[PSL] Islamabad United Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Desi_Joker, Dec 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Islamabad beat Multan by 7 wickets.
    Faheem Ashraf took 4 wickets restricting them to 155 while Misbah scored 42*.

Yes United

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  3. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    United owner hopeful of team winning PSL trophy again

KARACHI: Islamabad United won the inaugural edition of Pakistan Super League, but were eliminated in the first eliminator by Karachi Kings in the second edition. Now, they’re – once again – aiming to lift the PSL trophy.

Ali Naqvi, the owner of Islamabad United, says that he’s confident that his team will be in action on March 25, when high-profile cricket would return to Karachi in the final of the third edition of Pakistan Super League.

“I am very confident that Islamabad United will be playing the final in Karachi on 25th,” said Naqvi in an exclusive chat with this correspondent.

“In sha Allah, we will give our best. Team composition is very good and I am very satisfied with the players picked to form this squad for the third season,” he added.

Naqvi said that his side struggled in batting department last season but the picks made in this season have transformed Islamabad United into a balanced side, once again.

“It is a very good and balanced side with performers in all departments of game. Bowling has always been our strength. We had some issues with batting in previous edition but this time we have good batsmen in our ranks as well,” he said, when asked about his team’s strengths.

His team also has the credit of introducing spin sensation Shadab Khan who is now Pakistan’s to-go bowler in limited over cricket.

“I feel proud to see Shadab performing as a top player. He will be performing for Pakistan for next 20 years,” a smiling Ali Naqvi said, with pride visible on his face.

“The biggest advantage of PSL is that we have got some very good new players like Shadab and Rumman. Some seniors have made a comeback as well and did well too,” he highlighted.

The biggest change in Islamabad’s outlook this season is in the change of team’s director, along with some changes in batting line-up.

Waqar Younis has replaced his former bowling partner Wasim Akram as director cricket. He is also the team’s bowling coach.

Ali said that Waqar is very passionate about training young bowlers.

“Waqar is very passionate about cricket, very passionate about training juniors. We have picked a young fast bowler Mohammad Husnain and Waqar is aiming to groom him. If a young player gets a mentor like Waqar at young age then imagine his confidence,” he spoke about the former captain and coach of Pakistan cricket team.

“Wasim and Waqar both are big names. We had great time with Wasim in the first two seasons. Team was very very strong. Waqar is equally a strong name,” he noted.

Ali Naqvi highlighted that PCB and PSL franchises are aiming to have most of the PSL matches in Pakistan in next two years to make the league stronger and sustainable.

“Franchises and PCB both are aiming to shift entire PSL to Pakistan because it is necessary for the league,” he said.

“PCB did the final in Lahore last year which was very beneficial. Crowd responded well, it was beneficial in monetary aspects as well. Karachi has a rich history of cricket and PSL final here will be a great thing. Over the next two, three years we must have 15 to 20 matches of PSL in Pakistan,” he concluded.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/182736-united-owner-hopeful-of-team-winning-psl-trophy-again

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Islamabad United’s Luke Ronchi expecting good competition in PSL 2018

DUBAI: New Zealand and Islamabad United player Luke Ronchi said on Tuesday that he is expecting a good competition in the upcoming Pakistan Super League tournament.

The tournament will kick-off from February 22, with the first match between Peshawar Zalmi and debutants Multan Sultans.

Ronchi, who has scored 2722 runs in 150 T20s, said: “It has been good, it is good to be around with the guys and meet some new people, a new coaching staff and stuff like that seems like a fun group to be a part of.”

The Kiwi batsman said that he is hopeful of getting his team into the final game of the tournament.

Speaking on the quality of the tournament he said that comparatively the tournament is quite really hard.

“A lot of people talk about in terms of putting up with Big Bash. It's going to be a good competition, it's going to be a high competition,” he said.

Earlier today, a ceremony to unveil the glittering winners’ trophy was held in Dubai. The silverware for the tournament was unveiled to the public at the Dubai International Stadium.

The trophy was received by the captains of the PSL teams and carried to the ceremony by defending champions Peshawar Zalmi skipper Darren Sammy.

https://www.geo.tv//psl/latest/1828...ronchi-expecting-good-competition-in-psl-2018

7. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    On paper the most complete and strongest team but there is one man who will undo all.

Misbah is the weakest link in the team nd he will have to play as well which will affect the team formation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
  9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
  10. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Expect Misbah to prove all the doubters wrong.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    What exactly does he need to prove?

He is 44 not 24.

12. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    did what Dhoni and other captains from Asia couldn't do at age 41

first captain to win series in SA

13. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    True but know it’s time for him to go, I don’t mind him playing the odd domestic match but why is he allowed to play in the PSL.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Come on be realistic. You should support your team and be realistic about the weak points.

Is he not the weakest link ?

15. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I genuinely dont see him as weak and people are making him out to be

16. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  17. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    PSL is a domestic tournament, his life his choice

and you really shouldn't be asking Islamabad supporter this question, he's a legend like how Afridi is a legend in many eyes

18. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Misbah to shut everyone with his SRs higher than Afridis this season, mark my words

19. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Pakistan has produced only 3 legends in cricket - Imran, Wasim and Waqar

Rest all just our own superstars and nothing more... stop using the term so loosely

20. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Javed Miandad, Younis Khan & Inzimam ul Haq as well.

21. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Javed yes, YK in tests... inzi is not remembered as a great out of Pakistan

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Agree with Munna.

Imran Waqar Wasim are considered as ATG because they have dominated all formats (odis and tests) at their peak.

Yk has done well but a below average odi batsman and mostly feated on dubai highways and when bowling wasnt that great.

IK, Was and Waq achieved greatness when conditions/situations werent in their favour.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  23. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Yet those you mentioned failed to beat SA in SA

only 1 from 63 captains representing Asia defeated South Africa in South Africa. He is a legend

24. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Waqar Younis never won a World Cup @Munna , how is he a legend ?

25. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    200 hundreds in England and Australia were on roads I guess

26. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    by that logic then Kohli is also a legendary captain now.

Legends don't lose tests against Zimbabwe and WI and I think we've gone through these debates many times before so its redundant

27. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    everyone here forgetting YK has the highest double hundred conversion rate in Test cricket, he is a LEGEND

28. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Wasim lost tests and ODs to zimbabwe and west indies too

Also may I add Kohli is in his prime, Misbah wasn't

also May I add Misbah is the only Pakistani captain to win Test series in West Indies :rofl

29. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    World cups are not a benchmark to consider someone a legend. Many greats of the game haven't won world cups as well like Bradman or Sobers. Tendulkar was considered GOAT long before 2011 world cup. Misbah also hasn't won a world cup

30. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    World Cup stamp on someone's career solidifies his legacy. There wasn't any World Cup during Bradman era, Sobers was a very good batsman nothing more, Viv was a legend though

PS: Misbah won the 2009 world cup

31. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    The point remains intact, Misbah apart from his test feats as a captain is not going to be considered a great of the game due to his own performances as a player.

32. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    He hardly did anything in 2009 world cup... wasn't even in the playing xi in many games.

And Sobers is considered the best ever all rounder of the game

33. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    his OD stats says he was a very good batsman. I can't even count how many times Misbah had to rescue the pathetic line he had from the collapse they had caused

34. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    World Cup squad mai to tha and he played a gem against Holland

Sobers is only considered a great because of those six sixes, without that he wouldn't be considered the best all rounder

Abdur Razzaq got MOS in 2000 Tri Series in Australia for mainly hitting McGrath for 5 fours in a row

35. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    He wasn't a match winner despite his rescue attempts which many many times still resulted in losses. Waqar single handedly won countless games from unbelievable positions and thats why he features in many Best XIs of many big names of the game. Wasim and Imran for the same reason. Miandad was a match winner too and a great competitive player on the field which are still remembered to date.

36. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Are you serious?

Sobers did a lot more in his career than hitting those sixes in a side game.

Razzaq did a lot more in that series apart from hitting those fours lol ... he was one of the top scorers in that series and did very well with the ball too. That series was actually the turning point in his career.

Why am I even having this discussion comparing apples with oranges fp

37. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Im not intersted in any kind of interaction with you. Please ignore my posts and do not quote me in future.

Thanks.

38. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    there's a pointless thread for discussing off topic stuff

39. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Wasim Akram lost a home Test series to Zimbabwe as Captain.

40. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    In my opinion Younis Khan had achieved much more in Test cricket than Waqar Younis. He is the highest test run scorer of Pakistan. Waqar is not even the highest wicket taker of Pakistan. I was a big fan of Waqar and I rate him more than Wasim but it is unfair to put him ahead of Younis Khan when it comes to tests.