[PSL] Karachi Kings Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Dec 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Karachi the only talent explorer in this league.... who else would have unearthed the singing gem hidden in lala

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  3. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  6. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  7. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  9. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    So jobbers like Babar and Salman Iqbal travel in the first class whereas veterans sir Faisal Iqbal and Khurram Manzoor have to sit in the economy class... travesty

10. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Karachi like they going off to war or something lol

11. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    poor poor gesture from Karachi owner

12. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    it is a war

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Khiladi ki Khoj program injects new talent into national-level cricket: Salman Iqbal

KARACHI: CEO ARY Digital Network and Karachi Kings owner Mr. Salman Iqbal on Sunday said the aspirant cricketers who were hunted down during the trials for ‘Khiladi ki Khoj’ (talent hunt programme), organized under the aegis of Karachi Kings franchise, have been playing the international cricket.

Addressing an event organized in the honour of Karachi Kings here, the CEO ARY Digital Network said around five to six players who were exposed to international cricket through talent hunt programme are now playing for Pakistan Under-19 team.

“These cricketers are now part of 16-player team to represent the national team in Under-19 World Cup,” the Karachi Kings owner said.

He said these are small initiatives that are expanding the cricket at national level. “The PSL has gained immense popularity internationally as it’s the second most watched tournament,” he said.

Mr. Iqbal was of view that India announced a triangular cricket series merely 15 days ahead of PSL third edition. “The announcement of tri-nation series is evident that the PSL has become a popular game,” he added.

On the occasion, he thanked the law enforcement agencies (LEAs) officials for ensuring foolproof security measures.

Later in the day, Karachi Kings departed for United Arab Emirates (UAE) to take on Quetta Gladiators on Friday (February 23) in the third edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL).

https://arynews.tv/en/khiladi-ki-khoj-program-injects-talent-cricket-salman-iqbal/

14. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Imad Wasim promises to lead Karachi Kings to PSL3 final

KARACHI: Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchise Karachi Kings, in their send-off event at Naya Nazimabad, expressed the hope of entering the finals of the third edition of the tournament.

Karachi Kings captain Imad Wasim said team will try to put smiles on the fans of the franchise by winning the title.

“We are going to the UAE keeping in mind that we have to win the title by performing in the third edition of the PSL. In the last two seasons we were not able to make Karachi fans happy, but this time we will come to Karachi for the final and win it,” said Imad. “You all just pray for us and leave the rest to us, we will not disappoint you this time.”

Right-handed opener Babar Azam said Kings look in shape courtesy a good mix of players. “We will try to give our best and make it into the final,” he said.

Meanwhile, the first international PSL player to come to Karachi, England all-rounder Ravi Bopara said: “The way I was welcomed by everyone in Karachi was incredible. I just want you all to keep supporting your team. We have a wonderful team and we will win.”

“We did have a good team in previous editions but unfortunately we were not able to make it into the final, but this time we will,” he said, adding that visiting Karachi before the final is a great pleasure for him.

“I am here before the final and the security is up to the mark. When I go back, everyone will be asking me about the visit and I know they will be pleased to hear all the good experiences I had in these two days.”

Karachi Kings director cricket operations Rashid Latif believes sixth team’s addition will make the league more competitive. “With the inclusion of sixth team, the level of competition has increased and also the chance for our youngsters to play top level cricket with international stars.”

Chief Minister of Sindh Murad Ali Shah was also present at the ceremony and wished the team well. “This time, instead of going to Dubai to watch PSL, I’ll be waiting here in Karachi to welcome the team for the final and I hope that Karachi is one of the teams in the final.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1638319/7-imad-wasim-promises-lead-karachi-kings-psl3-final/

15. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Shahid Afridi brings experience, explosive power to the team: Ravi Bopara

Karachi Kings’ star all-rounder Ravi Bopara believes Shahid Afridi will bring experience and explosive power to the team in both the batting and bowling departments.

“Shahid Afridi brings a lot to the team,” said Ravi Bopara. “He brings experience, explosiveness in batting and he is a wicket-taker as well.

“He is one of the toughest T20 bowlers to face, he is a brilliant all-round cricketer, he brings fear factor as well. You know when the team has got Shahid still to come to bat, the game is not finished, if you need 12 or 13 runs in over and he stays for 5 or 6 overs, you know the game will get close,” he went on to say.

Ravi Bopara visited Karachi for the team launch event, where he also featured in ARY Digitial’s game show, Jeeto Pakistan, he hoped that Karachi Kings will qualify for the final of the tournament and whether they stand victorious or not, it will be a huge win for them.

“It was nice to visit Karachi at the start, in previous years we have not come to Pakistan,” he told. “It was good to see what it is all about and the hype, so I am very excited” he added.

“Hope we will qualify for the final, I think if we play the final here in Karachi, even if we win or lose, it will be a big win for Karachi Kings to come to the city and play it with all the stars of the team.”

Talking about the coaching combination of Azhar Mehmood and Mickey Arthur, he told that the former Pakistan all-rounder has played T20 cricket all around the world and the South African has coached teams in different regions of the world, so it will be very helpful for the team.

https://arysports.tv/afridi-experience-explosive-bopara/

16. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Good that shinwari is back. Kings bowling attack is quite potent

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Winner of FIFA World Cup '18 Prediction Contest

Apr 26, 2011
    Bakwas Onwer + Bakwas sponsor = Bakwas Team

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I hope Karachi finishes last once again.

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Once again ? When did they finish last before ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

20. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Last or second last is not the point.

21. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    They finished 3rd last season

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I will try write a preview about Kings and their chances.. not sure when but if i get some spare time today evening or tomorrow

23. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Sultan of Swing

Sep 12, 2010
    @ASLI-PATHAN picking fights he cannot win don’t know y

24. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Sponsor is not bakwas :shrug

Anyway, why dislike the team because of the owners or sponsors. Why not dislike Pakistan team because Nawaz is his patron and Sethi is the chairman then.

Karachi is a roshniyon ka sheher.... and Imad+Arthur+Lala+MQM will bring our roshniyaan back :D

25. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Pakistan is our National team and not owned by someone. But this Karachi team owned by ARY is not a likeable team at all. Plus they appointed Imad the Captain lol.

I am also angry on Lala for ditching our team and joining Karachi. That's why I hope they finish last. The only positive thing about this team is MQM. lol

26. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Can't win? Aaja maidaan mai

27. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    ARY is still less of an evil than Jang/Geo of Qalandars
    I have even read Javed Afridi's background is not any less dodgy but of course I am not sure about that. But the point remains that one shouldn't dislike a team due to its owners.

Even I am not Imad's fan but cmon... his cricketing abilities are almost at the same level of Sammy or may be even better. After Afridi, he is their best option to lead the team.

And you shouldn't blame lala for ditching Zalmi... you never know he might be playing for Multan next season if it suits his interests better. Anyway, Peshawar team hardly has any pakhtun players since beginning and same goes for other teams as well like Quetta doesn't even have any baloch players... so the loyalty factor goes out the window throughout this league.

28. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  29. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Will the under-achieving Karachi Kings do better under Imad Wasim?

Karachi Kings are the only Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchise that has not hesitated in experimenting with its leadership.

After trying out Shoaib Malik, Ravi Bopara and Kumar Sangakkara as team captains, Imad Wasim has now been tasked with leading a side that has never lacked flair but has largely underperformed.

They had a strong team on paper in both of the first two PSLs, but still fared poorly and failed to leave a mark on the tournament.

This time, however, the team's management seems determined to make a difference. They have let their intent known by making the biggest trade of the season by signing Shahid Afridi.

Afridi, or Boom Boom as he is affectionately referred to as, represented Peshawar Zalmi in the first two seasons and played a huge role in their stellar performances, but he has an emotional connection with Karachi — the city he cut his cricketing teeth in.

Can the Kings, who arguably have the largest fan base in the PSL, turn things around this time?

Despite having big names, PSL's second-most expensive team has not been able to showcase their true potential so far.

A leadership crisis in the team could be a major reason for their below-par performances which, with the inclusion of Afridi, may no longer be the case now.

A player of Afridi's charisma — something that has nothing to do with his on-field performances — can help bring unity to the team.

Wasim, the new captain, would be more than glad to have somebody as influential as the former Pakistan skipper by his side and helping him call the shots.

Wasim would want to improve his team’s record from the previous two editions, where the Kings managed just two and four wins respectively. He would need to utilise his men’s strengths to the maximum.

The key would be to know the best combination of players for each game.

Strengths and weaknesses
    The team's squad for the upcoming season is a nice blend of young and experienced players, both in the batting and bowling departments.

Batting remains the Kings' strength, with Babar Azam, Ravi Bopara and Eoin Morgan leading the pack. It will be on Afridi and Lendl Simmons to provide the firepower.

In the presence of Colin Ingram, Mohammad Rizwan and Khurram Manzoor, Wasim would not have to worry much about the batting line-up’s stability.

Bowling, however, should be a cause of concern for the Kings even with Mohammad Amir in their ranks. Mitchell Johnson’s withdrawal and Usman Khan Shinwari's injury are major blows to the team.

An further injuries to their remaining bowlers would likely put the franchise in a disarray.

Player availability
    The Kings took on board 25-year-old fast bowler Tymal Mills of England as replacement for Mitchell Johnson.

In place of New Zealand’s Colin Munro, who would not be able to take part in this season due to his domestic commitments, Lendl Simmons would be making his way into the Kings line-up.

Simmons is one of the many globetrotting West Indian cricketers known for their aggressive T20 game play.

England all-rounder Luke Wright was replaced by another English batsman Joe Denly. Wright excused himself from the tournament to nurse an ill-timed injury.

Player to watch: Hasan Mohsin

Hasan Mohsin, 20, would certainly be the one to watch out for. He was remarkable in Pakistan’s unimpressive run during the 2016 U-19 World Cup, scoring 293 runs and taking 11 wickets in six matches.

Mohsin, who started off as a leg-spinner but has since transformed himself into a reliable all-rounder and now bowls medium-fast, was dubbed as the find of the tournament by many cricket pundits at home.

[​IMG]
    Mohsin in action — File

In the domestic circuit, he is known to be the kind of batsman against whom the bowlers have to fight for his wicket. He may go on to be the ‘big find’ of the third PSL edition as well, just like Mohammad Nawaz in the first edition and Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan in the second.

Squad
    Imad Wasim (captain), Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Ravi Bopara, Usman Khan Shinwari, Usama Mir, Khurram Manzoor, Colin Ingram, Tymal Mills, Joe Denly, David Wiese, Tabish Khan, Mohammad Irfan, Hasan Mohsin, Lendl Simmons, Eoin Morgan and Saifullah Bangash.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1390386/p...ving-karachi-kings-do-better-under-imad-wasim

30. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  31. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    The only good thing about Karachi is that they have a player called Mohsin

MashaAllah

32. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @KarachiKingsARY: A very special shoutout by @FarooqHareem for her favorite team #KarachiKings in #HBLPSL3 @Salman_ARY @thePSLt20 #DeDhanaDhan

33. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Denly
    Babar
    Ingram
    Rizwan
    Bopara
    Mohsin
    Afridi
    Imad
    Amir
    Mills
    Shinwari/Usama

Or

Denly
    Simmons (wk)
    Ingram
    Babar
    Bopara
    Mohsin
    Afridi
    Imad
    Amir
    Usama
    Shinwari

This will be the lineup most probably.. morgan will be available after 10th

34. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  35. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Probably the only guy until now who's looking decent in that kit

36. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Najam Sethi praises Karachi Kings’ owner Salman Iqbal for reposing trust in youngsters

DUBAI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi on Tuesday praised Karachi Kings owner Salman Iqbal for reposing trust in a young cricketer like Imad Wasim by allowing him to lead the team in Pakistan Super League (PSL) third season, ARY News reported.

“I want to say something about Karachi Kings, I think he (Karachi Kings owner Salman Iqbal) took a great initiative by giving a young cricketer and all-rounder Imad Wasim an opportunity to lead the team. I laud him for reposing trust in youngster, this sure motivates them,” Najam Sethi told ARY News in Dubai.

Karachi Kings, along with other teams, has reached Dubai where the tournament will kick off from Thursday, February 22 with a clash between Multan Sultans and Peshawar Zalmi.

Karachi Kings fans who are backing the team for title victory, will see the unit clash with Sarfraz-led Quetta Gladiators on Friday, February 23 with Imad Wasim leading the team.

This year, the PSL fans will see 30 matches during the league till March 16, which will be later followed by the playoffs qualifying for the final. The final is due to be held in Karachi’s National Stadium.

This will be the first ever edition featuring six PSL teams instead of five and each side will play each other twice, besides the final of the league will be held in Karachi for first time on March 25, 2018.

https://arynews.tv/en/sethi-praises-karachi-kings-for-reposing-trust-in-youngsters/

38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Star-studded Karachi look to turn fortunes around

Karachi Kings
    Squad: Eoin Morgan, Lendl Simmons, Babar Azam, Khurram Manzoor, Colin Ingram, Joe Denly, Imad Wasim, Shahid Afridi, Ravi Bopara, Hasan Mohsin, David Wiese, Mohammad Taha, Mohammad Rizwan, Saifullah Bangash, Mohammad Amir, Usama Mir, Usman Khan, Mohammad Irfan, Tabish Khan, Tymal Mills

Best XI: 1. Khurrum Manzoor 2. Colin Ingram/Eoin Morgan 3. Babar Azam 4. Joe Denly 5. Ravi Bopara 6. Shahid Afridi 7. Imad Wasim (capt) 8. Mohammad Amir 9. Usman Khan 10. Tymal Mills 11. Tabish Khan

Coaching staff: Mickey Arthur (head coach), Azhar Mahmood (bowling coach), Rashid Latif (mentor), Mohammad Masroor (fielding coach), Faisal Iqbal (assistant manager), Naveed Rasheed (manager)

Although star-studded with the likes of Mohammad Amir, Chris Gayle, Kumar Sangakkara, Ravi Bopara, Kieron Pollard, Sohail Khan and Imad Wasim, the Karachi Kings have had mixed fortunes over the last two years. They faltered in the first season, winning just two out of eight group stage matches despite having several international stars. The series of defeats also led to a number of captaincy changes, but Karachi Kings found no respite as they finished second-last in the 2016 season.

They made a decent comeback in the second edition, finishing third in the group stage after crushing title defenders Islamabad United in the eliminator. However, Peshawar Zalmi ousted them in the second qualifier.

Team overview
    Karachi have rejigged their entire squad, releasing Shoaib Malik to bring in retired allrounder Shahid Afridi as their platinum player after trading with Peshawar Zalmi. He ended his two-year association with the team over reported differences with its owner Javed Afridi.

Afridi had missed the final with a finger injury he picked up during the playoffs in the UAE. In 10 matches last season, he had scored 177 runs at 25.28 with a strike rate of 173.52, and had taken two wickets at an economy of 6.75. He had also captained Peshawar in the inaugural edition of the tournament, before handing over to Darren Sammy.

England's Tymal Mills has been roped in to replace Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson who had pulled out of the tournament weeks before, citing personal reasons. First choice opener Luke Wright also ruled himself out over fitness concerns forcing the side to pick another Englishman, Joe Denly. Sangakkara, Gayle, Ryan McLaren, Kashif Bhatti, Shahzaib Hasan, Pollard and Mahela Jayawardena were released to bring in new crop. Karachi also brought in wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan from Lahore Qalandars in exchange for Sohail Khan.

[​IMG]
    Team-mates mob Kieron Pollard after Karachi Kings' win PCB/PSL

Strengths
    Karachi's best feature is their strong and refreshing blend of bowling options. They have Mohammad Amir who can lead the attack and can sign off dealing with death overs. Usman Khan is a young fast bowler can provide breakthroughs while left-arm quick Tymal Mills can trip the opposition batting with his pace. The team also has a number of spinners - veteran Shahid Afridi, Imad Wasim and legspinner Usama Mir.

Weakness

The middle order, centered around Afridi and Bopara, needs a dash of a few young and capable allrounders, as the veteran duo cannot be heavily relied on. On paper, their batting options look less threatening. They might expect their middle order to fire in case names like Babar Azam and Colin Ingram at the top fail.

Key foreign players
    Eoin Morgan, Colin Ingram and Lendl Simmons are the ones who can make the difference. Morgan smacked 80 not out at 173.91 against New Zealand in Hamilton to mark his form just days before the start of PSL, while Ingram made a number of big scores at the Big Bash League. Simmons, a T20 specialist, played just four matches in the 2017 Bangladesh Premier League and made 94 runs.

Under-the-radar local lads
    Hasan Mohsin finished the 2016 U-19 World Cup as the best allrounder, scoring 293 runs at 97.66 and picking up 11 wickets at 14.81. He has recently announced himself in the Grade I cricket in Pakistan domestic, where he played five first-class and nine List A games for Pakistan Television and scored a total of 356 runs and picked 18 wickets. The 20-year old started his cricket as a legspinner but later switched to medium-pace. The PSL could be a turning point in his career, especially if he fills in as the match-winner.

http://www.espn.com/cricket/story/_/id/22520879/star-studded-karachi-kings-look-turn-fortunes-around

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Fielding is the most important factor in T20s: Rashid Latif

Karachi King’s team advisor and the team director Rashid Latif shared his expertise about T20 format and stated that fielding is the most important aspect in T20 cricket,

“All factors in T20 cricket are important, but I think fielding is one of the most important factors in among all,” he said while talking to ARY News.

He also emphasized on the importance of fitness in the shortest format of the game as it helps batsmen in running.

“Similarly fitness is a must, as it also helps in running between the wickets,” he stated.

Moreover, he highlighted that a bowler should know how to bowl with the new ball and also bowling at the end of the inning.

“A bowler should know how to bowl in death overs, some bowlers don’t know how to bowl in the starting overs while some can’t bowl in death overs”, he added.

Rashid believes that Karachi Kings’ coaching staff that comprises of national head coach Mickey Arthur and bowling coach Azhar Mehmood, will give a boost to the team.

“Karachi Kings has a major advantage that we have the coaches from our national team, we had limited time so the coaching staff coached bowlers just to bowl according to the game situation,” he said.

While giving tips to the batsmen, former Pakistan captain said, “Strike rotation is necessary for T20 format, playing aggressively from both ends does not work every time, especially when playing in Sharjah and Dubai”.

“Picking two overs in an inning for hitting is enough to balance the momentum of the game. In seek of runs, mostly we lose wickets so it’s better to play a strategic game rather than playing all twenty-overs for the sake of scoring boundaries. Recently we saw Umar Amin who changed the game in just one over by hitting three sixes so it’s not only for the franchises but also for Pakistan cricket, a player should play in every situation, it’s better to have those players in the team who knows how to tackle the situation”, he added.

As T20 cricket is getting popular day by day, Rashid gave his opinion about the format that it should not be given the international status.

“T20 should not be given the international status, it is totally a different format, I think it should be limited to the entertainment only, even one day cricket is not considered as shorter format anymore”, he said.

“Earlier, Mickey Arthur also gave the same statement and I do agree with him that it’s better if only franchises will be given a window for T20 cricket”, he added.

As the final of this season will be held in Karachi, Rashid said that Karachi has big population who loves cricket, so there should be expansion in the National Stadium in terms of seating arrangement.

“A big city like Karachi deserves a stadium with the capacity of at least 75,000 people because people are super excited, fans who are anxiously waiting to watch the final in Karachi,” he concludes.

https://arysports.tv/fielding-important-t20s-rashid-latif/

40. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Our assistant manager is the biggest star in the team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk