1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Qasim Akram - the future Mohammad Hafeez ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Jan 31, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Part of the U19 team. Bats at No 4 and bowls some very handy offspin.

His performances in the WC so far are

54 & 2/41 vs ZIM &
    25* & 1/15 vs AFG

I thought he bowled brilliantly today, he was very economical and really tied down the Afghanistan middle order batsmen in those middle overs; very reminiscent of how Hafeez used to operate in the 2012-13 period. Did well to absorb the pressure and finish the game with the bat today too. Looks a good prospect; one to keep an eye on for sure IMO.

2. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Do we have any video/highlights ?

3. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    A few on ICC page but nothing substantial

4. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 2
    • List
  5. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I didn't realize we were looking for a new Mohammad Hafeez.

6. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    We don’t need another Mohammed Hafeez. Is this our level now lol.

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Hopefully not...

Ahson has some LOW standards.

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Hopefully he can be better than Hafeez.

9. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Fantasy Draft Wins: 4

Oct 6, 2014
    Was this supposed to be a good news?

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    the whole nation is trying to get rid of Hafeez and here we have Ahson trying to hype another supposedly Hafeez in the making

11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Bhai you don't understand value of Hafeez. I'm sure you have seen Iftikhar bowl. Yes decent batsman but he cant bat higher than 6. And his captain is only going to trust him with 4 overs against a weak team. Only other chance he may get to bowl is when we are 4-0 down in a series. Hafeez is guy who can be counted as a whole bowler and batsman all be it not great but decent. Like Moeen for England. Instead of bullying Hafeez we need to strengthen the other positions.

12. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    There wouldn't be a 'new Mohammad Hafeez' anytime soon, players like him are born once in a generation!

13. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Alhumdulillah

14. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    Tbh Hafeez at his peak was a very handy player, secondly I meant as in playing role, as in a batsman who can bowl 7-8 economical overs per game, his batting seems more compact than Hafeez

15. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    We desperately need a all rounder. Hafeez when he was bowling was filling that space.

16. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Lmaooo they really got onto you for that comment. I get what you mean, Hafeez although he needs to go ASAP, he did fill a role for us for a while

17. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Future Mohammed Hafeez... Ahson just destroyed the kid's career in 3 words.

[​IMG]

18. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    'Just like Haider Ali, Qasim Akram will make his Pakistan debut soon’ U19 coach Ijaz Ahmed

[​IMG]
    Lahore: Pakistan U19 team head coach Ijaz Ahmed has predicted that just like emerging batsman Haider Ali, young all-rounder Qasim Akram will make his senior team debut soon.

The 19-year-old Haider made his debut against England in the final T20I of the series and made sparkling fifty. Qasim is a right-handed batsman and bowls right-arm off break. He represented Pakistan U19 earlier this year at the ICC U19 World Cup in South Africa.

“I am fully confident about Qasim because he has full complete abilities to become a great all-rounder. He is one of the best fielders according to white-ball cricket requirement, his power-hitting and fitness are of top quality,” former batsman said.

“Apart from him, there is Abbas Afridi, pacer Amir Khan, spinner Aamir Ali, wicket-keeper batsman Haris Khan. I am confident that soon these U19 products will represent the national team soon,” he added.

He also hailed the ongoing U19 trails in six cricket association for the National U19 teams. “Being a selector, I have experienced these trials too and it is a great opportunity for the kids. We will consider these potential players and those who are already in the U19 setup,” he maintained.

https://arysports.tv/just-like-haider-qasim-will-pakistan-debut-soon-u19-coach-ijaz/