1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Quarter Final 3: Pakistan vs Australia in Adelaide - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by Wasim, Mar 15, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    I just had a dream we won. Insha'Allah it comes true.

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    team i would pick
    1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Sarfaraz
    3. Younus Khan
    4. Misbah
    5. Harris Sohail
    6. Sohaib Maqsood
    7. Shahid Afridi
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Sohail Khan / Yasir Shah
    10. Rahat Ali / Sohail Khan
    11. Irfan

3. Pakistani_Legend

Pakistani_Legend Talented

Oct 4, 2014
    We will win, InshaAllah. Let's back the team.

4. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Even though on paper Australia is better man for man, they're in lethal form, Starc is out performing all our bowlers despite our guys doing well, there batting is much superior, fielding they beat us hands down but .....

I think all Pak fans should just put emotions and passions over logic as neither does our team play by logic nor have we ever won via logic .... Besides this stuff comes around every 4 years, so we only have brief moments to indulge in our emotions and 4 years to assassinate the PCB, team management, captain etc so lets just take a step back and for a brief moment experience the emotional rollercoaster rides of a Pakistan fan :shrug.

P.S - We'll destroy Australia, In Shaa Allah!

#It'sThe P.B effect :shrug!

5. Pakistani_Legend

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeh cheez!

6. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
  7. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    We will crush and destroy Australia.

8. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    1. Sarfraz
    2. Shehzad
    3.Sohail
    4.Misbah
    5.Akmal
    6. Maqsood
    7. Afridi
    8. Riaz
    9. Ali
    10. Sohail
    11. Irfan/Ehsan

9. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Excellent post! No one ever gets this when I try to explain it - Pakistan team knows no stats or logic. It's all about emotion and passion. We know the ability is there and Pakistan's ceiling is way higher than Australia's (bowling anyway). So, let's get out there and win ayyyyyyy wooooooot.

10. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    The one thing that I've noticed has seriously changed, is the belief. There was so much doubt, no one believed in us winning. Well now our team has that fighting spirit. I feel like they will give it their all. Bowlers are in awesome form. Wahab is fantastic right now. Sohail was bowling brilliantly the other day as well.

I think we should try to bat first. Score 280+ (We are capable right now. Umar's record against Australia is apparently really good. Afridi hasn't performed insanely well for a while, so I see something coming. Sarfraz will take on any bowler. Maqsood might get into touch this match)

11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    I think we need to realise that we won only one match against good team.. rest of our wins were against minnows. Same bowling ans batting line up flopped against India and Windies.. even against minnows we conceded 200+ and didnt have any great outing with bat except UAE which was also down to plenty of dropped catches.

We had only one good game and that was a typical choke by SA. . Doesnt mean we will beat everyone now. England also beat SA at group stage in 2011 when SA beat everyone imcluding host India. .but England didnt go any far.

12. Pakistani_Legend

Oct 4, 2014
    I think someone could do without the word "Passionate" in his username. :waiting

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014

Yeah like someone without "Legend" would also be more appropriate. :shrug

14. Pakistani_Legend

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeah. :p

15. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    I think we should close this site down until quarter final against Australia as we will lose anyways so what is the use of wasting time on discussions. :shrug

16. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Adding "Un" will do the job.

17. Pakistani_Legend

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeah, both are viable options.

18. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    We had to face Australia/NZ at some stage and lock horns with them to have a shot at claiming championship. Now that it's time, let's see if this team is "Pakistani" enough to kill giants of the game.

19. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Bro that's not the point, it's all fair and honest to admit that we'll lose to Australia, fair enough .... No one is disputing your point.

The issue is, you will have a billion chances to target the core issues of us potentially losing the World Cup, the players, PCB, management will be in for strong criticism as everyone starts to take apart the theory of us being extra superb at the World Cup, the point is, you get this oppourtunity rarely, every 4 years to be exact, so what's wrong if you just indulge in what your heart believes at it's depth that "Pakistan will upset Australia", just let your emotions take over for once man, this chance is rare, why risk ruing it in the future.

Logic dictates Australia will win, but not every game is won by logic otherwise SA would have dominated the group stages, considering their line up both bowling and batting wise, their superior fielding etc.

20. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Irfan out, Pakistan out.

21. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Or may be we should allow posts only after your approval or just post that we will crush aussies.

22. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011

Where did I asked you to not post?

UnPassionate Pakistani

23. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Thank God iam not like you who will question passion and patriotism just because of a sport. This is only a mean of entertainment. Nothing more.

24. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015

LOL! Sounds just like Australia's run!

Remind me who Aus have beaten? A pre-qualified SL?

25. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Yeah sounds just like australia run other than the fact that Australia comprehensively beat all minnows and arent humiliated by anyone.. even their single loss was by only one wicket compare to Pakistan humiliating defeats against India & Windies.

Coming to this world cup, Pakistan had won 2 out of 12 matches. .whereas Australia defeated Pakistan, SA, England and India all comprehensively.. they didnt reach to number 1 ranking by winning only one match.

Furthermore, they dont need to wet themselves over a single win against good team in world cup.. they have been having a magnificent run form for a while unlike Pakistan who had a rare win against top team after almost a year.

26. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    South Africa has had an incredible run as well and now look at them. Lost to India badly and crumbled to Pakistan.

The World Cup is a different ball game and any run of form prior to the world cup is almost irrelevant.

27. cricketjunkie

cricketjunkie Emerging Player

Jan 22, 2015

IN ODI it depends on that given day one batsmen scoring hundred or bowler taking five wickets can put the match in your favor so lets put the faith in this team and believe we can do it

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    No they didnt.. they won series against windies weak team but lost 4-1 to Australia before that series.

29. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I have faith man, I can't wait for this game.

For some reason though, I can't shake the fact that we're supposed to win this game so ICC can have another Pakistan India semi-final, only for India to beat us again. I know it's paranoia and not possible, but still, the feeling exists.

30. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Interesting. I was just judging based off what I'd read on CS cuz I wasn't really following cricket before the WC.

31. cricketjunkie

Jan 22, 2015

No Man if we win the this game then there is nothing stopping us no even India and we do win this we are facing india in Semis i just have feeling that we will avenging all this losses this time with ah win

32. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    It is one game. Anyone can win. Prior form doesn't count.

33. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    You guys are worried about facing India in semis, I'm worried about facing NZ in the final. They are still bitter about 92.

34. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    True, but I'll take the loss against NZ in the final if we beat India in Semis. That's how I feel right now, at least.

35. cricketjunkie

Jan 22, 2015

Not worried about india or NZ because if we win this game then there is nothing stopping us from bringing the that WC back to Pakistan this is our final we should play like it

36. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
  37. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
  38. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    [email protected]

the way umar and sarfraz were timing the ball last match, if they both can perform we have a good chance. our bowling is doing well anyways. Afridi, at some point of the match, will have to perform. he is a very important player.

39. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Dude, I never said it's not a big deal around the world. Just said it's not a very big deal in Norway :fp

40. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    I know that feeling man. I'm afraid of match-fixing like crazy. Can't even trust our players it feels like.