PSL spot-fixing case: Pakistan Cricket Board to grill Nasir Jamshed

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will interrogate Test batsman Nasir Jamshed for his role in PSL spot-fixing scandal that led to suspension of three
    players. According to a well-informed official in the board, Jamshed will be questioned in at the Pakistan High Commission in London, where he is based these days. "He can't come to Pakistan as he is on bail and has to appear before UK's national crime agency in April in this case. But we want to also question him in detail about his role in the PSL spot-fixing scandal," the source told PTI.

According to the official either Jamshed would be questioned on skype or the head of the PCB Anti-Corruption Unit, Colonel Azam would fly to London with a legal advisor to carry out the interview. "It will happen soon as Nasir appears to have played a key role in the spot-fixing scandal that came to our notice.
    He is the one who asked Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and others to meet with the suspected bookmaker, Yousuf Anwar in Dubai last month," the source claimed.

Media reports have said that Nasir has also agreed to become an approver in the case for the PCB but the source said he was not in a position to confirm or deny this. Jamshed, 27, who has appeared in two Tests, 48 ODIs and 18 T20 internationals is presently settled in the UK with his family but appeared in Pakistan┬┐s ongoing domestic season in January.

The left-hander was also suspected of spot-fixing in the Bangladesh Premier League two years back but managed to escape without any punishment and went on to make his last appearance for Pakistan in the 2015 World Cup. The PCB has already suspended three players, Sharjeel, Khalid and Muhammad Irfan in the case and a three-member tribunal, headed by a former judge, has already been formed to hold the hearings. Both Sharjeel and Khalid have denied doing any
    spot-fixing for the suspected bookmaker and a yet to be named foreigner but have admitted to not informing authorities when approaches were made to them to spot fix matches in the PSL.

Similarly pace bowler, Muhammad Irfan has also admitted getting offers and not informing the authorities about him and has also been provisionally suspended from all cricket and has been given 14-days to reply to the show cause notice issued to him in which he has been charged with violation of some clauses of the ACU code. The PCB ACU officials and legal advisor have also carried out detailed questioning of another Pakistani player, Shahzaib Hasan on Tuesday and Wednesday in Lahore. Pakistan interior minister, Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan told the media in Islamabad on Thursday that the government was taking the PSL spot-fixing case seriously. "The PSL spot-fixing case is not just about our cricket it is also an embarrassment for Pakistan and I can tell you if anyone is found guilty of playing with the integrity of the game and image of Pakistan he can expect strong punishment," Nisar said.

Link: http://m.mid-day.com/articles/psl-s...ll-nasir-jamshed-sports-cricket-news/18080197

2. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm still finding it hard to believe that somebody like Nasir (such a lullu, dabbo, clumsy type guy) can do something with this magnitude... totally stunned...

3. zkhan427

zkhan427 Cricistani

Oct 2, 2012
    He's been playing us all...he probably is the one who made the fake twitter account to feed into this stigma :p

4. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    This is what I mean, I'm amaze with his level of intellect. I mean after all we're talking about a doofus looking person.

5. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cricistani

Aug 31, 2011
    Grill huh? Ironic considering he is fat

6. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cricistani

Aug 31, 2011
    He went to jail for cheating on his exam lol if anything it should not be a surprise

7. zkhan427

zkhan427 Cricistani

Oct 2, 2012
    they are about to fry him

8. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes mate, I came to know about that story, which basically illustrate about his character.

9. MNA

MNA Cricistani

Mar 11, 2015
    jamshed.jpg

10. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
  11. Shaz130

Shaz130 Cricistani

Dec 29, 2016
    He deserves no remorse. I hope PCB grill him than cook him for the crook he is!

12. Ahson8

Ahson8 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Come on man, cheating on an exam doesn't mean a person will turn out to be a fixer lool

13. Patriot

Patriot Cricistani

Oct 8, 2014
    didn't know the punishment for cheating in exam was jail

14. Ahson8

Ahson8 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    I'm surprised about that too lol. Haven't heard it anywhere else

15. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cricistani

Aug 31, 2011
    True, should be hanged for it...Quite an absurd rule though

16. Mohsin

Mohsin Cricistani

Feb 21, 2010
    It shows one's character

17. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Once a thief always a thief.

Might be different for different people but you lose your confidence on such people.

18. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    He must have done something really absurd with the invigilator to get behind bars... because more than 75% students cheat in any examination room in Pakistan.

19. MNA

MNA Cricistani

Mar 11, 2015
    Exactly. This is bizarre, getting behind bars for 'cheating in exams', there may be more to this than what meets the eye.

20. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    And do you think someone would want to pay Mohammad Irfan for not bowling well? :D

21. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Cricistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Its not just bowling not well.. it could be bowling this many wide balls or no balls

Or a specific delivery of this over will be a wide ball.. they bet on everything

Not just about underperforming

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

22. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    As @Passionate Pakistani said, it's not about bowling one or two specific deliveries.

There could be any ball of any over which might be fixed.

It could be how many ball a bowler will ball in an over - it could be 7 or even 8, you just name it.

And BTW, he didn't ball that bad in PSL-II, if you've followed IU games.

23. iAd

iAd Cricistani

Nov 9, 2012
    Why so touchy? Have you done something similar? :p

24. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Cricistani

Jul 24, 2012
    Grill doesn't seem appropriate for Fat Nas, doubt he's ever had anything grilled in his life.

PCB to Fry Nasir Jamshed

PCB to drizzle Nasir Jamshed in Ghee

PCB to lather Nasir Jamshed in butter are all more appropriate.

25. MNA

MNA Cricistani

Mar 11, 2015
    and they wouldn't even need to add much butter!

26. Bilal123

Bilal123 Cricistani

Dec 11, 2010
    He must be very chalaak.
    He's managed to marry a doctor after all and settle in UK. He's made a nice easy life for himself

27. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    hahaha, seems like it.

It's beyond me why on earth a British National, well educated girl will chose to marry such a retarded dihati, who doesn't even have looks?

28. Bilal123

Bilal123 Cricistani

Dec 11, 2010
    Girls like the dopey kind, they think it's cute.
    Either that or Jamshed has big feet :cool:

29. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    No bro, I don't think so. Life is too precious to be ruin on such ugly looking potato :eek:.