1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sarfaraz Ahmad had refused to play 3rd T20I against England

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Second-choice wicketkeeper Sarfaraz Ahmed had reportedly refused to play the third and final T20I against England in Manchester last week and only agreed after being talked into it by head coach Misbah-ul-Haq, batting coach Younis Khan and captain Babar Azam, Geo Super has learnt.

In a stunning revelation, sources privy to the matter have said that the usually reserved Sarfaraz finally ran out of patience when the management decided to play him in the final match of the T20 series after keeping him on the bench for the entire tour.

At this, Sarfaraz had purportedly expressed “deep” reservations and refused to play the match, only to be persuaded to reconsider upon the think tank’s guarantees.

Misbah, when approached by a Geo Super representative at his press conference in Lahore on Monday, contested the development, saying that Sarfaraz had not refused to play but only “expressed his reservations”, which he said was something “I would also have done if I were in his position.”

The head coach further said that "any player can have concerns when given the final match of a tour and that’s what Sarfaraz also had.”

“He had pressure that if things don’t go his way then he could be in trouble,” Misbah said.

However, the former Pakistan captain, who now plays second fiddle to Mohammad Rizwan, was assured that “even if your performance is not the same, you will still remain a part of the team.”

It is pertinent to mention that in the same press conference Misbah had unequivocally declared Rizwan as the number one and Sarfaraz the understudy.

https://www.geosuper.tv/amp/6342-sarfaraz-ahmed-had-refused-to-play-3rd-t20i-against-england-report

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    dont understand why did Misbah even play him in 3rd t20i ? was rizwan injured ?

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    if he can improve as a batsman then I will pick him in the side in place of Ifitkhar, Fawad Alam, Asad Shafiq

5. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Why? Did he consider this his birth right to be included in the playing XI?

He had his opportunities and he failed. Should step aside now.

6. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Mind boggling stuff

7. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Sooner he realize that he is not first choice better it is. Because for this nonsense he should be kicked out of the team but it is Pak team so..... drama continues

8. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    What is it about Sarfraz that gets people. I’ll never understand the sensationalism for every thing he does?

He’s not even a serious part of the team - yet people need to needlessly mention him all the time.

Whether it’s carrying drinks out. He does something that shows he’s a team player, people are on his case “he should have refused”, “this is not becoming of an ex captain”

He then yawns when he’s not even playing - oh shock horror! “Even though he’s not playing, that is totally out of order”. But then when there are shots of Australian batsmen who are actually padded up to bat next yawning....no word.

Now this thing about him refusing to play - no one even knows exactly what happened. There are reports he was told within half an hour of the match starting. Who knows, who actually cares.

He’s out of the team, you wanted him out, he’s out. Justifiably Rizwan has grabbed his spot. Sarfraz is irrelevant at the moment. Why is sarfraz even in the news?

If nothing happened people would have been in uproar “I can’t believe he actually played when he knows Rizwan is better”!

Moreover, if there is anything to be in uproar about, then ask the team management why they played him in the first place when Rizwan has not put a foot wrong.

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  10. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    misbah himself confirmed it

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    misbah himself confirmed it

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    its even on cricinfo

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    So when you are asked to play then you act like a soldier and play (unless you are sick) - what the heck this “expressing reservations” mean?
    PCB waalay teray baap k nokar laggay huvay hain? You are the one who has the signed the job contract.

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    so he didnt refuse to play was just pissed like any normal player would but media as usual gona make money off of it

15. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    and why is he actually pissed ?

16. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    for not getting any games obviously

i would have picked him as a batsman ahead of asad shafiq, iftikhar ahmed and fawad alam

17. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011

No man. Thanks for the service to Pak cricket but he is done.

18. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    no. if iftikhar fawad etc are not doing well then they should be replaced by another batsman not another passenger.

besides, you only play 11, even if you are dropped unfairly who the hell are you to have reservations to play ? is this your birth right to play every game ?

bigger players and legends have been dropped.. i remember steve waugh was sacked as captain and player when his team failed to reach VB series despite winning a worlcup and winning every tournament and series for fun.

sarfaraz was playing as a passenger for over a year and tbh he didnt even deserve to be picked for tour let alone played in a game.

19. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Misbah is such a tool honestly.

You can't have fast bowlers questioning their captain the way Haris did to Babar.

You can't have players 'expressing reservation' the way Sarfraz has to Misbah.

Not seen scenes like this for a while tbh.

Regardless of whether the captain or coach are right, you accept their decision and let them be questioned by the PCB when their reviews are due.

Have a feeling Misbah is going to create a big mess for the next coach, disgruntled players, disrespectful players, dummy captains (both Azhar and Babar) - what next?