PSL

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by CricketFan96, Jun 12, 2019.

1. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    We’ve had the privilege of our own t20 league for 3 seasons running and you’re trying to tell me that Bilal Asif is the best hard hitter we’ve unearthed?

Either the rest of our homegrown players are awful or there’s something seriously wrong BTS. Sad to see really.

2. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Asif Ali***

Keep getting his name mixed up smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Asif Ali had the backing of Misbah and that is y he was selected like Azhar Ali was made captain.

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

4. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Asif Ali is not dynamic. He's the good ol pinch hitter. But here is my point. At 250-3 won't anybody be able to hit?? It's not like he's getting 19 ball 50s anyways it's more 50 from 35 balls, and in these critical matches he's pretty much a non factor. I always leave him out because you know hecwint do jack. Afridi was fine because he gave you ten overs and was a rock fielder. He drops catches and cannot bowl. Kick him out.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    correct, this is why it's amazing that Shahid Afridi at the age of 44 is still the most destructive batsman in the country.

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Don't need massive hitters. Guys like Hafeez can do just as good a job when the platform is there.

Asif is trash. Poor batting poor fielding. If he's got any talent or match winning performance he's not showing them

7. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    I was always of the opinion that you need to have 2-3 guys who you should try out and give chances too as you can then only see how good they are.

Asif and Sohail Akhtar were 2 names I was in the past mentioning that should have been tried out to see how they can do at the international level. The only thing that does or did not go in favour of Akhtar was his age which is now is mid 30's and his less matches played in comparison to Asif to be tried as he came into cricket maybe at a late stage if so as he can hit the ball and has the option of actually bowling medium pace too.

Both Asif and Akhtar did not have the stats to their advantage either but back then I thought Akhtar had the better stats in domestic T20's and maybe List A in comparison to Asif Ali's which was why I wanted to see both given a go in international cricket to see who can do better or both.