PSL 4th Edition (News and Updates): Draft to be held on 20 Nov (MS thinking of repurchasing -Upt 69)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    The Pakistan Super League (PSL) on Thursday revealed the list of foreign players who will be up for grabs in the Platinum category during the draft for the fourth edition.

As per details, some of the big names of international cricket including former South Africa captain AB de Villiers, former Australia captain Steve Smith and New Zealand’s hard-hitting opener Colin Munro are in the list for the draft.

This will be the first time when De Villiers and Smith will take part in the PSL.

The full list includes De Villiers, Smith, Brendon McCullum, Chris Lynn, Munro, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Luke Ronchi, Mitchell McClenaghan, Rashid Khan, Thisara Perera, Shane Watson, Colin Ingram and Imran Tahir.

Talking about the experience of playing in the tournament, Multan Sultans all-rounder Pollard revealed that he has always enjoyed taking part in the PSL. "PSL is an extremely competitive tournament," said Pollard. "Whenever availability permits, I always look forward to playing in the PSL.”

Lahore Qalandars’ off-spinner Narine believes next edition will be the most competitive one so far. "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the PSL in all these seasons," said Narine. "The next year should be even bigger and better with such an impressive player roster."

Islamabad United wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi, who was PSL3’s player of the tournament, also showed excitement for the upcoming edition.

"I had a phenomenal run with the Pakistan Super League last year and I can't wait to get back into action," said Ronchi. "I loved the hospitality of the people when we played in Karachi and we managed to create some very special memories by lifting the trophy last year.”

The fourth edition of the league will begin from February 14 in the UAE, whereas the draft is expected to take place in November.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/smith-de-villiers-in-platinum-category-for-psl4-draft

2. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I couldn’t commit to the PSL this year’-JP Duminy

South African all-rounder JP Duminy revealed his unavailability for the next edition of the PSL citing busy domestic and International schedules.

Duminy on Thursday tweeted that it was a great experience while playing with Islamabad United in the PSL 3.

He said that the quality and standard are too high in Pakistan’s only cricketing league and competitive cricket let players know how to observe pressure.

“Really enjoyed my time at Islamabad United last season but unfortunately I couldn’t commit to the PSL this year because of domestic and national team commitments,” his tweet quoted.

He added that he will come back soon to play to get featured in the PSL once again.

“I will be back as and when availability permits,” he stated in his tweet.

Duminy who led Islamabad United to the title victory in PSL 3, scored 249 runs in eight matches for the two-time champion PSL franchise.

The 34-years-old, Duminy travelled to Pakistan despite not getting the NOC from the South African board.

https://arysports.tv/i-couldnt-commit-to-the-psl-this-year-jp-duminy/

3. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    PSL 4: Players categories announced, checkout your favourite player class

*ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Super League 4th edition categories of players have been announced.*

Sarfraz Ahmed, Misbahul Haq, Shahid Afridi, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal and Mohammad Hafeez are among the 14 players placed in platinum category.

The diamond category consists of nine players like Imad Wasim, Mohammad Sami, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Nawaz and Usman Shinwari.

Twenty players have been categorised in the Gold category with the Umar Akmal, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Umar Gul, Bilal Asif , Haris Sohail and Sohaib Maqsood among them.

The silver category comprises of 34 players, including Sahibzada Farhan, Mir Hamza and Mohammad Abbas.

The emerging category consists of 12 players like Ibtisam Sheikh, Rohail Nazir, Mohammad Taha and Ghulam Mudassar.

The tournament will kick off in Dubai on February 14, 2019.

The governing council of the PSL , in a meeting chaired by the Pakistan Cricket Board head, agreed to organise the final eight matches of the next edition in different cities of Pakistan.

https://timesofislamabad.com/04-Oct...nnounced-checkout-your-favourite-player-class

4. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
  5. Muhammad8279

Muhammad8279 Youngsta Beauty

Aug 19, 2018
    I like Darren Sammy, that's y Peshawar Zalmi :D

6. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I like his resilience, his passion for the game and the way he support his team and players. A treat to watch !

7. Muhammad8279

Aug 19, 2018
  8. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I used to support KK, but they sucks, so now I just watch the games and support whoever plays better cricket :p.

9. Muhammad8279

Aug 19, 2018
    What about APL? Inaugural edition is starting from tomorrow. I think team Squads is pretty good.

10. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah bro, I was lucky I didnt break my TV when they lost to LQ, and since then I decided that I dont have what it takes to support this team - so I quit. Supporting Pakistan is enough, I cant handle two teams :D.

That said, we have many good posters who support Zalmi like Asli, Don and Prince etc. Inline is their thread.

https://cricistan.com/threads/psl-peshawar-zalmi-fans-thread.39320/page-40#post-1358602

11. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Which channel will broadcast it? Do you know?

PCB didnt give NOC to many Pakistani players. Afridi is the only one who will play I reckon, because he's retired :D.

12. Muhammad8279

Aug 19, 2018
    In India DSport will telecast, but not sure about the rest of the World. Have read on the below-mentioned website that Geo Super and Ten Sports will broadcast APL in Pakistan. But today Abu Dhabi t20 league matches are on air on Geo Super and they will broadcast all matches of Abu Dhabi T20 Trophy.

http://pakistansuperleaguepsl.com/afghanistan-premier-league-live-streaming/

13. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I am in Canada, so will see how I can steam it.

14. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    You can download a streaming tv app on your phone, or even on a smart tv.

Sent from knowhere

15. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, I have it at home but here, at work, I don't have many options.

16. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Don't tell me your bosses have put "entertainment sanctions" on you??

Sent from knowhere

17. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    lol, not me, but at work we have strict firewall rules.

18. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Ah, got it.
    Don't people try to find some "secret passage" through said firewall?

Sent from knowhere

19. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Somebody tried and they fired him (because it was a breach of code of conduct) :D, since then nobody dared to do it.

20. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
  21. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    That is why i LOVE this whole "hire and fire" system.
    Sadly, it will NEVER be implemented in Pakistan.

Sent from knowhere

22. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Hmm... I reckon its easy to get away with such thing in Pakistan. Never worked there so have no idea.

23. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    PSL Player Draft Platinum Roster

LAHORE: South African legend AB de Villiers and prolific Australian batsman Steve Smith will be two of the star attractions at this year's Pakistan Super League (PSL) Player Draft.

Some of the world's most exciting T20 stars are set to dazzle at the PSL once again which re-runs to action on February 14 next year, said a spokesman of the Pakistan Cricket Board here on Thursday.

The list also includes the Windies trio of Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine. Bravo was picked up by Peshawar Zalmi last year but couldn't join the team due to an injury. Pollard, the Multan Sultans all-rounder, said he was looking forward to play in the PSL once again.

"PSL is an extremely competitive tournament," said Pollard. "Whenever availability permits, I always look forward to playing at the PSL," he added.

Sunil Narine, who has been an integral part of the Lahore Qalandars squad, shared his excitement at seeing so many stars sign up for the 2019 edition. "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the PSL in all these seasons," said Narine. "The next year should be even bigger and better with such an impressive player roster."

Australian star Chris Lynn, who was ruled out of last year's tournament for Lahore Qalandars due to an injury, has also signed with the PSL again for the upcoming season.

Lynn is joined on the list by fellow Australian star Shane Watson who topped the batting charts for Quetta Gladiators last year with 319 runs in 10 matches.

Black Caps' wicket-keeper batsman Luke Ronchi goes up from Diamond to Platinum this year, given his prolific form in the last season where he was the highest run-scorer with 435 runs in 11 matches for Islamabad United.

"I had a phenomenal run with at the Pakistan Super League last year and I can't wait to get back into action," said Ronchi. "I loved the hospitality of the people when we played in Karachi and we managed to create some very special memories by lifting the trophy last year," added Ronchi while talking about his experience of playing in Pakistan.

Ronchi's former New Zealand teammates Brendon McCullum and Mitchell McClenaghan would join him on the list.

Afghanistan spin sensation Rashid Khan will be looking to play his first PSL game this year after being called up for national duty last year. He is currently placed on the Quetta Gladiators' roster. Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera is also in the mix as a Platinum category player, Perera has represented Gladiators in the past.

South African and Karachi Kings batsman Colin Ingram returns as a Platinum signing on the back of a very successful T20 campaign in England where he scored 430 runs in 11 matches this season. "Playing with Karachi Kings gave me a great opportunity to interact with some lovely people from Pakistan," said Ingram. "The quality of cricket at the PSL stood out for me but, more importantly, I am very proud of the fact that I played in Pakistan and experienced what this game means to Pakistani fans."

All those foreign players on this list who were a part of PSL squads last season can be retained, traded or released into the Draft Pool. With the trade and retention window currently open, the next few weeks promise to offer great excitement for PSL fans as teams will make key decisions on player retentions, trades and releases.

"This is a very exciting mix of top quality foreign players," said Mr. Ehsan Mani, Chairman PCB. "In the next few days PSL will continue to announce more foreign player signings in various categories as the excitement grows around what should be an extremely interesting Player Draft."

https://timesofislamabad.com/04-Oct...ith-headline-psl-player-draft-platinum-roster

24. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Not him and some good players are coming it seems. Refer to post # 23.

25. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I was talking in more broad terms, like beurocracy etc.
    Their "job security" means that they can get away with ANYTHING.

Sent from knowhere

26. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I see what you mean.

27. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    PSL 4 faces a little setback

*Batsmen JP Duminy and David Warner won’t be a part of the fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League, ESPN Cricinfo has reported.*

South African cricketer Duminy represented Islamabad United in the cricketing league.

ESPN Cricinfo reported that Warner refused to take part in this year’s edition.

The former Australian vice-captain was banned from international cricket for a year over his involvement in the ball-tampering case during the tour of South Africa this year.

https://timesofislamabad.com/05-Oct-2018/psl-4-faces-a-little-setback

28. maddgenius

maddgenius Smooth Operator

Oct 6, 2014
  29. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
  30. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    PSL: Trials of players by Karachi Kings on Oct 16

Trials of players for fourth edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) by Karachi Kingswill be held in Dera Ismail Khan on 16th of this month.

According to Regional Sports Officer Dera Ismail Khan, trials of players belonging to Dera Ismail Khan, Tank and South Waziristan will be held in Ratta Kulachi Sports complex D.I.Khan.

He said that these trials will help in finding new talent and will provide opportunities to the players to show their mantle in PSL.

Similarly Karachi Kings selection team will take the trials of players in Swat, Swabi and Haripur in this month.

https://timesofislamabad.com/10-Oct-2018/psl-trials-of-players-by-karachi-kings-on-oct-16

31. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Karachi Kings’ ‘Khiladi Ki Khoj’ to start from Friday

Karachi Kings’ talented hunt program Khiladi ki Khoj to kick off on Friday from Swat where the Pakistan Super League franchise will look to unearth hidden gems.

It will be the third season of Karachi Kings’ mega talent hunt program, which will take place in different cities of the country.

The trials in Swat will take place on October 12 at Grassy Cricket Ground Mangora.[​IMG]Khiladi Ki Khoj will move to Haripur on October 14 and the trials will be conducted at Rashid Latif Cricket Academy and Railway Cricket Stadium.

Karachi Kings will also give a chance to budding cricketers of D.I. Khan to prove their worth on October 16 at Ratta Kulachi Sports Complex, Cricket Stadium.

Sialkot will be the next stop for Karachi Kings’ talent hunt, the players will give their trials in Jinnah International Stadium on October 18.

The selection committee for the talent hunt program will look to discover hidden gems in Khanewal on October 19 at Shabbir Stadium.

Young cricketers of Waqar Younis’ city, Bhurewala will exhibit their talent to Khiladi Ki Khoj’s selectors on October 20 at Rashid Latif Cricket Academy and Quaid-e-Azam Sports Stadium.

The last stop for Karachi Kings’ talent hunt program will be Sadiqabad, the trials will take place on October 21 at Army Stadium.

Karachi Kings have been conducting open trials in order to unearth hidden cricket talent. Taking it to a step further, they conducted the trials all over Sindh in 2018, this time they aim to hold trials in multiples cities outside the province.

The selected cricketers may get a place in Karachi Kings’ squad. Last year, Mushtaq Kalhoro was identified during trials at Sukkur and was picked for the Karachi Kings’ squad for PSL 2017.

https://arysports.tv/karachi-kings-khiladi-ki-khoj-start-friday/

32. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Mani talks about bringing PSL to Pakistan in three years

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ehsan Mani said on Thursday that he is aiming to bring Pakistan Super League (PSL) to Pakistan in the next three years.

“We are gradually trying to increase the number of PSL matches that take place in Pakistan and will try to bring the entire event to home soil within the next three years,” Mani said while talking to a leading newspaper.

Talking about reforms in PCB, he talked about bringing professionalism within the board.

“My objective is to bring institutional professionalism within the PCB so that in the future, even if there is a change of chairman, the board follows the right direction,” he said. “Best practice, corporate governance, accountability and transparency will be core values of the board.”

He said that the board has lacked professionalism in the past instead, there was no check and balance. Moreover, he told that people worked within their comfort zone rather than going extra miles.

“In the past there has been lack of professionalism and check and balances which has led to poor decision making but now we will ensure that a proper system is in place so that no one exceeds their authority,” he said.

“I’m currently observing the people who are working with the PCB by looking at their strengths and weaknesses and once I’m done with that I will ensure that the board is fit for purpose. I’m not the kind of person who works in accordance with his comfort zone as my primary focus is on a professional approach,” he added.

Ehsan Mani, who replaced Najam Sethi as PCB chairman, showed complete confidence on Champions Trophy-winning skipper Sarfraz Ahmed, despite Asia Cup’s flop show.

“I want to make it clear that I have full confidence in Sarfraz Ahmed as captain of the side. The team has delivered under his leadership and the Champions Trophy victory is a glaring example in that regard,” he said.

He echoed Prime Minister Imran Khan’s vision of reducing the number of teams in domestic cricket to increase the standard of the game.

“I agree with Imran Khan because there are way too many teams playing domestic first-class and non-first-class cricket. There is too much quantity while very little quality due to this issue,” he said. “I can’t share my plans right now but let me assure you that in the future there will be fewer teams participating in domestic cricket.”

https://arysports.tv/mani-talks-bringing-psl-pakistan-three-years/

33. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Ahmed Shehzad included in PSL4 draft

Opener Ahmed Shehzad has been included in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) pool of players.

As per reports, the 26-year-old — who is currently serving a four-month ban after failing dope test — is included in Gold category for fourth edition’s draft.

The right-handed batsman played for Multan Sultans last year and he is currently placed on their roster. Sultans can either retain, trade or release him back into the draft pool.

It is worth mentioning here that, Shehzad has played 13 Tests, 81 One-Day Internationals (ODI) and 57 T20Is for Pakistan.

The batsman was suspended by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in July and his four-month ban is effective from 10 July.

The fourth edition of the league will begin from February 14 in the UAE, whereas the draft is expected to take place in November.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/ahmed-shehzad-included-in-psl4-draft

34. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  35. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan Super League players draft 2018 schedule revealed

LAHORE - The much-awaited Pakistan Super League Player Draft 2018 will take place on November 20 in Islamabad. The Player Draft has been moved out of Lahore in a bid to make more cities part of PSL activities,said a spokesman of the PCB here on Friday.

“Following the PSL final in Karachi this year,there are a total of eight games scheduled to take place in Pakistan (Karachi and Lahore),Islamabad is set to be the second city in Pakistan after Lahore to host the PSL Player Draft”,he said.

“In the lead up to this year’s Draft, all six teams will finalize their player retentions by November 13. The trade window will close a day earlier on November 12. As per the rules for this season, each team can retain a maximum of 10 players”, he added.

He said this season’s pool of top-tier player roster includes foreign stars such as AB de Villiers,Steve Smith,Kieron Pollard,Colin Munro,Shane Watson,Sunil Narine,Chris Lynn and Daren Sammy.

“This galaxy of foreign stars will team up with Pakistan’s leading talent including the likes of national skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali and Fakhar Zaman”,said the spokesman. Players who took part in last year’s season can be retained,traded or released back into the Draft pool. - APP

https://timesofislamabad.com/12-Oct-2018/pakistan-super-league-players-draft-2018-schedule-revealed

36. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Youngsta Beauty

Aug 23, 2018
    Exactly the same for me. I'm completely neutral.

37. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Youngsta Beauty

Aug 23, 2018
    Looking forward to this edition.

The hype is real!

Will go to all games in Karachi if my schedule permits it.

38. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I actually lost interest in KK when they lost from LQ, lol.

Infact now I support LQ more than KK, because at least they invest in young guys, unlike KK who take number of TV actors and actresses to Dubai on paid vacation as cheerleader - I hate this attitude of Salman, who is such a wannabe.

39. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    PSL 4: Important announcements made

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Super League (PSL) management has announced when and where the player drafts for the upcoming season of the PSL 4 will take place.

PSL’s press release has confirmed that Islamabad would become the second city to hold drafts for the next season of the premier league.

Drafting for the first three editions was conducted in Lahore. It also mentions that the player draft will take place on November 20.

The teams have been informed that the trade window for players will close on November 12. All the six teams have been asked to finalise their player retention by November 13. According to the latest rules, which will come into effect from this season, the teams may retain as many as 10 players from their previous squad.

Players who were part of PSL 2018 can be retained, traded or released back into the draft pool.

The star-studded fourth season of the league is set to kick start from February 14, 2019.

https://timesofislamabad.com/15-Oct-2018/psl-4-important-announcements-made

40. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    PSL franchises demand PKR as practicable currency instead of US Dollar

The six franchises of Pakistan Super League wrote a letter to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) demanding to use Pakistani rupee as operational currency instead of US dollar.

The letter was submitted to the Chairman PCB Ehsan Mani in which franchises mentioned that behind the loss of $15-18 million they face depreciation of the Pakistani currency.

“It is highlighted that franchises as a group are losing between $15-18mn every year in the PSL,” the letter read.

Franchises further wrote, “while the next asset sales cycle is expected to improve this somewhat, the impending economic slowdown, the dramatic depreciation of the PKR, the currency mismatch in the franchise revenue and cost sources, along with the excessive taxation by PRA/FBR, have raised serious concerns about the financial sustainability of all teams”

It was also highlighted in the letter that each franchise has roughly lost 25-30 per cent due to the currency valuation.

The franchises have also proposed that already agreed-upon deals in greenbacks should be fixed at Rs105 a dollar.

“The agreement stipulates this be done at the going USD rate whereas we recommend this be done at the equivalent value of the USD as of the bid date and that PKR value retained throughout the term of the agreement,” the letter read.

PSL franchises also look for a tax waiver from the government.

https://arysports.tv/psl-franchises-demand-use-pak-rupee-practicable-currency/