Quetta's Mohammad Hasnain clocked 149k today (150.54k now)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I was watching Quetta v Lahore and they announced a young 18 year old bowler for Quetta. I didn't think much of it. Nobody had been talking about him. I even skipped the first couple of balls.

I watched him bowl his 3rd delivery. He ran in, bowled with a nice smooth action. Didn't give the impression he was putting in a lot of effort. he looked around fast medium pace but then the speed gun flashed 148k.

I sat up but he hadn't looked very fast so I thought maybe it was a speed gun error. His next ball was 147k and then the commentators started noticing the same thing I had. Rameez said the speed gun seems to think he's fast. Rameez was probably thinking like me that this kid doesn't look like he's bowling fast.

Over his 4 overs Hasnain clocked 149k, 148k, 147k (twice), 146k and several other deliveries above 140k.

His bowling doesn't look that fast but the speed gun is clocking him at those speeds. This kid is only 18, bowling at 149k with no effort. He could be special.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Really excited. He was consistently fast. When I watched him he didn’t bowl single ball in 130s for Pakistan pacers especially at Intl level these days that would basically mean bowling in the 120s but this guy was just wow! Originally it was said he was 145 but I lowered it to 140 because Pakistan analysts are almost always wrong, they also said Ghulam Mudassar was 140+ but look at him. Hasnain got injured just before PSL 3 so based on that today I was expected speeds of max 135 but 150 almost and high 140s consistently got me excited. Also he has a nice action and wrist position. He is of nice height and build. Waqar was right when he first selected him however he should have backed him.

Naseem Shah is also fast. All of a sudden we are a fast bowling powerhouse again. I don’t mind trundlers but when you start producing trundler after trundler what happens is they end up not very good and bowl at 128 kph without any movement and on top of that they don’t have great control the end result is Tanvir Ahmed, Mir Hamza, Tabish Khan, Samiullah Niazi, Imran Khan(Australia) These swing and seam ‘merchants’ are figured out at Intl level I bet Sadaf would also get exposed. The swing goes because the ball is changed as are conditions and on top of that even if you do swing it batsman are just prepared.

3. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    Haven’t seen it, but I like it! Any links?

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Intriguing! Highlights should be up on PSL youtube channel tomorrow.

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    He only made the team because Quetta's original emerging player, Naseem Shah, got injured. Pakistan has a lot of young fast bowling talent right now and they need to be looked after.

There's Shaheen Shah, Musa Khan, Mohammad Hasnain, Naseem Shah, and Arshad Iqbal.

Shaheen has already tasted success in international cricket. Musa and Hasnain are in the spotlight now due to impressive PSL debuts. Naseem got injured so has to miss out. But haven't heard much about Arshad. He's a tall bowler, well built, and has good pace. Don't think any team picked him up.

6. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    I think the exciting thing about this lad is that (having seen some little clips, he has a good action). Haris’ action is pretty ugly (and no, I’m not saying he’s a chucker).

Shaheen doesn’t excite me much. Seems he’ll always be fast medium at best. Musa is interesting but I think his ceiling is about 91-92mph (146-148ks). I seriously doubt he’s 18 aswell

Arshad seems another sharpish bowler but for the most part will operate in the mid to late 130s.

I’d be very interested to see how Naseem Shah comes back after injury.

7. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015

Beautiful action. I heard from Rashid Latif about Hasnain few weeks ago and he said the guys bowls between 145-150. Since then I was waiting for his debut. I am surprised Quetta didn’t play him in earlier games. He is a real find. Pakistan need to look after him.

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    You forgot to mention Harris Rauf

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Gladiators' rookie teen Hasnain aims to be the next Pakistani speedster

DUBAI: Mohammad Hasnain made his Twenty20 debut on Wednesday donning purple for Quetta Gladiators in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) game against Lahore Qalandars.

Although the right-arm pacer's side did not win, he managed to get everyone’s attention with his fiery spell, finishing with 1/29, and his consistent speed of over 140 kilometres per hour — something Pakistan has been looking for for years now.

The 18-year-old from Hyderabad says the PSL is a big opportunity for him to prove his worth as a fast bowler.

“I am so excited that I got the opportunity to play in the PSL," he said.

"I’m thankful to all the management of Quetta Gladiators that showed confidence in me and gave me the chance to prove myself,” he said.

When asked about his future goals, Hasnain noted: “It’s my dream to play for Pakistan and prove myself with a bowler with good pace and that I can bowl faster.”

Having represented Pakistan's Under-19 team, Hasnain said he grew up watching the fast bowling by Mohammad Sami, the speedster from Karachi who is one of his idols.

The young bowler, who now has his sight on achieving his dreams, said the only way to do so was to give his 100 percent in every game that he was selected for.

The teen also termed the PSL as a great learning opportunity where he was allowed to rub shoulders with some of the game's great names.

“Sharing the dressing room with the likes of Viv Richards, Sarfaraz Ahmed, [Shane] Watson, and [Rilee] Rossouw gives me a great learning opportunity,” he said.

“My only target is to give my 100 percent and make my team win games,” he underscored, with a hope to deliver the fastest ball while wearing green for Pakistan.

https://www.geo.tv/psl/latest/229537-rookie-hasnain-aims-to-be-the-next-speedster

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Exciting times. PSL has unearthed a number of potential speedsters.

11. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Harris Rauf is a different case from the ones I mentioned above. He's a 25 year old who has barely played any professional cricket and came onto the scene due to a talent hunt. The names I mentioned have been a part of a professional setup and have represented Pakistan in U-19 matches. They are all still under 20 years old and will be much more polished than Rauf.

12. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Impressive, this young boy - Haris is a finished product, pretty much, but this guy, I expect to be even better by this time next year if the right steps are taken.

13. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016

His yesterday's spell.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Really like his bowling action.

15. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
  16. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Pretty good. Good pace, but unlike Rauf has a fluid action as well. Some very good prospects coming through

17. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    In today's game vs Multan, Hasnain clocked 150.54k / 93.54 mph

Won't be long before Haris Rauf does the same.

18. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Naseem Shah is supposedly faster than Hasnain but has a very injury prone action.

19. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    Glad to see Pakistani fast bowlers bowling close to 150. I hope it continues and he consistently bowls around that speed. I am tired of watching Pakistani fast bowlers bowling around 135

20. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    is he bowling in this PSL? seems very young.

21. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Amazing find, great action, need to induct him and Rauf right away into the team so one or even both could be used in the WC alongside Shaheen and Amir.

22. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I request again, please give these boys to waqar younis and wasim akram

23. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    This is the biggest myth only Imran Khan type could make these guys great. He selected Waqar when he got smashed about in a one day game meanwhile Waqar let musa get dropped after one poor game Wasim as well has produced nothing and instead of giving confidence he doesn't give impression he's nice guy.

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I think Musa was replaced because Sami was fit again and Sami as the captain has to play. I'm sure Musa will play again before the tournament is over.

25. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    No. He's out with a back injury. His injury is the only reason Quetta picked up Hasnain as Naseem Shah was their original emerging player and Hasnain had gone not been picked by any team.

26. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Just shows how poor the PSL selectors are. They go for name value over potential.

How can Hasnain's selection be behind the likes of Cheema, Rahat, Umaid, Waqas, etc.

27. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Just looked and Naseem is only 16, on video his deliveries do seem to be going through quicker than Hasnain but that could be an optical illusion or nature of the pitch.

It's highly unlikely he's bowling at 150k at his age and with that frame. Has he been clocked on a speedgun yet? I think he's probably in the 140ks somewhere but not 150k+ yet.

Give him a couple of years and he might be.

28. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    wasim identified aamir.

29. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    He's definitely in the 140s but has not hit the 150 mark yet. He's been out of action for a couple of months now due to a serious back injury and has not resumed bowling yet. Let's see how he comes back from the injury and if his action will be altered.

Before the PSL, Hasnain had never been clocked at 150+ either. These few kids coming through have good pace and it's been years since we've see a group of young fast bowlers with this much talent.

30. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    You r right. What bothers me is; he was picked by isb in last psl by Waqar. Unfortunately he got injured. Waqar was v excited to work with him. This year isb didn’t pick him; not sure why.
    Rashid latif was saying couple of weeks ago that Hasnain was with them during khi king development program and bowl between 145-150 but they went with umar khan. Hasnain also played from PTV in domestic cricket this season. Can’t believe he wasn’t originally picked.

31. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    just need to loose the unnecessary aggression and cussing

Shadab too cusses way to much, need to mature down. this isnt u19 anymore

32. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    His speed was down yesterday, mostly late 130ks. A few in the very low 140ks.

He also took a bit of a beating which is a good thing. It's better he takes the beating in domestic than turns up at international thinking he's invincible.

33. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    His speed probably was down because he went for runs in his first over. He just slowed it down to get his line and length right. He just need to keep bowling fast and learn the art of controlling. With more experience he will be fine.

34. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Just watching the match on tv few hours back of Lahore bowling, rauf was bowling with short run up and bowling as a medium pacer?

I could be wrong it may not be rauf.

35. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Hmm fast bowlers who bowl slow to get their line and length right are not fast bowlers in mind. I am not an expert but I never saw real fast bowlers bowl a yard slow to bowl line and length.

Frustrating we live in the times of t20 bakwas.

36. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Boy has good potential but needs more time to enhance his skills.
    I watched him for the first time yesterday and noticed 2 things.

1. He likes to bowl short length stuff more. I believe a successful Pakistani bowler is always the one who knows how to beat the batsman in air bowling fuller lengths.

2. There are still many 130ish kph deliveries in between two 145+ kph steamers. This can be enhanced if proper training and guidance is provided.

37. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Kid is good. He has a very nice and smooth action. Needs proper guidance to become real asset for Pakistan. We have a good group of young fast bowlers coming through.

Hasnain
    Ilyas
    Musa
    Rauf. (Though his action is not so good)
    Sameen. (Not as fast as others but damn accurate. Can be excellent test bowler)

38. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    Strong temptation to pick Hasnain and Rauf for the Australia series. Rest Shaheen and Hasan.

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Hasnain corrects Waugh’s prediction by making it big in PSL

[​IMG]

LAHORE: Four years ago, Australia’s maestro Steve Waugh had predicted Shaheen Shah Afridi and Mohammad Hasnain will make it big by playing international cricket.

Shaheen corrected Waugh’s prediction by featuring in all three international formats in the last one year. It’s now Hasnain’s turn, who is set to make a name for himself at the top-level.

Apart from elder Waugh’s prediction, there is one more common thing about the two fast bowlers – they have made a big impact on HBL Pakistan Super League, which has paved their way into the Pakistan team, said a analysis carried out here on Wednesday.

Pakistan Under-15 team’s former coach Mohammad Masroor recalled the tour to Australia in 2015. “We did well on the tour and during one of the matches at the Bradman Ground near Sydney, Steve Waugh came to watch his son Austin and when he saw Shaheen and Hasnain in action, there, he predicted the two boys will make an impact at international level,” Masroor recalled.

Hasnain made an instant impact in the HBL PSL 2019, with his speed and hunger to do well.

Although, he has taken just seven wickets in five matches, his ability to constantly bowl at 150kph has caught everyone’s eye.

So impressed were the selectors and the team head coach Mickey Arthur, Hasnain was rewarded with a place in the national team for the upcoming one-day series against Australia in UAE. “Myself and Inzamam-ul-Haq watched a lot of the PSL and Hasnain fills a hole we are looking for in the national team,” Mickey told psl-t20.com.

“He has all the potential, and we are not going to rush somebody in, we will bring him slowly just like we did with Shaheen and will work with him to see if he is ready.”

“His pace is the most impressive.” The tall, earthy complexioned Hasnain started playing at an early age. Hyderabad region coach Iqbal Imam spotted his talent and has seen his progress over the years.

“Hasnain played Under-16 and Under-19 for Hyderabad, and right from the start, his pace has been consistent and impressive,” recalled Imam, a former first-class cricketer, who had played alongside Inzamam, Waqar Younis, Basit Ali and Mushtaq Ahmed for UBL.

“Hasnain has come of age through the age-group process of the Pakistan Cricket Board and is a real product of ours,” said Imam.

He was selected by Islamabad United last year, but an injury ruled him out from the HBL PSL 2018.

He made his first-class debut for PTV against Multan in September and picked up three wickets, while his and final second match to date went wicket-less.

This year Quetta Gladiators picked him as their 21st player. Since then, he has become number-one as far as the emerging talent is concerned.

Team-mate Shane Watson said he was instantly impressed. “He (Hasnain) is someone who is incredibly fast and skillful, and we will see a hell lot of him in the coming days.

He is doing a great job for Quetta,” said Watson, who has played many fast bowlers in his illustrious career for Australia.

Former great Waqar Younis has been a role model for Hasnain. “I grew up with an aim to become a fast bowler and Waqar was my role model,” said Hasnain.

“I am thrilled that my first PSL has brought me so much reward. It was my childhood dream to play for Pakistan and its near to fulfillment.” Waqar said he sees himself in Hasnain.

“Yes, I had the same pace and vigour at this age. He is very talented, and has pace, bounce and the determination.

I have told him not to lose his pace, which is his strong point,” he added. “What I have noticed is that apart from Shoaib Akhtar, all other pacers lost their pace after starting at 140-150kph, so Hasnain needs to heed on that,” said Waqar.

Waqar hopes Hasnain works hard to get his action smoother. “He is a bit rough in his action and I had that same problem and once that is sorted, he will not have to put a lot of effort.

I mean his run-up is a bit laborious, but once he manages it, he will be more effective.”

“I wish him the best of luck.”

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/03/1...ts-waughs-prediction-by-making-it-big-in-psl/

40. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    This kid is impressive. Exciting times ahead.