Raja advises 'hopeless' Pakistan against travelling to Australia in future

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Pakistan cricketer Ramiz Raja has advised the Men in Green against travelling to Australia in future, after their dismal performance so far in the ongoing two-match Test against the hosts.

While speaking in a Youtube video, the famous commentator slammed the Pakistan team for their lack of fight in the second day-night Test in Adelaide.

“I am heartbroken and tired of backing this team. If you don’t have the players that can win Test matches, then don’t travel to Australia and reschedule the series,” said Raja. “Ian Chappell was right in saying that Pakistan don’t compete in Australia and it turns out to be a big mismatch.”

“Pakistan has a reputation and they have produced great players in the past who have performed in Australia. However, even the Australia fans today were not that happy with David Warner’s triple century and abused Pakistan for not competing,” he added.

The 57-year-old also criticised the Pakistan batsmen for not applying themselves in the last session of the second day.

“After the fight the batsmen showed in the Brisbane Test, I expected them to show heart and fight in the last forty minutes against the pink ball,” he said. “Apart from Babar Azam, there was no footwork from anyone and they gifted their wickets to Australia bowlers.”

“Shaheen Afridi with the ball and Babar Azam with the bat restored some pride, otherwise this team looked hopeless without them,” he added.

Raja added that fans are also fed up of Pakistan’s poor performance, which is why they are not turning up for the Test matches to support the Men in Green.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...istan-against-travelling-to-australia-in-futu

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Couldnt agree more with Ramiz.

3. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Ramiz is one guy who I like from former cricketers. Just gets on with his commentary role. Doesn't really seek a coaching role or a role with the PCB like others do

4. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Pakistan should avoid travelling to Australia end of. They have a mental block vs this side in all forms. Just a waste of time for all involved. I'm sure the Australians are bored of calling them over too. I would hate to be the guy involved in marketing this series

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Most teams get badly beaten abroad. What a dumb statement.

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Yes if you are Pakistan or Bangladesh level...
    There is a loss and then there is a beating. Pakistan are getting a beating beating each time.

India, England and New Zealand tend to be competitive in most places. They may lose away but won't get slapped silly. Pakistan do.

7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Than add SA too in the list.

It all about being objective towards the goal and prepare for it.

We start preparing for these tour month or 2 b4 the tour itself.

Starting preparing from now and set the ball rolling only than we can win a series down under.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

8. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    The giants, India, have been slapped silly in England before.

New coach, new captain, new players, it will take some time to gel.

9. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Who takes the responsibility of taking the worse ever attack to aus?

Not having good batting and spin bowling coach, who will be liable for it?

Ans
    New Head Coach

10. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Here's the chain of responsible people for ruining PCB.

Imran Khan - - - Ehsan Mani - - - Wasim the fraud - - - Misbah

11. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    In that case responsibility is on you more than Imran, for it was your vote for him or against that made him PM.

Be logical and realistic and take account of those who are responsible for selecting this team and coaching them to be *****/loser.

12. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    This is the worst Pakistani side ive ever seen.

Yasir Shah has been exposed as worse than Kaneria away from home and we either picked old men or kids who are in no way ready for test cricket.

I agree with Rameez. No way should this team tour Australia again for the next 20 years.

13. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Nope. I didn't vote for him neither did majority of Pakistanis. Unfortunately the votes of Pakistanis aren't given the respect they deserve. Our elections were rigged through out.

A recent evidence of this is the recent drama of an extension/reappointment of a single person of an institution. A government official called him the father of Pakistanis in panic while trying to defend the illegimate child (the government) of the same father.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 1
    • List
  14. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Read my post again it will benefit you greatly.

Also remember in democracy it is always the voters who are accountable for their government and their fate.

You can blame Imran for everything if you want and he will just by all Pakistani come next election but you can't blame Imran for misbah selection and action.

Top leader will select his immediate subordinate and after that cycle keeps on rolling.

Misbah's appointment was done by a panel and that panel must be answerable for their selection but responsibility of the horror show will still be on Misbah's head.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  15. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    the fruits of decades of mismanagement when the rest of the world was building their sporting institutions.

cant stand Rameez, but I can understand where he is coming from here.

16. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Misbah was in the three people who ousted the previous coach only to then apply for the coach and resign from the committee. Who else is responsible for such nepotism other than the patron-in-chief?

• List
  17. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    I thought you said the army controls everything?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• List