Rana Signs For Tasmania (Confirmed) and Sussex (Possibly)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ghulam35, Mar 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    Rana Naved-ul-Hasan renews contract with Tasmania

Naved-ul-Hasan, the Pakistan fast bowler, has renewed his contract with Tasmania, whom he represented in the Twenty20 Big Bash during the Australian domestic season. Naved was banned for one year by the PCB due to disciplinary reasons, but was eligible to play domestic cricket and in foreign leagues. He is also negotiating a contract with Sussex to participate in the English domestic season later in the year.

"I have this new contract with Tasmania and I am also negotiating another contract with Sussex to play for them this summer," Naved said. "When I am not banned from playing in foreign leagues obviously I am looking for opportunities to play regularly and this contract by Tasmania is a good development for me.

"I am hopeful of the Sussex contract as it will mean I can continue my cricket in England in the coming summer."

Naved was among seven Pakistan players penalised by the PCB in the aftermath of a disastrous tour of Australia. Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf were banned indefinitely, Shoaib Malik was banned for one year along with

Rana in talks over Sussex return
    By Bruce Talbot

Rana Naved is poised to return to Hove as Sussex line up their fourth overseas signing of the new season.

The 32-year-old, who was part of the Championship-winning team in 2006, is being lined up for the first six weeks of the campaign after compatriot Yasir Arafat was named in Pakistan’s Twenty20 World Cup squad, ruling him out until mid-May.

Coach Mark Robinson said: “I saw quite a lot of Rana during the winter and he seems to have got his old spark back. For us he ticks a lot of boxes and is obviously a strong candidate.”

Naved revealed he was in negotiations with Sussex after extending his contract with Tasmania for the Australian ‘Big Bash’ T20 on Monday.

It comes a week after he received a year-long ban and £16,000 fine by the Pakistan authorities investigating poor performances and infighting within the squad during their tour of Australia earlier this year. The ban effectively paved the way for Arafat’s return as bowling all-rounder.

Sussex have already recruited Dwayne Smith and Tillakaratne Dilshan for their defence of the Twenty20 Cup in June.

2. cricket_analyst

cricket_analyst Youngsta Beauty

Mar 14, 2010
    pcb orders that players will have to take permission from board for playing outside the country! this was announced just after rana mingled with tasmania
    lol!
    this moreover clarifies that he was involved in match fixing!