[PSL] Multan Sultans Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Umairee95, Jun 3, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Smooth Operator

Jul 17, 2017
    Poor job done.

Even the players they picked before the draft were mediocre like Bhatti,Maqsood,Tanvir even Junaid isn't a safe bet for T20s then they picked Some unknown international players like Whitely and Pooran.

Umar Gul and Abbas are poor picks as well,Bravo and Viljoen are 50/50.

I am disappointed by the Sultans.

Wanted them to pick Awais Zia or Mukhtar Ahmed to provide impetus.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Confused yaar because there is another Mohammed Irfan Khan picked by another franchise think it is Karachi.

3. maddgenius

maddgenius Smooth Operator

Oct 6, 2014
    Worst squad in the PSL and favorites to get the wooden spoon.

4. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    That is the useless tall gentle slow medium bowler who played for Lahore Qalandars last year and only has one fan who coincidentally is also on this forum

5. maddgenius

Oct 6, 2014
    They already have a leg spinner in Tahir so think they'd prefer kashif Bhatti over Irfan

6. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Irfan gets crazy revolutions on the ball, would be criminal to not let him have a go on the dust bowls of UAE. MS will miss a trick by not having him and Tahir wreck havoc from both ends. I think they will do pretty well but I am basing it on these two in the middle overs.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Irfan is a good leggy,Has an action similar to Shane Warne.

8. maddgenius

Oct 6, 2014
    Has pretty ordinary stats though
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Not for T20 though, plus he can also bat relatively well, can provide late order slogging if needs be, has made a 40 batting at number 9 in the limited LA games he has played. Batted well against one of those county teams in the Desert T20 as well.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I've seen him bowl and he is a very good talent,

Has an action similar to Shane Warne and spins the ball just like him.

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    Heavily reliant on malik.

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    PSL unites mates Malik, Tahir after 11 years

The third edition of the upcoming Pakistan Super League (PSL), will kick of next year and is expected to become bigger and better with the inclusion of its newest franchise Multan Sultans.

The Sultans which will be mentored by legendary fast bowler Wasim Akram, will be lead by Pakistan senior batsman Shoaib Malik who will be seen alongside South Africa’s Imran Tahir.

As an interesting fact, Shoaib Malik and Imran Tahir will play together after 11 years, the duo last played together for PIA in 2006.

It is pertinent to mention that the Lahore born Tahir, was selected during trials to represent the Pakistan U-19 cricket team, eventually progressing onto the Pakistan A side on some tours, but was unable to move to the next stage.

However, the leg spinner went on to represent South Africa making his international debut in 2011, becoming one of the best spinners in world cricket.

https://www.brecorder.com/2017/11/14/381012/psl-unites-mates-malik-tahir-after-11-years/

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Will be joining Multan Sultans for matches in Pakistan, says Tom Moody

Former Australian cricketer and Multan Sultans Head Coach Tom Moody has said that he would come to Pakistan if his team reaches the final stages of Pakistan Super League's (PSL) third edition.

"Yes, I'll be joining the team for the games in Pakistan," he said while talking to DawnNews. "Hopefully we will qualify for the finals and get the opportunity to play at both venues — Karachi and Lahore."

When asked whether Pakistani fans will get to see international stars in action in Pakistan, he said: "I think the trust level of the players to travel to Pakistan is going to improve over time. More and more players are getting comfortable with the idea [of playing in Pakistan] and I think it will only increase over time."

"The draft had a lot of high-quality players, not only local but also international, so all the teams had access to some star quality players,” said Moody, who coaches the Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League (IPL) and Rangpur Riders in Bangladesh Premier League.

Hopeful that his team will reach the finals, Moody said: "I think we have a competitive side that has got a good balance between experienced international players and some exciting young talent, so I think we will be competitive throughout the tournament."

"I think the team that manages to adjust and gets its balance early on in the tournament will obviously find themselves ahead at the end of the tournament," said Moody.

On working for Sultans with the legendary Wasim Akram, he said: "I am obviously very excited about reuniting with Wasim Akram. We have been friends for a really long time and to have his experience with the group is going to be invaluable."

The third edition of PSL is set to begin in February 2018.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1373865

14. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Australian cricketer and Multan Sultans Head Coach Tom Moody has said that he would come to Pakistan if his team reaches the final stages of Pakistan Super League's (PSL) third edition.

"Yes, I'll be joining the team for the games in Pakistan," he said while talking to DawnNews. "Hopefully we will qualify for the finals and get the opportunity to play at both venues — Karachi and Lahore."

When asked whether Pakistani fans will get to see international stars in action in Pakistan, he said: "I think the trust level of the players to travel to Pakistan is going to improve over time. More and more players are getting comfortable with the idea [of playing in Pakistan] and I think it will only increase over time."

"The draft had a lot of high-quality players, not only local but also international, so all the teams had access to some star quality players,” said Moody, who coaches the Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League (IPL) and Rangpur Riders in Bangladesh Premier League.

Hopeful that his team will reach the finals, Moody said: "I think we have a competitive side that has got a good balance between experienced international players and some exciting young talent, so I think we will be competitive throughout the tournament."

"I think the team that manages to adjust and gets its balance early on in the tournament will obviously find themselves ahead at the end of the tournament," said Moody.

On working for Sultans with the legendary Wasim Akram, he said: "I am obviously very excited about reuniting with Wasim Akram. We have been friends for a really long time and to have his experience with the group is going to be invaluable."

The third edition of PSL is set to begin in February 2018.

Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1373865/w...ultans-for-matches-in-pakistan-says-tom-moody

15. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I will be supporting this team, due to Wasim and Moody. Hope they'll reveal some good talent like Ahmed Bashir, fast bowler from Vehari.

16. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Shan Masood
    3. Kumar Sangakara
    4. Shoaib Malik (C)
    5. Darren Bravo
    6. Sohaib Maqsood
    7. Kieron Pollard
    8. Umar Gul
    9. Junaid Khan
    10. Mohd Irfan
    11. Imran Tahir

17. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Its Irfan the leg spinner from FATA by the way

18. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Anybody saying they are a weak team are seriously mentally disabled. Solid T20 team.

19. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Then Sohail Tanveer will play.

20. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Would be stupid. Irfan gets the most turn of any spinner in the domestic circuit. On spin pitches him and Tahir would run riot

21. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Nahi its the Mohd Irfan the tall Irfan we all know,. he is playing for Multan.

22. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Irfan Khan hai yaar

23. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    On spin pitches, I would back an extra spinner. On normal pitches, I would go with 3 pacers.

24. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Mohd Irfan bhi Multan ke squad ka part hai!@

25. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Thought he was banned lol

26. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    he is back after serving a ban!

27. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Irfan, Junaid and Gul what a deadly pace attack backed by star spinner Imran Tahir and Pollard and Malik as supporting bowlers.

28. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Shan Masood
    3. Sangakara
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Darren Bravo
    6. Sohaib Maqsood
    7. Irfan Khan
    8. Umar Gul
    9. Junaid Khan
    10. Mohd Irfan
    11. Imran Tahir

29. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Is the 21st pick a supplementary player?

Multan should go in with this squad

1:Ahmed Shehzad
    2:Nicholas Pooran Wk
    3:Sangakara
    4:Shoaib Malik C
    5:Sohaib Maqsood
    6:Keiron Pollard
    7:Saif Badar
    8:Irfan Khan
    9:Sohail Tanvir
    10:Junaid Khan
    11:Imran Tahir

30. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Saif Badar? Which category? Offspin allrounder?

31. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Emerging.

32. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Emerging but what is his trade? Allrounder/ Bowler/ Batsman what does he do?

33. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Abdullah Shafique is a WK batsman.

Saif Badar can bowl part time leggies.

34. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Batsman but rarely bowls part time legbreaks.

Right hand batsman.

35. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    No they arent. Stop man

36. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    I think this squad when you first see this squad you are not inspired by them but when you analyze this squad,. This squad is the right squad for the conditions in my opinion,. You are going to need decent spinners which they have in Tahir and Irfan Khan supported by Shoaib Malik. Medium pace allrounders are very effective in UAE so Pollard will be useful on those pitches!! Then they have one of the best pace attacks of the tournament with the likes of Irfan, Junaid and Gul./

37. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    I think this squad when you first see this squad you are not inspired by them but when you analyze this squad,. This squad is the right squad for the conditions in my opinion,. You are going to need decent spinners which they have in Tahir and Irfan Khan supported by Shoaib Malik. Medium pace allrounders are very effective in UAE so Pollard will be useful on those pitches!! Then they have one of the best pace attacks of the tournament with the likes of Irfan, Junaid and Gul./

38. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    This is the right 11 i guess!!

39. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sohail Tanveer and Irfan Khan with the new ball.
    Junaid Khan and Imran Tahir as change.
    Imran Tahir and Irfan Khan in the middle overs.
    Pollard and Malik to bowl 4 overs between them and Tanveer and Junaid at the end.

40. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011