1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Rahat Ali - 143 kph left arm fast bowler from Multan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, May 10, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I spoke to Rahat Ali a few days ago and he said he was very excited to be part of the Pakistan camp and no doubt he;s over the moon to have been selected as well.

Rahat told me that he had been clocked at around 143kph during a camp that Aamir Sohail held. He thought he was still around the same pace but felt fitter. From what I hear he's better with the old ball but is very weak and needs to build some power. Also his posture is somewhat awkward but hopefully we'll all get to seem him for ourselves very soon.

I'm really looking forward to see him bowl and hopefully he turns out to be one for the future.

2. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    Hope he will do well in absence of Riaz

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    He was due his chance..aamir sohail regards him as the best fast bowler in domestic circuit. Hope he wont let us down.
    All the best to him.

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Iv heard a lot about this guy, hes now got his chance to shine on the international scene. Good luck too him, pakistan are crying out for a decent fast boler...lets hope hes the answer

5. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    happy for him :) hope he produces the goods inshaALLAH.

6. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    With no Wahab "Johnson" Riaz around, here's the young lad's chance to grab a possible bowlers spot and hopefully he can be a good prospect for Pakistan in the times to come. Main thing will be to look after the fitness levels as he's said recently he's feeling fitter, things may look good once he is seen bowling at a good pace in the middle!

7. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
  8. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Doing a decent job these days despite a mediocre List A record which is good to see.
    Him performing means we haven't missed Junaid.

9. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    He has the potential to go very far, very good action and seam position and bowls with rhythm.

10. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    His posture is still awkward lol

ehtesham congratulations, you were spot on about him. :shrug

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    impressed with him today, bowled in the right channels and looked threatening. Key component of our pace battery.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Good to see Rahat getting a consistent chance. These conditions are perfect for him. He moves the ball and bowls tight lines. All he needed was confidence and experience at the highest level.

Previously he was very emaciated looking but he's filled out nicely and it shows in his bowling too. He may not have the pace of Wahab and Irfan but he is very nippy. His deliveries speed up after bouncing making him come onto the bat quicker than the batsman is expecting.

13. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Easily the best swing bowler in our ranks. I hope he always keeps coming good, iA

14. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Stop insulting Kukri

15. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012

Rahat, Amir & Wahab after WC with Junaid as reserve ?

16. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Not bad at all.

17. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Red Devil, I was right wasn't I? :shrug

Rahat is a bowler that you have to be patient with, he has his control issues but under the right mentor he'll be fine.

He has natural swing, decent pace, can reverse the ball. He lacks variations and control but with a good bowling acumen and a good mentor (which despite Waqar's shortcomings as coach, he's the perfect mentor for Rahat with the way he's guided him) you have a steady swing bowler who can only get better.

Also Red Devil - I was right on Wahab Riaz as well, wasn't I? :shrug

18. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Looking aggressive too and not his timid himself he has been in his career so far. I guess it's all about confidence.

19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Aggression comes with assurance of your place in the side. If you're playing for your place every game then the last thing you want to do is come across as overly aggressive especially if you're not taking many wickets.

20. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Had many opportunities to meet up with Rahat in Multan as he grew up playing with one of my cousins.

Now he has done well and got some fame, I might be bothered now :p

Waqar for all his limitations is having a good effect on the pacemen.

He has taken care of the no balls. In the past I recall many times when Gul took wickets on no balls.

21. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    I think even under Akram we hardly bowled any no-balls/wides.

22. Red Devil

Red Devil Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 15, 2013
    Alright man bake me a humble pie :lol

23. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Waqar was having a quite an animated chat with all of them out on the field before the 2nd innings started. I guess he was telling them how to approach the game and perhaps certain batsmen.

24. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    yeah u owned him pretty bad alright

25. Pakistan97

Pakistan97 Tracer Bullet

Sep 7, 2010
    = deadly

26. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

The bowling really went backwards under Mo Akram, we're only recovering from that now.

27. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    He sucks, has no control, will get thrashed around.

28. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    What's awesome is that after the world cup especially we are gonna have loads of awesome fast bowlers that are all going to have to compete for a spot now.
    Muhammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan
    Maybe we can replicate the old West Indies and play 5 pacers ehhh?

29. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    I know you're being sarcastic but he was quite a scattergun when he made his test debut, improved after that but continued to bowl one to two boundary balls per over; now those have diminished as well, good to see.

That yorker to Miller today was really good, good to see him bowl that as well, because many stated he's not much of a thinking bowler, I think he's improving in that aspect as well..

30. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I disagree. Sohail Khan and even Imran Khan who played in UAE had good attitude (and both did aeroplane celebration)

Rahat is doing well and love his swing. When he doesn't swing, batsmen play for inswing and his straight balls go to slip. He's great, but I wish he didn't come across timid all the time. Hopefully with time his attitude will be similar to that of Wahab.

On a side note, Irfan's aggression was a great sight to watch. About time Irfan showed some.

31. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Sohail Khan is a 31 year old man who debuted 6 years ago and is quite a bolshy character. I did several interviews with him when he first came on the scene back in 2008 and even then he was an extrovert character who was full of confidence in himself.

I dont know much about Imran Khan but doing an aeroplane celebration when getting a wicket is not a big thing nor does it indicate aggression. Imran Khan seemed confident from what I saw of him.

Irfan is a shy guy, he keeps himself to himself. He's mostly sitting in his room during tours unless someone convinces him to go out for a meal. He's an introvert and he tries to show aggression on the field but it doesn't always come naturally to him. Rahat strikes me as someone who is cut from the same cloth.

Junaid is quite confident, Amir is too confident, Talha is quite shy. Ehsan Adil has been in the setup since u19 level and comes across as confident and I think he'll have an aggressive mindset if he gets going.

Just because someone is playing as an international sportsman it doesn't mean they can or should act against their natural character. It often comes across as a bit forced and fake which can do more harm than good as the batsman may pick up your nerves and come after you.

32. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    An agressive guy without the talent just ends up looking stupid. Sohail is far too agressive for his limited capacities.

33. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Correct. We were way too short under him. I am just commenting on the amount of no balls/wides we did under him.

Sometimes its not a good thing. I think when you are looking for wickets and aggression no balls/wides will happen and I'm happy with that.