[PSL] Karachi Kings Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Dec 21, 2015.

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Karachi Kings fans where are you? Very quiet build up on here? Can you finally challenge for the trophy?

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  3. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    All posts in this thread will now be sponsored by tuc, nurpur, tapal danedar, kaybees restaurant, dairy milk, sprite, and Imtiaz supermarket.

Please also submit your best head&shoulder move videos to @Munna to get a chance to win the all new Cricistan's Chawal of the Fortnight award.

4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Shinwari and Amir gonna run havoc this tournament.... though I'm not sure if it will be on Karachi or on another team

5. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    @Red Devil @maddgenius

6. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    So, what's up with this team? They definitely have become a laughing stock. Still enough time to bounce back though.

7. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Unlimited funds. Wasima nd Arthur at helm and still repeating the same mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
  9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ‘I am proud to have Colin Ingram in my team’ – Salman Iqbal

The owner of the most followed franchise of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) Karachi Kings Mr Salman Iqbal said that he is proud to have a batsman like Colin Ingram in his team.

“Ingram played really well and I am proud to have him in my team,” Mr Salman said in an interview after the exciting thriller against Quetta Gladiators.

On Sunday, the former South African batsman Colin Ingram notched the highest individual score of HBL PSL history to lift Karachi Kings from the jaws of defeat to pull off a six-wicket win over the table toppers Quetta.

Mr Salman Iqbal further added that win like this is actually enjoyable and it shows the passion that we have in Pakistan Super League.

Talking about the overall performance of the team, he said that team including the captain put all their efforts since day one but today was the day when our performance finally clicked.

Praising the efforts of the coaching staff, he said, “Off and on the field, Wasim is always been there to help out not only the bowlers but the batsmen too, Mickey Arthur has been a great coach and I think today’s batting has proved that we’ll strike in the upcoming matches too.”

Mr Salman also made a promise to the fans of Karachi Kings that the team will not disappoint their fans and supporters, “We will try our level best and won’t disappoint our fans”.

https://arysports.tv/i-am-proud-to-have-colin-ingram-in-my-team/

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ‘It was hell of a lot of fun’ says Ingram on scoring century against Gladiators

Karachi Kings’ hard-hitting batsman Colin Ingram rated his match-winning century knock against Quetta Gladiators as one of the memorable innings of his cricketing career so far.

“It gave me much-needed confidence and I hope this victory lifts the team’s morale in upcoming matches of the league,” Ingram said while talking to the ARY News in Sharjah.

The left-handed batsman came out to bat at a pressure situation for Karachi Kings against Quetta Gladiators and rescued his team brilliantly by smashing a worthy knock of 127 runs.

Talking about the team’s plan after they were set to chase a mammoth total of 187 runs, Ingram said that they tried to keep the things as simple as they can because they knew the target was achievable.

“It was tough to chase such a total but I knew we have a chance to chase it,” he said.

Ingram was desperate to get runs for his team as in last few matches he didn’t play up to the mark. “I get quite grumpy when I don’t do well. A lot of pressure was there as we lost two early wickets but I remained on the plan which worked well for me,” he said.

Ingram to roar at National Stadium Karachi

Ingram in a video message on Monday showed his excitement to appear in front of an enthusiastic crowd of Karachi who is desperately waiting to see Kings roaring at their home ground.

“We missed you guys last night and we know you would have made a lot of noise for us,” said Ingram after putting his side on to winning ways.

He congratulated the fans who supported Kings and ensured them to show dominance in the tournament ahead. “I really look forward to play before the passionate crowd of Karachi and amuse them with some quality cricket,” he said.

https://arysports.tv/it-was-hell-lot-of-fun-says-ingram-scoring-century-gladiators/

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Sikandar Raza enjoying PSL stint

ZIMBABWE allrounder Sikandar Raza says he is enjoying being part of the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) and is learning a lot in the company of a seasoned support staff including Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur and Wasim Akram, who is acknowledged as one of the greatest bowlers of all time.

Raza, who is part of the Karachi Kings roster in the popular Twenty20 cricket competition, has played in three matches so far managing a highest score of 14 while he has had a better time with the ball, taking three wickets from two matches.

While that isn’t the most attractive of returns, Raza is enjoying his time in the PSL.

“It’s been fantastic because it is a family kind of environment. It’s been great so far. Mickey and Wasim have been very encouraging,” Raza told the Dubai-based newspaper Sport360.

“They have made me feel relaxed and also reiterated the belief that I should have in my own game. It’s been fantastic around those two individual. I have been very fortunate that the last year and this year that I have been exposed to various leagues. There is not just one lesson but many that I will take back home and that will hopefully reflect in my international performances.”

The 32-year-old naturalised Zimbabwean is looking forward to travelling to Pakistan for the remainder of the PSL which will be played in the subcontinent nation, where he was born.

Raza was part of the Zimbabwe squad that toured Pakistan in 2015 in a breakthrough tour for the Asian nation that had faced complete international cricket isolation following the 2009 attack on the Sri Lankan team.

Raza said he can’t wait to go back to Pakistan.

“I am excited to be playing Karachi, our home ground, and hopefully qualify for the playoffs. Zimbabwe toured Pakistan in 2015 for ODIs and T20s. It was one of the best tours I have had and I am looking forward to playing there again,” he said.

The PSL has been particularly tough for batsmen like Raza, with bowlers once again calling the shots in helpful conditions. However, the Zimbabwean said it is all part of the learning process and added the PSL has taught him to keep a clear mind and just enjoy the game.

“Each country presents its own conditions and you need to find a way to do well. Conditions were getting slightly better in the second part of the tournament. Unfortunately, I haven’t played but hopefully the opportunity will come up again.

“How clear your thought process has to be before you go out to bat or bowl and also how you have to try and enjoy the game at every given stage – those are the two biggest lessons I have learnt from PSL.”

https://www.newzimbabwe.com/sikandar-raza-enjoying-psl-stint/

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Karachi Kings’ players message to fans before Karachi visit

[​IMG]
    Karachi Kings' players message to fans before Karachi visit
    The hype for the final leg of Pakistan Super League (PSL) season four continues to increase, with Karachi Kings’ players sending messages to the fans who are eagerly waiting to see them in action in the cricket city Karachi.

Colin Ingram – “We are coming home as a home team of Karachi, really looking forward to being there. See you at the stadium for some support.”

Ravi Bopara – “I and rest of my team are heading to Karachi and we can’t wait to see you. So get yourself down to the national stadium and let’s make it special.”

Colin Munro – “Karachi Kings are coming home, so come out in large numbers and support us. See you there.”

Aaron Summers – “Can’t wait to come to Karachi and bowl fast in front of the jam-packed national stadium.”

Awais Zia – “Get ready! We are coming to Karachi.”

Abrar Ahmed – “Come and support your team Karachi Kings in their home ground.”

Ben Dunk – “I can’t wait to come to Karachi and play in front of our home fans. See you all there.”

Iftikhar Ahmed – “Karachi Kings are coming home, come out and support your home team.”

Rizwan Ahmed – “I request people of Karachi to come and support your team Karachi Kings as your support in the ground will help us to play final in our home ground.”

Sikander Raza – “We are coming to Karachi, come and support us.”

Sohail Khan – “We are coming to Karachi to play in front of our crowd. Get ready.”

Usman Shinwari – “Come to the national stadium, support us and enjoy the matches.”

Faisal Iqbal (Batting Coach) – “We are coming to our city. Come to the stadium and support us.”

The Kings hope to entertain the big-hearted Karachi fans in the upcoming matches in their home city. They will take on Peshawar Zalmi on 9th March and Quetta Gladiators on 10 March.

The team will depart for Karachi at 6 pm local time.

https://arysports.tv/karachi-kings-players-message-fans-before-karachi-visit/

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    How Usman Shinwari went from being Karachi's villain to hero in six balls

[​IMG]
    Shinwari snatched victory from Quetta's jaws in the game on Sunday. — PSL

With just an over left and Quetta needing just five to notch another win against Karachi at the National Stadium on Sunday, there was a hero and a villain.

The hero was Quetta opener Ahmed Shehzad, who was single-handedly carrying his team while chasing a stiff target of 191. The villain was Karachi pacer Usman Khan Shinwari, whose 17th over had leaked 22 runs and reduced the equation down from 51 needed off 24 balls to 29 required off 18.

Ahead of the final over, Kings captain Imad Wasim looked exhausted. Probably thinking that the game was out of his grasp, he again tossed the ball to Shinwari, hoping for a miracle he knew wouldn't happen but hoped would happen.

It was the Shinwari who was the joint-most expensive bowler in the match, having conceded 40 runs in just three overs at an eye-watering economy rate of over 13.
    As he was going back to his run up, whispers could be heard in the press box that the 25-year-old pacer does not even deserve to play for Kings let alone for the national team. And on the evidence of his previous over, it was hard to oppose that sentiment.

On strike for the Gladiators was Anwar Ali. The Anwar Ali who was once famous for his banana swing but is now known for his late-innings blitzkriegs. Shinwari started off with a wide yorker, which the batsman guided easily to third man for an easy single. The plan was to make sure that Anwar’s strong zone of hitting straight or through mid-wicket region is avoided.

With four needed off five balls, it was Shehzad on strike. The much maligned batter was just a single away from completing a breathtaking century, which would've been his first of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

He was up against a bowler who he had hit for three sixes off the last four balls of the 17th. It's needless to say that the odds were stacked against Shinwari.

The Khyber Agency-born pacer had clearly looked second best against every batsman he bowled to and had little idea what line to pick against the right-hander. But as clutch players do, Shinwari found his rhythm when it mattered the most.

He bowled another angled delivery going away from the batsman on good length and for once, Shehzad played a loose stroke, presenting a half-chance to Colin Ingram, who took a blinder.

Equation was down to four off four but the odds were still heavily in favour of the batting side as they needed just a run-a-ball in a match where nearly 400 runs were scored in just 40 overs.

On strike was Anwar again as the batsmen had crossed over. Shiwari followed the same plan — wide yorker — and this time, the batsman nicked it to the wicketkeeper. For the first time in a few overs, there was some tension for the batting team.

The Gladiators, who needed five before the over had started, now needed four with only half the over left and two new batsmen at the crease facing a bowler who has a tendency to become extremely lethal when on song.

On strike was all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz, who looked calm and took his guard while his captain Sarfraz Ahmed on the other end came and had a word with him, presumably about not wasting an opportunity to take a run.

Shinwari steamed in for what was a hat-trick delivery and bowled an in-swinging yorker which Nawaz guided to the deep square-leg region for a single.

The equation becomes even more intriguing as Quetta now needed three off two. Captain Sarfraz was facing his first delivery of the innings.

In comes the penultimate delivery and the left-armer claims the prized wicket of his national team captain. All of a sudden, the whispers in the press box begin to change. For one senior journalist, Shainwari "doing the undoable". For another, he was now a shoe-in for the national side.

With three needed off the final delivery, it was veteran all-rounder Sohail Tanvir on strike who was facing just his 23rd delivery of PSL 2019. The crowd chanted Shinwari's name in unison as the pacer steamed in to bowl perhaps Karachi's most important ball of the tournament.

He bowled another exquisite in-swinging yorker which Tanvir only managed to get a leg-bye off as the Kings registered a memorable one-run win and cemented their place in the last-four.

While Shinwari's struggles and subsequent heroics surprised some, those who have been following his career would know that he only deals with extremities.

There shouldn’t be any surprises when he ends up conceding 63 off just four overs like it happened during the second T20I against South Africa. But then he is also capable of offsetting those horror shows by claiming four wickets in the space of six deliveries, like he did in the fourth ODI, also against the Proteas.

When it comes to this southpaw, there is no middle ground. He is either the hero or villain but never a sideshow. That is what makes him such an excitement as you never know what Shinwari will turn up on a given day.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1468988/h...m-being-karachis-villain-to-hero-in-six-balls

14. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ‘My natural game is my strength’ says Babar Azam

[​IMG]
    The opening batsman of Karachi Kings Babar Azam tries to focus on his natural game which helps him gain power on the field and get runs on the scoreboard.

“I don’t try to get something extra during my stay at the crease because my strength is to play the natural game which helped me a lot to put runs at international level,” said Babar while talking to the ARY Sports.

The right-handed batsman said that his opening partner Colin Munro is also looking forward to contributing worthy for his team and the left-handed batsman is capable of hitting the ball big.

“He [Munro] is a big player and will be dangerous on his day,” said Babar who is optimistic about his team’s performance against Islamabad United in the first eliminator of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season four scheduled on March 14 at newly renovated National Stadium Karachi.

To a query about United’s strong batting line as England’s Alex Hales has also joined them for the playoffs, the 24-years-old said that they will plan strongly against them and they also have a potent bowling combination which is ready to get rid of them in front of their home crowd.

“We will sit and discuss each and everything point which can help us overcome a strong looking United,” said Babar who has scored 293 runs at an average of 29.30 in this season of the PSL.

The flamboyant batsman, who has played 21 Tests 59 ODIs and 29 T20Is, asked the Karachiite to show support for Karachi Kings and cheer for cricket which has brought smiles on faces of people.

“I would like to request the cricket fans to come to the stadiums as international cricket is waiting to amuse you,” said Babar.

https://arysports.tv/my-natural-game-my-strength-says-babar-azam/

15. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    PSL to Karachi Kings...