1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Razzaq joins Afridi at the Rose Bowl.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 8, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Razzaq joins Afridi at the Rose Bowl.

by Abdul Habib
    8th March 2010

shahid_afridi_abdul_razzaq_world_cup_final.png

England's reigning T20 champions are in no mood to take any chances this time around, they fully intend to hold onto their title.

Earlier this year the Hampshire Hawks announced the acquisition of Shahid Afridi, who was the man of the match in both the semi final and the final of the 2009 T20 World Cup. Afridi is widely tipped to take on the captain's armband for champions Pakistan during this years T20 World Cup.

But just in case Afridi felt lonely, the Hawks have also signed Abdul Razzaq who'll be joining his Pakistan team mate Shahid Afridi at the Rose Bowl. Hampshire will be hoping that Afridi and Razzaq can provide the big hitting firepower they'll need to retain their title.

The Friends Provident Trophy kicks off in June, after both the IPL and the T20 World Cup. With the arrival of Razzaq to partner Afridi, the Hampshire Hawks have raised the bar to unprecedented heights.

They've made sure that everyone knows that the Hawks will be the team to beat.

2. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    Wow they seem like Sialkot Stallions of the UK!

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The Hawks also have Kabir Ali who is a good domestic all-rounder as well.

4. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    When are they scheduled to play? I'd like to watch this team then.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The English T20 starts in June but I'm not sure if it will be broadcast in Pakistan

6. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    'Excited' Razzaq to use Hampshire stint as warm-up for England, Australia series

London: The Hampshire Hawks, England's current T20 champions, have inked a deal with veteran Pakistani all-rounder Abdul Razzaq as they prepare to defend their title in the Friends Provident Trophy in June.

Razzaq would be joining his Pakistan teammate Shahid Afridi in the English county squad.

30-year old Razzaq had earlier played at English county level for Middlesex, Worcestershire and Surrey, and is excited to be a part of the Hampshire team and play along Afridi.

"I can't wait to put the Hampshire shirt on and do well for them. I'm really excited at being given this opportunity by such a high profile team and hopefully Shahid and myself can help Hampshire to the title," PakPassion.net quoted Razzaq, as saying.

Razzaq, who has a strike rate of just under 150 in T20 cricket, said their stints with Hampshire would offer a good opportunity to warm-up before the hectic series against England and Australia later in the year.

"Shahid and I are good friends and it will be great to have him around this summer with me. I'm sure it will be ideal preparation for us both before we join the Pakistan squad for the series against England and Australia," Razzaq said.

7. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    I supported Asif 'emotionally', 'financially', want my money back: Veena Malik

well razak is anmexcitting player.he need some practice because he was far away in internatonal mather durung naseem ashraf.

8. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Masala source.

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    ahaha

i dont know why he says warm up for england and australia, we definitelty dont need him or afridi in our test lineup. no thanks. probably for one-days, yes.

10. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Well Cricistan were the first ones to break this news!! :D