PSL 2021 | Discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by s_h_a_f, Feb 20, 2021.

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    ....incase anyone is interested.

2. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Looking forward to see competitive matches. Hopefully they are not lopsided.

3. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Is there a profile of Arshad Iqbal?

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I think the boundary sizes are little better than I expected. They are not like 60 meters.
    I hope they increase it to 80 meters if not 85.

This will separate tulla maar lapaaru prostitutes from the real batsmen.

I also hope Azam Khan is fully exposed and all the hype goes down the drain.

He is a shame to look at as a sportsman.

5. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Two dead matches so far...batting standards look shite

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Pakistani batsmen look very poor. Just the usuals scoring

7. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
  8. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010

One reason is what @ShokoTolo_LoloMoto mentioned. I like balance matches not onside love affair of batsman. Even rules these days are screwed to help batsmen more.

9. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Apart from Babar & Rizwan...yet to see proper Pakistani batsmen. Tullahs everywhere. The scary thing is these tullahs will represent Pak at the T20 WC.

10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Absolutely loving it!

Notice the boundary size is ever so slightly bigger than 65 meters or something, and they are falling like flies.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to see when the boundary is relatively stretched out. It’s has truly exposed the tullaz.

And as you can clearly see that those little known domestic Australian batsmen in BBL have a much faster bat speed.

They are more stronger and fitter and have better foot work than our national players.

T20 batting has no concept of elegance, class and/or timing.

It’s all about bat speed and muscular strength backed up by hand~eye coordination and footwork - and all our batsmen are not Intl quality in both areas.

Once we know and fully acknowledge that this is our weakest link in the mix, we should be able to start working on it, and develop true POWER HITTERS.

But if we choose to live in denial and not even ready to accept it as an absolutely main issue (which will be the case) then we will continue to look this miserable, under-confident and clueless, and keep bating like charsies.

11. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    If you watch the Tape Ball in Pakistan, the batsmen do have bat speed it is the strength they lack to hit hardball over the boundary. It is all because you do not need that much strength in Tape Ball.

12. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    no.
    Tape ball bat is feather light - and boundary lines are about 40 meters. That’s a freaking joke.

with hard ball, you need to have strong agile and active muscles - but instead of looking lean and fit, many of our batsmen look like street bums.

13. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Hopefully, the attraction of the money in these leagues will get more involved in the hardball cricket.