[PSL] Quetta Gladiators Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Prince Pathan, Jan 4, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)

1. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    Probably one of the most balanced teams in the tournament even though nobody seems to be giving them any chance which is strange.

I think they will surprise everybody in this tournament.

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
  3. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Yeah maybe considering his poor form but still a solid team especially with Luke Wright and KP in the team

4. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    lulz only 3 posts so far

5. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    they are balanced but I think they will struggle to coop together

6. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Well those who viewed the thread posted in it which is me, you and @Passionate Pakistani

7. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

I doubt it unless Omar Associates decides to play all the Karachi lads due to loyalty and abandons whats best for the team. I rate Asad but he should not be playing ahead of some of the other batsman they have selected

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    this is not in england or australia..

iam sure most franchise will do their homework and pietersen does struggle against spin, especially left arm.

quality left arm spinner on uae pitches is a completely different prospect than facing pacers in those other leagues on fast pitches.

9. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    I doubt nepotism will happen. Gladiators have purchased some expensive players, they will make sure the right combo steps in the field. I bet they will drop someone for Sangakara

They also have a balanced squad as mentioned. They can replace anyone and pick a suitable replacement from the bench

10. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    KP averages 72 in UAE (T20) has 217 runs in 5 innings there, all against Pakistan which included Ajmal,Malik and Afridi. Myth Busted

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    because we were carried away in odis and t20s after white wash in tests. he even scored in the odis but the fact remains that he struggles against quality spinners.

12. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    For your information, KP scored tons after tons on indian spicy pitches and that too against their spinners

13. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    that is something expected from Qalandars and so called Kings.

14. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    The dark horses of the first edition of PSL. Like pointed out in the OP, not many people are rating them highly but that is a mistake as they have players in their ranks that can single-handedly win them matches.

15. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    they are doing the same for United

16. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    No there is nothing wrong with it, it is his team but they will make a blunder by benching Bismillah Khan who plays quickly and ends up playing Shafiq due to loyalty and the fact that he is best friends with Sarfaraz it will hurt the balance of their team which on paper can be destructive. Peshawar did not select Rifatullah Mohmand, Imran Khan Snr, Adil Amin even though they were instrumental in their t20 wina but I guess they did not purely stick to their own pronvincial players hence so many missed out. Surprised they selected Musadiq Ahmad because I have a feeling he is not going to even get a game, likewise Taj Wali and Israrullah

17. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    In my opinion the 3 most balanced are Peshawar, Islamabad and Quetta because they have a huge variety of bowling options and big hitters to back up the bowling. Lahore is pumped with Batsman and Karachi are more so a bowling unit. For the above 3 you just need 1 or 2 players to strike big and that is the end of that.

Peshawar have Kamran, Sammy, Hodge, Tamim, Afridi, Allenby, Malan, Musadiq, who can take a game away from you like that and Yamin who is more than capable of hitting big and scoring quick while also contributing with ball, same for Sammy, Afridi, Malan and Allenby. Then you have Junaid, Wahab, Taj Wali, Abdur Rehman, Muhammad Asghar and Hasan Ali

Quetta have KP, Luke Wright, Chigumbura, Bismillah Khan, Bilal Asif, Nabi who can all hit big at will if they want. Shahzad is a domestic beast and Sarfaraz can tonk them. Anwar Ali is not a slouch either and can provide useful overs. Umar Gul, Zulfiqar, Saad Nasim ,Nabi, Asif, Cheema, Luke Wright, Holder are your bowlers. Filled to the brim with big hitters and bowlers. Extremely balanced.

Islamabad has Watson, Russel, Kamran Ghulam who will tonk you to all parts and bowl decently, they have Sharjeel, , Billings, Babar and Khalid Latif who play briskly. Misbah as we know has capacity to play quick if he wants.

Lahore are one of the strongest batting teams but bowling lacks and Karachi have a decent bowling attack. Apart from Malik and Vince, Karachi do not really have a standout batsman. Lahore do have Delport, Cooper and Bravo as Batsman/Bowlers so I might be proven very wrong.

Either way it will be quite close. It is hard to decide who the runaway favourite is right now

18. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Ya hear that @SwingNSeam ^^

Karachi plain sucks despite having the biggest budget lulz

Ab Chulu bhar pani mai dupki laga

19. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    With Malik as captain anything is possible

20. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    lets hope nothing is possible :p

21. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    Quetta Gladiators have released their official anthem/theme song.

22. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Jason Holder denied permission to play in Pakistan Super League

Quetta Gladiators named Sri Lankan Thisara Perera as replacement after the West Indies Cricket Board denied permission to national captain Jason Holder to play in the Pakistan Super League

Jason Holder will not be taking part in the inaugural edition of the Pakistan Super League after the West Indies cricket board denied him a No-Objection Certificate (NOC).

The national team's skipper took to Twitter to thank the PSL franchise Quetta Gladiators for picking him and conveyed the news of NOC denial to the team.

Thanks @TeamQuetta for the opportunity. I was not granted an NOC by @westindies and won't be able to join. Best wishes #maybeoneday
    Jason Holder (@Jaseholder98) January 7, 2016

"It's true Holder won't be playing PSL for Gladiators as his NOC has been rejected. We had been in contact with him for last several months and he wanted to be part of PSL," a PSL official was quoted as saying by Express Tribune.

The official also said that the West Indies board denied Holder the permission in order to retain his services for national duties.

West Indies recently lost their three-Test series to Australia 2-0.

"We understand that WICB want to strengthen their Test team and which is why his NOC have been rejected. In the meantime, Gladiators have an option to sign his replacement," he said.

Quetta have named Sri Lanka all-rounder Thisara Perera as replacement for Holder.

"Holder was an important part of our plans but what can we do now? We wish him good luck for his assignment while we are delighted to sign such a brilliant replacement in the form of Perera who is a clever bowler and a big-hitter. Gladiators are lucky to have signed a true match-winner so it's a win-win situation," Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar said.

Holder has played for Chennai Super Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...o-play-in-pakistan-super-league/1/565536.html

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Holder disappointed to miss Pakistan T20

JASON HOLDER, captain of the West Indies Test and One Day International (ODI) team, is disappointed that he will be missing out on the inaugural Pakistan Super League (PSL) T20 tournament. The competition is slated to take place from February 4-23 in the United Arab Emirates.

And the 24-year-old Holder, who was drafted by Quetta Gladiators, is the only one of eight drafted Windies players who was not granted a NOC (No-Objection Certificate) by the WI Cricket Board (WICB).

The other regional players who will be involved are WI T20 captain Darren Sammy, Andre Russell, Samuel Badree, Lendl Simmons, Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo and Kevon Cooper.

Holder, in an interview on Wednesday, confessed that he was disappointed to miss out on the PSL, especially with the ICC T20 World Cup in India carded from March 8 to April 3.

“I’m a bit disappointed,” said Holder. “I thought it would have been a good opportunity to prepare myself for the T20 World Cup if I’m to be selected.

“When you look at the schedule, there are no T20 games for the West Indies before the World Cup,” he continued. “We’ve only played two T20 games in the last (six months), to lead up to the World Cup. I would say it’s a bit short.” The WI all-rounder pointed out, “I haven’t played as much T20 cricket in the recent past.

I thought it would have been a good opportunity for me to get some T20 cricket under my belt.

“I haven’t been granted the NOC. It’s a situation which I just have to play the cricket in front of me. I enjoy playing for Barbados.

I’m happy to be here. I’ll likely have more match preparation (for the 2016 international season).” The WICB has stated that Holder — as Test captain — has an obligation to compete in the regional four-day season which clashes with the PSL.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,222609.html

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Quetta Gladiators first to arrive in UAE for Pakistan Super League

Quetta Gladiators became the first team to arrive inthe UAE just days before the inaugural Pakistan Super League (PSL) explodes into action on February 4.

Led by the former Pakistan captain Moin Khan, Gladiators include England’s Luke Wright, Afghanistan’s Mohammad Nabi, international player Saad Nasim, Aizaz Cheema, Rameez Raja Jr and Zulfiqar Babar among others.

Skipper Sarfraz Ahmed, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq and Anwar Ali will arrive on Tuesday as they were on the national duty on tour of New Zealand while England star Kevin Pietersen and Jade Dernbach will report on Monday.

Gladiators are involved in the PSL opener against Islamabad United and their all-rounder Saad Nasim has urged the fans to back the team.

“We’ve reached Dubai safely and I would like to call on all the Quetta Gladiators’ fans to support us as we bid to do well in the inaugural PSL,” Saad said on his arrival.

The Gladiators were pumped up on their arrival and even shouted their slogan - Shan-e-Pakistan - at the entrance.

World’s leading players will be in action in the PSL including West Indians Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo and Andre Russell, Aussies Shane Watson, Shaun Tait and Brad Haddin, Bangladesh’s Shakib al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal.

Sri Lankan legend Kumara Sangakkara, Tillakaraten Dilshan, Ajantha Mendis will represent the islanders in the high-profile T20 league.

Meanwhile, Islamabd United’s head coach Dean Jones declared that his team would play exciting brand of cricket.

“Absolutely delighted to be part of PSL and looking ahead to exciting times over the next three weeks or so. We’re here to play exciting cricket and to hopefully win the competition,” said Jones.

Lahore Qalandars head coach Paddy Upton hoped that PSL would emerge as a top league with time.

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/l...for-pakistan-super-league-2016-02-01-1.619446

25. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Will they be first to leave Dubai ?

26. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    My second team...a Province I have great links to.

Wouldn't mind a Islamabad-Quetta final

27. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
    What links you to Quetta?

28. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
    Quetta's selections couldn't have been worse. Just pathetic.

They hired the best fast bowling coach(Ian Pont) and have Umar Gul, Aizaz Cheema and Anwar Ali as their bowlers.

29. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I have family who live down there...whenever I go Pakistan, I obviously spend time there/go around Balochistan

30. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    Another day another plane. KP arrives in Dubai

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Dubai. Quetta Gladiators team which has Viv Richards as their mentor want to give cricket in Quetta a big boost through the Pakistan Super League.

Pakistan’s wicketkeeper batsman Safraz Ahmad, who will lead Quetta Gladiators in the PSL, is on a mission. “The name of Quetta may not be very popular in Pakistan’s domestic cricket, but we want to make a mark. We want to move forward and we have players with talents. The most important factor is we have a great combination with even Kevin Pietersen in our line up. We have a mentor in Viv Richards and boys are already very motivated by him and that will lead them to perform well.”

Head Coach of Quetta Gladiators Moin Khan too feels that Quetta is the team to watch out for in this tournament. “Quetta Gladiators would be play attacking brand of cricket and I believe we’ve got a bunch of players who can certainly give a tough time to any side in the PSL,” said Khan, who like their captain was Pakistan’s wicketkeeper-batsman.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/p...ission-as-karachi-looks-to-dominate-1.1665475

32. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Their jersey is easily the best, but such a KKR rip off. Love the fact that it is so plain and not plastered with logos like the Zalmi jersey, they literally found every way possible to ruin it

Bahria Town Logo, Brighto Paints, Hum TV, and a few other logos just turned it into an ugly shirt. The shade of Orange- Yellow Wahab and Afridi were wearing during the draft was really nice

Seriously though does anybody know where to buy this stuff. Maybe the cricistan Admins can start selling them on this site :p

33. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    So going by the amounts of comments on here, other pages they are not a very popular team. Bar Me and Mohsin who have Quetta as their second team. They will beat Islamabad tomorrow and probably send a big message out to everybody lol

Obviously not supporting a team that has KP, Ahmad Shahzad, Umar Gul, Anwar Ali and Mohammad Nabi in it, is never an option

Also their anthem definitely grows on you, it has a bit of Balochistan sound to it

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  34. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Going to support these boys tonight!

They are being termed as the underdogs despite having some match winning players in that side.

Looking forward to Sarfaraz, Bilal Asif, and Gul for my fantasy team :p

35. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    I will be also supporting Quetta after Peshawar.

36. Rhythm

Rhythm Tracer Bullet

Nov 27, 2014
    Terrible squad. Would've supported them if they had some decent players.

37. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    Any team with KP is always in with a shout.

Guy can win you games single handedly.

38. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    any supporter of Quetta here ? and I really hate their jersey, for me its the worst from the lot

#KKRWanabes

also Karachi Kings literally copied india's World T20 2009 jersey :fp @Ahson8 :slap

Peshawar can't think of any color other than Yellow :fp @Passionate Pakistani @Prince Pathan @ASLI-PATHAN

Lahore jersey makes me shit in my pants and burn my eyes with charcoal

Islamabad jersey reminds me of that time I spilled Keenu Marinda on my white Sharwal kameez @Red Devil

39. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Who cares about jerseys?

40. Red Devil

Red Devil Smooth Operator

Dec 15, 2013
    Lahore's kit is nice man, easily the best of the lot. Only if that Geo logo was a bit smaller and with transparent background..