Sarfraz likely replacement for butterfingered Kamran

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Moiz, Jan 7, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Moiz

Moiz Youngsta Beauty

Dec 22, 2009
    PCB is seriously considering the option of sending wicket-keeper Sarfraz Ahmed to Australia for the Hobart Test. And there are news about Razzaq, Afridi and Rana to be selected as well. Seems interesting!

More info!

2. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Why now? This should have been done atleast two years ago (if not three, when Akmal was at his butter finger best on the 2006 England tour).

3. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I don't see the point of sending Sarfraz if he isn't going to play, I think he'll be in the starting line up.

4. Saqlain Doosra

Saqlain Doosra Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    Not that he did any better, although it was he's first test match,

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Welcome Jamil, nice to see you.

Sarfaraz didn't drop any dollies but I know what you mean. He doesn't have the keeping talent of Kamran who between 2004-2006 was one of the best pure keepers around. But Kamran seems to have picked up some bad habits and as the commentators noticed when watching him practising, Kamran isnt doing any difficult keeping drills. Just basic catching of a ball travelling at 2 miles an hour!

Sarfaraz needs a bit of a run in the team and hopefully that will push Kamran to seek some better coaching help than Intikhab Alam!!

6. Saqlain Doosra

Saqlain Doosra Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    Thanks Merc. I didn't know you had the site up and running.

I would like to see Kamran pushed too because he's got very comfortable and has started to drop standard and put weight on. We need lots of competition in team to be more competitive again in world cricket. Its very unfortunate to see keepers drop catches off spinner, can imagine how heart breaking it must be for Kaneria.

7. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    I can't say I am impressed or feeling very confident about the new keeper. While I believe Kamran no longer deserves his place within the tests and have held that believe for a while. Pakistan must use Kamran for ODI's and T20's where he can do the most damage to the opposition.

He isn't a natural wicket keeper hence PCB should get some help he has plenty of to offer in the shorter versions of the game.

8. sohaib-789

sohaib-789 Emerging Player

Mar 11, 2010
    if only this could happen :(

9. rh8959

rh8959 Youngsta Beauty

May 5, 2010
    Adding sarfaraz would be great. Atleast the fixer will no longer be in the team. Kamran is very lucky to be playing the WC but unfortunately its his last moments in the team. We need patriotic players who plays for country rather than money. If umer akmal does something wrong after his brother is kicked out then he should also be removed.

10. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    not possible. Thiss time ICC is strict on subsitution. Only if ur injuried then you can subsitute. WHat are the odds of a keeper getting injuried???

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List