[PSL] Peshawar Zalmi Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Prince Pathan, Dec 14, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)

1. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    @Passionate Pakistani @ASLI-PATHAN

What do you think of the logo and name so far? The coaching staff is interesting to say the least, I am not a fan of Muhammad Akram being the coach but at least Abdur Rehman is there in some form. Andy Flower and Grant Luden are great selections though, do not know who the physio is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The team management &amp; coaching staff <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PeshawarZalmi?src=hash">#PeshawarZalmi</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KhpalTeamPeshawar?src=hash">#KhpalTeamPeshawar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/JAfridi10">@JAfridi10</a> <a href="https://t.co/O6HpRuy6Yy">pic.twitter.com/O6HpRuy6Yy</a></p>&mdash; PeshawarZalmi (@PeshawarZalmi) <a href="">December 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Winner of FIFA World Cup '18 Prediction Contest Competition Winner

Apr 26, 2011
    Nice name and a good coaching staff minus Muhammad Akram

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Muhammad Akram is the only odd one lol. Should have rather appointed Younis Khan as coach. I heard he will participate only as an official.

Best name and logo. Hopefully the most decorated team of the league, cant wait for the draft.

@Prince Pathan you must be happy that Abul rehman is there in some capacity otherwise you were going to support some other team :rofl

presence of rehman also means, there will be quite a few players from Peshawar Panthers.

4. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I know you guys want Afridi obviously, but part of me wants Quetta to take him. Having Afridi would increase the profile of the least popular team and will help the league in the long run.

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i think captains are already decided or there is some agreement between all owners about their first pick. I saw Yuvraj Singh and Aamir Khan videos, wishing Peshawar team and Shahid afridi all the best.. which means it is already decided.

6. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I hope not. It would take away the excitement of the draft. And I hope we are allowed to trade picks too.

7. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    andy flower presence means no chance of getting pietersen @Prince Pathan

best bet is to get Gayle or someone like Watson.

8. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    The problem with the Quetta franchise is that there are barely any Balochi or Pashtun players from the area apart from Bismillah Khan. Half of the crowd in UAE are Pashtun laborers so it would be a good marketing ploy to select some of the well known Pukhtoon players for Quetta to attract more of the fans. The city in itself is heavily Pashtun populated.

Whoever has Afridi and Younis Khan will attract most fans per game, in UAE. As it stands Peshawar will have sold out crowds for their games purely due to the larger number of laborers from Peshawar and surrounding areas present there

9. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I don't care if Afridi plays for Peshawar or not. I will support this team regardless.

10. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Dwayne Smith and Andre Russel man,Watson is no longer as good as he was, Gayle plays for money and probably does not give too much of a crap. I remember when KKR had him, he flopped nearly every match

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @ASLI-PATHAN @Prince Pathan

i saw on twitter that younis khan again gave some interview that he will play only as a captain otherwise he doesnt want to play in PSL. .. LOL.

12. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

No I would still have supported Peshawar regardless, then Quetta. I am glad that he has been selected on the panel though because he is a great tactician. Well Javed said he was going to focus on the local talent so the intention is to select players from the locality which is good. Give them some exposure with international players.

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    He should Captain the Quetta side then. Good for him & Quetta.

14. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He is a brilliant captain, as much as I like Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan is one of the best captains in Pakistan. He is a thinking brain and knows how to utilize every single player around him hence no real fluke he has a WC title under his belt. He is also not afraid to take risks when things are not going his way.

I am sure you and @ASLI-PATHAN will both agree to his captaincy skills.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    exposure and money as well.. most of them are from poor background, this will help them financially as well.

16. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Might be a good idea, one of him or Afridi should captain QUETTA or Peshawar. I think Omar Associates are after Sarfaraz so they will probably make him captain and YK will be unsold. I hope Javed Afridi signs YK though if that does happen

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

18. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    btw Javed Afridi also studied in Edwards college, you must know him @ASLI-PATHAN

19. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I can't remember bro. Maybe he was junior to us. Yes just checked his DOB. He is very Junior than me atleast lol. When he was 6-7 years old I was in Edwards College.

20. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    According to some sources, Younis Khan has withdrawn from the PSL. That is disappointing because I am certain he would have been selected by Peshawar.

21. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
    You wanted your team to lose?

22. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    No he is decent in domestic T20 as all his past performances in the format for Abbotobad proves. Also like Shoaib Malik he is the most tactically astute captain in the country. He is a legend of the city and the region so I really would not begrudge him of a contract in the PSL. Unlike most fans I do not get mad seeing those who have offered a lot to Pakistan Cricket fail to perform. I would love Misbah Ul Haq too but I think Islamabad will sign him.

23. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
    Hopefully you guys pick up Kukri, now that will be some sight.

24. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    I hope that never happens at the expense of the Two Imrans, Junaid Khan and Taj Wali. Hopefully Pindis Twin city signs him to spare us the misery. He is a bits and pieces cricketer and would rather take Faisal Iqbal

25. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
    That attack won't win you much tbh. Taj is the best of the lot but he hasn't quite found his feet in T20s.

Should try to pick up Sami but he'd most likely be picked up by Karachi.

26. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    We wont get Sami even though I like him and hopefully not Rahat Ali or Ehsan Adil. The ones I mentioned have a lot to prove. Even Umar Gul but he is helped by being in the Gold Category so now everybody has a luxury of picking him without worrying too much

27. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Tracer Bullet

Nov 13, 2015
    The logo is the best one so far! Even better than PSL logo itself lol!

28. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    #NoToKukri

There is that guy Hasan Ali from Sialkot, I hope he is picked by Javed! He is potentially the best fast bowler in domestic cricket!

29. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    I still like Ehsan Adil! He used to be very smart in T20s especially in the starting stage of his career! He can find his lost rhythm back!

30. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    I dont want Shahid Afridi in Peshawar! I want change :p

31. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
  32. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He is not on the same level as Junaid Khan or Umar Gul, even Imran Khan Snr. He is just hyped because he swings it every now and then. Obviously all of them are better than me and my comments are merely as a dan but when you compare each of them he falls short. Also who is Hasan Ali? Any Videos? Taj Wali is also quick and can swing it

33. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
  34. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Taj Wali is not up to the mark in T20s yet! No videos of Hasan Ali are available! Didn't u watch the Haier T20 cup SF between Sialkot and Peshawar some months ago? He was their main strike bowler!

35. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  36. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Him and Bullet Drive are the like Punjabi versions of me :p clashes were always going to happen. Only I am called out on it though

37. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    Bullet drive used to be on this forum. Decent poster.

38. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Did not like his comment "they should all go back to Peshawar" regarding Rizwan, Riffat and Ifthikar, I was banned for telling Down2Earth he was idiotic for claiming Peshawar got to the semis because it was a fix. They are hypocrites over there. He only supports players from Lahore and people overlook it due to the fact that half of them on the forum are from Lahore. Me and @Passionate Pakistani were called racist for promoting players in Khyber. It is complete hypocrisy

39. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Yes he is a dead cert captain for Peshawar, umbaraksha. I need to ask what supplementary means though, we have 4 supplementary picks too

40. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    I didn't see that so can't comment but that's a poor comment from him

As far as I recall he was a decent poster in terms of cricketing knowledge