1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    You are very bhola just like the average awaam @Choi Saab if you think the almighty phauj does not rule the country.

2. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    It is very easy to understand why a lot of people would not be happy with IK's rule in Pakistan, obviously there was the same faces in cabinet, the whole Nawaz debacle after the constant promises of accountability, the rising inflation, the IMF programme, the constant complaining from government quarters about previous governments amongst a whole host of issues ....

But seriously how much can IK be blamed for a lot of it?

There was a rising CAD, falling forex reserves, the country was essentially on the brink of bankruptcy, exports were minimal and imports were above and beyond what the country could afford, yes maybe him and his economical team didn't do their homework right from the get go and put themselves into a corner before having to refer to the IMF and 'friendly nations' for bailouts which is not what any respectable sovereign nation would want to do but IK didn't have a choice.

Keep in mind the regional situation he has had to face, a rabid India on one side wanting war at one stage, the Kashmir situation again spiralling out of control through draconian measures by the Indian government, the USA Iran tensions on another porous border for Pakistan and now the COVID-19 situation whilst the all important Afghanistan peace process which is constantly hanging on a string.

Despite that, I do think Imran has done a decent job for now, a lot of the steps he has taken are for Pakistan's future which he has had a lot of political will to do, such as;

1) Mohmand Dam
    2) Diamer Bhasha Dam
    3) Ehsas Programme
    4) 10 Billion Tree programme

Genuine programmes that will help Pakistan, but the effect for 3 of them will not be felt for some time, possibly even in 10 years, which is something none of the previous ruler ever considered let alone implemented.

For the short term, the economy was through painstaking measures, stabilized to a great degree, but the Covid-19 situation has pretty much blown that out of the water, despite that this government has been inventive to the situation by employing people on the billion tree project and also announcing some good relief packages especially the construction package.

There is a push for items to be more locally produced as per the recent 'mobile phone' policy initiated to encourage local production.

But keep in mind the limitations here, local manufacturing has for a long time been neglected in Pakistan and it won't be rectified overnight, it will take a concerted effort to sort this out.

There is a lot of issues and no government can resolve them in 5 years especially in an environment as hostile as Pakistan, it requires consecutive concerted efforts from different governments to sort out what is frankly a mess and IK has stared looking forward and not necessarily at his political future.

3. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    This does not address what I asked you one inch. So based on that I will not say anything futher at all.

4. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I think there's bigger issues in India that you should worry about. For ex:

P. S. I think this lady is in trouble FYI

5. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawn.com/news/amp/1560666

ISLAMABAD:
    Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday announced the reopening of tourism industry and allowed all overseas Pakistanis to return home after the National Coordination Committee gave the go-ahead to self-quarantine policy for Covid-19 patients among them.

Over the past 24 hours, the countrywide tally of coronavirus cases surged from 71,068 to 74,320. So far, 29,647 cases have been detected in Sindh, 26,240 in Punjab, 10,485 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 4,393 in Balochistan, 2,589 in Islamabad, 711 in Gilgit-Baltistan and 255 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir. The death toll also climbed to 1,574 from 1,520.

Statements like these are exactly why IK gets ridiculed, he literally hands the opposition a talking point.

How is it an effective manoeuvre to reopen the tourism industry when the world is either in lockdown or emerging from it under new guidelines, I just don't understand the logic behind this, especially when you factor in that the tourism industry in Pakistan is dilapidated and relies on local tourism so there is no monetary benefit to it either, there is no reasoning behind this decision, unless I am missing something.

Needs to get a grip on reality sometimes and not get into hyperbole.

6. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    How are you all?

Just wanted to take a look at this thread where I'd spent a lot of time trying to convince people of the disaster that was waiting.
    There's no use of a "I told you so" kind of post because most of the posters live outside Pakistan and listen to ARY for Pakistani news and we're all loosers in this game which IK and the establishment played with us.

I hope we can quickly get back from the crisis that we're facing right now. The first step would be to remove two personalities from the top of their posts lest they put Pakistan into a 1971 position once again.

7. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Well done Javed bhai :D

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    with this awaam, what do you expect?

Thread failed.

10. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    I don't get this. Do they think their Islam is in danger because of those trees?

EDIT: Just saw it once again. Seems the govt planted trees at someone's personal property LOL.

11. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Why would you even bring the religious angle into it?

There has been no mention of religion so what would compel your brain to make a pathetic judgement like that?

12. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Lets involve some factual information.

Land is disputed between 2 sides. 1 side unilaterally seemed to have given Government permission to plant on the land. Othet side, obviously not too pleased, did what they did.

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Weird to randomly bring in religion into this. Just weird #2NationTheory

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
  15. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    he has done well on social media.

on ground, extremely incompetent, indecisive and a directionless government.

Besides, he needs to understand that he is now The Government not some Motivational Teacher at a University.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Nice to see you back. How are you doing?

17. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Genuine question, would you vote for him again? Or do you prefer someone else

18. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Well it is not really an outrageous thought considering the nutjobs back in Pak "protecting" Islam when construction of a temple in Islamabad was proposed. Irony of some folks here who keep preaching Indians on tolerance.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  19. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Thank you Jinnah indeed :)

20. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    im good thanks, how are you ?
    well, my issue with him is his incomptency and indecisiveness. There are no questions about his integrity and patriotism so i will still give him a chance hoping against hope that he will get it right someday.

with others, there is no simply hope.

21. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
  22. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Indeed.

Unfortunately your PM, his party and the actual puppeteers of the party dont share such views #AkhantBharat

23. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
  24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Well some people need to understand it'll take lots of years to get Pakistan into a decent shape. You can't change much in two years even in a country like Britain. Remember when Labour came in 1997. After two years there was hardly anything done but then after that progress was made. The main focus being keeping to previous spending plans to keep the Economy going. What Imran has to work with is completely different. Atleast here there is a system. People pay taxes and there is no corruption so the money gets to where it's needed.

So far giving I think 85 million people a health card of 31,000 rupees which can be extended to 72,000 rupees is massive then we have the billion tree programme, 5 million homes, 2 dams in construction. Good foreign policy, recently new energy agreement - these are major achievements.

It will take time to improve things. Pakistani people also need to start paying taxes. You can't not pay taxes and then expect change. It's embarrassing that only 1% of Pakistan population pays tax.

25. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    For the umpteenth time, ("please") refrain from your bakwas; behooda; jaahilana; chawalnuma; chamaarshuda; khabaasat-bhari; nafratzada and fuzool Indo-Pak arguments/trolling and personal digs at each other. It's ironic when an Indian tries to degrades Pakistan or vice versa when both the countries keep on doing embarrassing stuff posted on social media every single day of the calendar.

If someone still wishes to continue not having constructive discussion in here, I can open up a group PM for you guys where you would be allowed to have a go and even I'd participate myself to do tuaddi aisi di taisi in there.

Moreover, usual culprits in this thread/section were banned before not so long ago, and I'd not hesitate to increase my tally regardless whether you are Ram or Raheem. And this is my Sajstyle dhamki to you guys!

26. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    is'nt it the thread due to which an active mod got banned? lol

27. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Yes please, I'll take the PM conversation!

Also this wasn't a India v Pakistan thing, far from it, there was no need to drag religion into like that for no reasons.

I digress.

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Khan saab didnt accept resignation of Bajwa who has been accused of corruption or whatever. How is this a naya Pakistan ? accept his resignation till he proves his innocence in court and take the journalist to cleaners..but no.