Rizwan Overhyped and Overrated

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Jan 30, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    in before we get to read his supporters providing excuse of his only 2nd game back

This is the 3rd time he’s given a shot for International team.

He’s nothing but a flat track bully. Even worse than Sarfraz

2. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I see no improvement at all.

Still struggle to rotate strike.
    Still struggle to play spin.
    Still get agitated if you block his runs.
    Still doesnt read the bowler.

And we wanted him over Sarfraz, huh.

Like it or not, Sarfu is better then him atm. No stats are needs, just watch them play 30 balls.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    today was a terrible innings. He really struggles against spin. What are the coaches doing ? that should be their job to work on batters' weaknesses

4. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    I've never understood the obsession with Rizwan in this forum. We all already know what he is and who he is. This should be his last run with the international team. I get not judging someone off their first comeback performance but he shows no promise and nothing that would show that he can significantly improve. Idk I'm not about it.

5. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    Reminded me of Fawad Alam's knocks. This guy can't hit the ball, he's like a boy playing among men.

6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    He is not a lower order batsman, he'd be at his best at 3-4 because he likes to nudge the ball for singles.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I mean my thread was based on assumptionss. This just proves one thing really, making runs against Lions or NZ A in UAE should not count for anything, if he’s makes it in England or NZ fair enough but even Eng senior and NZ fast bowlers look mediocre in SC and UAE especially, nor do they have decent spinners just part time Danny Briggs was bowling. Rizwan has fooled us all, India A team is also giving Lions a Phainta even WI A team smashed them. NZ A also got handed a phainta by India A in List A.

8. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    Hard to see him being an improvement over Sarfaraz though.

9. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    its not the coaches job to fix him, its his job to fix him. can we stop bringing the coaching excuses he's not 19

10. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    He had plenty of time to do that today with Pakistan struggling and couldn't manage.

11. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    omg the U turns on this board are legendary.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Are Sarfaraz & Rizwan the only wicketkeeping batsmen available in Pakistan? Leave Rizwan out but Sarfaraz also does not deserve to be in the team.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    What do we expect the keeper to do?
    We were a good 100 runs short in the game.

14. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    It is his third attempt but its not like hes had a prolonged run in the side is it?

15. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Both are rubbish, need another option. In an ideal world, Umar Akmal would have taken up the role for good.

16. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    three games is definitely enough to judge Rizwan, no doubt, should never ever play again. in fact, you lot should judge all players on three innings max unless that player is called selfie, technique shafiq or imam, in which case a good 50 or 60 innings is what you should give them, and even then scream and cry if they are dropped. that sounds like an excellent policy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Mohammad Rizwan is 26 years old and has played 26 ODIs with an average of 29, SR of 90, 3 50s and a high score of 75*. Not horrible but generally looks horrible out there any time I have watched him.

His 50s have come against Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Zimbabwe.

18. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    Sounds more like Imam ul Haq

19. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Unfortunately for you, Imam averages 60 at 80+ SR after 21 ODIs.

20. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Sarfraz deserves to be in the team as he's the best we have and far better than rizwan who was horrible today.If someone plays 5 overs and score just 10 runs in a onedayers, than that guy should never be considered for selection again.

21. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Here you have a guy averaging 50 in List A cricket. Sarfraz on the other hand averages 32. Clearly there must be some differences between them two.

If we don't trust our domestic products for at least 5 full games in their actual batting positions, then what's the point of domestic cricket?

22. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    I think if Pakistan wants a wicket keeper batting at 6 with the ability of hitting big, you won't find anyone better than Umar Akmal. It's difficult to digest this fact but he's the best option right now.

23. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Only problem is he's not a wicketkeeper!

The Akmals keeping legacy is horrible. Lets not revisit that please

24. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    But he is not full-time keeper.

Whats the point of making quick fire 50 @ 120 and then drop 2/3 catches or miss easy stumping chance?

25. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    The Question is Pakistan wants a wicketkeeper batsman or batsman wicket keeper? Rizwan is a top order batsman ala Sanga. If you play him at 6 and think that he will hit some big sixes then you are fooling yourself big time. As KOD said he averages 50 in domestic for nothing. He can bat this is sure but our dumb management have no idea how to maximize a player’s true potential.

26. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    This argument isnt valid this time. He came in 24th over and was struggling even to rotate. Has enough time to rotate ans then go big in last 5 or 10 overs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Can’t judge a player’s ability on 1 innings right?

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Van der dussen scored 3 half centuries in 4 innings and this was his first international series.

29. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    And where was he playing?

30. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Doesnt matter. You have to avail your chances. Today he played at 5th.

Rizwan position is irrelevant. He had enough overs and no one asked him to go bang bang. He was unable to even rotate.

31. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    by this we should bring back Kamran Akmal, his stats in domestic are better than Rizwan

32. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    not 1 innings. all of his past innings, he's failed to rotate strike on regular basis, he seems to freeze when spinners are bowling. only asian batsman ive seen struggle against spin big times.

even the likes of Akmals are destroying everyone in domestic back in Pakistan that doesnt mean they should be welcomed back in.

This was Rizwan's 3rd chance of making International comeback and he still got those same faults. Its like he never learned from his mistakes. when you are dropped from the international squad, you are to correct your mistakes and comeback better. not the case here unfortunately

33. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    And Sarfaraz is better than him right? Can you please post the stats of Sarfaraz since he took over Captaincy?

Akmals had their chances for years. Did Rizwan got consistent chances like Akmals or Sarfaraz? He is still young and should be given at least 20-30 matches consecutively and then we can judge his performances. I can bet it would be much better than Sarfaraz who had played 100 matches for Pakistan now.

34. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Sarfaraz is averaging 27.75 with 444 runs in 35 matches with highest score of 64. Even a struggling Rizwan will beat this I am damn sure.

35. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
    I'll back this that comebacks are hard and you can't judge a comeback based on one innings which is pretty cruel however let me add on another post.

I think del has a serious point here.. Look he came in mid overs. There is no lower order hitter excuse here since the time he came didn't require hits but calm consolidation, something he is famous for. On the end he has his captain who is also a batsman.
    Often a few years ago, we would witness this stage where we would have misbah at one end and Umer at the other end and requiring him to play a long innings and he would slog for a catch. At that time the excuse was that he is a top order batsman being wasted but he would have over 30 overs and prove himself only a mindless slogger.

You see where I am going with this. The excuse that batting position is wrong becomes irrelevant in a match when you walk out and you have 25 overs remaining.. This is the perfect time to prove your consolidation skills.

Now highlighting Del's post. Those 30 balls revealed not a fidgeting nervous kid on a comeback fighting for the spot against a player that will not be removed but a player that had the same flaws.. The flaws del has pointed were apparent and though he has scores even with those flaws but it doesn't change the fact that the slogan that he has improved is not true. He is still the same. Whether he was always better than sarfraz or sarfraz has regressed so much that rizwan is better is another argument...

I would add here that as a wicketkeeper sarfraz is pretty mediocre...

Plus let me highlight your point.
    Exactly. We have absolutely no option Cs nor DS when other teams can go all the way to F. In leg spinners we either have option A or B. Openers we barely have A. Swing bowlers. We don't have A. In off spinners. we dont have A. In wicket keeper batsmen we don't have C. In captain we don't have B.

The management has one job. To make sure we have the alternatives lined up. That's what that 30 short list is for and here they have failed to do one job. The entire PCB has only this job and they have failed to do it. Speaks volumes of our own ineptness....

In the end I would add that there has always been a dearth of wicketkeeper batsmen in Pakistan and the only proper wicketkeeper batsman we had was kamran akmal during his golden period.

Both sarfraz and rizwan are mediocre players and will not set the world on fire. Their flaws are glaring.. We desperately need to groom a third option and not these accumulators or score board tickers like these two have been called but proper batsmen...

Last two things...

1. Umer akmal is no option. Maybe in t20 where wicket keeping is cool but we have groomed no captain and that is the only format in which we are decent. Don't make this mistake of akmal keeping for balance. Remember his back injury announcements..

2. That a comeback player should be given time and games to prove himself.. We have ruined players like this before. Give him a chance to showcase that he can fight it out even if he can't give him proper chance... Every debutant and comeback deserves a proper chance especially for new young players.

36. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    I'm not saying discard Rizwan like we have discarded Akmals. I want Rizwan in the team but he needs to improve. But I would also play Sarfraz atm instead of him because Sarfraz is a better keeper batsman than Rizwan is right now

and if you want me to compare Sarfraz stats since he became captain then I will only compare them with Rizwan OD stats, not FC stats

37. Red Devil

Red Devil Whispering Death

Dec 15, 2013
    What was disappointing to see is that he still hasn't improved his game against spin. Still as clueless as ever.

38. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    @ASLI-PATHAN

This is Sarfraz innings since becoming captain

sarf.png

This is Rizwan all OD innings

riz.png

Its pretty obvious, Rizwan is a hero on Asian tracks and against minnows

39. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    dil to ker raha tha aaik raak ke du usko

[​IMG]

40. saad_abbasi

saad_abbasi Youngsta Beauty

Jan 31, 2019
    ITS TIME TO GET BACK KAMRAN AKMAL IN PAKISTANI TEAM
    IT IS UNFAIR WHY HE CANNOT BE SELECTED AFTERALL HE IS A TOP PERFORMER IN PSL PAKISTAN NEED AGGRESEIVE BATSMEN AT THE END WHO CAN FINISH THE GAME WITH THEIR BIG HITTING ABILITY

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • Pessimistic Pessimistic x 1
    • List