[PSL] Peshawar Zalmi Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Prince Pathan, Dec 14, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Yeah batting is garbage.

2. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I don't support any of these teams bro. I support the league overall. As long as pak cricket moves forward and there is good exposure for players.

I still view all leagues as a tamasha.

3. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Misbah Mubarak ho aap ko. Very lucky you are

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Squad: Darren Sammy, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Kamran Akmal, Liam Dawson, Umaid Asif, Khalid Usman, Sameen Gul, Kieron Pollard, Misbah-ul-Haq, Dawid Malan, Umar Amin, Wayne Madsen, Sohaib Maqsood, Jamal Anwar, Nabi Gul, Chris Jordan, Waqar Salamkheil, Ibtisam Sheikh, Samiullah Afridi

The team that perhaps epitomises the joy of the PSL most of all, the biggest news from Peshawar was Misbah-ul-Haq joining. Kieron Pollard also came in, while Darren Sammy, of course, remains captain.

Strengths: The fast bowling unit is a dream. Wahab Riaz is a different bowler when in the yellow of this side, while Hasan Ali is a diamond of a player for this format. Even fast bowlers who did not look to have much about them were at their best when playing for Peshawar, most notably Umaid Asif and Sameen Gul.

Weaknesses: Misbah? Really? The 44-year old was almost a liability in the line-up for Islamabad last year, and when he played shunted himself down the order. That means Kamran Akmal and Dawid Malan aside, there is a lack of genuine batting quality among Peshawar's ranks.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25331690/how-six-psl-teams-stack-player-draft

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    MoU signed between Zalmi, Turkey for promotion of sporting ties

Peshawar Zalmi & Zalmi Foundation aims to strengthen Pak-Turkey Friendship. An MOU was signed in Islamabad between Zalmi & Turkey Developing Sports Branches Federation for promotion of sporting ties. Zalmi Foundation will promote cricket in Turkey, Javed Afridi.

After promoting cricket in Austria and China, Peshawar Zalmi aims to promote cricket in Turkey and play an important role in development of sports. For this, an MOU was signed between Zalmi Foundation and Turkey Sports Developing Organization in the Turkish Embassy, Islamabad. Chairman, Javed Afridi signed on behalf of the Zalmi Foundation whereas the President of the Turkish Developing Sports Branches Federation, Mr. Hassan Ozturk signed on behalf of the organization. Many renowned guests came which include the spokesperson for the organization who flew in from Turkey. Along with this, Turkish cricketers, Mehmet Sert, Tunahan Turn and Turkish Women Cricket Team vice captain, Yagmur Tasdelen, Ankara Sports Club President, Hasan Sabit and Mr. Salman Ali (Coordinator of Ankara Sports Club) were also present.

On this occasion, Chairman Javed Afridi said “Cricket being a part of the universal culture, is an important instrument of combining people of both Pak & Turkey. It is just another attempt which will contribute to world peace. It can be defined as a totality of exertions realised in order to affect positively social and moral benefits as well as physical benefits. Since Pakistan and Turkey have had great relations. In order to further strengthen this relationship, this initiative will play a monumental role. Moreover, We will promote cricket on the grass root level which includes school cricket. We will further promote and develop bilateral cooperation in areas including the competition and the training of cricketers, coaches and technical officials; exchange and training programmes for officials between the two countries; the exchange and sharing of best practices and information in relation to policies and programmes to benefit the vulnerable areas. In the exchange program Peshawar Zalmi coaches will tour to Turkey to coach young aspiring cricketers and improve their level of cricket.” He further added that “Two Turkish cricketers will accompany the Zalmi team for PSL 4 and get a chance to learn from the big stars of the game.

This will be a great opportunity for them.” Turkish Ambassador to Pakistan, Mr. Mustafa Yardakal said “Turkey has a lot of cricket talent. After this MOU, this talent will get the chance to showcase themselves and enter into the mainstream cricket arena.

https://pakobserver.net/mou-signed-between-zalmi-turkey-for-promotion-of-sporting-ties/

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Misbah brings wisdom and experience to team Zalmi: Javed Afridi

KARACHI: While the inclusion of 44-year-old Misbah ul Haq as an active player in the Pakistan Super League is widely considered as a surprising move, the owner of Peshawar Zalmi says inclusion of the former Pakistan captain brings wisdom and experience to his team.

Talking to Geo.tv, Afridi said that Misbah hasn’t stopped playing cricket and is still in action during first class cricket and his inclusion in the PSL team will benefit the side.

“Misbah ul Haq is the big name of Pakistan cricket and his services will be remembered forever. He is a role model for youngsters and we believe that as a player and a legend in the game he will bring experience in the squad and it will help Sammy and team management too,” he said.

“We are hoping a good show from him in PSL 4,” he added.

Afridi further said that the combination of skipper Darren Sammy and Misbah will inspire the team to do well in all departments during the league.

“Daren Sammy as captain is head of Zalmi, and under his captaincy West Indies twice became World T20 champions. He led us to win PSL 2 while Misbah lifted the PSL trophy twice and these two legends together will inspire team members to perform well with full passion and game plan.”

Afridi also expressed his delight over the formation of Zalmi’s squad for the third edition of Pakistan Super League.

“I am really happy about Peshawar Zalmi squad selection for PSL 4. We have a very good team combination and all credit goes to Muhammad Akram along with Zaheer Abbas, Younis Khan and Arshad Khan."

“I’m happy that our key players of three seasons like Sammy, Kamran, Wahab, Sameen, Umaid Asif will be part of Zalmi in PSL 4 as well as Malan. Misbah’s presence will be very vital as he will bring experience and wisdom to the side while Pollard, Sohaib, Amin will strengthen the squad,” Afridi added.

Afridi added that Zalmi will play as a unit and players will give 100% effort for the team.

“We are hopeful to win the PSL Trophy for the 2nd time,” he hoped.

Replying to a question, Afridi express his confidence that all the foreign Zalmi players will travel to Pakistan for the final leg of the tournament.

“All teams did a great job in PSL Drafts and every team look strong for the title and I expect competitive and close matches in PSL 4. I wish every franchise best wishes,” he concluded.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/219243-misbah-brings-wisdom-and-experience-to-team-zalmi-javed-afridi

7. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    @Prince Pathan must be delighted to see Imam lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Why are his arms dark lmao ? :D

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Probably someone else pic with his face lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I know lol, photoshop tou dhang se karte lol

12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    I hope Amin gets a decent run of 5-6 games to see what he does. We're lacking middle order batting candidates, and its worth keeping an eye on him.

13. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Imam can play the anchor role for PZ.

14. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Lol they have Misbah too, how many anchors do they need ?

Imagine Misbah & Imam batting together in a T20

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    That would be good for the other teams. They have some strong attacking batsman in Pollard, Kamran and Fletcher/Sammy for the big hitting.

16. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    If I could commit suicide I would.

17. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Anyway

Kamran
    Malan
    Masood
    Nabi Gul
    Dawson
    Khalid Usman
    Pollard
    Sammy
    Wahab
    Umaid
    Hasan

If this team plays we will do well. Khalid Usman is a good spinner. Better than young Ibtisam for sure. Would use the emerging on a batsman. I think unfortunately due to that reason Sameen Gul will miss out because Pollard is a decent Medium pacer.

If any other team plays than the one I have posted above it will be trash.

Not a fan of Maqsood but if he gets going it's not a bad thing for us.

Pollard and Sammy are easily the most destructive players in this league alongside AB, Watson, Munro and Ronchi.

18. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    The worst thing Sammy could do is favour his own West Indian Fletcher who is trash Vs Spin ahead of Malan

19. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    If Misbah and Imam play. We have already lost

20. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Imam, Amin, Misbah should be top 3.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Big favourites here on CS. Winners of PSL 2. Last years losing finalist will be looking to bounce back and reclaim the trophy. Feeling confident Zalmi fans?

22. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  23. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Taking on Quetta today. I hope we really thrash them.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    It’s always a good match you must admit though.

25. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    NRR is very healthy after 2 games. Beating Qalandars in 10 overs helped it shoot up.

26. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Hope to see Khalid Usman play some games. The guy left me three passes in Hotel's reception for attending opening ceremony and first game. I picked those but didn't went to the stadium. :p

27. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He is from Swabi

Sanga Peijanay?

He's a good spinner but Zalmi genuinely doesn't give locals a chance

28. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Why Imam? Dumb selection

29. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    He is buddy of my younger brother as Yasir, Junaid & Fawad too. I met Yasir in his Village in December. Khalid Usman is from Maneri, Yasir from Gohatti & Fawad is originally from Marghuz but now moved to Australia. I will InshaAllah meet all the three during their stay here and will invite them for a dinner.

30. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    I know that Fawad is from Marghuz he's best friends with my friend Nouman haha.

Take loads of pictures and make sure you let them know how vocal I have been in support of them throughout the years

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  32. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Imam won't say no.

33. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    dont see him in the pic

34. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    My bad.

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  36. maddgenius

maddgenius Whispering Death

Oct 6, 2014
  37. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    No. I hadn't met them yet. I copied from Twitter. But I know all these guys.

38. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Another big win against KK.

Bowling is top class. Batting needs to improve.

39. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Should play Misbah. Doubt he would do worse than some of our Foreign players considering Sammy has point blank decided he is not going to play Dawid Malan

40. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Best bowling attack of PsL.