[PSL] Karachi Kings Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Dec 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Just one point from last three game.. not good at all..
    Could very well be 5th after today.

Bowling has been shockingly poor.. that was utter filth bowled to Ronchi and Watson

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    All other teams have 1 or 2 celebs, Karachi team brings the entire ARY crew over. Jeez

3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    3 games less than Tahir

10 wickets in 20 overs.. wicket every second over lol

[​IMG]

4. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Most insecure club in cricket

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    mashAllah power of the club... shows you how big it is. Of course has to be this big for those 3 crore people living in the city

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Drop simmons for morgan and move babar to opening.

7. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Most of the TV stars are from Karachi anyways so naturally they will support their Karachi city team

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I think Morgan is going to be available from next match onwards... and anyway don't think he'll be going to Pakistan so he could be here for just 1 game.

9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    3 if Kings finish in top 2

Last two league games and then play off 1

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

10. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Sultan of Swing

Sep 12, 2010
    Need to up the batting a tad bit.

11. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
    • List
  12. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Thanks for doing Islamabad a favour guys.

Love you, k thx bye

xx

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Imad's form (or lack of skill) is becoming a big concern and this 3 pace attack is not working esp during the power play overs.

Replace Shinwari, Simmons with Usama and Morgan against PZ

15. Red Devil

Red Devil Smooth Operator

Dec 15, 2013
    Not happening, Shinwari took two crucial wickets and Simmons scored a very good fifty. You're stuck with those two huehuehue.

16. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Apni avi jaisi baatein na kar :sanga

Morgan will and should definitely play and he will most probably replace one of Denly/Simmons.

Actually, might as well even replace Ingram in middle order after his bakwas batting last night

17. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Tracer Bullet

Nov 13, 2015
    Thank God the match is in Sharjah, now no one in Sharjah can save Kings from Kamran's assault.

18. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    Astaghfirullah, don't even say that. :eek:

Screw Simmons, that jobber needs to go. Denly has been pretty decent throughout the tournament so I doubt they''ll replace him.

19. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Arthur looks on the bright side

Kings fast bowler Usman Khan was unable to secure victory though Qalandars needed 16 to win off the final over, but Kings coach Arthur - who is also Pakistan coach - was not overly disappointed with the Super-Over defeat.

"[Usman Khan] Shinwari will learn from that experience," Arthur said. "The poor guy is devastated in the change room but he will learn and he will become better for that experience... Ultimately that's what this competition is for, it is for the emergence of young Pakistan cricketers, and making them feel what the pressure of playing this game is all about on the biggest stage in front of a massive TV audience. As long as our Pakistan players are developing, I'm really happy."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22731316/imad-wasim-suffers-mild-concussion

20. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Sensible comments from Arthur...

21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Shahid Afridi apologises to Saif Badar for send-off

[​IMG]
    Shahid Afridi gives a send-off to Saif Badar after bowling him out for 13

DUBAI: Shahid Afridi has apologised to young all-rounder Saif Badar for reacting aggressively to his wicket during Saturday’s Karachi Kings vs Multan Sultans match.

Afridi, who was named Player of the Match for his three-wicket haul, had given the youngster a ‘send-off’ after knocking out his stumps – a gesture that was widely criticised on social media as fans pointed out that the aggressive reaction must have been disheartening for the 19-year old.

Hours after the match, however, Badar posted a video of his dismissal on Twitter with the caption: ‘Still love you Shahid bhai.'

Afridi replied to the tweet with an apology. “I’m sorry what happened that was momentum of the game.. I always support my youngester. Good luck.”

Karachi Kings overcame Multan Sultans by 63 runs, with Afridi winning the Player of the Match award for bowling figures of 4-1-18-3.

https://www.geo.tv/psl/latest/185846-shahid-afridi-apologises-to-saif-badar-for-send-off

22. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Kings keen to play PSL final in Karachi: Latif

ISLAMABAD - Former Pakistan captain and chief selector Rashid Latif has said that Karachi Kings keen to play Pakistan Super League (PSL) final in Karachi and they have been working really hard for it.

Talking to The Nation, Karachi Kings wicketkeeping coach Latif said: “Frankly speaking, none of the teams so far has idea of what to do after winning the toss. We lost back-to-back matches, which was quite hurting, but defeating well-balanced and high-flying Multan Sultans boosted our morale, but losing against Lahore Qalandars last night once again disturbed us. Anyhow, it is cricket and sometimes results don’t go in your favour.”

He said Karachi Kings is a well-balanced side and their focus is to grab first four positions, but Islamabad United and Quetta Gladiators are giving us tough times. “The individual performances of our players are not as good as compared to other teams’ players, but we are doing well as a team. Our fielding and catching is world class and we will also soon get Eoin Morgan, whose inclusion will definitely help us flourish.”

When asked if Karachi Kings make it to the semifinals and then the grand final, whether international players would travel to Pakistan with the team, he said: “Off course, all the international players including Ravi Bopara, Colin Ingram, Denley and Mills are all highly passionate and looking forward to play in Pakistan. Only Eoin Morgan is yet reluctant to travel to Pakistan. Our strategy is not to panic the players.”

He said in the beginning, Kings and Multan Sultans were on the top and other teams’ were showing mixed results, but after initial setbacks, all the teams gathered momentum and now they all are doing well. “Multan lost four and Karachi lost three matches. Our focus is to first qualify for the semifinals. It is a huge league and every team has to play too many matches. We are working on improving areas, which we are lacking and hopefully, things would be perfect in next matches.”

The semifinals and the final scheduled to be held in Lahore and Karachi. On this, Latif said: “I am sure it will be a huge festivity when semifinals and final will be held in Lahore and Karachi. I can feel the pain and agony of the millions of Karachiites, who were deprived of watching their favourite heroes playing in front of them.

But now Karachi is as safe as any other part of the world and it is ready to host the mega PSL-3 final and I can guarantee it will be jam-packed stadium.” The former cricketer said credit must be given where it belongs. “I can see the sheer hard work, devotion and passion of Najam Sethi, who is working so hard to revive international cricket in Pakistan.

“In few years, I can see the PSL would be one of the best leagues and entire PSL would be held in Pakistan. It is only a matter of time and things would be perfectly suitable to conduct all kinds of international matches and ICC mega events in Pakistan, which is best place on earth for pulling up massive crowds and the way Pakistanis give respect to sporting icons is no secret,” Latif concluded.

https://nation.com.pk/13-Mar-2018/kings-keen-to-play-psl-final-in-karachi-latif

23. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
  24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Imad Wasim back in Karachi Kings camp after recovering from concussion

DUBAI: Karachi Kings skipper Imad Wasim has re-joined the squad after recovering from a mild concussion he suffered while diving to take a catch in the match against Lahore Qalandars on Sunday.

The captain had to be stretchered off after he tumbled backwards to grab a catch of Sohail Khan, hitting his head on the ground as he completed the brilliant catch.

The left-arm spinner was taken to hospital, where he was kept under observation for 24 hours. He was declared 'stable' soon after, but was said to have had a mild concussion.

The Karachi Kings management will make a decision on whether he would play the next match, during the next 24 hours.

Karachi play their next match on March 15 against Peshawar Zalmi.

https://www.geo.tv/psl/latest/18612...i-kings-camp-after-recovering-from-concussion

25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Morgan hails moves to bring cricket back to Pakistan

SHARJAH: England’s limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan Wednesday reckoned Pakistan was moving in the right direction in terms of reviving cricket in the country, hoping more betterment in the next couple of years.

Morgan joined Karachi Kings and will lead the team in the absence of regular skipper Imad Wasim who injured himself in the match against Lahore on Sunday and remained under observation for concussion.

“I certainly think that steps in that direction have been taken. The last year’s PSL final, I believe, was a success and all the players who traveled thoroughly enjoyed their time,” said Morgan.

Pakistan had been a “no go” area for international teams since March 2009 attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus which suspended all international cricket in the country.

But last year’s PSL final in Lahore paved way for three Twenty20 internationals against a World XI and a single Twenty20 international with Sri Lanka.

This year’s PSL will have two play-offs in Lahore and the final in Karachi on March 25, followed by three Twenty20 internationals against the West Indies in April.

Morgan praised more efforts taken by Pakistan Cricket Board of staging two play-offs in Lahore and final in Karachi means more progress.

“I am sure the people of Pakistan really enjoyed that cricket back in their country. More steps are taken this year, we saw international games played there. This year more PSL games will be played there so over the course of couple of years more progress will be made. West Indies is touring there in April for three Twenty20 so naturally there is a progression moving forward,” remarked Morgan.

Morgan said he was unavailable for the Pakistan leg of matches.

“I am not available for the Pakistan leg. Its been a long winter for me I have been away since December so unfortunately I am unavailable,” said Morgan who led England to 3-2 one-day series win over New Zealand earlier this month.

When asked about Karachi Kings captain Imad Wasim’s injury, Morgan termed the incident infortunate but said Imad is on the path to recovery.

“I was in the flight when the incident happened. Imad injured himself, its unfortunate that he is unable to play in a few matches but he has recovered well,” said Morgan of Imad.

Morgan, who will lead the team in Imad’s absence said he will try his best to help Karachi Kings, which needs to win one of their two matches to qualify for the play-offs.

“I have been watching the PSL in New Zealand. I know the place quite nicely. We have a good mix of players with Babar Azam and others, its always interesting and challenging. We will sit down tonight and settle the right combination. Its an exciting challenge, with a lot of teams playing for last four. Islamabad leads the table and they have been playing good cricket, ” concluded Morgan.

https://arynews.tv/en/morgan-bring-cricket-back-to-pakistan/

26. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Karachi Kings playing in Karachi will be incredible: Arthur

[​IMG]
    Karachi Kings, one of the most popular franchises in the competition, booked the final spot in the play-offs with a clinical victory over table toppers Islamabad United
    The Karachi Kings playing the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) final in Karachi would be a dream but coach Mickey Arthur urged everyone not to get too ahead of themselves and plant their feet firmly on the ground.

The Karachi Kings, one of the most popular franchises in the competition, booked the final spot in the play-offs with a clinical victory over table toppers Islamabad United at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Friday night.

The win pushed out tournament debutants Multan Sultans and vaulted the Karachi Kings to second on the table.

That meant the two teams square off yet again in the Qualifier at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Sunday night.

Arthur said that they had ticked a few boxes but there was more left to go.

"I am a relieved man. It is good to qualify. We sort of put little ticks in place. And tonight, we ticked two of them in one game and I think I mentioned at the first press conference that our first tick was qualifying, our second tick was getting into the top two and then obviously winning that game, going straight to Karachi and winning a final. That was sort of our plan and thankfully tonight, we ticked two of those boxes," said Arthur.

"To be honest, it has added pressure right from the start of the tournament because everybody is saying 'we will have Karachi in the final.' We are saying 'hang on guys' as we haven't even played our first game yet. They are selling memorabilia in Karachi already. We have got to take it one step at a time and be realistic. That would be incredible for the competition and incredible for our franchise if Karachi can play the final in Karachi. It will be amazing but we still have couple of games to go," he added.

The South African said that Sunday's Qualifier will be quite different with Islamabad United back to full strength. Misbah-ul-Haq's side had rested pacer Mohammed Sami, opener Luke Ronchi and left-arm spinner Samit Patel.

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/sport/cricket/karachi-kings-playing-in-karachi-will-be-incredible-arthur

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Karachi Kings — the PSL franchise hated by many of its own

Business gurus will tell you that the basic prerequisite for any business, any new venture is the buyer. Product is secondary, and can be conjured in more ways than one as long as the buyers and their demand exist.

It is this guarantee of ready-made demand that makes sports franchises the world over attach the names of countries with their leagues and cities with their franchises.

A so and so premier league appeals to no one; but attach 'Indian' to the name, and more than two billion ears perk up at once. There's your demand before the product has even taken shape.

In the same way, the meaningless Knicks, when attached to New York, have the attention of the financial capital of the world.

The practice arouses instant curiosity, creates instant demand, and you can't go wrong with it. Which brings us to the matter at hand: the Karachi Kings.

Wondering what has this preamble on franchising, their nomenclature and basic economics got to do with the Kings?

You see, another of the many wonders of sports franchising is that every team starts with a clean slate. On day one, at least, no franchise has disgruntled fans. In the years to come, franchises do attract critics and alienate their own with either (or both) failure or misconduct — but certainly not on the day of their inception.

This is where the Karachi Kings seem to have made history.

They came into being on December 3, 2015 when the Pakistan Cricket Board sold the Karachi franchise to the ARY Group.

Since their debut, however, the team hasn't been able to sell itself to Karachiites completely. It is not at all uncommon for a Karachi born-and-bred to not just openly root for other Pakistan Super League franchises, but also wish catastrophes of Qalandarian magnitude on the Kings.

Ranging from "I just want anyone not named Karachi Kings to win", to "I want Quetta — the real Karachi side — to win", to some absolutely unpublishable obscenities — a surprising number of Karachiites seem to have a very uncharitable opinion of the cricket team that — on paper at least — is supposed to represent them.

Even those of the port city's inhabitants who otherwise eagerly own everything Karachi — even the sweet drawl that turns Pepsi into "Paipsi" — seem to have trouble warming up to the Kings.

For a nascent three-year-old franchise that, on the results front, may have underwhelmed but not disgraced itself a la, let's say, Lahore, these are shocking opinions for its own fans to harbour.

In contrast, you will find Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta and Multan fans steadfastly supporting their teams. Even the Lahore fans, whose franchise has become the laughing stock after completing a hat-trick of bottom-of-the-table finishes, haven't yet retracted their support for their team.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's 'different' about the Kings. If they're loathed by a section of their city, there is certainly some reason to the madness.

The Kings, wittingly or unwittingly, have accumulated a raft of polarising figures whom some love to love, but others love to hate. Their owner is a media mogul with an unabashed political alignment; their shirt sponsor is a controversial construction tycoon; their captain is a Welsh-born utility player; and their pace spearhead is an ex-con.

This year, they added a guy who often promises 'Boom Boom' but mostly goes 'Ba Dum Tiss'.

Also, the kits they wear are blue — a colour that, in the cricketing world, is more frequently associated with the national team's arch-rivals.

[​IMG]
    Afridi in a blue Karachi shirt — PSL
    The cherry on top seems to be the needless braggadocio in the Kings' theme song. Where other teams went for pumped-up tunes highlighting local culture, Karachi's 2018 track warned rivals "na bharam day pitch pay" (don't get cocky with us on the pitch), and the umpires: "appeal ko jo na manay ga dharna de ker manwa lenge" (those who won't accept our appeal will be made to accept through sit-ins).

What more could you possibly need.

These are all little things, but during the course of the campaign and a franchise's life, they add up. And they have certainly added up in Karachi's case.

Of course, the sheer size of the city means the Kings' support will drown out the comparatively smaller opposition. And if they end up winning PSL 2018, the murmurs will die out even more. The flaws in their composition and ethos, however, will remain — and for that they will remain what is arguably the most hated franchise of the PSL.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1395845

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Afridi doubtful for Karachi Kings' qualifier against Islamabad United

[​IMG]

DUBAI: Flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi is doubtful for his PSL team Karachi Kings’ qualifier against Islamabad United on Sunday in Dubai.

Sources privy to the matter have confirmed that Afridi, 38, has pain in knees again.

“The same injury kept him out for a couple of matches earlier and he’s now facing the same problem,” said the source.

“He’s eager to play and wants his side to win the match, his availability will be known only after MRI tests conducted later on Saturday evening,” the source added.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/186867-afridi

29. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    "Islamabad waalon se baat karain aglay saal ke liye?"

[​IMG]

30. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    Congratulations my team for beating my team.
    Congrats Islamabad United.

Sent from my Lenovo K10a40 using Tapatalk

31. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    @Mohsin with another one of his lame jokes stolen from twitter smh

32. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
  33. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

34. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
  35. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    All the fake pindi boys reporting to this thread all of a sudden with their bughz and ghuroor filled posts ast/

5340423dc9c9146b46f8284802e3bcaa.jpg

36. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Delete

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  37. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    LOL

38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Stop them if you can! IU on fire

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Morgan blames poor bowling for defeat against United

DUBAI: Karachi Kings’ skipper Eoin Morgan blamed poor bowling for defeat against Islamabad United in the Qualifier match held at Dubai.

Speaking in a post-match press conference, the England captain said: “We batted ok, we didn’t bat at best, it was a competitive total but not a match-winning total. We don’t start well with the bowl that allowed Luke Ronchi to get himself in and play in his aggressive manner, a couple of loose deliveries and from there he really did take the game from us.”

“When you play innings like that it surely is match-winning innings,” he said.

United has qualified for the PSL final after defeating Kings by eight wickets in Qualifier game on Sunday.

Morgan said that Kings’ could not take advantage of the chances given to them by the United batsmen.

The top-order batsman said that he enjoyed his experience while playing in the Pakistan Super League, and expressed his desire to continue playing in the tournament in future.

Responding to a question, he said that Kings dropped a number of catches in the tournament, adding that perhaps catches were dropped because of dew in Sharjah, but the same explanation cannot be given for the fielding errors committed in Dubai.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/186984-morgan-blames-poor-bowling-for-defeat-against-united

40. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    "Lala main tho kehta hoon, Ronchi ka passport kahan ghayab kar dete hain"