Saad Nasim seems to be another parchi from Lahore

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by iho, Apr 15, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    OK I'm going to chip in here.

Fawad Alam, as everybody should know by now, is NOT late order player. He was brutally exposed by Bangladesh. And you know what? Thats absolutely fine.

Why is it fine?

Because Fawad never has been a #7, and nobody wanted him selected as a #7. Fawads strengths always has been strike rotation, its what hes best at. He's also shown in the past, that when he plays higher up the order and get settled, he can hit a couple boundaries near the end of an innings.

However he never has been, at any level in his career (That i'm aware of) whether it be A team, domestic or whatever, been a guy who comes in and whacks a 20 ball 40. Dont know how anybody expected any good results from playing him so low down.

Point is, Mamoon could be 100% correct when he says Fawad has been found out. As for me however, until he fails playing in the position he is best suited for, and has always done well in e.g. #3-#5, I will reserve my judgement on him. Its not fair to write off someone who is always an accumulator based off his performances as a late order hitter.

As well as that, like it or not, but at all levels even on the A tour recently, he's shown he can perform well when he plays up the order. Call SL A crap that changes nothing, he's outperformed most people on that tour.

Give him a chance playing at a position he's suited for, and if he fails then, by all means discard him. I'd stick with him until he see him play higher up.

2. ThaRealSaad

ThaRealSaad Youngsta Beauty

Feb 2, 2015
    I love how everyone on this site is in favor of batsmen who average very low at domestic level but completely hate players with good domestic averages saying that domestic league is not good enough.

3. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Exactly.

4. ThaRealSaad

ThaRealSaad Youngsta Beauty

Feb 2, 2015
    Finally! Completely agree with your thesis.

5. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    What about getting bamboozled in the second ODI by a spinner who only had 4 international wickets.

6. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    He needs some time. Don't want any youngster to just rockn'roll. It takes time. Pakistan just paraded a bunch of youngsters right now. It should have been done step by step. Hate this transaction of old fashioned.

7. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Bangladesh series is not an ideal benchmark for judging players. They are in great form and they were the actual one to play the Semi of WC, which they were robbed by BCCICC. Anyway, in those slow wickets and with almost a new team of no planning what so ever, you are meant to suck at your best. That's what Pakistan did. When I saw the practice match scorecard, I was sure something was wrong. You can see that the Odi team was completely imbalance and with the momentum that Bangladesh have for last 3 months, they are nowhere near to stop. For Pakistan, you must have some effective plan. Bowlers have been neutralized and batsmen got nothing to show. They are throwing wickets away and even the fielding hasn't changed at all. We are the same like before, just inexperienced-but sucking in all departments.

8. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    That's the logic/defense I always used, but I don't think a player can be so limited that he can't hit out at all. It's a crappy situation but the way he played and got out was absolutely laughable.

But I would want to give him a series at 4 and see how it goes. Problem is that Hafeez has occupied at 3 and I don't think Haris will bat lower than 4.

Ideally, we'd have this:
    Azhar, Sami, Haris, Fawad, Rizwan, Sarfraz, Hafeez

But we'll probably continue getting this:
    Azhar, Sami, Hafeez, Haris, Fawad, Rizwan, Sarfraz

I think Fawad at 5 is okay too, but Rizwan at 6 and Sarfraz at 7 is an absolute waste. Plus, who knows how things will change if/when Shehzad, Umar, and Maqsood come back.

9. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I like your ideal squad and batting order. The only change I will make is to bring in experience by replacing Rizwan with Umar, Sohaib or Shoaib Malik. Rizwan will have plenty of time to come back if he continues to perform in the domestic level and if any of the current guys continue to flop. At the moment middle order needs experience till the team settles down.

10. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Umar would be my choice. If Hafeez isn't going to play the next WC then let's phase him out too please.