1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sachin Tendulkar retires from ODIs

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ASLI-PATHAN, Dec 23, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/598302.html

Not a good news for the Indian Test side as this means he will continue to play Test Cricket and is not thinking of retiring for good.

2. Venerable

Venerable Youngsta Beauty

Jun 22, 2012
    Little master Sachin Tendulker declared retirement from Limited overs game. He'd not take part in Pak-India series, he played his last match against Pakistan in March 18, 2012.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    lol, didn't want to face Ajmal again?

Even on topic, I cannot understand the retirement before playing Pakistan.

4. Saurav

Saurav Talented

Sep 29, 2012
    fantastic career,thanx for the memories Sachin

5. Saurav

Saurav Talented

Sep 29, 2012
    whats so funny about it?

6. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    One of the best LOI batsman I've seen. Not as clearly the best as in tests, but still a great career

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    That he announced retirement just at the eve of a series between the arch rivals.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    His first ODI was against Pakistan and his last also.

9. Saurav

Saurav Talented

Sep 29, 2012
    n that means?

10. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    That means that deep inside he acknowledged the fact that he is not good enough to represent India at the International level but still chose to play for a stupid record after the highs of 2011 WC. He should have retired then and there at Mumbai and would have earned a lot more respect than taking a retirement when he is actually being dropped by the selectors for Pakistan series.

11. Venerable

Jun 22, 2012
    He really don't want to face Ajmal. Anyhow great career. We'll see him in tests. Lol

12. Saurav

Saurav Talented

Sep 29, 2012
    lol at being dropped:lol:

if he was so much after the record,he'd hv retired as soon as he got it

clearly he wants to extend his Test career

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    How many ODIs had he played after making that record? Any guess?

14. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    lol got scared of Pakistan or ajmal?

15. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Let me help you Saurav, he had played just one more ODI after making that 100th 100 against Bangladesh so it means that he was playing ODIs just for the sake of that useless record.

16. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    very sad day for the game, not seeing SRT in the blue of India anymore will really be a shock to the system.

he deserved one last hurrah against Pakistan.

17. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  18. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    I think its a good decision for the betterment of Indian Cricket, they are still a quality Odi team and wont miss him in odis compare to tests.

Imo, finest odi player ever. Wish him all the best for his future.

19. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Disagree, it would have been easier in tests alone

20. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    A legend departs:

"He isn't bigger than the game - He isn't bigger than Indian Cricket"

21. MuhammadAliKhan

MuhammadAliKhan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 26, 2011
    wow! so now who will b blamed for India loosing if any of their batsmen scores a 100? lol!

22. MuhammadAliKhan

MuhammadAliKhan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 26, 2011
    very sad for the game of cricket, surely a true legend for India!
    wow! so now what for Pakistan? no Tendu, is this the beginning for Pakistan? victories against India! :)
    Being a Pakistani shud i b happy wid dis news?
    now pls dont say that if Virat Kohli doesnt score a 100 India will win and if Virat Kohli scores a 100 India looses!
    just said this as Virat Kohli has been tipped to atleast near Tendu's records if not break dm!

23. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    ^
    In the real form of the game, Umar Akmal is much better than Kohli

24. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Statistically the greatest ODI batsman.

25. Venerable

Jun 22, 2012
    Disagreed. Kohli is much better ODI player than Akmal. Definitely Akmal got more talent than Kohli but it's performance that matters not that namely talent.
    Honestly our management have ruined his(Akmal)' career as well as talent.
    He's the type of player who's much effective at number 4 but they are ruining him. Anyhow Kohli posses a fantastic record against Pakistan.

26. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I meant in tests

27. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Thanks for the memories. This is a sad day for cricket. The greatest EVER ODI batsman retires.

What a wonderful sight it was to watch him open the innings against some of the best bowlers in the world. I hope the fans and media persuade the Indian selectors to allow him to play against Pak for a farewell series/game. He deserves it after such a long career.

A true genius.

28. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    You do realize Tendulkar's quit and he's not been dropped? The Indian selectors don't need to be convinced.

29. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Staggering player, cricket was his life. His record won't ever be matched. I'd have loved to have seen him play the Ind v Pak series.

He's been an amazing player, should have retired from ODIs after the WC 2011, to go out on a high in his hometown Mumbai. Still, take nothing away from a glittering ODI career.

30. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Time had come for him to retire. No farewell match unfortunately, i am sure fans would have loved it. But thats how things are in life. Tendulkar has achieved a lot of love, respect and money and doesn't have to care one but about what some nobodies have to say about him. Thanks Sach ! Good luck with your family man, take a big break. Your kids need you now.

31. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
    ODI chapter closed

32. Saurav

Saurav Talented

Sep 29, 2012
    50 ODI tons would hv been a record too,why do u think he didnt play for it

33. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The fact that Sachin has retired from cricket is a sad day, love him or loathe him the man was a run machine and gave Indian cricket something to be proud of during a low period when they weren't winning many matches.

Personally I think he should have retired a couple of years ago but he wanted to set some unbeatable records and he (probably) has.

But since he was still playing, I think he should have played the Pakistan series as his farewell. He started his career against a Pakistani spin legend (Qadir) and it would have been nice to see him end his career against another Pakistani spin legend (Ajmal).

34. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
  35. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I know, I was referring to limited overs cricket in the context of the thread but I shouldnt have said cricket

36. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Thanks for the swift action.

People aren't false when say ideally Tendulkar should have called it a day after winning the world cut but then there is this self belief thing with some great players which doesn't let them ever think that they have done enough. Inzamam has said the same on record during an interview on Aaj Tak and is just spot on. Many of the great milestones in various sports that we know of have been created because of this self belief and hunger of great players. They keep pushing themselves. People were asking for retirement even 4 years ago, to be honest with Sachin, when could you NOT say that he had achieved enough? He's been leader of the pack since ages.

Tendulkar is selfish, in a different way. His love for the game is like that of a kid for toys. That kid has never grown out of his cricketing obsession. I sincerely wish he never even talks about cricket when he's done with the game from tests as well. This man deserves to be with his family now and doesn't need to do anything more for Indian cricket. We milked this cow the best we could. Now time to put all the hopes on another lucky or unlucky boy's shoulders and see if he can be as milky as Sachin.

37. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    I don't understand why some loathe Tendulkar. He's a terrific batsman and he's conducted himself in a very positive manner throughout his 20+ year career.

38. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Also if he really wanted to go for records, surely he would have gone for 50 ODI tons?

39. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    You younger generation won't understand the fierce rivalry of India & Pakistan.

40. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Hate to disagree with you but Tendulkar's greatness isn't only because of his performances against us.