Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Committee formed for creation of South Punjab province: Fawad Chaudhry

ISLAMABAD: Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Tuesday said that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is ready to fulfill its election pledge of making South Punjab a separate province and a committee has been formed to achieve consensus on the matter, ARY News reported.

Addressing media in the federal capital. the minister said that the committee comprising senior PTI leaders Khusro Bakhtiar and Shah Mehmood Qureshi will other parties like Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) on board to find a workable solution for creation of the province.

Formation of a South Punjab province was one of PTI’s top pledges during the party’s election campaign as the party chief Imran Khan himself promised it when a group of politicians with the demand joined his party.

“A separate province is not enough and we will form a committee to solve South Punjab’s issues,” Imran Khan had said in May.

“We are committed to creating South Punjab province on administrative basis that respects the wishes of both, the people of Punjab as well as each of the other federating units of Pakistan. We will create political consensus by engaging political parties, people of Punjab province and the rest of Pakistan, including other stakeholders. Upon reaching consensus, we will pass legislation from the provincial assembly, and then from the two houses of parliament in Islamabad to create the legal framework for the creation of South Punjab province,” reads the PTI manifesto for elections 2018.

https://arynews.tv/en/committee-formed-for-creation-of-south-punjab-province-fawad-chaudhry/

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Task force has been formed in the headship of Law Minister for amendments in NAB laws

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Govt notifies ‘new working hours’

ISLAMABAD: Federal Government has issued the notification of new working hours for government offices.

According to notification, the working hours of the government offices will be from 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday.

[​IMG]

The announcement of government decision regarding new working hours was made by Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on August 24.

The minister had said that the government decided to keep Saturday a holiday but the office hours have been extended so all government employees will now work from 9AM to 5PM instead of the previous timing 8AM-4PM.

Rumours were doing rounds that the government will announce a 48-hour (six-day) working week but the minister announced that the government has instead changed the office hours and will also make sure the bureaucrats duly attend offices.

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry has said that the proposal regarding office hours had suggested that they should be from 8am to 3pm.

However, the cabinet decided that the working hours should be from 9am to 5pm. “Although earlier the office timings were 8am to 4pm, people used to come to their offices at 9am. Therefore, we have decided that the new working hours should be 9am to 5pm,” he added.

“There is a trend among government employees that they normally don’t return to work after Friday prayers but we will make sure all government employees complete their work hours,” said Chaudhry.

https://arynews.tv/en/govt-notifies-new-working-hours/

5. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I wouldn't put it past them (n league) as they have been (in)famous in this regard.
    Especially, with putting "their men" in strategic positions.
    But than again, which other political party didn't? Otherwise we wouldn't be attracted to PTI so much, now would we?

Sent from knowhere

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    What is the difference between 8-4 & 9-5 ?

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    1 hour more sleep in the morning and lunch after 3 hours from duty start :D

8. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  9. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    So this is a step back rather than forward.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Wish you had read it thoroughly, because answer of your question was already addressed.

Also,

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Relax, appropriate action will and should be taken by current Gov, but only a fool believes that mess of 30 years will be wiped in 3 weeks.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    So now they will come 10 am , whats the difference?

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    No offense but read again

Onus is on Gov to make it practical.

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    9-5 are more practical compared to 8-4.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Well many of us knew it, but this is the first actual 'news' came to fore. At least, I haven't found any before.

Perhaps people will realize how why media houses like Geo, Jang, Dawn and Neo are biased, because they're on payroll of 'N league'.

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Government removes National Bank president

The federal cabinet has decided to remove Saeed Ahmed as the president of National Bank of Pakistan, information minister Fawad Chaudhry said Tuesday.

Saeed Ahmed was involved in money laundering of billions of rupees and is facing cases in court, Fawad said.

Dr Suleman, who is working as the NACTA coordinator, is to be appointed the new Director General of IB, the cabinet decided.

The Information Minister said that the NAB would also be reformed to make it more effective.

“FATA merger was part of our 100-day program and the prime minister has issued instructions to speed up the merger,” Chaudhry said.

A committee comprising Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Khushro Bakhtiar has been constituted to look after the matters relating to the formation of South Punjab province.

In an attempt to create more jobs, the government has formed a task force to build 5 million new houses, Chaudhry added.

Malik Amin Aslam, the advisor to the prime minister on environment affairs, said that the government will plant 10 billion trees to tackle the effects of climate change.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2018/08/government-removes-national-bank-president/

17. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    No this isnt the poinf.

Point is that ppl were unable to reach 8am because of gettinh up early and were usually late. This is basically for comfort of ppl that they can come at 9 instead of 8 but will finish 5. Especially in winter it would have been even more harder at 8.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

18. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    So CM Punjab Usman Bazdar's shah kharchiyan pe saqay jawaan, helicopter rides, whole family enjoying free ride on Punjab government plane, protocol of 20 cars to attend a mausoleum to offer fatheha, personally getting involved in removing a government police officer on pressure from resourceful family ete etc

https://jang.com.pk/news/541614

Imran Khan using helicopter daily to travel between bani gala and pm house. Khan sahab saying security risk in bani gala, if there is a risk then why go to bani gala, why not stay in pm house? or if dont like to sleep in pm house military secretary residence then when why decided to move there??

https://jang.com.pk/news/541614

Fawad Choudhary is saying these days 'Imran Khan is PM of Pakistan, will he travel in a taxi'?

lol same Imran Khan who was never tired of giving examples of Dutch PM coming to work on a bicycle.

19. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
  20. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Trust me he wont sort it out. Sorry to disappoint you but slowly you will find yourself plunging into further depression

21. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Lol so a rich MPA slaps a common citizen and gets away by paying a fine! his membership should have been dissolved and MPA seat taken away to set a precedence. This decision just shows a PTI MPA could do all the gunda gardi and get away with a fine and one month suspension. This deterrence is set for future?

22. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    haha, can i smoke what he is smoking please?

and when this guy was asked how did he find out the helocopter kharcha, he said 'he googled it' and 'you can go and google it yourself'

23. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    9-5 timing is a sensible decision in my opinion.

24. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    @Del

Criticising Imran Khan IS NOT EQUAL TO siding with Nawaz Sharif.

I have told you time and time again, and if I ever find you somewhere, I will to find a way to drill this into your brain as either you are not understanding me or just not accepting to understand.

Do not accuse me of supporting any politician again. I will point out flaws and contradictions in everyone, especially those who put themselves in a higher moral pedestal then others.

I still have soft corner for Imran khan, Yasmin Rasheed, Arif Alvi, and their likes.

25. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    How US Foreign Secretary managed to get to speak to the elected Prime Minister of Pakistan? It has always been US presidents or vice presidents. If Mike Pompeo wanted to speak to someone, its should have been SMQ (Pak's Foreign Minister)

26. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  27. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    his attitude was not good and i am not a fan but i think throwing away from the party would be harsh. let him do his time and come back and give him one chance.

28. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Aamir liaqat has defected as expected. a bit too early though.

There is no reason to defend buzdar and his protocol. i understand anyone else other than Imran still maintaining some protocol, like using guards, cars etc for random visits, but i do not accept CM punjab to be travelling in private jets, that also with family, on tax payers expense. i dont know complete details but i am not a fan of public servants taking private jets with his family on my taxes.

29. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    no he should have been made a nishaan-e-ibrat to hallmark the beginning of new Pakistan so no other politician bureaucrat, feudal or some high society rich man will abuse his power and humiliate a common citizen in broad day light again in 'naya pakistan' par afsoos naya pakistan banane ke daway karne wale hi aise nikle, kya khaak dooro pe darr pare ga, 5 lakh Rs lol, just pathetic

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I have never accused anybody who criticize Imran as NS supporter. Not sure what make you say it? And where have I accused you for supporting any politician? Refer me that quote of mine please.

Furthermore, it well documented here on CS that I don't support IK or PTI on his every decision or action. Of course, he makes error too and I have and will continue to acknowledge it. However, on contrary, its a shame that people don't appreciate their good work, this is what I highlight and will continue to do so - but I never NAMED anybody.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh bhai you need to calm down. Indeed what he did there is no tolerance for that, but he has been fined and given warning that if such incident happens again, then he'll be thrown out of the party. PPP, PML-N, MQM and MPA's from many other parties have done worse than this over and over again, and their parties have done absolutely zilch in response. Why those incidents didnt irk you to raise your voice?

Again, dont get me wrong, and by no means I support his actions, but I am glad that at least 'some' action is taken and if he repeats his action, and if PTI and Khan don't do anything then surly it will be a massive failure in the name of 'Naya Pakistan'.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, there is absolutely no justification for CM Punjab to use a jet, that too along with his family on tax payers money. Khan needs to take notice of this ASAP.

33. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I donot understand how else can one make him nishan e ibrat? 5 lac is a good amount plus few free operations is another 5 lac for these doctors. Plus the humiliation. It's a clear progress from previous govts MNA's where they killed, raped freely and still be ministers. I don't think you are being too harsh, I think you are being too judgemental.

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    In response to letter of HRW to PM Imran, Dr Mazari writes back to US based HRW organization

[​IMG]

35. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Geert Wilders cancels Muhammad cartoon contest after Pakistan protests

Geert Wilders, the far-right Dutch politician, has cancelled a cartoon drawing contest of the Prophet Muhammad after alleged death threats and large-scale protests in Pakistan.

The decision to cancel the contest, which was to be held in the Dutch parliament in November, was greeted with joy in Pakistan. An Islamic party had organised demonstrations in Lahore and Islamabad. On Wednesday about 10,000 supporters of the Tehreek-i-Labaik Pakistan party called for the expulsion of the Dutch ambassador and for diplomatic ties with the Netherlands to be severed.

Drawing the Prophet Muhammad is seen as blasphemous in parts of the Islamic world and is deeply offensive to some Muslims.

Mr Wilders, the firebrand leader of the Party for Freedom, has lived under round the clock protection for years because of his anti-Islam rhetoric. A 26-year-old man, reportedly from Pakistan, was arrested this week in The Hague after making an alleged death threat against Mr Wilders.

“To avoid the risk of victims of Islamic violence, I have decided to not let the cartoon contest go ahead,” he said.

The Dutch government had distanced itself from the competition but did not try to cancel the contest to protect Dutch freedom of speech rights.

Pakistan tried to take credit for the reverse, claiming it had exerted pressure on the Dutch government.

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said the cancellation of the contest was a “great moral victory for the Muslim Ummah” and a “major crisis” had been averted.

Imran Khan, the new prime minister, had earlier vowed to raise the issue at the United Nations and with the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.

Mr Wilders announced the contest in June and claimed he had already received 200 entries. The winner was supposed to be presented with a cash prize.

The French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo repeatedly printed cartoons of Muhammad before its office was attacked by Islamic terrorists in 2015. Protests against 12 cartoons of Muhammad printed in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten in 2005 led to a reported 200 deaths. Danish diplomatic missions were also attacked.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...s-muhammad-cartoon-contest-pakistan-protests/

36. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan, Dutch govts pledge to work on issues of mutual interest

ISLAMABAD: The governments of Pakistan and the Netherlands have agreed to continue working together on issues of mutual interest, ARY News reported.

Foreign Minister of the Netherlands Stef Blok on Friday reiterated his government’s position of disassociation with avowed anti-Islamist politician Geert Wilders’ activities and assured of continued cooperation.

He said this in a telephonic conversation with Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi. This was the second telephonic conversation between the two foreign ministers this week.

The foreign ministers discussed the announcement by the Dutch parliamentarian to call off the blasphemous caricature competition.

Mehmood Qureshi noted that the timely efforts made by the two governments helped in achieving the desired result.

He stressed on the need to work together to raise awareness and limiting the disturbing trend of Islamophobia, incitement to racial and religious hatred, and building bridges among civilizations.

https://arynews.tv/en/pakistan-dutch-govts-pledge-to-work-on-issues-of-mutual-interest/

37. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Thought I should share it here too.

Found some very interesting details about helicopter's expenditure of Maryam Nawaz, Hussain Nawaz and Hassan Nawaz only.

[​IMG]

38. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  39. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Government to put PM House’s bullet-proof cars on auction

ISLAMABAD: Federal government has decided to put Prime Minister’s House’s 33 bullet-proof cars on auction and has issued an advertisement inviting bids for the luxury vehicles, sources todl ARY News on Friday.

According to ARY News correspondent, the cabinet division, on Prime Minister Imran Khan’s directives have issued an advertisement inviting bidders for the auction of 33 cars which include at least eight luxury BMW and four Mercedes Benz cars.

The advertisment issued in this regard says the auction will be held on PM House on September 17 at 10AM and the money will be deposited in national kitty.

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, in an informal conversation with reporters, said that the PTI government will try to sell the vehicles on the same price as their market value as the auction is aimed at fund-raising.

https://arynews.tv/en/government-bullet-proof-cars-auction/

40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Online registration of overseas voters to begin from Saturday: ECP

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has announced launching process of online registration of overseas voters from Saturday, which will continue till September 15.

Overseas Pakistanis possessing valid machine-readable passports can get them registered as voters within the stipulated time, said Director General Public Relations ECP Nadeem Qasim while speaking to reporters in Islamabad on Friday.

He said after the due date, voter lists will be handed over to the concerned returning officers and names of overseas voters will be scored out, Radio Pakistan reported. These voters will not be able to cast their votes manually in Pakistan, he added.

Qasim further said the online voting registration system has been developed with the help of National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra).

To a question, he said it is a pilot project and overseas Pakistanis can register their votes to exercise their right to franchise in upcoming by-elections across Pakistan. He said over 700,000 overseas Pakistanis will be able to get their vote registered through the newly developed system.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1792292/1-online-registration-overseas-voters-begin-saturday-ecp/