Rashid Latif top contender for chief selector post

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Aug 6, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Pakistan cricketer Rashid Latif has emerged as the favourite to replace Inzamamul Haq as the new chief selector of Pakistan cricket team.

According to sources, former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar is also in the race for the chief selector post with Latif. However, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is yet to contact both former cricketers in this regard.

Latif is currently contracted with the Pakistan Television (PTV) and recently extended his contract for three more years. However, he is likely to accept the chief selector job, if offered by the board.

On the other hand, the majority of PCB’s cricket committee members are in favour of appointing a local coaching staff. Whereas, Ehsan Mani and Cricket Committee member Wasim Akram are in favour of extending Mickey Arthur’s contract.

The PCB’s cricket committee members will meet again, today, to finalise their recommendations regarding the future direction of Pakistan team. These recommendations will then be forwarded to the PCB chairman Ehsan Mani for approval.

The cricket committee had previously held a lengthy meeting on last Friday to review the performances of the senior men, women, Under-19 and Under-16 national sides over the past three years.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/rashid-latif-top-contender-for-chief-selector-post

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
  3. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Feel funny about this

4. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
  5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    It could be a good decision, because Rashid actually follows our domestic closely and also understands the game well enough.

6. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011

Masala news everywhere

Who do we believe?

7. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    I was a big fan of Rashid for a post but have to admit the past few years he does come out with some looney tunes far too often. think he is honest but perhaps nuts.

please keep Mohsin Khan as far away from anything to do with the PCB as possible.

8. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    If this decision is made expect to see Ahmad Shehzad, Umar Akmal and Kamran Akmal back.

9. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    If it’s true about Rashid it’s great news. Bring something different

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    MHK would bring back Asad Shafiq and Azhar in Odis. I think Shoaib refers to him when he says older players do not have an understanding of the modern game.

11. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    I could hardly listen to this guy without hearing his complaining. You could tell how much understanding he has of the game when you hear him talk. Its embarrassing that he is allowed as an expert on tv.

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It's a shame. Now the domestic system has been changed we get a mediocre level selector. I'm not saying Inzi was the greatest selector but he was a decent one and with the new system he would have done well. Mohammed Wasem, Rashid Latif are good options for selection maybe even Mohammed Akram or someone like that but Mohsin is a step backwards and it'll hurt us.

13. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Inzi was a fresh face in the selection comity. He is someone we never had before. So giving him a chance was not wrong. The only issue was his lack of finding the right talent from domestic. He relied heavily on PSL. Now that we got a new domestic system we need someone who actually spends the time to keep track of our domestic. Wasim Khan said they made a five year plan. Hopefully in those plans they have a vision for group of players they will invest in. So they are ready to take over players who may retire five years from now. Hence why they need a selector who is proactive in his role to find the right talent. Someone like Mohsin Khan who sips tea for a living is not the right one.

14. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    I understand what you are saying but Inzi was a ridiculously good selector. He did select guys like Abid Ali and Salahuddin among others who i don't recall doing much in PSL. Mark my words, people will miss him when he is gone.

15. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He was better than the previous ones but nothing more than that. I would hope we don’t have to miss him if this new management is really serious of taking our cricket forward. Pakistan in general is in good place right now with the leaders they have. I’ll be hopeful of seeing a greater successor. If that happens I would dare to not dream. I would dare to live in reality.