1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sachin Tendulkar retires from ODIs

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ASLI-PATHAN, Dec 23, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Excuse me? Fierce rivalry doesn't demand you to mock great cricketers on their retirement. Even Pakistani cricketers would have probably given Tendulkar a lap of honour. That's how rivalries work mate. People give their 200% on the field but show their gratitude on such special occasions. Ironic that you are lamenting the younger generations when you yourself have failed to show any maturity on this thread.

2. Wicket Hit

Wicket Hit Youngsta Beauty

Jun 15, 2012
    Tendulkar's last ODI was against Pakistan in fact. He did finish his ODI career by getting dismissed to Ajmal after a useful half century and in the previous match against Pakistan he was the Man of Match in a World Cup Semi Final.

3. Wicket Hit

Jun 15, 2012
    You couldn't be more wrong. It's the younger generation which trolls and makes things unpalatable. The older ones understand and appreciate the rivalry and respect great cricketers from either side of the border.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Bro can you quote me where had I mocked Sachin? Or considering other batsmen superior is mocking in your books?

5. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    So do you know my views about all the Cricketers from India? If yes then I am surprised because it is the first time I am seeing you on Cricistan.

6. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Let us shake hands and agree to disagree my brother. My only issue was with the smileys in the OP which just seemed weird on a great player's retirement thread. I am not judging you, just pointing out certain flaws in comments. That's all. Comparisons are best reserved for another thread. Its not that him being the greatest cricketer ever is being tattooed on everyone's forehead, lol so you need not be worried about that.

For the time being, let us simply pay our tributes (or not) to the ending of a great player's great odi career. If it is too hard, i advise people to simply ignore the thread.

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Let me make myself clear here just for the record. The smilies in the OP were not because Sachin retired from ODIs it was because the timing of the retirement just at the eve of an India Pakistan series. Maybe I chose the wrong smilies which are rightly removed now. I had no intention of mocking Sachin on his retirement and why would I mock I player on his way out.

Regarding considering him the greatest batsman ever or the greatest ODI batsman ever I reserve every right to oppose this view. I even consider Dravid a superior Test batsman to Sachin and these are my personal views and are far from mocking a player.

I had not attacked Sachin personally or anything like that in this thread.

8. Wicket Hit

Jun 15, 2012
    No, I don't. And I am sorry if I offended you with my comment. My comment was a generic one and nothing aimed specifically at you even though I did quote your post to make my point.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The older ones too were younger ones at one time and a lot of us weren't much nicer than some of the today's younger ones.

Sachin is India's Afridi. Both have been around for a very long time and both have achieved beyond what was expected of them but they still have fierce critics within their own national fan bases. This doesn't mean that I'm in any way comparing Afridi's legacy to Sachin's because there is no comparison there.

I'm not referring to their achievements so much as the reactions that they both provoke.

Both players are considered by many of their own fans to put their own individual interests and milestones ahead of a team victory. Both players are often maligned in their own countries which is why both players don't always get respect from their fiercest rivals.

Indian fans see Afridi as a caricature rather than a character and Pakistani fans see Sachin as a run aggregator rather than a great batsman.

Whereas players like Dravid, Wasim, Imran, Sunny, Anwar, Laxman are almost unanimously well respected on both sides of the border.

10. Wicket Hit

Jun 15, 2012
    Achievements and reactions have to be proportionate at some level, right?

Sachin is over hyped amongst his fans, but atleast he has a very solid record to back that overhyping. If Sachin fans rate him at 100 then his achievements are around the 90 level, but with Afridi his fans rate him at 100 and his achievements are around the 30 level. Simply, speaking there is no comparison. If Irfan Pathan was hyped at the level of Afridi you would have a better analogy, but after his first 3-4 years he never was.

11. Fallen King

Fallen King Banned

Aug 9, 2010
    We will miss him. He is arguably one of the best batsman in the history of Cricket, and truly, he comes close to Don Bradman. Despite of match winner batsmen Cricket has produced, no one can come close to him in term of his performance for Cricket. His participation for the rivalry series has greatly boosted to produce as per according to the hype.

12. Venerable

Venerable Youngsta Beauty

Jun 22, 2012
    We should look forward now. Tendulker was a great player. I'm a Pakistani but My most favourite players except Pakistan are from India, Rahul Dravid, Zaheer Khan and Gautam Ghambir.
    I know we both countries have no good relations but if one loves cricket he'd loves Sachin, his records are second to none.

13. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011

Afridi has underachieved but still he is a match winner and tbh more impact player than Tendulkar.

Of Shahid Afridi it can safely be said that cricket never has and never will see another like him. To say he is an allrounder is to say Albert Einstein was a scientist; it tells a criminally bare story.