Town had gone missing on June 1, eight-year-old Ali Hasnain and nine-year-old Salman in August, and eight-year-old Faizan on September 16.

Only Faizan’s complete body was recovered, whereas the bones of the remaining two were recovered from sand dunes in the Chunian Industrial Area.

Although only Faizan was identified since his complete body was recovered, the identities of the other two children would be confirmed once the results of the DNA test would be made available.

Twelve-year-old Imran of Rana Town was still missing.

The pictures and video of the dead are too horrific to share. But these are the four young boys who remain missing. 6 boys have been abducted over a three month period from the same area #kasurpic.twitter.com/cUlIrG4Zck

— Zarrar Khuhro (@ZarrarKhuhro) September 17, 2019
    In an earlier statement, the inspector-general of police (IGP) for Punjab, Arif Nawaz Khan, said there seemed to be similarities in the incidents of child abduction and murder.

Forensic teams have collected samples and evidence from the various crime sites. Earlier, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar took notice of the incident and summoned a report in this regard.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...ks-senior-police-officers-in-kasur-1.66522637

36. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  37. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Any credence to this?

CPEC shelved?

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/528615-cpec-shelved

KARACHI: The $50 billion worth China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects launched amidst lot of fan fare by the PML-N government and they soon became so expedient that practically all political parties lined to take its credit.

Some analysts laid credit of the CPEC projects with the former dictator Gen (retd) Pervaiz Musharraf and the military leadership. It became so sacrosanct afterwards that mere objecting to the project would invite the label of treachery against the country. But then the pendulum swung the other way. After the inauguration of the PTI’s government into the office, the projects first came under scathing criticism of Minister for Trade Razzaq Daud and then Minister for Communication Murad Saeed who accused PML-N’s Ahsan Iqbal of involvement in misappropriations in some CPEC projects and then all of them came to a seemingly grinding halt.

Now it has become a forgone conclusion that the CPEC projects have been shelved for all practical purposes. The former spokesman of Balochistan government’s Jan Muhammad Buledi told Deutsche Welle the incumbent government does not accord any priority to CPEC. Buledi said no progress was witnessed on the CPEC projects for Balochistan in the last one year adding the projects have seemingly been frozen. No development has been undertaken on the land acquired for Gwadar Airport, he said and added same goes with the 300MW electricity generation plant in Gwadar that was to be built by China for which land was also acquired but the development work is yet to start. Gwadar Port remains similarly frozen.

Various circles feel the Chinese leadership is upset with the corruption allegations of the incumbent government. One of the government officials on condition of anonymity told Deutsche Welle ( DW) the Chinese have practically stopped funding for the project, especially after Ministers Razak Dawood and Murad Saeed leveled charges of corruption. He said previously the Chinese used to release loans first and later would ask for procurements, but now they first demand procurement and there is no certainty if any funding would be released for it. And how could the government undertake procurement when they do not have funds. This shows that the CPEC projects are practically over and if at all there is any forward movement worth the name it will be extremely slow.

Some politicians believe that while the allegations of corruption did frustrate the Chinese but some of them believe that certain external powers want the CPEC projects to be slowed or altogether scrapped. PPP’s leader and Deputy Chairman Senate Saleem Mandviwala said when the PPP started these projects they faced immense international pressure against launching them but it did not abandon them. Mandviwala said the former president Asif Ali Zardari visited China on 13 occasions and developed trust and confidence with the leadership. He said the incumbent government is trying to keep both US and China happy which is impossible. The incompetency of the PTI government has given China more reason to be dismayed and in this situation the remaining projects would continue to remain on the back burner.

Many analysts also similarly believe the external pressures are playing a major role in Pakistan back pedaling over the CPEC projects. Suhail Chaudhry, a columnist from Lahore, thinks the CPEC projects would miss deadlines primarily due to to stern conditionalities of the IMF, World Bank and the US. America and the other western powers do not want Pakistan to complete the CPEC projects. Pakistan's plight is compounded by the financial crunch and the IMF package. If Islamabad is unable to achieve the revenue targets the IMF would not release its next tranche sending Pakistan to desperately seek the US help for the IMF funding. At this stage Washington would invoke the CPEC conditions forcing Pakistan with no other option but to slow down the projects, but Pakistan cannot afford to scrap these projects, he said.

An source in the Ministry of Communications confided to DW that several important projects have been put on hold. Development work has stopped on the Karachi-Sukkur motorway. Similarly the Dera Ismail Khan to Balochistan Wester Route has also been abandoned. Work on several critical motorway projects including the Orange Lines and Green Lines project has also been stopped, causing Pakistan to miss its chance of major development, China in the situation is not overly hurt, he said.

Another prevailing popular perception is that the PTI has sacrificed CPEC at the altar of the US regional policies to cultivate Washington on its side. Senior PTI leader Ishaq Khakwani rejected the perception and cited the example of Malaysia. He said negotiations do take place following change of governments on the format of payments and other relevant areas but it is unthinkable that the PTI government would drop the CPEC projects altogether.

38. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    [​IMG]

Current condition of BRT after it was built.

How does PTI justify this? No corruption right? no NAB Cases. NO inquiries.

39. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks, I had read this and wanted to share it but forgot about it.
    I have orange line in my route to work and the project was completed a year ago yet for some unknown reasons, the orange line isn't active even after a year.

40. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012