Question regarding "Video Clips"

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Nadeem, Feb 15, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I do apologies in advance if I have posted in the wrong section and if you wish please remove the thread if you feel it will create confrontation (which I don’t wish to do).

I’ve been wondering what video clips are we allowed to post on Cricistan, if there are any rule’s surely we has member’s should be informed. I've heard from some members that PP have banned the word "Cricistan" and are banning/warning anyone posting cricistan clips

Many Thanks.

2. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    As you see the word PakPassion hasnt been altered automatically and also I have also spoken to Mercenary about mentioning other sites and he gave a good reply here it is

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It's a good question nadeem and kkk has already answered most of it.

When I was on the PP team, I set the policy for the clips forum and the policy was quite simple. Any video which is of good quality and/or unique was allowed. There were two main exceptions to that, no videos were allowed from sites abusive/hostile to PP and anyone claiming credit for videos they hadn't uploaded themselves or anyone not giving credit to the original source had their clips deleted.

Clearly from what nadeem is saying they have changed that policy and that's their right, it's their website and they can allow or disallow any clips on any basis. Also they are free to censor out any words or websites based on their own PP policies.

The video clips policy on Cricistan will be as follows...

* No clips from websites abusive/hostile towards Cricistan or Pakistan cricket
    * No clips that are ripped off from someone else (without crediting the source)
    * No clips that are abusive in nature

...That's it really.

So feel free to post branded clips from pakmusic, pakpassion or any other source. The internet is for sharing and sharing in a mature way is what a community website like Cricistan was set up to do.

4. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I like the stance taken from Cricistan. It also answers the any questions or doubt's I had about posting video clips.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm glad to have cleared that up for you Nadeem and (everyone) please feel free to ask any other questions, the worst that will happen is that you'll get a no comment as an answer!

6. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    I like your stance on this Merc. PP is being insecure, as always.