1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Record of Most 50's without a 100 in ODI's - Let Misbah go!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by isaacking, Jul 14, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I may sound like broken record but someone,somehow inform PCB to let Misbah go!!!

He is the reason that we find Pakistan in every horrible situation so let Misbah go!!!

He can't score & make others throw their wicket so let Misbah go!!!

He must not be alone so put Hafees along but please let Misbah go!!!

2. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Useless pathetic disgusting disgraceful batsman needs to be sent to another country. He's ugly to watch and he can't score runs. Pathetic batsman and an even more pathetic man.

3. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    This is his philosophy : tuk tuk in the beginning and launch at the end.. And if the players get out after the tuk tuk all we have left is less overs, low score and new batsman under pressure.

And while they are doing the tuk tuk the RR goes sky high and can't finish at the end.

Also it messes up the natural game play of the players.

Bad.

4. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    He's better than he's played in the recent past but no idea why he's playing to his potential

5. shabs100

shabs100 Banned

Jul 14, 2013
    Pretty much a catch 22 situation - damed if you try to up the rate and risk getting out; damned if you don't as you risk scoring a low total

6. shabs100

shabs100 Banned

Jul 14, 2013
    Gotta feel for the guy - Afridi really saved him some stick

7. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Here's the thing, not only does he remain below 40 for most of innings, he instills a tuk tuk mindset in youngsters' playing style. If you just got included in the lineup, you'd think this is the way you'll be making a spot in the lineup for as long as time Misbah has.

I think he's affecting the batmen in a way that may not be reversible even after he retires.

I appreciate Misbah's accolades and achievements, but its time to go pal.

8. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    Khuda kay wastay .. he needs to be dumped

9. Top Spinner01

Top Spinner01 Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    Great player,inshallah Lead us to 2015 world cup.
    Can not bet on Lala to score another 50 in upcoming 20-30 innings atleast....to keep things in perspective .

10. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Well he did score an 88 2 matches before this one... :p

11. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I can't wait till Misbah leaves this team once and for all. We might struggle in the short run but in the long-run it will be 100x times for this team. Right now we are stuck in a rut and not being a progressive team. Once Misbah goes, everything will fix itself eventually iA.

#getridofMisbah

12. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    In the process breaks the record of most ODI 50's but no 100 in ODI's.

Misbah now has 26 ODI 50's in 121 matches.

13. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    This is what you call a blind hater, Misbah played a TERRIBLE innings, Afridi played a GEM and Afridi gets bashed?

14. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Umad?

15. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    Congratulations to the great Misbah for making world record 26th 50 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

16. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    You are known as a quality player when you overcome the catch 22 situation time & again.

Secondly the situation is self inflicted so he can't complain about it. We are not asking him to score run a ball but atleast have strike rate of over 60 if not 70. If he plays 10 over(@ start of his inning) he will have score of not more than 20-25, with this ability he can never demand others to play better.

TOP SPINNER: I'll not watch 2015WC if misbah is in the national team. The day it will announce I'll stop following Pakistan cricket forever.

17. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    Misbah has Solid temperament :p
    he is quality - he is class i think he will do well in 2015

18. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes

19. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Surely Misbah has everything that might make him a great batsman but he has 1 thing which will always supersede all the other qualities. He is selfish who is afraid of loosing & hence he try to play safe for himself & let the team suffer due to his solid temperament.

Also please check his stats in Australia & tell me how good is he down under.

P.S: He will be big useless on a bouncy wicket & that is the reason that in 11yrs of international circket no Selector has ever picked him for Australia.

20. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Typical Misbah innings today. With the kind of limited batsman he is, he will always need someone else to play a good innings if his contribution is to look decent.

21. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Another selfish knock.Agar played at a faster rate in his 98.

22. Sarmad83

Sarmad83 Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    stop blaming misbah, he came in with wickets falling right, left, and center; fix your other batsmen

23. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

I think this short-term long-term thing is important. In the short term Misbah does help, in the long term I think he unwittingly hampers our younger players. Today's was a decent innings and held an end up, but he should've upped the ante in the powerplay

s2k in fact Misbah's score was identical to Chris Rogers' gutsy fifty

24. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Dude come on even you are being way too generous here. It was a decent innings? It was TERRIBLE. We've come to have such low expectations and standards for a "decent innings". He scored at 30 SR for the 90% of his innings and finished it off at 42. I don't care HOW badly your team is down, no player who's that "experienced" should be playing that slowly.

I don't care if we win this game. I don't care if we win this series. I don't care WHAT happens - he's destroying our batsmen. There's a reason why this is the worst our batsmen have played in decades and that reason is Misbah. I've been saying it for the past 2 years, but people just couldn't look past his England series win and his mediocre 80 ball 50s.

25. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    You keep on picking & playing these same batsmen match after match. Also it wasn't only Misbah who came in when wickets were falling, there were Akmal & Afridi. Both of them were looking to score while Misbah wanted to stay on wicket. Say if Akmal also played the same kind of inning then our score might have been somewhere around 150 like always. IF YOU ARE INTERNATIONAL BATSMEN THEN YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO SCORE RUNS & STAY ON THE WICKET.

1137moiz : It hurts when a person like you blame Misbah's inning as decent, it was selfish & not in favour of Pakistan team.

26. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
  27. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

Well put it in perspective. Look at West Indies (admittedly incompetent) batsmen here, look at fellow Pakistan batsmen, look at scores in the recent Triangular Tournament and look at the collapse of wickets. Considering it came at 23 for 4 and left at 200 for 8, I think decent is a fair enough word. I won't call it good, it was too slow, it wasn't matchwinning, maybe not matchsaving, but I think decent is OK

28. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    It's time to let go

29. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Yaar I disagree but ok. I just think the standards for decent have become too low.

30. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Windies run rate today: 2.4. Misbah's 2.5

Mind blown :p

31. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Misbah Fan Page Excuse:

Lot of talk about Misbah's innings at half way point but he knew exactly what he was doing and would have had the following points in mind for why he had to be extreme in his recovering work.

-Good conditions for seam bowling
    -Holder bowling a gem of a spell
    -4 early wickets lost
    -Not much batting to follow
    -He had a skillful bowling attack at his disposal

It was a masterful innings in example of setting out your stall, reigning yourself in, battling for runs, controlling an end, assessing a defendable total, acknowledging the conditions & demonstrating unflustered resistance on a wicket where it was doing quite a bit.

He churned and grafted out runs and tough runs on a minefield.

150 was always going to be more than handy on here with the attack Misbah had. Hence, he played a sluggish knock and a justified effective one.

It was a responsibly compiled important innings in the circumstances from the Captain with Afridi providing the much needed impetus.

Later we saw players like Samuels, Simmons, Sammy even struggle to get the ball away on this wicket which showed how hard scoring was. All are capable of playing attacking free flowing innings but struggled and had to do it differently on this surface.

It was a pitch of scratching around and showing a high level of patience.

Afridi succeeded in scoring quickly because he is freakish. He is an exception.

32. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Misbah did the right thing by trying to stop the fall of wickets but what's his excuse for not rotating the strike and going into ultra defensive - tuk mode?

My question is instead of the non stop tuk tuk why don't he take singles or doubles on a regular basis?

Why is it that most if the time when he gets his 50 he gets out right after that?

Frustrating to say the least.

33. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    If Misbah was new to the international cricket then may be we can over look his flaw of not rotating strike but after 11yrs of presence in international cricket this can't be accepted.

Afridi had a good day & we won but in last 3 match Misbah did the same stuff & we lost. There is a reason why Misbah always find himself in this situation & the reason is that he himself creates it for himself. If stop wicket is most important thing for Misbah than surely he can walk out at 3 & set the stall there, allowing the other batsmen the time to play stroke in later half of the game. He doesn't even try to score a single boundary in power play but waits for last over where he can't score anything as well.

I am really sorry that I am so critical of Misbah but I can't keep on taking this insult again & again.

34. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    It was a pretty poor innings, but it was important in the context of the match. My only problem is that once he'd played about 50 balls and scored about 10 runs, the conditions had gotten better. A single here and there, and he could and should have gotten about 75 off his 120 balls. If he had, we'd have gotten 250 with ease

35. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    If he was able to do so than why will we keep on seeking his departure?

36. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Annoying part is that he is able to, he just doesn't.

37. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    He should have changed gears when Afridi got out, but he changed gears after he got his 50, if I remember correctly. That was quite pathetic to see -

Nonetheless a decent inning by him.

38. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Lol, Misbah gets too much hate imo, Pak were 23/4 and needed a stabilizing knock and Misbah stood up. Yes he should have accelerated later which he failed to do but in the context of the game I'd say it was a decent knock. Maybe someone else should get the ODI captaincy but even as a batsman, Misbah is still needed in the team.

39. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012

:fp :fp :fp

40. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    I kind of don't blame the openers, Jamshed was given out falsely and Shehzad's dismissal was a bit unlucky, I think he played it too late. What I actually expected from both was that they will play at a decent run rate (around 4/5) which they didn't but then again Misbah pointed out in the post-match presentation that it was the most difficult pitch he has ever batted on.