RIP Fawad Alam’s career

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Apr 15, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Poster Of The Fortnight [03.07.18 - 16.07.18] Poster of the Fortnight

Oct 8, 2014
    Today in our eyes, he died. He should officially call it his retirement from International cricket. No point in getting humiliated now, should focus on his FC career and private life.
    Maybe if he’s lucky, he’ll get a PSL contract

2. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    if I were him or sadaf, I would get out of the country and play county elsewhere.

if I were a budding player with any skill in pakistan, I would immediately be looking into doing exactly the same.

3. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I think he is just too late for it now. Imran Tahir made the right choice at the right time.

4. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Fawad deserved a chance more than any other new batsman.

Wonder what input captain and coach had on him behind closed doors? As vocal as Mickey has been, I'm pretty sure Fawad could not have been excluded without his input.

5. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Sultan of Swing

Sep 12, 2010
    Disgusting. What more does he have to do to make it.

6. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Emerging Player

Nov 8, 2017
    Disgusting decision INDEED.
    And this at a time when test team NEEDS players with experience and maturity to try and fill the chasm created by the retirement of YK and Misbah.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

7. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    inzi last year publicly said he didnt have the technique for international cricket. but apparently imam does.

8. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Emerging Player

Nov 8, 2017
    Apparent to him only.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

9. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Tracer Bullet

Nov 13, 2015
    I think he can still make it after the England & Ireland series. I don't have much confidence in the likes of Sami or Imam or Babar or Shafiq. Game on hai :D

10. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    afaik, and this is all hearsay and rumour, fawad has riled up a few people who werent used to it. hes not a yes man, and hes not interested in being a yes man. im pretty sure unless pak batting fails miserably in a few series he wont get a chance under this administration.

again, this is hear say but you can make your own mind up.

11. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    That's quite possible. Also possible that Mickey, who is very opinionated, does not rate him much and didn't want him in the side. More than a few people have criticized his technique in spite of his domestic performances. Could be a combination too.

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Inzi under the cloud: Twitter explodes against Fawad’s exclusion from England tour

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced national team’s 16-member squad including five uncapped players for the series against Ireland and England. But there’s a catch – the squad doesn’t have Fawad Alam who is the top domestic performer. The expulsion prompted cricket enthusiasts to turn their guns on Inzimam-ul-Haq for allegedly preferring his nephew over Alam.

Twitter was in virtual meltdown following official statement of the Pakistan Cricket Board unveiling name of the 16 players was released. Cricket fans went berserk over that fact that Inzimam ul Haq, chief selector of Pakistan cricket team, excluded Fawad’s name in favor of his nephew Imam ul Haq to the list.

Left-hander Imam, who made his ODI debut last October was preferred over Fawad Alam who scored 10,742 runs in 145 first-class matches with the average of 55.37.

The performance meter!
    Fawad Alam
    [​IMG]

Imamul Haq
    [​IMG]

Inzimam has, however, not yet issued any statement over Fawad Alam’s expulsion.

Fans took to Twitter to speak against this perceived ‘injustice’ and started tweeting with the hashtag #justice4FawadAlam.

Inzi’s nephew Imam ul Haq is travelling to England in the squad.

His FC average is more than 20 runs less than Fawad Alam’s.

Both left handers.

Explain that one to me please?

— Dennis Sutherland-Peever (@DennisCricket_) April 15, 2018

A very good morning to everyone except Inzi bhai for not selecting Fawad Alam.

— mk. (@YarMoeed) April 16, 2018

If merit and form were the criteria, Fawad Alam would have been in the Pakistan squad. Inzamam nephew Imam-ul-Haq is talented but inexperienced, on England tour you need talent and experience and #FawadAlam has both. pic.twitter.com/cfGnJpg90Q

— Ahmed Raza (@Ahmedrtareen) April 16, 2018

– Imam ul haq FC average: 34.46 (selected)
    Fawad Alam FC average: 55.37 (not selected)

— Green Caps (@GreenCaps9) April 16, 2018

Fawad Alam “It seems other players runs in domestic cricket are of a greater importance & more relevant to selectors” #Cricket

— IPL2018 IPLT20 Cricket (@IPLUpdate_) April 16, 2018

feel disappointed for Fawad and Bilal Asif

— Ian Pont (@Ponty100mph) April 15, 2018

No Fawad Alam? wasn’t he scoring alot in domestics? @iamfawadalam25

— Daniel Alexander (@daniel86cricket) April 15, 2018

Fawad Alam is 32. How old was misbah when retired? How old was younis when he retired? How is Fawad alam past tense? As i said he is the most consistent player over a decade. Hit 3 sixes in PSL and you get selected for the national team. This is what defines silly selection.

— Ahad Hameed (@_AhadHameed) April 15, 2018

chief selector @InziTheLegend exposed again, after some flops like A. shehzad kind of selections in past, now once again prefering his nephew over @iamfawadalam25 . Inam’s FC average is more than 20 runs less than Fawad Alam’s. Disgusting!#Justice4FawadAlam #CricketerFawadAlam

— Muraash ♡ (@Muraash4) April 16, 2018

According to Media reports acclaimed former cricketer Wasim Akram also shared his disbelief over not pick Alam for the team he said;

“Players play domestic circuit in view of getting an opportunity to play international cricket. I cant understand why Fawad is not getting an opportunity, he is still out from the squad despite scoring runs in domestic on an average of 50 in the last three-four years. It’s beyond me.”

On a lighter note — Inzimam has ignited the attention of social media trolls

انگلینڈ کی ٹیسٹ سیریز کے لئے ٹیم کا اعلان کردیا گیا۔۔۔ چیف سلیکٹر انضمام الحق کے بھانجے امام الحق بھی چُن لئےگئے۔۔ فواد عالم ڈراپ
    Fawad Alam pic.twitter.com/FO1BU2GX5z

— Ikram Ul Haq Azzam (@Ikram_Azzam) April 16, 2018

https://arynews.tv/en/inzi-criticised-fawad-alam-exclusion-england/

13. Patriot

Oct 8, 2014
    Fawad finally speaks out!!

14. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed harsh on Fawad, but people if you take a step back then you will realize its Mickey's decision.

Mickey has a particular age criteria on his mind, which I believe is under 30. Because if you look at the two other contenders for middle order (Sallahuddin and Saad Ali), both are much younger than Fawad.

Also, having Sami and Imam in the side is baffling, because this is the only format where Selfi merits ahead of these two.

That said, in Test after Misbah and Younis you need experience, and on that note, Fawad certainly merits selection.

15. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I dont think anyone is debating saad Ali and Salhuddin's selection. They both deserved it. Question is why do we need 4 openers in the team and that one extra opener could be replaced with additional middle order batsman in the form of Fawad but I think some concessions that Mickey got in selections were traded with Imam's selection as an opener.

16. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    And thats why I said that Selfie warrants selection ahead of Sami and Imam.

But it again boils down to the point why Fawad was excluded and I cant help thinking about Mickey's obsession with age and under 30 players.

17. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Got to feel for the guy. Been hearing his name since the early days of PP.

This has been discussed to death. There is nothing more that can be added.

18. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    Hopefully Imam Ul Haq has his career ended in England. His FC statistics are pathetic even though he plays his ODI like a test player. Was all for him before because better than useless Sami Aslam but not in place of Fawad Alam. He should leave Pakistan and play county cricket in England. Inzi and Arthur are both a disgrace with their own bias for certain players who call them "Daddy"

19. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    Am I the only one who thinks Fawad Alam is not Intl. standard? No need to go far, just look at his ODI dismissals against Bangla spinners where he couldn't clear full tosses over the infield.

20. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I think the upcoming England tour might create more empty spots in the test lineup than there are now. Still hopeful.

21. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I kinda agree..the guy has no power..and looks ugly when trying to hit out.

Then again, I suppose Test cricket would suit him,

22. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    Exactly.

He will struggle against a spinner who is accurate as he gets cramped.

23. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Every batsman struggles to score against spinners who are accurate. Anyways this post was for Fawad in test matches where you only hit based on the merit of the ball so all the discussion about him getting cramped is irrelevant and also does not have any concrete basis to support. Could be one person opinion vs the other.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    I know the quality of Anderson and Broad.

He wouldn’t last long.

25. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Tracer Bullet

Nov 13, 2015
    @Energy he is International standard in Test cricket. Scoring a hundred on debut, that too on a green track, is not a joke. You just cant rule him out in Test cricket.

26. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Thats an opinion and could be given about any player in the team.

27. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    He's such a level headed guy you will never see him being bitter sitting on TV throwing tantrums blaming others for his own shortcomings like Akmals

28. Patriot

Oct 8, 2014
    so far I've only seen him and Misbah act maturely both off and on the field

29. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    Education helps I guess

30. Patriot

Oct 8, 2014
    not necessarily, its how they are brought up and how they upgrade themselves growing up

31. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    That's why I said "helps"

32. maddgenius

maddgenius Smooth Operator

Oct 6, 2014
    Don't think his career is over. Can't be ignored for too long if his non selection keeps getting the same media coverage.

33. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    May be not but it is unfair not to give him a go at it. He has earned it after having performed head and shoulders above the rest in domestics. Many players in the past have proved naysayers wrong.

34. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    This. Or even a fast bowler who is at the stumps all the time.

35. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    He will get his chance in the UAE season this year which sounds sensible. His technique is better suited to slow wickets.

36. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    As a skilled non-player, I dont take this country's offers seriously.