Reports: Misbah-ul-Haq to relinquish role as chief selector, PCB hint at replacement

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Aug 23, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    "The PCB now feels that it is best if the burden was reduced on Misbah and allow him to focus on his job as head coach as there are a number of important ICC events coming up in the next three years," a PCB source said.

The source further said that the board was closely monitoring the selection process for the England Tests and were not satisfied with the way Misbah handled the pressure.

"The feeling is that in the third Test where a fifth bowler should have been played and also one pacer rotated. Misbah came under pressure from social media and retained Fawad Alam in the playing eleven."

"When Misbah was initially appointed as head coach and chief selector last year, the first person in Pakistan cricket history to be given this dual role, there was scepticism whether the former captain would be able to do justice to both responsibilities."

The source added that the board's chief Wasim Khan has reportedly received approval from Misbah to relieve him from his selection duties.

"Wasim was in England recently and has also observed from close quarters how Misbah is handling both responsibilities. Wasim also spoke to Misbah in England and having a new chief selector is now an option for the board," the PCB source said.

It was also hinted that the the next chief selector was already in line for the role once the England series concluded.

"A former fast bowler known for his outspoken comments and who was a big star in his playing days is under consideration. After the England series is over things will be finalized with him."

https://www.geosuper.tv/latest/6160...chief-selector-pcb-hint-at-replacement-report

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Make Aamir Sohail Chief Selector - the best mind in our cricket circles.. he did a spectacular job in this position after 2003 World Cup and produced all those stars who served Pakistan in last 15 years or so..

3. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    lol he was still half tolerable as a selector, but as a coach he is just a disgusting stink, should be no where near the nets.

This PCB set up is the most incompetent I have seen in my life, ironically it had to happen under Imran Khan's watch.

4. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Nahi what I have seen of PTI and Imran Khan govt ... I have myself been a part of PTI been a legal adviser of PTI... Imran Khan phele cheezon ko bigharta hai phir unko sahi karta hai.. phele cheezon mein toot phoot hoti hai then cheezein woh jorta hai same with Misbah...

5. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Cheezein jitni bigarni thi bigar gayee hein now there are going to be steps taken to rectify things... now things will improve same with country..

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    No Coach or Chief Selector can deliver unless you give him a full run of atleast 4 yrs... 4 yrs ke period mein 1 World Cup khela jata hai next World Cup tak Coach Misbah rehna chahye atleast if u want any improvement in our cricket.. if u keep chopping and changing things will not improve... nobody has a magic lamp of Aladin..

7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Domestic is sorted TBF. Cricket comes home. Former players coming back in the scene of things. Coach and Selector role is very minimal in Cricket. Pakistan just doesn't have those levels of talent if we be honest. If not Azhar as captain despite his atrocious captaincy than who? Misbah hasn't been half bad as selector and as coach we see some consistency atleast which was missing under Mickey but still I believe Pakistan is lacking in quality in terms of talent. We need 2 more good players to become competitive.

8. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Now this explains all those posts by Shahzad.Firdous, still have to fix all those f*$%ed up lines ups he posted.

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
    Looks like Shoaib Akhtar got his prayers answered.
    Lets see what does he do as a chief selector. Baatayn tou bahot karta hai youtube pe.

10. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Has anyone noticed that Pakistan was doing better before all these coaching?

11. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Team grew during Misbah's Coaching tenure. You grow as a team when you visit Non Asian conditions. Apne ghar mein dead pitches per sri lanka bangladesh zimbabwe aur bangladesh ko bula kar harane se team nahi banti. Team us waqt banti jab mushkil conditions mein ja kar compete karti hai. Success and failure is a part of the game. But, you can achieve real success only when you fail.

12. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Shoaib will be better served nearer the team than in chief selector role.

The team needs a change from the meek, loser mentality.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
    Shoaib Akhtar is a mentally immature self centered narcissist.
    He seriously has a mild psychiatric disorder, and I don’t think he is a suitable choice for any higher managerial role that requires focus, determination and a lot of patience.

However, he does know a thing or two about pace bowling, fitness routine, and how to avoid injuries.

To get the best out of Shoaib, we could’ve hired him as a limited, part time consultant to work with pace bowlers by removing a full time and useless Waqar Younus.

Look as an example here.
    What he says here, makes some sense.
    This is his area. This is his expertise - This is what he knows and this is what he believes in. Jiska kaam ussi ko saajayh.

He could be a good consultant and train the bowlers. This is his natural trait. He is NOT a selector by nature - he is a trainer.
    We don't need Waqar. Shoaib can do a better job instead.

14. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Overall I agree. Shoaib is best used as a bowling coach. Waqar is a failure - and what really gets me about Waqar is that he hasn’t addressed the feeble mentality of the bowlers. They have no idea how to attack and even when to attack, what lengths to bowl at what time and to which batsmen. It’s just beyond me that such a wicket taking bowler like Waqar has had no impact on these things.

Shoaib may be the man for the job.

15. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Scenes when Moin is suddenly back...