[PSL] Quetta Gladiators Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Prince Pathan, Jan 4, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    to Karachi :D

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Winner of FIFA World Cup '18 Prediction Contest

Apr 26, 2011
    Or Peshawar. :p

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Sarfraz wants Quetta spirt in Pakistan team

Sarfraz Ahmed was hoping to carry over the never-say-die spirit showcased by his Quetta Gladiators players to the Pakistan 50-over and 20-over teams, both of which he is the captain of, saying it will help them rise up the International Cricket Council rankings.

Sarfraz, who replaced Shahid Afridi as the Twenty20 International captain in April 2016 and took charge of the One-Day International team in place of Azhar Ali last month, led Quetta into the Pakistan Super League 2017 final by getting past Peshawar Zalmi by one run in a last-over thriller in Sharjah on Tuesday (February 28).

“It is important that we shift the never-say-die spirit of Quetta to the Pakistan team to make it more competitive and to make it a fighting unit,” said Sarfraz, who will lead Pakistan in a series of two T20Is and three ODIs in the West Indies starting on March 31.

Quetta, defending a 201-run target, looked down and out with Peshawar needing just seven in the last over with three wickets intact, but Mohammad Nawaz, the left-arm spinner, conceded just five off the first three deliveries before three wickets fell in the last three balls.

“I think we had that belief that we will try to save runs, so we knew that if we can lose, they can also lose the match,” explained Sarfraz. “I think that belief helped us; what was asked of Nawaz he did. We got three wickets off three balls and clinched the game.

“I give full credit to Nawaz, who bolwed a brilliant last over. There was so much dew and it was hard to bowl, but he kept his nerves under pressure and the way (Ahmed) Shehzad and KP (Kevin Pietersen) played, it set us a platform.”

Shehzad scored a 38-ball 71 and Pietersen smashed 40 in 22 balls to help Quetta to 200 for 7. Peshawar were struggling at 3 for 2 before Dawid Malan (56 in 30 balls) and Mohammad Hafeez (77 in 47) brought them back in the match. Afridi then smashed a 13-ball 43 to bring the target even closer before the innings fell apart.

Sarfraz admitted that the match could have been over if Darren Sammy, the Peshawar captain, hadn’t left the strike with two needed in three balls. “Bowling was tough but the more credit you give to Nawaz is less, it was just a matter of one ball for Sammy,” said Sarfraz. “This PSL is for youngsters and this one over will help Nawaz a great deal in the future.”

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-news/sarfraz-wants-quetta-spirt-in-pakistan-team/243875

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Winner of FIFA World Cup '18 Prediction Contest

Apr 26, 2011
    Nawaz is such a poor bowler.

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Gladiators arrive in Pakistan to play PSL final

KARACHI: Players and coaching staff of Quetta Gladiators arrived home on early Thursday morning to play Pakistan Super League`s final in Lahore on March 5.

According to reports; the team`s skipper, Sarfaraz Ahmed and its coach, Moeen Khan, reached Karachi along with Asad Shafiq, Noor Wali, Anwar Ali, Mir Hamza and others. After a one-day rest, the players and team staffers will travel to Lahore.

Speaking with the press, Quetta Gladiators Captain Sarfaraz Ahmed said that PSL`s final in Lahore is a good omen for Pakistani cricket and he is happy to see the passion in the country for PSL, he added that though the omission of foreign players from squad will impact the performance of team but the team would try its level best to win the final match.

Meanwhile; Ahmed Shahzad, Zulfikar Babar, Saad Nasim, Muhammad Nawaz and Assistant Coach Abdul Razzaq directly reached Lahore today. Quetta Gladiators will start its training at Qaddafi stadium on Friday.

Gladiators will be playing final match of the tournament against either Peshawar Zalmi or Karachi Kings.

Four foreign players associated with Quetta Gladiators have refused to play the final of the Pakistan Super League in Lahore.

In tweets after the Gladiators' win against Zalmi in Sharjah, star batsmen Kevin Pietersen and Rilee Rossouw, all-rounder Luke Wright and fast bowler Tymal Mills confirmed their unavailability for PSL final in Lahore.

https://www.geo.tv//psl/latest/132950-Gladiators-arrive-in-Pakistan-to-play-PSL-final

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Seems like hardly anyone supporting Quetta tomorrow. Those from other teams in Zalmi camp.

Massive underdogs but you never know. The occasion of the final might get to Zalmi. We've been there before.

Kai Kai Quetta

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  7. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    ^ It's Kai Kai you burger

8. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    STFU and piss off...

9. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
  10. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Zalmi's overconfidence might overthrow them.

Quetta are the underdogs so a perfect opportunity for them to prove everyone wrong!

11. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
  12. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    Its sad because a lot of the time their foreign players have seen them through. Deserved better than this final showing though. Pitch was a serious minefield after the first few overs. So was very difficult to bat on. Bad decision to bowl first

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Sir Vivian Richards becomes permanent member of Quetta Gladiators

LAHORE (Daily Dunya) – Refuting the rumors of Sir Vivian Richards leaving Pakistan Super League’s (PSL) franchise Quetta Gladiators, the authorities have announced that the former West Indies captain has become lifetime member of the team.

Earlier, the news of making Kevin Peterson as Quetta Gladiators’ new mentor was taking round on the media over which team owner Nadeem Omar said that it’s proud for us to be with Vivian Richards.

He said that Quetta Gladiators is like a family and once a player joins it, it will be against our rules to sack him, he continued.

He further said it is not possible that we would break our relationship with Sir Richards.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/4065...becomes-permanent-member-of-Quetta-Gladiators

14. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Retained players for Quetta Gladiators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Smooth Operator

Jul 17, 2017
    Who actually retains a dud like Shafiq

16. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  17. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  19. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  20. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    DOcGxeSXcAA-DUx.jpg

I'm happy they've picked two good local Karachiites in Saud Shakeel & Saad Ali.
    Having said thatm their pace attack is weak and their batting will also be more dependent on overseas players

21. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    Should have given Nazar Hussain from Pishin a chance.

22. maddgenius

maddgenius Smooth Operator

Oct 6, 2014
    Pace attack comprising of Rahat Ali, Anwar and Mir Hamza lol
    Even their spinners aren't as good as the other teams have. Mind boggling selections

23. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    For me they have picked too many local batsman,Shafiq,Rameez,Umar Amin,Saud and Saad Ali,two places are for KP and Rilee and one is for Sarfraz.

The pace Attack is very weak and the overall attack is nothing to boast about.

With that said,We will be in the finals,Our middle order is the best,Hopefully Moin khan's son gets a few hundreds.

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Protests in Balochistan as no player from province added in Quetta Gladiators

QUETTA (Dunya News) – All the cricket associations of Balochistan on Wednesday raised protests against Quetta Gladiators for not adding a single player from the province in the team for the third edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

The associations announced to conduct rallies against this negligence across the province, and Mustafa Kamal also spoke in favor of cricketers. Abandoning players from Quetta is injustice, declared Kamal.

The officials of Quetta cricket said if players from Balochistan are not included in the team then Quetta Gladiators should be renamed as Karachi Gladiators.

Furthermore, the authorities have also declared to take legal action if their concerns are not removed.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/4145...s-no-player-from-province-added-in-Gladiators

25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Mustafa Kamal unhappy with Quetta Gladiators

RAWALPINDI: Quetta Gladiators may be one of the most liked teams in the Pakistan Super League but Quetta Cricket Association president Murad Ismail and Pak Sarzameen Party president Mustafa Kamal are unhappy with what they perceive to be the deliberate ignoring of Balochistan players by the franchise.

Neither Ismail nor Kamal minced their words and even called for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to take action against the Gladiators.

“If they don’t want to pick any player from Quetta or Balochistan then they should just change their name from Quetta Gladiators to Karachi Gladiators,” said Ismail. “I appeal to the PCB to take action against this team and hand over its management to someone who will work for players of Quetta.”

Kamal was similarly unimpressed. “It’s good that the third edition of the PSL is going to take place but the Gladiators team, which represents Quetta, doesn’t have any player from Balochistan.”

Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omer said his side will be looking to amend this. “We will be picking our 21st player from Quetta; whoever is the best available player,” he said. “It can be an emerging youngster or an experienced senior but there will be one player from Quetta that will travel with the side in PSL3.”

Balochistan-based top-order batsman Bismillah Khan was part of the side in the opening two editions but was not retained for the third edition, with the management insisting that they did so since better players than him were available and they are not bound to pick players from the regions they represent.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1559044/7-mustafa-kamal-unhappy-quetta-gladiators/

26. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Carlos Brathwaite, other Quetta Gladiators players send message to fans

As February starts, the hype for the upcoming Pakistan Super League (PSL) continues to increase, with several Quetta Gladiators players sending messages to their fans regarding the upcoming tournament.

There is some bad news to contend with as well though, with World T20 hero Carlos Brathwaite informing the fans that he will be unable to feature in this year’s tournament due to international commitments.

“Unfortunately I will not be able to play in this year’s PSL as I have been picked to represent the West Indies in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers,” said the West Indies T20I captain. “I was really looking forward to it. However, country calls and I am looking forward to representing my country with distinction.”

The 29-year-old all-rounder did extend his support to his PSL team though. “I will be supporting from afar the Quetta Gladiators this season,” he said. “Good luck to friends, fans, members, players and staff alike. Good wishes for this PSL tournament and I will be following.

Other Quetta players, on the other hand, expressed their excitement at being part of the mega tournament.

Australian pacer Ben Laughlin took to the camera to express his excitement at playing in the tournament. “Awesome news that I got picked up in the PSL by the Gladiators. Can’t wait to represent team purple,” said the 35-year-old, who made his ODI debut for Australia against Pakistan back in 2009. “Looks like an awesome competition and I am really excited, see you guys.”

Fellow Australian Chris Green was similarly delighted. “Hi everyone, I am really excited to have been picked up the Quetta Gladiators in this year’s PSL,” said the former Lahore Qalandars man. “I had a great time there last year and I am looking forward to meeting my new teammates and putting on some good performances for all the Gladiators fans.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/162393...-quetta-gladiators-players-send-message-fans/

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  29. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  30. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  32. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  33. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  34. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Kevin Pietersen the only Quetta player refusing to travel to Pakistan: Gladiators owner

Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar on Thursday said that almost all the foreign players on his team's roster have agreed to come to Pakistan in case the team makes it to the play-offs of the Pakistan Super League 2018, with the sole exception being England's Kevin Pietersen.

The play-offs of the third edition of the PSL are scheduled to be held in Lahore, while the final will take place at National Stadium Karachi, which means the six franchises have the added responsibility of convincing its players to make the trip to Pakistan from UAE.

A day after Karachi Kings owner Salman Iqbal claimed he expects all of foreign cricketers in his side to come to Pakistan, his Gladiators counterpart also delivered similarly positive news to Pakistan's cricket fans.

"All the players, including Shane Watson have agreed to travel to Pakistan," Omar said. "Kevin Pietersen is the only exception. He may not come but we are trying to convince him also."

In case the English veteran refuses to change his stance on the matter, Omar said his side already has a contingency plan in place.

"We have Jason Roy as a replacement for Pietersen," he said.

Pietersen was similarly conflicted ahead of the PSL 2017 final when he took his time but eventually decided against making the trip. In his absence, the Gladiators had ended up losinga one-sided final to Peshawar Zalmi.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1388141

35. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Quetta Gladiators aim to seize PSL title this year

KARACHI: Quetta Gladiators, the Pakistan Super League’s (PSL) two-time runners-up, inked a new three-year team sponsorship on Thursday as they bid to become champions when the third edition begins from Feb 22 in the UAE.

Head coach Moin Khan, the former Pakistan skipper, said luck deserted the Quetta franchise in the first two seasons when they lost the final against Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi, respectively.

“But I can say with conviction, Quetta Gladiators will enter the upcoming tournament with a much stronger and well-balanced squad of players. And if luck is on our side, then we’ll be hard to beat,” Moin warned the rival teams. “As a coach, it’s great pleasure for me to be part of a brilliant unit of players, support staff and team management. I feel proud that our team is more of a family where each member is extremely supportive. The never-say-die attitude is our strength.

“Compare to first two years, I feel we have a better side this time with [national team skipper] Sarfraz Ahmed at the helm. And speaking of Sarfraz, I think we all need to support him despite Pakistan’s poor performance during the ODI series in New Zealand.

“He [Sarfraz] is the right man to lead Pakistan at next year’s World Cup in my opinion because he’s done well as a leader. Admittedly, there were few incidents on the New Zealand that got bad publicity. But it doesn’t mean that Sarfraz should not be leading the team. In the past such things happened but were resolved amicably.

“I’m sure Sarfraz will learn [from the mistakes] during this tour and become a better captain as far as handling of players is concern.”

Later, Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar and Ghias Khan, president of Engro Corporation, signed the agreement after which the brands of the sponsoring company will be prominently featured as part of the Quetta Gladiator’s team kit among other elements throughout the year.

Speaking on the occasion, Ghias said: “With over a hundred million viewers worldwide and a galaxy of national and international stars, the Pakistan Super League is the crown jewel of Pakistan sports which is why we are very excited to announce our association as official team sponsor of Quetta Gladiators.

“The Gladiators have consistently been one of the most exciting teams to watch in the PSL. They share our passion for winning and our love for putting the country on the map for the right reasons.”

Nadeem observed that the start of this relationship will provide true value of franchising in cricket.

“The franchise and the game in general, need the support of corporations and sponsoring partners to grow and become self-sustaining entities. We are beginning an exciting journey with Engro and are hoping to elevate the game’s reach and stature in Pakistan with their support,” Nadeem remarked.

“Beyond conventional sports sponsorship, their arm of support allows us to execute ideas that bridge the gap between cricket and the masses. This also was a founding goal of initiating the PSL and for us to invest in the league.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1388150

36. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    some really good signings by Quetta this year

KP is old now, they should let him go after this season

37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  39. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Hopefully Quetta play some good cricket and win.

I expect a lot from our boys.

Want Hassan to bat at no 6, I like the way he plays as a batsman and he is more capable than Anwar Ali and Nawaz.

Nawaz is truly pathetic, as is Sir Anwar Ali but Atleast they are the 2 best fielders in Pakistan.

40. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Gladiators owner announces Rs0.5 million cash prize for Karachi Whites

KARACHI: Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar has announced a cash prize of Rs500,000 for Karachi Whites after the team beat Islamabad by five wickets to become National One Day Cup champions on Sunday.

Nadeem, who also heads the Pakistan Cricket Club, said he was impressed by how the Karachi team chased down an intimidating target of 349 runs in a pressure situation.

[​IMG]
    Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar/File photo

“I’m very pleased to see Karachi as champions of the One Day Cup. It was a delight to watch young Danish Aziz play a whirlwind innings along with senior Fawad Alam, who just can’t stop scoring heavily,” Nadeem said.

“At one point, the match was almost gone but the way Danish and Fawad played, it was a treat to watch. Fawad did what he does best, holding up the innings together while Danish played some extravagant shots and was unfazed by the occasion and situation.”

Nadeem also praised the captaincy of Asad Shafiq in the event, as well as his improved batting.

“I would like to appreciate captain Asad Shafiq because he was very good as a captain and even better as a batsman. He is scoring [well] in List A matches and has certainly improved his game. It’s good for Quetta Gladiators that Asad is performing well, Saud Shakil, Saad Ali, Umar Amin, Anwar Ali, Rahat Ali, Mir Hamza they all are doing really good.

[​IMG]
    Fawad Alam smashes 149 as Karachi Whites clinch National One Day Cup
    Fawad Alam hit 149 off 130 balls as Karachi Whites beat Islamabad by five wickets in the final

“Another name I would like to mention is of Khurram Manzoor as he was brilliant as well while Head Coach Saleem Jaffar and his management deserve appreciation as well for keeping the unit motivated and winning the title,” said the Gladiators owner.

Nadeem vowed to continue to support cricket and players of Karachi. Omar Associates and Quetta Gladiators will keep providing the platform of Patron’s Trophy Grade-II, Ramzan Cricket and PSL to the talented players and performers in future, he added.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/181541-qu...ce-rs05-million-cash-prize-for-karachi-whites