1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Patrica talking out her backside again pretending to care about religious freedoms and freedom of expression.
    Mentally ill from amityville.... :D

2. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
  3. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    https://arynews.tv/en/world-index-pakistan-holiday-destination/

who would have thought this even vaguely possible 2 years ago. another remarkably impressive achievement for the PTI government, that successive PMLN and PPP governments failed to do.

"In another major achievement in tourism sector, the World Index has declared Pakistan as ‘best holiday destination’ for 2020 in the world."

"Earlier on December 14, World’s best luxury travel magazine, Condé Nast Traveler had compiled the list of best holiday destinations for 2020 and Pakistan had topped it."

from Conde Nast - a genuinely high end lifestyle magazine:

"Thwarted by tales of terrorism and Taliban rule, Pakistan’s tourism industry has been stymied for the past two decades. But ancient valleys, relaxed visa restrictions and a high-profile royal visit from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the end of 2019 mean that at a start of a new decade this remarkable country is also entering a new era.

‘Having operated tours in Pakistan since the late 1990s, I’ve had a ringside seat to its troubled tourism industry, but finally, it seems to be improving,’ says Jonny Bealby, founder and CEO of adventure-tour operator Wild Frontiers. ‘A focus on security measures, which saw the British FCO lift its advice against travel to large parts of the north, and the election of Imran Khan , who has vowed to increase international tourist numbers, has already had an impact ,’ he says.

4. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
  5. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    lol i love how you pick and chose which media outlets are credible... Patricia and her confirmation biase... ifnit supports her opinion its fine if it doesnt its a conspiracy.

6. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    Did afridi tweet about PMIK and uighurs? Yes. If you disagree, provide evidence to the contrary.

did he delete the tweet? yes. if you disagree, provide evidence to the contrary.

In other words, put up or shut up.

7. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    patricia, what are you on about.... I mean really. You are really gasping at straws here. Are the voices in your head fighting again? ?
    Do you remember my initial thoughts on uiyghurs?.... you know when you ended up looking stupid? Yet here we are. My only problem wirh Afridis tweets are that he deleted them... he should have left them up.

Now back to the point i was making. This mentally ill clown likes to pretend that he cares about human rights.
    He accepts twitter as a source of information yet condems every other source critical of his toxic mentally ill thought process.
    since you have taken it upon yourself tobbecome a human rights champion.... here
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...eet-me-i-wont-stop-speaking-out-human-rights/

8. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Just in case anyone doesnt understand why i call patricia mentally ill.... here take a look at my previous thoughts on china and the uiyghurs :)
    feel free to check its an actual unedited quote.

"The village idiot is making a fair point. We all have to accept the nuances of the geopolitical arena but the oppression of the uiyghurs is no different to what Indias doing.
    Wrong is wrong no matter who does"

Me condemning Pakistans failure to investigate female enslavement by pak and china.
    https://cricistan.com/threads/pak-holds-back-investigation-into-sale-of-600-women-to-china.52026/
    (NOTICE HOW SHE HAS NO TROUBLE WITH THE SOURCE)

9. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    compare that to the rona dhona over India denying fast track citizenship to pak muslims.

We all have to accept the nuances of the geopolitical arena

I wonder if India has good reasons to deny pak muslim citizenship. let me think. there has to be a major geopolitical nuance..

10. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    lol patricia, you really are clutching at straws in the absence of facts... i made myself clear. For EG, I didnt mention burma but that do not condemn the burmese...
    Now i suggest you look up hypocrisy. Because you feel that i didn't criticise china enough... i cant critise india? lol Thats not hypocrisy
    ive criticised india, ive criticised china and ive criticised Pakistan... because you're quick to jump into those threads to agree.
    And mods this is the kind of stupidity that needs to be kept in check.

11. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    IK has played the biggest bl'u'nder of our history.

Single handedly responsible for ruining our relation with both Saudis and Turkey/Malaysia/Iran. He has lost all credibility in the near future for Pakistan.

12. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
  13. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan’s trade deficit falls by 30% to $11.64b

[​IMG]

Trade deficit of Pakistan fell by 30% to $11.64 billion in the first half of fiscal year 2019-20, according to stats shared by Adviser to PM on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood on Sunday.

This was because of a decline in imports and increasing exports of the country, according to the statistics.

The export volume reached $11.54 billion recording an increase of 3.21% from July 2019 to December 2019.

During this period, the exports of rice increased by 56%, meat by 52% and vegetables by 41%.

The export of seafood recorded an increase of 23%, while silk, synthetic textile, football and leather exports grew by 13% each.

Imports of the country dropped by 17% to $23.18 billion. It resulted in shrinking trade deficit to $11.64 billion.

However, the imports of cellular phones increased by 69%, electrical appliances by 48% and petroleum products and gas by 34%.

Imports from India decreased by 64% over the past 6 months, according to the stats.

https://www.samaa.tv/economy/2020/01/pakistans-trade-deficit-falls-by-30-to-11-64b/

14. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    The economy is improving somewhat

15. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  16. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    PM Imran launches country's 'largest' skills development programme for youth

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday inaugurated Pakistan's largest skills development programme titled 'Hunarmand Jawan'.

Speaking at the ceremony, Prime Minister Imran said that this programme will put Pakistan on the road to success.

"I need you all to understand that there is no such thing as 'happily ever after', that only exists in fairy tales. In real life, there are ups and downs and smart people make sure that they use the time when they are in difficulty to propel themselves towards success later," the prime minister said, while explaining the basis on which the programme was created.

"I believe barkat has not come to this country because a small number of people kept becoming richer while everyone else suffered. This is not how enlightened societies work. In such societies equal opportunities are given to everyone. What is the American dream model? It ensures that anyone who works hard will be able to lift themselves up and create a better future for themselves."

Describing the Hunarmand Programme, the prime minister said that his government is actively working to revive dormant industries and to provide youth with modern skills.

"Under this programme, we initially aim to train 500,000 youth. One thing that I am very proud of is that the first 70 skill centres we create will be in madarssahs, so that the children who have always been neglected are able to acquire skills that will help them step up in the real world. I am proud of my government for being the first to work for these youth, no one has ever done that before.

"In the next phase, 300 smart training centres will be created, where our students will have access to international teachers so that our country can achieve global standards. Thirdly, all of these skill centres will have national accreditation, to ensure that there is healthy competition between them and they all strive to better themselves."

The prime minister also said that more money will be allocated for this programme in the future and it will be ensured that Pakistan's youth has the skills required to work hard and secure their better future. He also congratulated Federal Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mehmood on coming up with an extensive skills programme for the country.

Earlier, the prime minister explained how his government has been trying to eliminate poverty in the country and raise peoples' standard of living.

"We have decided to make sure that this country functions on principles that elevate the standard of living of our underprivileged population. We have started the Ehsas programme, under which we have allocated Rs7 billion for the Utility Store Network, to ensure that people are given quality rations in affordable prices.

We have also started to develop a network of langars (soup kitchens) to ensure that no one in this country goes hungry. The network is still being developed and more and more areas in the country will soon be covered.

"Other than that, we have the Panagah programme, under which we started forming shelters last year to ensure that people do not have to brave extreme weathers and live on the street. Today, in the kind of cold we are experiencing, police have been instructed to patrol the streets and bring homeless people to these shelters," said the PM.

"With the Sehat Insaf Card, families now have medical insurance. Earlier, if a single member of any family had to go through cancer, it caused financial instability for everyone in the family. The family had to sell everything to ensure that that one member could have treatment. It caused financial devastation. Lastly, under the Apna Ghar programme, we are providing the common man the opportunity to own a house. This has never been done in this country before. Only the rich could afford to do it before. There is a case pending in court regarding land leases and as soon as that case is resolved, we will start work on building houses on that land."

The Hunarmand programme
    The Hunarmand programme is aimed at the economic emancipation of youth by providing them quality professional training.

According to Radio Pakistan, the four-year programme will cost approximately Rs30 billion and will provide easy loans, capacity building and internships for the youth.

Addressing a pre-launch meeting, Prime Minister Imran called the programme an asset for the nation.

"The programme will help the youth in securing better job opportunities and contribute towards national development," the report quoted him as saying.

In the first phase of the programme, 170,000 young Pakistanis will receive skills-based training; 50,000 of these individuals will receive training in advanced areas of technology, including artificial intelligence, robotics and cloud computing.

On the other hand, another 50,000 of the total will be trained by the Technical Education and Vocational Authority in areas such as plumbing and mechanics, while the remaining 20,000 will be given apprenticeships, the report maintained.

Additionally, 75 smart classrooms will be established to ensure easy access to education as well as providing training at 70 madrassahs. In addition, five "Centres of Excellence" will be set up in collaboration with friendly countries, the report added.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1527249/p...argest-skills-development-programme-for-youth

17. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I'd like to see constructive details of above. real institutions, skilled programmes in collabration with manufacturing industry, IT industry and services industry, so that people learn and get skilled and get jobs immediately and our industries end up with large workforce.

not just giving money to PTI workers as candy, like had been previously happening in ppp or pmln or mqm cases.

18. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
  19. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    There's no pti government left now. It's a martial law without it being official.

Musharraf case got reversed, the colonel which filed a case against the chief justice and an active supporter of the kidnapped cases got abducted and is now called a spy..

It's pretty clear that the guillotine of our establishment is working exactly how it is supposed to work without any euphemisms whatsoever.

20. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I dont think the people of Pakistan general-ly care. Pun intended.
    You know it, how many times have we listened from our families and relatives that martial law is better than the looting politicians democracy.

The fight should be against the status quo.

21. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    China leads as FDI in Pakistan soars to 30-month high at $487m

Long-term foreign investors have finally staged a much-awaited comeback in different sectors of the economy, like power and telecommunication, following clarity in the government’s economic policies.

Foreign direct investment (FDI) hit a two-and-a-half-year high at $487 million in December 2019. This comes to over one-third of the total FDI inflow of $1.34 billion in the first six months (Jul-Dec) of the current fiscal year 2019-20, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) reported on Thursday.

“FDI has remained consecutively (on a month-on-month basis) high. This shows the return of foreign investors’ confidence in the domestic economy,” Arif Habib Limited Head of Research Samiullah Tariq told The Express Tribune.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2138820/2-china-leads-fdi-pakistan-soars-30-month-high-487m/

22. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    You should be ashamed on talking about development while the prices of wheat/ata is soaring without any limits and your ministers are telling the roti makers to lessen the weight of the roti.

Fgs. I'm done with this government. Honestly would take part in a movement to throw this corrupt bunch of retards.

Thankfully we have seen the old myth of army backed government will succeed being exposed.

23. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    inflation is the only thing critics say. nothing about avenfield, the lying, the corruption, the fake accounts, the massive debt, the propped up currency, the decimated export industry, the huge fiscal and current account deficit, nothing at all - the inflation is not a function of PTI policy, anyone with any intelligence knows that, its because of the state the country has been left in after two decades of gross financial misconduct.

wait and see what happens if one of these other parties get in, they will ramp debt up again, idiots will be happy because they will think things are awesome until it all comes crashing down when the country becomes bankrupt in five years.

theres plenty the PTI have got wrong, and it would be very fair to criticise them about any and all of those. inflation isnt one of them, unless you are corrupt or stupid.

its only an idiot who thinks that a 220mm person country on te brink of bankruptcy can be fixed in a couple of years.

24. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Dude. Inflation on the prices of wheat in a country where wheat is one of the few crops that get exported.
    Wheat was bought from farmers at the price of 1200rs and is now being sold at double the price.

Jahangir Tareen is one of the owners of the mill who benefits heavily from this..

25. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    ok lets do a full analysis of this before your usual selective accusations and selective amnesia. tareen's mill bites you but the obliteration of the economy and billions of looted wealth seem to pass you by unnoticed.

whats total wheat production?
    whats total exports of wheat?
    how big a market share does tareen have?
    why has there been a sudden spike in wheat prices?
    is wheat critical for exporting because pakistan has no other export quality alternatives to generate foreign currency to pay off debts?
    what proportion of exports is wheat?

I dont have any love for Tareen. as far as I think, he was disqualified from the party and so shouldn't have anything to do with government at all.

26. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    let me save you some trouble:

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 22.21.53.png Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 22.21.53.png Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 22.20.59.png

what that tells you is the following:

1) exports are up, imports are zero - so it is being used to stop the country going bankrupt ie I was right, its because of past policy that the people are suffering this - its a deceit to blame the current government for it.

2) wholesale prices have not gone up, which means that retail prices have gone up which means its market manipulation probably made available because of low inventories. that could be seasonal, but whatever it is the government is taking steps to stop hoarding. the government does have relatively direct influence on wholesale prices, and they are no different from your darling Nawaz's performances as you can see.

anything else?

Attached Files:

27. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Once again using past governments to legalize your own incompetence except the previous governments were corrupt and this government is Saadiq and Ameen.

And if you don't have any love for Jahangir Tareen then you basically need to stop supporting Pti because pti is completely under his control right now. He's probably even more active than the PM in interior issues.
    Lmao. Ok

28. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Also, the question is there for our honest IK.

Why is JT not treated like he promised. IK promised of equal rights and punishments but JT is always by his side everywhere he goes.

29. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
  30. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    A very typical response by iZaman I mean mars.

Sure throw away PTI Govt if its for the betterment of Pakistan - I am all in, but million dollar question is, who will replace them? "Pappa ki ladli - Maryam" or "He/She Billio Rani"? These two parties have looted the country to no length, so control your panic attacks and let PTI finish their term.

And as @godzilla said, when fact are put infront of him than he has nothing to say.

Last but not the least, this new flour crisis is concern, its all made up, just like earlier sugar and tomato ones (as described in the following video).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  31. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Good and detailed analysis by Sami Abraham on flour crisis and reveals who are the culprits ( PPP & Sindh Govt)

@godzilla @Disco Lemonade

32. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    its difficult to know whats going on, but where is the genius clean elections experienced leader of the PPP and Sind government, bill ranee and his famous unglee? why is he quiet? why isnt he taking responsibility for his regional government's performance? why arent the news agencies interviewing him and asking him these questions?

33. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Rat is hiding in his hole and media itself is a "mafia", so nobody is troubled to approach him and raise questions.

34. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016

this is a nice summary of some positive things for a change, and the remarkable improvement in in terminational standing that pakistan has achieved. you cant even imagine Nawaz or zardari seeing the most powerful head of the most powerful country in the world several times, let alone dictating terms.

theres a nice summary of FATF too, where essentially he says that the attempt is by those who want to see pakistan suppressed, to keep them on the grey list, so that the reconstruction of Afghanistan in the USA and India's interests prevail without interference from Pakistan. As much as I cant stand shah Mahmood quraishi, the foreign relations department of pakistan has been a huge improvement over previous governments.

of course, this will also be like why Nawaz is seeking 'medical help' in Washington - not that ive ever heard of any particular specialist health facilities in Washington, I know lots of medical tourism goes on in houston, but he's clearly going there to sell out pakistan to the Americans in order to save his own skin.

and yet he still has Pakistani people supporting him.

35. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
  36. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Lets see.

i was reading a latest tweet of Atif mian on state bank actions and he was suggesting some right decision were made. i am a noob of economy so i get lost after a few sentences. learned people economy could share the tweet and explain in layman terms.
    i remember atif mian was slightly critical of some action initially.

37. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I will take same rank as last year, any improvement will be icing on the cake, but if we slip, there will be no place to hide

38. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Tbh i dont give a toss about IKs speeches anymore. We need tangible outcome.not just speeches.

Its easy to comment from outside but if you live in Pak, you will realise there is no law n order n merit. Every organisation is corrupt n ministers/mnas etc are all incompetent fools.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

39. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    same here. speeches are fine, ultimately a ruler needs to be judged by the results.

40. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    it has has gone worse i read somewhere...