1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Provisional squad for September’s World T20 Cup Named - Razzaq, K Akmal and Imran Nazir included

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ManHOOS, Jun 29, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    Express News is showing tycker that 30 members squad for World Cup T20 2012 has been announced

Awais Zia , Kmaran Akmal , Imran Nazir , Ramiz Raja jnr , Abdul Razzaq included .. more to follow

:good

2. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    Its on Geo News as well :)

3. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    Plz post if you have any more info on squad :rolleyes:

4. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Simply great to see Kami and Razzler in there.

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Kamran Akmal among 30 probables for T20 WC

LAHORE: Former wicket keeper batsman Kamran Akmal has been included in the list of 30 probables for the national team squad which will take part in the T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.

Earlier Geo News had reported that Akmal had been cleared by the PCB’s integrity committee.

Apart from Akmal, Wahab Riaz, Abdul Razaq and Imran Nazir have also been included in the list of 30 players and will be expecting to make their comeback in the national squad.

Shakeel Ansar and Sarafaz Ahmed are the other two wicket keepers whose names have been included.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-56579-Akmal-among-30-probables-for-T20-WC-#

6. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    plzzzzzzzz no razzler in final 15

[​IMG]

7. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Plz add misbah !

8. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
    Excellent news. Pakistan were such a successful T20 team before the fixing scandal. Recently we've been woeful. Some put it down to missing Amir and Butt. But I think the ommisions of Kami and Razzaq have been equally, if not more detrimental to the team's cause. We're talking about proven world T20 players.

I've said in another thread that the inclusion of Kami would be risky. I still believe that but now that he's in the provisional squad, I think it's a risk worth taking as long as he plays against Australia. Similarly with Razzaq, there is an element of risk. I would definitely have him in the 15 man squad. Whether he should be in the XI, I'm not sure because Hammad is a like for like replacement who is younger and a better fielder. Then again, Razzaq is Razzaq.

9. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Disagree with the end of your post. Hammad is very different from Razzaq. That being said, only one of them can be in the final XI, and maybe even in the final squad, and I would pick Hammad everyday.

10. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    great to see Imran nazir, kamran Akmal and Razzaq back in t20s atleast all 3 are very good t20 players. Shoaib malik should also be there

11. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    can u guys post final 30 list? i would love to see Imran nazir, Razzaq and kamran as well as shoaib malik in the t20 team

12. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    Great to see Abdul Razzaq, Nazir and Ramiz in the squad,hope all three of them can make it to the final 15

13. nad786

nad786 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 14, 2010
    i hope ahmed shehzad and zia ul-haq are included

14. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
  15. Shahid Afridi rulez

Shahid Afridi rulez Talented

Sep 9, 2011
    Great to see Abdul Razzaq's name there. Hope he does be in the final XI.

16. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    With the form Razzaq is off late, I'd prefer him not to be named in the 15 man squad, unless he gets to play in the Australian series to show his mettle and performs well.

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    15 i want to see
    1. Imran Nazir 2. Hafeez 3. Kamran Akmal 4. Umar Akmal 5. Shahid Afridi 6. Razzaq 7. Shoaib Malik 8. Misbah 9. Gul 10. Saeed Ajmal 11. Junaid Khan 12. Sami 13. Rehman 14. Nasir Jamshed 15. Hammad Azam 16. Sohail Tanveer

18. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Why would they decide on a 30 man provisional squad but only name 5 of the players?

Another PCB brainwave or lazy journalism?

Or is it simply Bradman Sauce?

19. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm in full agreement with HashiBaba. I'm inclined not to believe this really.

The media, as we know, make up a lot of things with unnamed sauces [for example, the news of a rift in the team, etc., etc.]. Channels like Geo are renowned for having not very reliable sources. A few days ago I heard that the selection committee hasn't finalised the probables, forget sending them to the chairman or releasing them! Lots of contradicting reports are surfacing, I'd rather not believe them and get excited/upset for no reason. We're better off just waiting till the PCB officially announce the list.

If they were to name the probables, they would name all of them. Not just 5/6 of them. We shouldn't just believe everything that pops up in the news straight away, need proper sources and reliable websites/channels to report it first.

20. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    i found this information on this website-http://www.awamiweb.com/pakistan-announce-30-probable-players-for-t20-world-cup-2012-48448.html

for some weird reason theres no kamran akmal, well i cant see him there!
    not sure if its reliable, but if we're gonna find out on 11th july, then we'll wait1

here is what it says-
    The list was released by the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Selection Committee that has been sent to Chairman PCB Zaka Ashraf for confirmation. The verified list will then be sent to ICC on July 11.
    The complete squad list includes following players,
    1. Ahmed Shehzad
    2. Imran Farhat
    3. Asad Shafiq
    4. Azhar Ali
    5. Nasir Jamshed
    6. Shoaib Malik
    7. Shahzaib Hasan
    8. Imran Nazir
    9. Owais Zia
    10. Ramiz Raja (Jr)
    11. Umar Akmal
    12. Mohammad Hafeez
    13. Shahid Afridi
    14. Sharjeel Khan
    15. Haris Sohail
    16. Hammad Azam
    17. Abdul Razzaq
    18. Shakeel Akhtar
    19. Sarfraz Ahmed
    20. Wahab Riaz
    21. Abdur Rehman
    22. Umar Gul
    23. Junaid Khan
    24. Mohammad Sami
    25. Sohail Tanvir
    26. Anwar Ali
    27. Yasir Arafat
    28. Aizaz Cheema
    29. Saeed Ajmal
    30. Raza Hasan

21. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    I'm afraid I can't go with your view. Razzak is much better than Hammad. It doesn't mean that Hammad is poor player but Razzak is Razzak simply.

22. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    If that's the real list, then disappointed with the bowlers.

Think someone should've been thrown into the deep end.

23. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Fair enough. 1137moiz already convinced me that I don't know Razzaq very well, so I'm not going to argue with you here :)

24. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Razzaq is a seasoned campaigner with so much experience whereas Hammad Azam is new to intl cricket but I think both should be picked. Razzaq will play in the final 11

25. jawad mohmand

jawad mohmand Youngsta Beauty

Jul 3, 2012
  26. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
  27. jawad mohmand

jawad mohmand Youngsta Beauty

Jul 3, 2012
  28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) selectors on Wednesday announced a 30-man provisional squad for September’s World T20 Championship, to be held in Sri Lanka .

The first choice wicketkeeper, Kamran Akmal, who has not played a match for Pakistan since March last year, and a T20 International since September 2010, has been named in the provisional squad. Akmal has been overlooked for national selection over the last one year for his suspected links with illegal bookmakers. He was summoned by PCB’s integrity committee to appear before it on July 4. However, it is still unclear whether he has been cleared or not.

“The selectors are unanimous that if he is available for selection he certainly deserves a chance to make a comeback in the T20 format and so on,” said a PCB selector. However, his final selection for the esteemed tournament will be subject to clearance from PCB’s integrity committee.

Two other players who have not made a national squad of late, include batsman Imran Nazir and all-rounder Abdul Razzaq. Imran Nazir has been continuously ignored for national selection over the last two years for no particular reason, despite doing well in the domestic circuit. However, his latest call up has also come in the wake of his impressive performance in the Faysal Bank Super Eight T20 Cup, where he finished as the second highest run scorer, with a tally of 191 at 47.75 for tournament champions Sialkot Stallions.

He was also a standout performer during the inaugural Bangladesh Premier League earlier this year, where he scored 390 runs for Dhaka Gladiators from 11 games, second only to compatriot Ahmed Shehzad (486).
    The PCB selectors are yet to decide on who will skipper the side.

A total of 12 teams, divided into four groups, will contest in the high-profile tournament. Pakistan has been placed in Group D, which also features New Zealand and Bangladesh. The Men in Green will play their tournament opener against the Black Caps at Pallekele, on September 23.

This year’s World T20 championship is the fourth edition of the esteemed tournament, where England will be defending the title, it had claimed two years ago in West Indies . The inaugural edition in 2007 was won by India while Pakistan clinched the trophy in 2009.

Squad: Mohammad Hafeez , Ahmed Shahzad, Khalid Latif , Nasir Jamshed , Imran Nazir, Shahzaib Hasan , Awais Zia , Sharjeel Khan , Umar Akmal , Asad Shafiq , Haris Sohail , Shoaib Malik , Rameez Raja , Shahid Afridi , Hammad Azam, Abdul Razzaq , Umar Gul , Mohammad Sami , Sohail Tanvir , Yasir Arafat , Wahab Riaz , Junaid Khan , Aizaz Cheema , Anwar Ali , Saeed Ajmal , Abdur Rehman , Raza Hasan , Sarfraz Ahmed , Kamran Akmal , Shakeel Ansar

29. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Openers
    Ahmed Shehzad, Nasir Jamshed, Imran Nazir

Middle Order
    Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Asad Shafiq, Umar Akmal+

All-Rounders
    Hammad Azam, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Hafeez

Bowlers
    Junaid Khan, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal

Include Kamran, but I'd have UA keep. Obviously we can only take 15 so someone would have to go - I'd pick Tanvir because as well as he's bowled, he also gives up 8-10 runs in the field, at least.

30. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    I guess we will never get rid of tried and tested failures, we will most probably be knocked out of the WC and then these players will be dropped again only two be recalled after another few months.

31. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    How many ppl said the same thing last year in the icc wc, and how many we're wrong, as a supporter I would have expected u to have some hope!

32. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Did we win the world cup?

33. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Tried and tested men took pak to top of t20 rankings winning one t20 WC , reaching final of another (narrowly losing it) and narrowly losing the semifinal 3rd time. its the new players like shahzaib, khalid latif, ahmed shahzad and test players like fawad alam and asad shafiq and player like imran farhat who doesnt deserve to be selected at all who took us to No. 7 in rankings.

34. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Please don't put Fawad, Shafiq, and Shehzad in the same category is Latif, Farhat, and Shahzaib.

35. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    105007.2.jpg

My few cents from the given squad
    :rolleyes:

1.Imran Nazir -- This is last chance for him if failed should try some other field rather than cricket.

2.Awais Zia -- His recent T20 records suggests all , another david warner in the making.

3.M.Hafeez -- Captain & Very valuable T20 player both with bat n ball.

4.Umar Akmal -- No comments , little dynamite if explode goodbye opposition bowling.

5. Shakeel Ansar (w/k) -- Performed ver well so deserve a go.

6.Shahid Afridi -- His name is enough for the opponents to think well before the match starts.

7.Sharjeel K -- Stand and deliever , monster hitter.

8.S.Tanvir -- Very handy for T20 's.

9.S.Ajmal -- A must spin bowler for this format for his magical delieveries.

10. J.Khan -- Dangerous lefty pacer with clever mind for depth overs.

11.U.Gul -- In a T20 4 over spell , he can produce 24 consecutive yorkers , nuff said.

12. Ahmad Shahzad -- Xplosive batsman for this format.

13.Hammad Azam -- Nice bloke for T20 's , can deliever with both bat n ball.

14.Ramiz Raja Jnr -- When he hits , its very rare that the ball will land inside the boundry rope.

15.A.Cheema -- He can beat you with his firing pace .

36. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012

You think Awais Zia should be included? Ha. The way he played against England in all 3 of the T20's earlier on this year was like stick cricket. At the end of the day no matter who is selected in the final 15 I guarantee it'll perform very well.

37. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    Xcuse me but Shehzad and farad have hardly played any games and asad shafiq isn't bad at all u can't blame him, Khalid latif was given very limited chances and as for shazaib he was in the wc 09 squad!
    It was the likes of our senior players like razzaq failing, u can't blame the younger ones they r the future.

38. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    I agree with Abrar Meer awais zia is a pure slogger he was like umar gul not like an opener at all!

39. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    We did better than anyone expected, no one thought we would get to the semi-final, it was a miracle for people!
    And u can't be failing and still get to the semis!

40. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Fawad and Shafiq are great test players but they dont have a place in my limited overs team maybe Shafiq can play odis but i would pick Shoaib Malik ahead of him in odi side too. Ill pick Fawad Alam ahead of Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq in a test side he is that good a player in tests