Sarfraz is not a No. 5 batsman in odis and Asif Ali should be nowhere near this team at present

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Sep 19, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    And if we pick Hafeez in Asif's place, he too, can bowl 6-8 overs, if not his full quota.
    But not against SA, please God, don't let our selectors select Hafeez against SA and Steyn.

Sent from knowhere

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And for how long you can continue with this formula of Hafeez and Malik? Few more months till WC and then what will you do?

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A typical fanboy comment, who ignores history of failures on ONE innings. I have also explained in details how selfish that inning was. Do you want me repeat my analysis?

4. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Hafeez to waise hi khel raha hai Asif ki place mein Fahim Nawaz ki place mein khelega!! Fahim Asif ka kaam karega aur Hafeez middle order mein jo batting karne ka kaam hai woh karega!!

5. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Harris Sohail can atleast take one of that place after World Cup. Atleast till World Cup, we need to stick with these two experienced players. After World Cup, we can have Harris Sohail and one another spin allrounder batsman in the middle order!!

6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Omg, Hafeez/Pizza played like how I would dream of playing, no highlights is the biggest tragedy till date in human history.

Hafeez you’re amazing, People hate you because you are not Shoda but myself and many others including Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulakar And Ricky Ponting acknowledge how amazing you really are.

Pakistan Fans are one lost bunch especially this dude, What has he done to you mate?
    He’s playing for Pakistan let him play please otherwise we will get slaughtered by India which I frankly cannot bear, main reason why I liked the draw was because Atleast we didn’t loose, and drawing against Australia is a amazing thing compared to what happened in that cup a few weeks ago.

I’ll do my analysis of Hafeez, has Pull, Cut and Drive, you can’t go wrong with that if you have them shots.

Also I’m not a fan boy, I used to not like Hafeez because at one point in time until I actually watched him bat in NZ against Boult and Co, even he played well in Australia, that changed my mind, when Pakistan batsman struggled so much he was playing freely, Bachera Hafeez, curse him for no reason like he is not from one of us, imagine how you would feel if you performed for your country yet they still treat you as an enemy give him a bit of respect for after all he is one of your own men just like Khawaja.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Another typical childish post from you.

First of all understand it - there is no hate against him or any other player, why would I or anybody hate him or any other player if a player performs? Am I competing with him for the position in the team? Use some sense for once billy.

You said Gavaskar, Sachin and Ponting acknowledge how amazing you Hafeez is. Provide me reference of your claim.

You said you've done your analysis, but I will take it as pinch of salt, because he only played one innings in NZ, which you labelled as "amazing" and hit few boundaries against Boult so he became a super start.

You get emotional and hyper too soon about him, but why do you forgot that he also ends Razzaq's carrier? He dropped him after he played a match winning innings and helped Pakistan win the game? Why you didnt cry then?

The guy has experience of 20 years, which helps him to manage numbers. I don't look much at stats, because it tells what you want to paint on wall, not what you need to put in the concrete mixture. For example take that NZ series, which forced you to change your opinion about it.

These days, ODI games has gone to 300+ era - even associates batting first would post around 225-250 against better sides. Gone are the days, when you try a little careless humpty. These days, without score board pressure, if you are cunning enough - you can easily bat selfishly and post numbers for pankha (fan like you) base to shout for you, while your team can found themselves over 50 under par.

Hafeez has done exactly same in that series - twice PAK batted first and he took his comfort to score 60 (71), 81 (80) while Pakistan posted at least 35 under par. Thrice PAK chased and his scores were 1 (9), 0 (4), 6 (20) - this is absolute manipulation of stats and this guy is a Professor in doing that, but it too difficult for you to understand. This has been his career story actually - manipulation, well supported by PCB, his Media friends & his Captains. Even when he was posting Sobers like performance with bat & chucking in UAE, his outside Asia stats were like 25/70 - that too hugely boosted by his lifetime achievement - a mega bonanza series against Zimbo - did you wanted that series? If not then google it, you will find many Pull, Cut and Drive against toothless and impotent attach of mighty ZIM.

Guy is intelligent and extremely cunning - instead of indulging in the rat race of Captaincy, he kept his Captain (s), coach (s) comfortable and enjoyed the megastar status in the team for almost a decade - he was the only player regular starter for 3 formats, bats in top 3 for all 3 format, bowls full quota, drops at abundance at 1st slip or point, assured Cat A central contract ..... this won't have been possible had his Captain (s) were threatened.

Unfortunately for him, this time, this guy Arthur called the bluff, otherwise long may it lived and Hafeez was destined for 2023, possibly as Captain (still can happen - if Arthur gets sacked and he somehow continue to play cricket).

8. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He’s always smashed Boult, 196 at Sharjah, then in 2016 he got two good scores in NZ and he also got a fifty in 2015 there, this year he played two stunning knocks, yes he failed in three chases but the rest of them had a total tally of 50-70 runs for the series.

Only Fakhar, Hafeez, Haris and Shadab got some runs. after watching the Asia cup I’m surprised as to how we didn’t loose even worse in NZ.

It’s not that I think Hafeez is a Bradman, the person that is replacing him is nothing compared to Hafeez, bring his bowling in and you have got a player that fits into the team combination and he has the shots to perform overseas.

https://dai.ly/x3xmtru
    Ricky Ponting said it during the Champions trophy final and Gavaskar said it during the 2013 champions trophy match between Pak and India

You won’t understand, thought you would after the Asia cup but no.

9. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Sarfraz is not a batsman*

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    First and foremost dont include TEST games (that too from UAE), because we're discussing ODI's here.

And NO, his innings on NZ tour might have appealed you, but I've explained in details that it was utter selfish and manipulative innings. Yes, others failed as well, but how does it justify his failure? That too as a super serious player?

Hafeez had, and will always give you false hopes in Asia, but the moment you are on away tours, he's become a walking wicket. But you need to take off your fanboy glasses to see it.

Yes, he played an excellent innings in CT Final, but it was just one incident. Can he do it consistently? Nobody knows, but still I am okay to give him few games and keep in the squad till next WC. However, the moment he fails in few game at the position 6, which required hard-hitting, he will have to make way for his replacement, therefore, both should be part of the squad.

Having 6th bowling option is handy, but its not a must. What a 'must' is to have a player at no.6 position to come around 38/40 over and push total to 80/90/100 in last 10 overs.

11. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Hafeez is still needed in the LOI side.